Making of Playstation

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21058 21058
 drumgangP said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm sure he'll still argue about it
 01-16-2012, 04:13 PM         #62
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:

Most people born in the 80s/90s in NA refer to the PSone as the PSX, dumb fu*k.

It may not be the "official" title but it doesn't change the fu*king fact most people refer to it as the PSX, you ask anyone who is into game what a PSX is and i guarantee 9/10 people will say playstation 1.

People just called it playstation, or PSX until the PS2 came out...When the little small round PSone launched is when people officially called it "PSone"
 01-16-2012, 04:16 PM         #63
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Krayzie said:
I'm sure he'll still argue about it
Of course he will lmao.

Remember the Net yaroze? I always wanted one of those things lol
 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM         #64
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:

People just called it playstation, or PSX until the PS2 came out...When the little small round PSone launched is when people officially called it "PSone"
people to this day still call the ps1 the psx.

it's just a name that has stuck, you go to any used game site, ebay, amazon or actual game store and ask for psx games and they will all point you to PSone.

no one is arguing that PSX isn't the official name, it's just what everyone calls it, as for the PS2 thing it has nothing to do with PSX, in my 25 years of gaming i have never heard anyone refer to the PS2 as a PSX, only the PS1.

As for the PSX DVR thing, what i find most amusing is people were calling the PSOne the PSX almost a decade before the PSX DVR was even conceived, most people think the PSX DVR was named the PSX because of the name that stuck with the PSOne

Last edited by IronMaiden; 01-16-2012 at 04:20 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #65
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Of course he will lmao.

Remember the Net yaroze? I always wanted one of those things lol
That sh*t was mad expensive if I remember right.
 6 years ago '05        #66
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 IronMaiden said:

it's just a name that has stuck, you go to any used game site, ebay, amazon or actual game store and ask for psx games and they will all point you to PSone.

no one is arguing that PSX isn't the official name, it's just what everyone calls it, as for the PS2 thing it has nothing to do with PSX, in my 25 years of gaming i have never heard anyone refer to the PS2 as a PSX, only the PS1.
Jesszman says the PS2 is the PSX though
 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM         #67
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Krayzie said:
Jesszman says the PS2 is the PSX though
He is a fu*king moron, PSX is an acronym for playstation, people were calling the playstation 1 PSX back in 1995.

PS2 has never been referred to as the PSX, and the PSX DVR came out almost a decade after the PSX nickname was birthed for the PSOne. Jess is just acting retarded and nobody cares what he thinks.
 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM         #68
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Krayzie said:
lol yeah it was mad expensive
 6 years ago '06        #69
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1424 1424
 IronMaiden said:
you gonna act like dreamcast or N64 had more than 5-6 good games?

[pic - click to view]

Not to mention all the third party titles between PSX/N64, PSX ran better and don't even get me started on how badly the PS2 r*ped dreamcast in terms of games.

PSX

FF7
FF8
FF9
FF Tactics
Xenogears
Crash series
Spyro 1+2
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Tenchu
Chrono Cross
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Lunar
MOH
MGS
Syphon Filter 1
Syphon Filter 2
Vagrant Story
Grandia
Silent Hill
The superior versions of Resident Evil 1-3
Driver
Tekken 3
Tomba
Ape Escape
Bushido Blade
Superior versions of the Tony Hawk games
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Legend of Dragoon

I can keep going.

Dreamcast had what? i can think of only 3-4 games that were owning on that system over owning them on the PS2 or another console, as much as i love the DC i wouldn't put it top 5 consoles, hell i would put PS2 over both N64 and Dreamcast, can you name 1 original IP that came out of either of consoles that redefined a genre? or was a AAA new IP?

PS2 gave us God of War, Okami, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry. Games like GTA 3 before it was ported, changed the fu*king game with sandbox titles, games like Jax and Dexter, Sly Cooper and MGS 2 and MGS 3.

So yeah.. rethink your statement, N64 and Dreamcast were both great consoles but on the same level as PS/PS2? in terms of quality exclusives and genre defining titles it goes to PS/PS2.

N64 had great SEQUELS, PS/PS2 gave us game changing NEW IPS.
You fail at not listing resident evil 2
 01-16-2012, 04:24 PM         #70
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Krayzie said:
 IronMaiden said:
He is a fu*king moron, PSX is an acronym for playstation, people will calling the playstation 1 PSX back in 1995.

PS2 has never been referred to as the PSX, and the PSX DVR came out almost a decade after the PSX nickname was birthed for the PSOne.
 IronMaiden said:

As for the PSX DVR thing, what i find most amusing is people were calling the PSOne the PSX almost a decade before the PSX DVR was even conceived, most people think the PSX DVR was named the PSX because of the name that stuck with the PSOne
You do realize youre agreeing with me right? lol
 01-16-2012, 04:26 PM         #71
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
You do realize youre agreeing with me right? lol
I am arguing with Jess, unless you believe PSX refers to PS2 and nobody refers PSX to PSOne.

I should of multi-quoted the one post, i can see how it looked like i was trying to argue with you.

Blockburner28 said:
You fail at reading, i clearly stated "The superior versions of RE 1-3"
 01-16-2012, 04:32 PM         #72
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blockburner28 said:
It was alot wrong with his list...Like how Tony Hawk on the Dreamcast had better polygon counts(parts 1 and 2 never released on PS2, only on PS1) and ran at a better resolution. So did Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver

And the best Grandia released was the Dreamcast version, period.

The Tony Hawk 2 port to Dreamcast was one of the smoothest and most well put together ports out of all the games I've played IMO....Remember....it was Treyarchs first great deed before they started ruining series like putting out sh*t like Black Ops

Sure...the "Superior" Grandia was on a Sony System....Guess the 90(And plenty of perfect scores) the Dreamcast version got versus all those 60s and 70s the PS2 version got meant sh*t.

Last edited by drumgangP; 01-16-2012 at 04:37 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #73
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
It debuted for $925 in Japan. After the 1st price cut:

the PSX cost 74,000 yen ($675) for the 160GB model and 95,000 yen ($866) for the 250GB model.

Absolutely ridiculous.
 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM         #74
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
It was alot wrong with his list...Like how Tony Hawk on the Dreamcast had better polygon counts(parts 1 and 2 never released on PS2, only on PS1) and ran at a better resolution. So did Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver

And the best Grandia released was the Dreamcast version, period.

The Tony Hawk 2 port to Dreamcast was one of the smoothest and most well put together ports out of all the games I've played IMO....Remember....it was Treyarchs first great deed before they started ruining series like putting out sh*t like Black Ops
LOL no.

The best grandia is the saturn version., and i said RAN better, not LOOKED better.

Dreamcast still had what? 2 exclusives worth owning? there is a reason it failed. and PSX/PS2 is hailed as 2 of the greatest consoles, unlike DC they innovated with games, the only thing dreamcast innovated on was console online multiplayer and it was sh*t.
 6 years ago '05        #75
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 13766 13766
 coolio said:
how much longer now till drumgang spends the next few hours getting emotional like a geek only to try and justify it by letting us know he's smoking weed atm im guessing after he's done teaching YG the tear limits of his rectal walls
Homio The Homo spends his days pondering other men's rectal walls.
 01-16-2012, 04:41 PM         #76
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:
LOL no.

The best grandia is the saturn version., and i said RAN better, not LOOKED better.

Dreamcast still had what? 2 exclusives worth owning? there is a reason it failed. and PSX/PS2 is hailed as 2 of the greatest consoles, unlike DC they innovated with games, the only thing dreamcast innovated on was console online multiplayer and it was sh*t.
No, it wasnt. And number 2 doesnt that STILL prove your little list wrong.
 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM         #77
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:
LOL no.

You know you obviously really have something against Dreamcast lol...its so many holes in your posts towards the system lmao.

Shenmue wasnt innovative? Soul Calibur wasnt a system seller alone? Virtua f!ghter 3TB wasnt a dope exclusive and one of the better f!ghters alone? Jet Grind Radio didnt sell systems and have a huge a.ss ad campaign with Pepsi/Mountain Dew(I hated the game, but it was huge)? The Capcom f!ghting games didnt run better?(Later ports to PS2 were shots in the dark after the horrible PS1 versions failed miserably)

2ksports werent innovative with 2k/2k1????(2k and 2k1 games were dreamcast exclusives, they didnt get ported to any other system until 2002)

And for the record I wont argue the Dreamcast being better than any system honestly...Like I said in my first post in this thread....but to sit here and act as if it didnt offer sh*t to gaming is just stupid. It changed alot....and honestly introducing online console gaming was MAJOR innovation...To act as if thats something small is just stupid.

It introduced console gaming which led the way to games like Halo 2, COD MW, and so on....Youre talking innovation that helped start what now controls the majority of what gamers are even playing on their consoles.

But hey, the dreamcast aint do sh*t

Last edited by drumgangP; 01-16-2012 at 04:52 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #78
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
98% of my Dreamcast collection were bootleg. Me and my bredrin used to cop games for £5 each at the market. :celebrate0: That was the true beauty of Dreamcast, you could pirate games without any alteration to the OS. I copped Fire Pro Wrestling D on import and all I needed was a swap disc to play it.
 6 years ago '06        #79
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
 IronMaiden said:
And what do you think is the greatest? if you say 360 i will slap the sh*t out of you

As far as games go PS1 > SNES > PS2
He's right tho. It goes something like this N64>SNES>PS2>PS1

[pic - click to view]

Turtles in time was my sh*t.
 01-16-2012, 05:05 PM         #80
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrunkenBoxer said:
He's right tho. It goes something like this N64>SNES>PS2>PS1

[pic - click to view]

Turtles in time was my sh*t.

N64 lol? Naaaah

I always felt like it was PS2>PS1>SNES for best consoles....The PS1 may have been a sony machine, but IMO they improved on everything the SNES had to offer. Nintendo really shouldntve let the deal they had with Sony fell through.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy