Lakers' Brown wants NBA to look at Griffin push (video)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
160 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
7119 pageviews
70 comments

Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
Lakers' Brown wants NBA to look at Griffin push (video)

[pic - click to view]

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- After a few hours of sleep and a little time to cool off, Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown still didn't like what he saw from Los Angeles Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin during Saturday's loss at Staples Center.

With 12.3 seconds remaining in the first quarter, Lakers rookie point guard Darius Morris drove from the left wing, drawing a foul on Chris Paul. After the whistle, Morris continued to the basket and rose up for a dunk, receiving contact in his midsection from Griffin, enough to send the reedy, 6-foot-4, 190-pounder to the floor. On the bench, Brown received a technical foul and had to be restrained by a.ssistant coaches John Kuester and Chuck Person.

Following the game, Brown called the play "dangerous." Sunday in El Segundo, Brown said he'd ask the league to examine the tape.

"That's a tough play. I'm just curious; I'd like to know the league's ruling on that after they watch it on tape, just to see so I have a better understanding," Brown said. "Because what I was told when it happened was, in a nutshell, it's okay to push a guy in the air as long as he doesn't get hurt, or it doesn't look like he's going to get hurt. So it's a judgment call. The whistle clearly had been blown ... you still think that you'd protect a guy's safety."

Brown made it clear he doesn't believe Griffin is a malicious player or intended to hurt Morris but was nonetheless disappointed in the non-call.

"I'm just talking about the general safety of anybody that's in the air after a play is called, and they get pushed -- and it was a push, you could see it on the tape -- and nothing was called? I wonder why," he said.

More than punishment for Griffin, Brown indicated he wanted clarification from the NBA.

"I picked up a technical foul because I thought there was a rule there. Apparently, it's not a rule from what I was told at the time. It's a judgment call by the official. So I just want to know after reviewing the play, was the judgment call correct," Brown said.

"I don't know what the appropriate response would be, I'm interested in what the response is."

The play in question was just one of many moments of chippiness during Saturday's game, which saw five technical fouls a.ssessed -- four on the Lakers, one on the Clippers.

Following the game, Brown said he apologized to his team at halftime for drawing the technical foul, allowing the Clippers to gain an extra point. Sunday, he reinforced that message.

"I'm not out there sweating and defending, and all that other stuff, and f!ghting through screens. I acted the way I did because I did think it was wrong, and I got a technical, and hopefully it brought some light to what happened. You hate giving up the point when those guys are out there f!ghting the way that they're f!ghting," he said.

"If it happened again, I'd probably do it again, but if I can help it I'd do it without giving up the point."

[pic - click to view]

Los Angeles Lakers' Mike Brown wants NBA to look at Blake Griffin push - ESPN Los Angeles

video:

[video - click to view]

fu*k that overrated gingery f*ggot

70 comments for "Lakers' Brown wants NBA to look at Griffin push (video)"

6 years ago '10        #2
Like Kobe 
space
space
space
$2,643 | Props total: 832 832
laker fan bi*ching about a dangerous push

oh
 01-15-2012, 06:42 PM         #3
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Like Kobe said:
laker fan bi*ching about a dangerous push

oh
 6 years ago '05        #4
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
Good to see a coach sticking up for his players. Mike browns a good coach that doesn't get enough credit for what he did in Cleveland...
 6 years ago '09        #5
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,409 | Props total: 12349 12349
Or tell your players to not try to dunk after the play is dead. Didnt anybody learn from The Resident Goon of the NBA
 6 years ago '06        #6
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4000 4000
Nothing there, really. I think Brown was just acting.
 6 years ago '11        #7
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,921 | Props total: 1649 1649
Coach Brown was ready to f!ght a cat out there........
 6 years ago '09        #8
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 1038 1038
:laughing0: laker stans hate griffin now thats how you know the clippers are def on da rise. only thing he does wrong to me is that he whine to much now when he doesnt get a call
 6 years ago '08        #9
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 MPLSallstar said:
fu*k Fake Griffin. That n*gga is a chump. A dirty player from some of the sh*t I seen.

And the boy think he tough. Come at Delonte West and see where ya body come up boy
Stop that. I don't think Blake expect little dude to dunk like that. Plus he's a rookie Welcome to the NBa.
 6 years ago '04        #10
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135 OP
space
space
 WezLFaCe_KiD said:
:laughing0: laker stans hate griffin now thats how you know the clippers are def on da rise. only thing he does wrong to me is that he whine to much now when he doesnt get a call
fu*k outta here

n*ggas on this board haven't liked Griffin AT ALL.

He's been overrated for some time...

All he does and people mention on this board is dunk... notice we mention no other skill of his game.

He Dunks and what else?

Clippers won't be on the rise till they have 16 Championships

only than will they be on the rise...

end of the day

you'll always be little brother compared to us.
 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM         #11
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Typical Laker crybaby bullsh*t. But when the bi*ches on your team try to get tough its some "goon sh*t" Moist a.ss n*ggas always cryin
 6 years ago '08        #12
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,103 | Props total: 23318 23318

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #13
Rot10MilkSteak 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,741 | Props total: 8 8
i didnt see sh*t tell brown sit his a.ss down.
 6 years ago '10        #14
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 illogik said:
wait.. what push
i don't think the video even showed it but, i think it was morris who was fu*kin around after the play was called dead and dunked and BG pushed him while he was hanging on to the rim for no reason
 6 years ago '04        #15
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135 OP
space
space
It's the first two seconds of the video
 6 years ago '05        #16
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12553 12553
For a player to know whats it's like to sit out an entire year due to injury, you'd think he would be a little more cautious with sh*t like this.. Especially a player like Griffin who likes to Dunk.. This sh*t gets remember because next time I'm sure that 14 or 15th man on the bench aint got no problem being ejected for 2 games to pay back griffin when he's going up for a dunk.
 6 years ago '09        #17
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,400 | Props total: 10502 10502
 Hold That said:
For a player to know whats it's like to sit out an entire year due to injury, you'd think he would be a little more cautious with sh*t like this.. Especially a player like Griffin who likes to Dunk.. This sh*t gets remember because next time I'm sure that 14 or 15th man on the bench aint got no problem being ejected for 2 games to pay back griffin when he's going up for a dunk.
You think that 14th or 15th man even has the strength to push griffin? They tried to push him on a dunk once and it didn't even move him at all lol.
 6 years ago '07        #18
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,205 | Props total: 19855 19855
 ImAMonster said:
You think that 14th or 15th man even has the strength to push griffin? They tried to push him on a dunk once and it didn't even move him at all lol.
yes lol. you think cause they dont play means they dont have the strength to push a guy?
 6 years ago '05        #19
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12553 12553
 ImAMonster said:
Any big man has enough strength to undercut any man out the air and knock him on his a.ss.
 6 years ago '09        #20
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
blakes soft

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
241 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago