LL Cool J Says Today’s Radio Makes you want to “Throw up”… Disses the New Headphones Trends

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
funny how people take a 5min clip and flip it. First off he is promoting a product that will help Artist in the long run which is good for Hip hop. He is also explaining that is not fad type of trend like the headphones this is something that help people and have longevity. Ya'll saying he is hating but he is saying the same thing you say when you in your car when you turn the radio off and rather listen to your cd's or MP3 player. Local radio stations do play the same songs over and over again and you get tired of the same songs. I understand playing what's hot but they over due it.
 6 years ago '05        #22
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,240 | Props total: 15806 15806
 BIGthingsSON2 said:
LL Cool J had his era. I hate how ppl on this site diss stars of the past, no one lasts forever. n*ggas like LL paved the way. All us n*ggas ain't even candles.
I'm in no way dissing the man, I still like LL...but complaining about how radio is today, when you was doing the same thing 15 to 20 years ago comes off like your mad its not you
 01-17-2012, 01:03 PM         #23
StayBlazin1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They play music on the radio still?
 6 years ago '12        #24
Raw Silk 
space
space
$244 | Props total: 0 0
truth
 6 years ago '04        #25
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,926 | Props total: 17530 17530
Good sh*t
 01-17-2012, 01:07 PM         #26
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majormedicalboI said:
i fux wit moe dee but this song > moe dee career

dnt try to act like this sh*t dnt make u say "GO LL" an start doin the wop
LOL n*gga the wop is older than 80% of the n*ggas on boxden
 6 years ago '04        #27
space
space
he's right tho...the radio besides a few channels on Sattelite radio are for 14 yr olds
 6 years ago '04        #28
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
LOL @ people saying "radio been sh*t since '07"... "nah.. '04"

Maaaaaaan radio been sh*t since '97... '98.

Basically, radio turns to sh*t, whenever you turn 14.

EDIT- And all y'all hating on LL for his comments are totally missing it.

Yeah, LL made commercial music for his whole career, with some raw sh*t thrown in once or twice per album... cool... but in this conversation, he NEVER once complains about the quality of the music. He hates on ZERO artists.. ZERO styles... HE's not saying the radio is too commercial.. it's just something you're used to hearing, so you're acting like he said that.

He's just talking about the consolidation of power in the radio business, and he's absolutely right. Clear Channel and Radio One control every fu*king thing... just like Viacom controls it on the visual side.

The internet has been the way out of this.. the only way Clear Channel and Viacom don't have complete control over what we are all exposed to (which, as a side note, is one reason everyone needs to ACTIVELY opposed SOPA... If you don't know what I'm talking about A) you're an idiot, B) Google it. Today)... so I don't see how anyone can hate on what LL is talking about, and trying to accomplish with this business venture.

I haven't liked anything I've heard out of LL's mouth since "4, 3, 2, 1", but I can't hate on any man when he's speaking real.

Last edited by TizOnly1; 01-17-2012 at 01:14 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #29
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,468 | Props total: 16247 16247
clear channel... and radio "programming"

definition
programming - creating a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something

replace computer with brain....

marketin is control... people are being told whats good... so when you think drake is really that hot...ask yourself again..were you programmed to think that way
 6 years ago '04        #30
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,567 | Props total: 2837 2837
 Killamike79 said:
I'm in no way dissing the man, I still like LL...but complaining about how radio is today, when you was doing the same thing 15 to 20 years ago comes off like your mad its not you

thats what im sayin

im like how is this n*gga gonna be mad that radio is closed up and has a set formula, when he used to be a PART of the formula when radio was first moving in this direction

i respect LL as a pioneer, but stop acting like he carryin the torch for the alternative hip-hop scene
 6 years ago '04        #31
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
Yo... I can't WAIT fr these young boys who love wale turn 21 and then they'll say STUPID sh*t like ambition was a classic album. Ni99as who are in they prime ALREADY look washed up. Dissing LL is hilarious. Who wants to hear lotus flower bomb 21 times a day driving to work!?!?!
 6 years ago '04        #32
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
 abstractq said:
thats what im sayin

im like how is this n*gga gonna be mad that radio is closed up and has a set formula, when he used to be a PART of the formula when radio was first moving in this direction

i respect LL as a pioneer, but stop acting like he carryin the torch for the alternative hip-hop scene
No One is. Radio is worst then ever is he lying? then shut the fu*k up LL actually made great music for 20 years.
 6 years ago '04        #33
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,449 | Props total: 6518 6518
im not going to say that he is hating but he didn't really complain when it was working in his favor a few years ago

besides its 2012. there are 5 different ways to not listen to the radio. so the people that are listening wants to listen. the ones that don't got a few options
 6 years ago '04        #34
space
space
 KidKingGoD said:
Yo... I can't WAIT fr these young boys who love wale turn 21 and then they'll say STUPID sh*t like ambition was a classic album. Ni99as who are in they prime ALREADY look washed up. Dissing LL is hilarious. Who wants to hear lotus flower bomb 21 times a day driving to work!?!?!
He's right about underground artists...There are ALOT of them out there right now making great music but not getting heard
 6 years ago '09        #35
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 TizOnly1 said:
LOL @ people saying "radio been sh*t since '07"... "nah.. '04"

Maaaaaaan radio been sh*t since '97... '98.

Basically, radio turns to sh*t, whenever you turn 14.
n*gga I Was 14 years old in 2004, 17 years old in 2007, by the way the radio in 2004 was decent..
 6 years ago '04        #36
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,567 | Props total: 2837 2837
 KidKingGoD said:
No One is. Radio is worst then ever is he lying? then shut the fu*k up LL actually made great music for 20 years.

he made half great/half decent music for about 10 years

he made sh*tty music on most sh*t post-Mr Smith so he could stay on the radio

n*gga was part of the problem far as im concerned. . .
 6 years ago '04        #37
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
Also, when LL was on... yeah... powers were consolidating, and Clear Channel was definitely a force back then... but it was nowhere near where it is now.

Yes, LL Cool J was a NATIONAL hip-hop artist. Meaning, coast to coast, you would hear his music on every station. Part of that reason is because of his sheer impact.. another reason, undoubtedly, was payola and all the other bullsh*t that was going on.

Even with that, though.. radio DJ's still had some level of freedom. They could break records.. they could play their local talent.. they could play a cut you might not have heard already 89405 times that day.

Now... the ENTIRE playlist is programmed, coming down from corporate. EVERY channel has the same fu*king playlist.. maybe altered VERY slightly (In NY, play some Jay-Z sh*t 22 times a day, instead of 18 like everywhere else in the country, and play Wayne 18 times, instead of the 22 he gets everywhere else).

Just because LL was involved in the inception of the bullsh*t, "involved" meaning, he allowed his marketing team, knowingly or unknowingly, to engage in practices that ensured he's get play, amidst an environment where everyone else was doing it, that doesn't mean he supports what became of radio because of it. It doesn't mean he supported it at the time... but you have to play the game sometimes.
 6 years ago '06        #38
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
...n*ggas can hate but he speakin the truth. I dont even listen to radio like that nomore. Once and a while I would, and I swear I heard the same song 3 times in one hour. The only stations thats still decent are those 80s hits type alternative stations.

6 years ago '04        #39
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 ash1990 said:
n*gga I Was 14 years old in 2004, 17 years old in 2007, by the way the radio in 2004 was decent..
I disagree wholeheartedly. Radio was HORRIBLE in '04, if you ask me.

Ying Yang Twins (ugh), Lil John beats 24 hours a day... Lil Flip... G-Unit garbage (Candy Shop or whatever such nonsense)...

2004 was a pretty good year for rap, IIRC (College Dropout, Purple Haze, death is Certain, Tough Luv, Black Album had just dropped...), but on the radio, TOOOOOOO much sh*tty music was in rotation.

2007 was even worse. Shop Boyz. Plies came out. Who were those G5 clowns? R. Kelly, Lil Wayne and Fat Joe on every. fu*king. song. Hov came back out with Kingdom Come (worse Jay album ever) at the end of 06.

Bleh.

EDIT- Confessions came out in 2004 too, which is the best RnB sh*t of that decade... but radio played the WORST song off that album ("Yeah") non-stop, so even that couldn't save 2004 radio.

Last edited by TizOnly1; 01-17-2012 at 01:37 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #40
4sonsofHorus 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 1 1
 S.TEX said:
radio has been dead since the iPod came out.
This^^^

You listen to the radio if you have to otherwise I've had my headphones on since before I left high school,

I listen to the radio by accident, Game changing and all that other sh*t went out of the window when I could be my own programming DJ,

fu*k Clear Channel, fu*k those Headphones, fu*k Sopa,
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy