Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
217 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '07        #41
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Nets

6 years ago '05        #42
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12551 12551
One thing I respect about NY fans is they call out there garbage a.ss players, or n*ggas giving half a.ss effort.(yet quick to overrate a young player showing a hint of promise)

That fan base that shows zero loyalty to players but to the organization. For certain teams like the Bulls,KNicks and Lakers, if you aint performing you going to hear about it on a national stage.

Shocked Ewing would be opposed to playing in NYC when that city pretty much made his legend better than what it really was. n*gga was always overrated IMO, but playing in NY always helped his helped his all-time NBA ranking higher than where it would be if he played in any other city.

Last edited by Hold That; 01-17-2012 at 10:19 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #43
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 Rubix said:
I'm curious as to how playing in new York has worked out for people like Carmelo and amare. I mean, they were already superstars as it is and it doesn't seem like they've gotten anymore lucrative deals than they had before.. All that's changed is that now they're losing games and being criticized more than ever...
there are no "lucrative deals" available. that's just some stuff the ny media cooked up in anticipation of lebron, where he was magically gonna make a billion dollars. big companies are operating on a national scale; so if they wanted a particular player, they'd already have them (and they'll put his face in whatever city they want).

in most cases, switching to a big market just gives a guy more opportunity for petty sh*t, like endorsing car dealerships, local restaurants, etc. or maybe club walkthroughs or something. maybe a few extra mil per year in their pocket, at most. biggest thing i've heard about melo is him endorsing afro sheen or some sh*t . and i haven't heard much of anything about amare. i think those two just like the parties though
 6 years ago '04        #44
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 INF4MOUS said:
Nets

3 "superstars" below .500 record

amares more worried about them not wanting his a.ss on the olympic team than winning games
 6 years ago '10        #45
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 MosDefinition said:
3 "superstars" below .500 record

amares more worried about them not wanting his a.ss on the olympic team than winning games
they had the 2nd easiest schedule also
 6 years ago '05        #46
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12551 12551
 Dee Grande said:
there are no "lucrative deals" available. that's just some stuff the ny media cooked up in anticipation of lebron, where he was magically gonna make a billion dollars. big companies are operating on a national scale; so if they wanted a particular player, they'd already have them (and they'll put his face in whatever city they want).

in most cases, switching to a big market just gives a guy more opportunity for petty sh*t, like endorsing car dealerships, local restaurants, etc. or maybe club walkthroughs or something. maybe a few extra mil per year in their pocket, at most. biggest thing i've heard about melo is him endorsing afro sheen or some sh*t . and i haven't heard much of anything about amare. i think those two just like the parties though
Can you imagine the shoe sales LeBron could have gotten in NY though? They are pretty much one of the fashion capitals in the world. That alone would have built his legend so much better. I have a hard time believing that there wasn't a lot of lucrative deals available in NY for the simple fact that it's LeBron James. That name rings so many fu*kin bells around the world that every person in NY or major investor would have wanted a piece of that kid. Not only is he playing for the knicks, but he's representing New York City. Thats a big deal, and thats just one of the luxury of being the best player in the league playing in the biggest most well-known city in the world.

Melo name is not a global stage like LeBron nor is Amar'e. Peep his shoe sales in NY, plus he just doesn't have that flashy game that the Brons,Roses, and Kobe have. There's a reason why D.Rose gets a 250 mil contract in the 3rd largest market and being born there.. While other players don't even sniff sh*t like that. It's all about the brand, the name,your style of play, and even the team. LeBron has all three.. Melo don't,Amar'e don't thats why they get "petty deals"..

Last edited by Hold That; 01-17-2012 at 10:55 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #47
space
space
 Hold That said:
Can you imagine the shoe sales LeBron could have gotten in NY though? They are pretty much one of the fashion capitals in the world. That alone would have built his legend so much better. I have a hard time believing that there wasn't a lot of lucrative deals available in NY for the simple fact that it's LeBron James. That name rings so many fu*kin bells around the world that every person in NY or major investor would have wanted a piece of that kid. Not only is he playing for the knicks, but he's representing New York City. Thats a big deal, and thats just one of the luxury of being the best player in the league playing in the biggest most well-known city in the world.

Melo name is not a global stage like LeBron nor is Amar'e. Peep his shoe sales in NY, plus he just doesn't have that flashy game that the Brons,Roses, and Kobe have. There's a reason why D.Rose gets a 250 mil contract in the 3rd largest market and being born there.. While other players don't even sniff sh*t like that. It's all about the brand, the name,your style of play, and even the team. LeBron has all three.. Melo don't,Amar'e don't thats why they get "petty deals"..

who are these "investors"? this is the same thing the NY media was doing. all this money magically supposed to come raining down, yet nobody knows where it's gonna come from. just a bunch of hyperbole about "the biggest stage."

lebron currently sells about 500K sneaker units, and generates like $80M for Nike. going to NY, he might sell another 50K shoes, just among d!ckriding n*ggas in the city. this isn't the 70s. lebron's face is already everywhere. at best, he'd probably receive a marginal raise from his biggest partners (ie. mcdonalds, nike, coke) to account for the boost he's giving the local NY market. then maybe some chump change from local businesses who wanna hop on. the rest of the world doesn't give a sh*t about him being in a knicks/nets jersey. not to mention, it's not like he's hurting for media coverage, as is.

as for amare/melo, obviously i don't expect them to get treated like they're kobe or lebron. i'm just using them as a relative example. given the expectations that people like you have, i think lebron's move there would've been just as disappointing from an endorsement perspective. i see no well-thought-out way how he was supposed to become "the first billionaire athlete" by playing there. again, just hyperbole.

Last edited by Dee Grande; 01-18-2012 at 12:44 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #48
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13

first thing melo did when he got to ny
 6 years ago '07        #49
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Dee Grande said:
who are these "investors"? this is the same thing the NY media was doing. all this money magically supposed to come raining down, yet nobody knows where it's gonna come from. just a bunch of hyperbole about "the biggest stage."

lebron currently sells about 500K sneaker units, and generates like $80M for Nike. going to NY, he might sell another 50K shoes, just among d!ckriding n*ggas in the city. this isn't the 70s. lebron's face is already everywhere. at best, he'd probably receive a marginal raise from his biggest partners (ie. mcdonalds, nike, coke) to account for the boost he's giving the local NY market. then maybe some chump change from local businesses who wanna hop on. the rest of the world doesn't give a sh*t about him being in a knicks/nets jersey. not to mention, it's not like he's hurting for media coverage, as is.

as for amare/melo, obviously i don't expect them to get treated like they're kobe or lebron. i'm just using them as a relative example. given the expectations that people like you have, i think lebron's move there would've been just as disappointing from an endorsement perspective. i see no well-thought-out way how he was supposed to become "the first billionaire athlete" by playing there. again, just hyperbole.
Not even gonna address this fluff
 6 years ago '08        #50
space
space
 KnicksLost said:
Not even gonna address this fluff
probably cant, even if you wanted to
 01-18-2012, 03:12 AM         #51
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Patrick Chewing is right, come to L.A already you fu*king clown.
 6 years ago '05        #52
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 modalee said:
Bynum for Dwight and Jameer Nelson

It's the best Orlando can do.
So why would Orlando hand the Lakers 2 more championships minimum and get a feeble bodied crybaby for a center? Just wondering... And I'm certain that if Dwight goes, Turkoglu will be leaving right along with him...
 01-18-2012, 05:31 AM         #53
litwoo673 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Forget playing for the sorry a.ss nets you winning in orlando.
 01-18-2012, 06:07 AM         #54
downsouthmane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have to question if D12 is mentally tough enough for a top 3 market like NY.

1. You can tell he's childish by his goofy antics.
2. Every time I see him play against the Hawks, he exceptionally cries A LOT when calls dont go his way.
3. Even though he from the A, his family from a small south Georgia town named Mt. Vernon, GA and I was fu*king this female from there last year. She said he's always came down there with a snobbish, arrogant, self-righteous attitude.

When everything is going good in a big market, I bet he'd be on top of the world...but the minute some heavy heat comes down on him, that niqqa might fold.
 6 years ago '07        #55
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Rubix said:
I'm curious as to how playing in new York has worked out for people like Carmelo and amare. I mean, they were already superstars as it is and it doesn't seem like they've gotten anymore lucrative deals than they had before.. All that's changed is that now they're losing games and being criticized more than ever...
Not sure WTF Amare and Melo were thinking but it seems that for the past decade, the Knicks is where stars go to commit career suicide. Just look at this list...

Penny Hardaway
Stephon Marbury
Dikembe Mutombo
Steve Francis
Quentin Richardson
Zach Randolph
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady

6 years ago '04        #56
KuruptJ 
space
space
$767 | Props total: 37 37
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
lol far form it.

i honestly want him to go and venture into a bigger market so he can see all the bad that comes with it.

my team/franchise doesn't deserve what he's putting them through. they've been working extra hard just for him. stan for the first time ever has calmed down and stopped being negative and micromanaging the offense and been giving the team more freedom. guys are stepping up and being more aggressive and not just chucking 3s all day and camping on the perimeter. (minus jameer because he sucks)

i'm not ignoring that we're not a contender and that otis is a big fu*k up that should be fired but our new president/ceo as well as the team have been making a huge effort just for him. when ryan anderson dropped 30 on the knicks yesterday he gave all credit for his career high to dwight.

if dwight was more concerned about winning than being a star he would be trying to convince dwill to demand a trade to orlando rather than trying to join him on a team that dwill himself doesnt even care to be on. if anyone hasn't notice....the magic have a better record than all of the teams on his "wishlist" and he's been struggling on offense since the season started.

I agree with the last paragraph about getting dwill to come to Orlando b/c the Nets haven't done shyt since Jason Kidd left but on the last part about the Magic having a better record than the teams on dwight's wishlist, to me the Magic haven't played anybody. So I think their record is a little deceiving. I'm not trying to take anything away from them this year but most of the teams that the so called experts have picked to be the real contenders they have not played yet. Also I think if dwight wants to leave Orlando then he should go to the western conference b/c it's gonna be a lot tougher to get to the finals in the east than in the west. Even with dwill going to Orlando I don't think they would beat Miami or Chicago in 7 games. That's just my opinion.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy