Green Bay Packers to Cut Donald Driver

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
46 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
230 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
156 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
10626 pageviews
201 comments

regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,314 | Props total: 12995 12995
Green Bay Packers to Cut Donald Driver

[pic - click to view]

Packers to cut Donald Driver....

jasonjwilde Jason Wilde
Driver is under contract in 2012. He's due a $2.2M roster bonus in March (I think), and a $2.6M base salary. #Packers would have to cut him.

jasonjwilde Jason Wilde
No, but I would say it's likely. No one has said so, though. RT @KeithBurd!ck: is it a foregone conclusion that Driver will be cut?

jasonjwilde Jason Wilde
Driver is beloved, no question. But clearly #Packers like Tori Gurley and Diondre Borel a lot. Paid them as such to stay on practice squad.

That sucks. He was one of 4 guys playing with heart yesterday. Would have liked to see him around for one more year.

EDIT:

GREEN BAY – Donald Driver doesn’t know for certain what his future holds, but the Green Bay Packers all-time leading receiver and face-of-the-franchise player definitely sounded like he believes he played his final game for the team in Sunday’s 37-20 NFC Divisional Playoff loss to the New York Giants.

Not his final NFL game, but his final game with the franchise he came to embody after making the roster as an unknown seventh-round draft pick in 1999.

Speaking as he and his teammates cleaned out their lockers before heading into an offseason of uncertainty, Driver, who’ll turn 37 on Feb. 2, said he plans on playing next season, even if it isn’t with the Packers.

“It's not over yet, I hope, but if it is ...” Driver said after catching three passes – all three thrown his direction – for 45 yards and a touchdown Sunday. “This is a business, and if they decide to go a different route with the young players, then I've got to go do what I want to do. And that means either talk to my wife, sit down and make a decision on if I'm going to go somewhere else and play, or do I put the cleats up? Right now, I'm not ready to put the cleats up, so I guess I'll be going somewhere else to play."

With Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson clearly the Packers’ top two receivers, Driver shared time with James Jones and rookie Randall Cobb this season. He finished the regular season having caught 37 passes for 445 yards and six touchdowns, ranking him fifth on the team in both receptions and yardage.

Driver is under contract for the 2012 season, with a $2.2 million roster bonus due in March, a $200,000 workout bonus and a $2.6 million base salary. As a vested veteran, he would be guaranteed the full salary if he is on the roster on opening day.

“If the Packers don’t want me, I’ve got to go somewhere else and play. I don’t have a choice,” Driver said. “I’m not ready to hang the cleats up.”

Last edited by regularjoe; 01-16-2012 at 12:26 PM..

201 comments for "Green Bay Packers to Cut Donald Driver"

6 years ago '04        #2
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,961 | Props total: 11720 11720
classless move.. one of the best Wrs in GB history. one of my coworkes went to HS with the guy and said hes a hell of a guy too.. let the man retire...
 6 years ago '06        #3
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,972 | Props total: 10620 10620

Been there forever and was one of the only dudes who didn't stick his hands in Vaseline before the game
 6 years ago '04        #4
regularjoe 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
 dtown1759 said:
classless move.. one of the best Wrs in GB history. one of my coworkes went to HS with the guy and said hes a hell of a guy too.. let the man retire...
He doesn't wanna retire. Driver has already said, if he's not in Green Bay next year, he'll be somewhere else.
 6 years ago '04        #5
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
:( He wanted to play here until he was 40. He's not like an Ochocinco or a TO that gets stale with time but still remains relevant just because of their name. This dude could still shine if he had speed but when it comes to those tough catches in the clutch nobody does it like Drive.

Hopefully a contract restructuring can help us keep him. Wasn't it up until this year that he was making 10 million a year? I agree that is too much for his role these days but this dude still has the best hands on our team. Not even Jennings compares in that department. I know he will have to retire or go at some point but I wish it were on his terms.
 6 years ago '04        #6
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 regularjoe said:
He doesn't wanna retire. Driver has already said, if he's not in Green Bay next year, he'll be somewhere else.
so show him the respect he deserves and pay him out until he wants to hang em up.... 5 mill aint all that much in the grand scheme of things.. is the owner really that greedy?
 6 years ago '04        #7
space
space
RE: Donald Driver retiring:

TyDunne Tyler Dunne
Driver said he never imagined himself in another uniform. "But if it happens, it happens. I can't do anything about it." #packers

TyDunne Tyler Dunne
Driver -- "I have plenty (of years). The thing is, it's not up to me. The Packers have to make that decision." #packers

TyDunne Tyler Dunne
WR Donald Driver has no plans to retire. If the #Packers don't want him back, he's willing to play elsewhere.
 6 years ago '07        #8
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
Really! Why??? Dude should choose to retire as a Packer, don't just cut dude.. @ Green Bay
 01-16-2012, 11:11 AM         #9
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
trouble in lambeau?
 6 years ago '04        #10
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 dtown1759 said:
so show him the respect he deserves and pay him out until he wants to hang em up.... 4 mill aint all that much in the grand scheme of things.. is the owner really that greedy?
I don't think it's about the money, more about the space. Including TEs I think we have like 12 perimeter players
 6 years ago '10        #11
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,138 | Props total: 15649 15649
cut the only n*gga catching passes
 6 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 dtown1759 said:
so show him the respect he deserves and pay him out until he wants to hang em up.... 4 mill aint all that much in the grand scheme of things.. is the owner really that greedy?
The two young guys we have in waiting are gonna be monsters. Borel and Gurley. I'm not thrilled about cutting Driver. IMHO--you can't put a price on heart, determination, and leadership. BUT--as Packer fans, this is what we signed on for..... letting older players go for younger players. I trust Ted Thompson.

And money is about to be tight in Green Bay. We're going to give Aaron $100 million plus.

Last edited by regularjoe; 01-16-2012 at 11:17 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #13
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 23 23
I don't see him getting cut. Maybe he'll retire but he ain't getting cut.

532 - 89 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 85% 2 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 4-2, Rank #212 | Aug 14: 69-20, Rank #59 | Aug 13: 111-27, Rank #24 | Aug 12: 415-99, Rank #11 | Aug 11: 74-23, Rank #61 | Aug 10: 2042-879, Rank #1 | Aug 09: 1049-376, Rank #1 | Aug 08: 1452-454, Rank #1 *
 6 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 WalterWhite said:

It's the Packers new way... This type of disloyalty will k!ll them in the long run.
Out of Lions, Bears, and Vikings fans--who have a LEGIT reason to hate us. You're in EVERY Packer thread. Every. Single. One. I know you want certain Packer fans attention, but, take a smoke break or something.
 6 years ago '04        #15
gutta561 
space
space
space
$909 | Props total: 91 91
So you want this n*gga to be their forever while you have other young players on the bench with potential. There is a point and time were you have to see what you have with the younger WR's
 6 years ago '09        #16
DatBrownDood 109 heat pts109
space
space
$26,034 | Props total: 1272 1272
welcome to the bears donald
 6 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 BrownBag said:
welcome to the bears donald
That's EXACTLY where I think he's going.
 6 years ago '08        #18
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,165 | Props total: 5233 5233
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my favorite player :sad5:
 6 years ago '04        #19
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
I don't think it's about the money, more about the space. Including TEs I think we have like 12 perimeter players
 regularjoe said:
The two young guys we have in waiting are gonna be monsters. Borel and Gurley. I'm not thrilled about cutting Driver. IMHO--you can't put a price on heart, determination, and leadership. BUT--as Packer fans, this is what we signed on for..... letting older players go for younger players. I trust Ted Thompson.

And money is about to be tight in Green Bay. We're about to give Aaron $100 million plus.

there is no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL.. especially at WR. trade finley or one of the others for some young defensive talent

it's a scumbag move
 6 years ago '04        #20
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 gutta561 said:
So you want this n*gga to be their forever while you have other young players on the bench with potential. There is a point and time were you have to see what you have with the younger WR's
Hell yea I WANT him to be here forever but I know he won't. I mean even if he were to remain solely with the Packers he only has 2 or 3 realistic years left. I won't be mad if we do end up cutting him just disappointed that he didn't go out like he wanted to. No matter what happens he'll always be a Packer. I just hope our fanbase doesn't turn on him like they did Favre if he ends up going to a div rival. I somehow feel they wouldn't because fans were a lot closer to Drive than Favre.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago