Who’s Better: John Wall or Ricky Rubio?

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
90 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's better?
Wall 36 31.58%
Rubio 68 59.65%
undecided 10 8.77%
Voters: 114. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
st21 1234 heat pts1234
space
space
$55,470 | Props total: 43453 43453
 TriniSoldier said:
. You think nash, rondo, cp3, rose, or any point guard that leads their team would be dancing around when your down 20? Not putting people in place for doing off the back oops when your down 20? Picking up needless techs when your down 20? I aint hearing that sh*t you speaking bruh.
when was wall dancing when they were down by 20+?

and im pretty sure cp3 rose rondo and nash weren't excellent leaders by year 2.
 6 years ago '07        #62
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 PTC said:
When Wall wants to play defense that is...

Nick Young, Rashard Lewis, Blatche, McGee are all players that can be good given a good distributing PG. All those players can make buckets and McGee is a perfect center for easy dishes....

Now, I've seen the Wizards play this year and I've never seen a team play so selfishly in my life...but I can't say that Wall isn't part of the reason.
when you take a team like the twolves with unselfish white boys getting majority of the touches you are sure to see some good decisions. Add on to that Derrick, Michael and Wesley and you have a very easy time being dynamic. Again I love Rubio's game waaay more than Wall, I just think that they are even. Rubio has a higher impact but Wall is more dynamic.
 6 years ago '09        #63
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,226 | Props total: 19335 19335
I haven't lost faith in Wall i think he will develop later he is still raw i just hope Wall has work ethic and not get to down on himself
 6 years ago '11        #64
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 ST21 said:

and im pretty sure cp3 rose rondo and nash weren't excellent leaders by year 2.
you must be young as sh*t.

You're right, CP3 was an excellent leader year 1.
 6 years ago '11        #65
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Cambury said:
when you take a team like the twolves with unselfish white boys getting majority of the touches you are sure to see some good decisions. Add on to that Derrick, Michael and Wesley and you have a very easy time being dynamic. Again I love Rubio's game waaay more than Wall, I just think that they are even. Rubio has a higher impact but Wall is more dynamic.
I do agree that the Wolves have more unselfish players, but at the same time you can't tell me if you put aPG with a high bball IQ on the wizards, they would not be playing better...

John Wall is part of the reason why they're playing so bad, hence his 37.8% FG
 6 years ago '04        #66
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 TriniSoldier said:

They are sitting out of the playoffs which is my point because they don't have this overwhelming team that will suffocate you defensively or out gun you offensively that people are trying to insinuate by saying it's not fair to compare. They have 5 or so wins, and the wizards have 1, which came from the raptors, and 12 losses. Wins DO matter because everything outside of stats, and wins and losses are merely opinion, and not facts. And the facts say the wizards were the better team than the wolves, pre-rubio. Ricky Rubio got anthony tolliver and randolph looking good, and john wall can't get it done with rashard lewis, and nick young? Cmon now I'm not hearing that. You say they have size and length? The wizards have javale mcgee who is a legit 7 footer and leads the league in blocks, versus the wolves having darco milic????? I'm not trying to hear that. Nick Young is a better offensive player than wesley johnson as well. The x factor the wolves have is kevin love and a new coach, from whom they've had to more or less relearn with in a shortened training camp, meanwhile the wizards should have already known the core plays and had them down pact to the point where they should have only had to come to camp to get in shape, and work on some new things. Rubio has more upside and more impact, and more willingness to defend it seems despite having a physically inferior frame. John Wall is an immature leader, and example for his teammates. You think nash, rondo, cp3, rose, or any point guard that leads their team would be dancing around when your down 20? Not putting people in place for doing off the back oops when your down 20? Picking up needless techs when your down 20? I aint hearing that sh*t you speaking bruh.

dude you seriously just type a half page of bullsh*t. again. you have to look at the TYPE of player here. nick young is inconsistent, takes a ton of bad shots, and doesnt pass the ball. rashard lewis isnt sh*t. he cant create and his jumper isnt even that wet anymore, not to mention he doenst play defense or rebound. and the offensive centerpiece is andray fu*kin blatche. dude is literally retarded and i dont even like calling people that. mcgee has a LONG way to go to be respectable in the league. rubio has a team with a respected head coach, good talent and an elite PF. sh*t anthony randolph isnt a damn good talent himself, and so is derrick williams. and because of adleman they are playing their roles better than they did in the past. it inst john walls fault he plays wiht a bunch of selfish nutcases, and it doesnt reflect his leadership because they do stupid sh*t. a second year player can do very little to command a locker room, unless its someone like lebron of course, but his organization got rid of the ppl like ricky davis who got in his way. the wizards havent done that for wall. thats the main difference. he got put in a bad spot. they had the number one pick to get him for a reason
 6 years ago '04        #67
Sotaboy24 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 42 42
Haters get the gas face

[pic - click to view]

"Rubio is the Italian Pete Maravich "
 6 years ago '08        #68
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,120 | Props total: 2836 2836
 TriniSoldier said:

They are sitting out of the playoffs which is my point because they don't have this overwhelming team that will suffocate you defensively or out gun you offensively that people are trying to insinuate by saying it's not fair to compare. They have 5 or so wins, and the wizards have 1, which came from the raptors, and 12 losses. Wins DO matter because everything outside of stats, and wins and losses are merely opinion, and not facts. And the facts say the wizards were the better team than the wolves, pre-rubio. Ricky Rubio got anthony tolliver and randolph looking good, and john wall can't get it done with rashard lewis, and nick young? Cmon now I'm not hearing that. You say they have size and length? The wizards have javale mcgee who is a legit 7 footer and leads the league in blocks, versus the wolves having darco milic????? I'm not trying to hear that. Nick Young is a better offensive player than wesley johnson as well. The x factor the wolves have is kevin love and a new coach, from whom they've had to more or less relearn with in a shortened training camp, meanwhile the wizards should have already known the core plays and had them down pact to the point where they should have only had to come to camp to get in shape, and work on some new things. Rubio has more upside and more impact, and more willingness to defend it seems despite having a physically inferior frame. John Wall is an immature leader, and example for his teammates. You think nash, rondo, cp3, rose, or any point guard that leads their team would be dancing around when your down 20? Not putting people in place for doing off the back oops when your down 20? Picking up needless techs when your down 20? I aint hearing that sh*t you speaking bruh.
Spoken like a fan who doesn't have to suffer through Wizards games. Rashard Lewis is a shell of himself, beyond washed up and two steps slower than any of his opposing SFs and Nick Young is the type of player who will turn an easy spin-layup combo into a contested fadeaway by spinning the opposite direction - think Kobe without the basketball IQ or competitive fire. For every step McGee takes, his dumbass takes ten steps back, like with the off the backboard fiasco.

I do agree that Wall should be a better leader and shouldn't sulk so much on the court. There are some possessions he'll come down pass it to Blatche just to watch Blatche hold the ball for five seconds, do his horrible patented behind the back dribble into a bricked fadeaway.

Wall did get fed up two weeks ago and yelled at Flip to "Get him out the fcking game!!" in reference to Blatche. At this rate Wall will start going through the motions until his contract is up and he can get the hell outta DC. The owner wants Wall and the fans to be patient so he can build like the Thunder, as if Kevin Durants come out of college every year

Hell, Wall put up 38 points, 8 a.ssists, 6 boards, 4 steals and a block and the team STILL lost

Last edited by JCyclops; 01-17-2012 at 04:18 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #69
st21 1234 heat pts1234
space
space
$55,470 | Props total: 43453 43453
 JCyclops said:
Wall did get fed up two weeks ago and yelled at Flip to "Get him out the fcking game!!" in reference to Blatche.
this and here is another example oh him getting on his teamates for lousy effort.

[video - click to view]

01-17-2012, 04:27 PM         #70
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If we're asking who is the better point guard, the answer has to be Ricky. His court vision is just incredible and he's only going to get better. I think his defense and his steals have impressed everybody as well.

That's not even a knock on John Wall but I'll go with a pure pass first point guard like Ricky every single time.

I remember the idiots on here trying to tell me years ago that Jonny Flynn was the superior point guard to Ricky.
 6 years ago '06        #71
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 TriniSoldier said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #72
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,120 | Props total: 2836 2836
 ST21 said:
this and here is another example oh him getting on his teamates for lousy effort.

That practice looks so pathetic and uninspiring
 6 years ago '04        #73
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,987 | Props total: 11777 11777
 PTC said:
Wall will never be in the same realm of Rubio in distributing the ball. You must have not watched either play..
 PTC said:
No one said John Wall can't develop
this guy is bragging about his basketball knowledge and rubio's basketball IQ. if i recall correctly it's. the same guy who started the thread comparing kevin durant to vince carter??

the same guy who hopped on the tim tebow bandwagon faster than a hobo on a ham and cheese?

and I'm done here folks, this thread has gone full retard, it's naptime and i'm jet-lagged as fu*k

Last edited by torious; 01-17-2012 at 04:41 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #74
Prot3ge 
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 0 0
wall...
 6 years ago '06        #75
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
Rubio will be up there Top 3 soon....

1) CP3
2) Rose
3) Rubio
 6 years ago '05        #76
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
Ricky Rubio will be a problem for everyone in the NBA for years to come. He's going to be like a mix between Ginobili and Parker.

John Wall can get better but I don't see that k!ller instinct in him. He's gifted physically but needs to work on his b ball IQ.
 6 years ago '07        #77
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Rubio is a maxed out Calderon, great a.ssist/TO ratio but ill be damned if he's scoring points as the focal point of the offense. Looking like a 15 ppg player at best
 6 years ago '09        #78
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,011 | Props total: 22324 22324
 ttime236 said:
Rubio is a maxed out Calderon, great a.ssist/TO ratio but ill be damned if he's scoring points as the focal point of the offense. Looking like a 15 ppg player at best
Allen Iverson is retired, why are you looking for your pg to be scoring more than 15? Your PG is supposed to create shots for your teammates, and ultimately get the win. If he scores 2 points and 20 dimes and gets the win, that's a lot better than forcing up 30 points off 30% shooting and losing.
 6 years ago '07        #79
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 PTC said:
I do agree that the Wolves have more unselfish players, but at the same time you can't tell me if you put aPG with a high bball IQ on the wizards, they would not be playing better...

John Wall is part of the reason why they're playing so bad, hence his 37.8% FG
ok I will even agree with u that if u reverse roles the wizards would be playing better but I would add that on the twolves Wall would be playing alot better.
 6 years ago '07        #80
TWINSFAN 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,952 | Props total: 0 0
 Mr. Moses said:
Insult to Rubio.

BTW: Kyrie >>>>>>> both.
lol kyrie blows
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
25 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
171 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
110 comments
19 hours ago