most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
6995 pageviews
55 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
Patrick Ewing Warns Dwight Howard Against Playing in NY Area

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Patrick Ewing Warns Dwight Howard Against Playing in NY Area

Patrick Ewing, the former New York Knicks center now an a.ssistant coach with the Orlando Magic, warns Dwight Howard that despite the lure of playing in Brooklyn for the Nets, things might not necessarily turn out so well for him there.

From the Orlando Sentinel: “Magic a.ssistant coach Patrick Ewing received a standing ovation at Madison Square Garden when he was introduced during a break in the first quarter of Monday’s 102-93 Magic win over the Knicks. Ewing, of course, has been asked what advice he has given Howard, who can opt out of his deal after this season and has requested a trade. Ewing said he has advised Howard to remain with the Magic.

‘Everybody always thinks the grass is always greener,’ Ewing said. ‘But it’s a great opportunity for him to stay in a [single] place. I wish I had stayed and finished my career here in New York. But it’s his decision.’ Howard, who can opt out of his current deal after this season, has requested a trade. One of the three teams on his list of preferred destinations is the New Jersey Nets, who will relocate to Brooklyn after this season.

Ewing played the first 15 seasons of his 17-year NBA career with the Knicks, and he understands that the spotlight is brighter in the New York market than Orlando. ‘You’ve got to have a thick skin to play in a place like this,’ Ewing said.

Last edited by T2THEONE; 01-17-2012 at 10:30 AM..

55 comments for "Patrick Ewing Warns Dwight Howard Against Playing in NY Area"

6 years ago '07        #2
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,206 | Props total: 19863 19863
 6 years ago '07        #3
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6122 6122
funny part is dwight has accomplished so much in a small market outside of bball. movies, endorsements, commericals, guest appearances on tv shows, interviews on late night shows like leno and fallon. i find it hilarious he believes hes gonna get bigger than he already is.

plus i know how sensitive this n*gga is. when he has a bad game and the media (in the big market) rips him apart or his fans boo him for missing freethrows he's gonna take that to heart and cry. big sensitive a.ss n*gga.

plus this n*gga is super protective of his private life and orlando never invaded his privacy or fished for dirt on him or never reported all those crazy allegations his baby mama was making. good luck holding onto that privacy.
 6 years ago '06        #4
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
^^ sounding desperate
 6 years ago '04        #5
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,558 | Props total: 2826 2826
i forgot this n*gga ewing didnt play his whole career with the knicks and sh*t. . .
 6 years ago '04        #6
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,348 | Props total: 8443 8443
i remember when ewing went down with a knee injury. sad day indeed
 6 years ago '07        #7
space
space
 beantown said:
^^ sounding desperate
lol far form it.

i honestly want him to go and venture into a bigger market so he can see all the bad that comes with it.

my team/franchise doesn't deserve what he's putting them through. they've been working extra hard just for him. stan for the first time ever has calmed down and stopped being negative and micromanaging the offense and been giving the team more freedom. guys are stepping up and being more aggressive and not just chucking 3s all day and camping on the perimeter. (minus jameer because he sucks)

i'm not ignoring that we're not a contender and that otis is a big fu*k up that should be fired but our new president/ceo as well as the team have been making a huge effort just for him. when ryan anderson dropped 30 on the knicks yesterday he gave all credit for his career high to dwight.

if dwight was more concerned about winning than being a star he would be trying to convince dwill to demand a trade to orlando rather than trying to join him on a team that dwill himself doesnt even care to be on. if anyone hasn't notice....the magic have a better record than all of the teams on his "wishlist" and he's been struggling on offense since the season started.

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 01-17-2012 at 11:02 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #8
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,406 | Props total: 422 422
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
lol far form it.

i honestly want him to go and venture into a bigger market so he can see all the bad that comes with it.

my team/franchise doesn't deserve what he's putting them through. they've been working extra hard just for him. stan for the first time ever has calmed down and stopped being negative and micromanaging the offense and been giving the team more freedom. guys are stepping up and being more aggressive and not just chucking 3s all day and camping on the perimeter. (minus jameer because he sucks)

i'm not ignoring that we're not a contender and that otis is a big fu*k up that should be fired but our new president/ceo as well as the team have been making a huge effort just for him. when ryan anderson dropped 30 on the knicks yesterday he gave all credit for his career high to dwight.

if dwight was more concerned about winning than being a star he would be trying to convince dwill to demand a trade to orlando rather than trying to join him on a team that dwill himself doesnt even care to be on. if anyone hasn't notice....the magic have a better record than all of the teams on his "wishlist" and he's been struggling on offense since the season started.
real talk right here
 6 years ago '05        #9
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
I'm curious as to how playing in new York has worked out for people like Carmelo and amare. I mean, they were already superstars as it is and it doesn't seem like they've gotten anymore lucrative deals than they had before.. All that's changed is that now they're losing games and being criticized more than ever...
 01-17-2012, 11:28 AM         #10
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
lol far form it.

and boom goes the dynamite
 6 years ago '04        #11
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,348 | Props total: 8443 8443
I feel bad for Amare
Having to play through rumors of him being on the trading block
Dude has did nothing but embrace the Knicks & NYC being a great spokesman for the organization and this is how you treat him? smh
 6 years ago '07        #12
space
space
 Rubix said:
I'm curious as to how playing in new York has worked out for people like Carmelo and amare. I mean, they were already superstars as it is and it doesn't seem like they've gotten anymore lucrative deals than they had before.. All that's changed is that now they're losing games and being criticized more than ever...
both of these dudes haven't gotten bigger or gained a sh*tload of money in endorsements since playing for the knicks. and the ny media has been trashing him and amare hard. its only a matter of time until they both start getting boo'd at the garden. the only knicks fans in NYC are the old heads. everyone here is a lakers fan. why you think kobe gets mvp chants when he comes to the garden?
 6 years ago '04        #13
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
lol far form it.

and billy king would laugh at that trade demand the difference between demanding a trade to the mavs and magic is one team can actually sign him in the off season

dwill leaves and the nets have a high first round pick and cap space dwight leaves and the magic dont have anything to build around
 6 years ago '04        #14
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 Javon23 said:
I feel bad for Amare
Having to play through rumors of him being on the trading block
Dude has did nothing but embrace the Knicks & NYC being a great spokesman for the organization and this is how you treat him? smh
oh please he went there because they offered him more than anyone else was willing to

im damn sure if the kings offered him that contract he would been screaming about the kings are back
 6 years ago '09        #15
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,223 | Props total: 19332 19332
If Ryan Anderson continues to play so damn well i could see him staying
 6 years ago '07        #16
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
funny part is dwight has accomplished so much in a small market outside of bball. movies, endorsements, commericals, guest appearances on tv shows, interviews on late night shows like leno and fallon. i find it hilarious he believes hes gonna get bigger than he already is.

plus i know how sensitive this n*gga is. when he has a bad game and the media (in the big market) rips him apart or his fans boo him for missing freethrows he's gonna take that to heart and cry. big sensitive a.ss n*gga.

plus this n*gga is super protective of his private life and orlando never invaded his privacy or fished for dirt on him or never reported all those crazy allegations his baby mama was making. good luck holding onto that privacy.
reading his tweets is over sensitive
 6 years ago '06        #17
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,241 | Props total: 627 627
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
lol far form it.

chuuuuuuch. preach
 6 years ago '05        #18
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
dwight is a big ole mentally soft dude...like a child...a place where the media runs wild like new york would torch him
 6 years ago '06        #19
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,241 | Props total: 627 627
this team is very reminiscent of the 09 team. The big difference though is the level o comp that they see every night. Although Orlando has had an somewhat easy schedule thus far, they've showed that they can beat anyone.
 6 years ago '10        #20
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,858 | Props total: 20829 20829
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
lol far form it.

:a greement1:

MosDefinition said:
oh please he went there because they offered him more than anyone else was willing to

im damn sure if the kings offered him that contract he would been screaming about the kings are back
Pretty good point

Our dumbass front office>>>
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago