Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
89 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
261 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '10        #141
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
Man cheer for who u wanna cheer for...as long as you Ridin till the end with em And not jumpin from team to team then it don't matter
 6 years ago '09        #142
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,409 | Props total: 12349 12349
 Veno da Don said:
ok fly your point is taken but you can't sit here and tell me its humanly possible to hear coverage of teams in three different times zones and two different countries. That's just too much for a person to keep up with and have a life...

On the other hand I listen to Vilente and Foster who covers all hometown sports, one stop shop.

Imo be a fan of whoever but I just find it odd that a person from Detroit would be a fan of the Patriots and Lakers it seem like somewhere along the line they got caught up in media coverage and that hot train, hence the bandwagon.
Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly my man. My argument wasn't that there aren't a lot of bandwagon fans out here. Your example at the end is true because there are people like that who just hop on the hot team or whoever is winning because everybody else is doing it.
My whole issue revolves around one fan telling another fan why they feel they are a bigger fan than them. Like the clown I responded to talking about because he can go to Walmart to buy gear and talk locally with fans he is a bigger fan or has a better experience than somebody who lives in another city that is rocking the same gear and talks with fans just as much as he does.
I know many Cowboys fans who travel to every regular season home game and some road games that don't live in Dallas but a n*gga living in Dallas will feel he's a bigger fan but he doesn't even go to one home game and he lives there. Or the n*gga bringing up experiences of fandom like others who dont live there can't experience that. You know, stupid a.ss logic.

Those are the people I was addressing when it comes to hometown fans feeling they are bigger fans or are more entitled than those who aren't living in that respective city. In the end if you are a fan of a team be a fan of that team and don't give a fu*k about how other fans became fans.
 6 years ago '04        #143
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,669 | Props total: 3250 3250
 Chief Dee said:
When does loyalty have to be a written law? I thought loyalty just "was". The only people who complain about the belief that fans should be loyal to their city/state/region teams are usually those people who DONT root for their city/state/region. Because if you were loyal to your local squad, you wouldnt get offended when the subject comes up. Only bandwagoners get offended when bandwagon fans come up.

You live in the DMV yet rep the Dallas Cowboys, that makes no sense. I live on the Southside of Chicago, am a loyal Southsider to the point that in Chicago's two team sport (baseball), I wont even root for the other Chicago team (i.e. the Cubs) because they're not from the Southside. If I live in Chicago and wont even root for the Chicago Cubs over the Sox because Im a Southsider, then what's the excuse for you to root for a team in a completely different town?
Im not offended...because I'm not from dallas doesn't make me any less than a fan, doesnt mean I kno any less than the next guy, nor does it mean I cant be less excited than another person who is from there...at the end of the day, its just a sport and sure I'm pissed when my team loses but life goes on...

If u wanna root for the sox then root for them, who cares honestly?? if someone judges you for that and you take it seriously then its sad
 01-15-2012, 03:11 PM         #144
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for the most part, yes
 6 years ago '06        #145
thegodfather11 4 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 13 13
No I don't think it is mandatory you have to root for your home team, but I do agree that to root against them if they play a major contribution to the city you live in is a bi*ch move.

I'm born and raised in Detroit as well, but now live out in LA and I've always been a Laker fan because of Showtime growing up. Ive always been a Tigers and Red Wings fan, and a long time heart broken Lions fan. I think that I've always supported those teams because of their ties to the city and the history of their franchises.

I used to hate on the Pistons, never liked their style of play, hack mentality instead of execution, although the 04 team was a very underrated group in how they played. But now I'm hoping they do well for the city because it does bring more energy and excitement to a city that needs it.

If I were a bandwagon fan, I'd be yelling Lob city, and claiming them but that shows a level of ignorance in the sport you're watching. Learning the game first and appreciating it through a team shows true knowledge of a sport and truly makes you a fan.
 6 years ago '08        #146
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
Root for the team you like. IF don't like your home team to the slightest degree don't root.
 6 years ago '05        #147
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,720 | Props total: 6 6
If you from Louisiana and you aint a Saints...

"Then fu*k ya in ya pus*y" Pimp C voice
 6 years ago '07        #148
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly my man. My argument wasn't that there aren't a lot of bandwagon fans out here. Your example at the end is true because there are people like that who just hop on the hot team or whoever is winning because everybody else is doing it.
My whole issue revolves around one fan telling another fan why they feel they are a bigger fan than them. Like the clown I responded to talking about because he can go to Walmart to buy gear and talk locally with fans he is a bigger fan or has a better experience than somebody who lives in another city that is rocking the same gear and talks with fans just as much as he does.
I know many Cowboys fans who travel to every regular season home game and some road games that don't live in Dallas but a n*gga living in Dallas will feel he's a bigger fan but he doesn't even go to one home game and he lives there. Or the n*gga bringing up experiences of fandom like others who dont live there can't experience that. You know, stupid a.ss logic.

Those are the people I was addressing when it comes to hometown fans feeling they are bigger fans or are more entitled than those who aren't living in that respective city. In the end if you are a fan of a team be a fan of that team and don't give a fu*k about how other fans became fans.
Quote me where I said I was a "bigger fan," I'll wait.

I said you can't be a true part of a FANBASE, hence where the TEAM IS LOCATED. You can love any of your teams with as much heart as someone in those cities, but are you as big a part in their fanbase?

I doubt there is a Niner, Brave etc... fanbase where you live, but doesn't mean you're not a fan.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

EDIT- out of curiosity, how did you become a fan of all those teams anyway? Just curious.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
128 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago