Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
239 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
128 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #121
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
Cross-country fans-do you.

But you will NEVER be a true part of a fanbase unless you are involved in the local media coverage, the knee-jerk fans who call the local radio shows the day after the game, get involved in water-cooler talk with your coworkers, go to Wal-Mart or Academy and see racks and racks of your team's gear, go to games, and ultimately go to a championship parade. It's those little intricacies that make a fanbase whole. If your team wins the championship and you're across the country, there is NO WAY you can feel the same emotions as the local fans because they feel the effects of the championship throughout the city.

6 years ago '04        #122
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 Kingpin 313 said:
I could careless about Detroit teams i wish them well unless they playing my team
were you born and raised in Detroit or are you an import that just lives here?
 6 years ago '04        #123
space
space
 MythMade said:

But you will NEVER be a true part of a fanbase unless you are involved in the local media coverage, the knee-jerk fans who call the local radio shows the day after the game, get involved in water-cooler talk with your coworkers, go to Wal-Mart or Academy and see racks and racks of your team's gear, go to games, and ultimately go to a championship parade. It's those little intricacies that make a fanbase whole. If your team wins the championship and you're across the country, there is NO WAY you can feel the same emotions as the local fans because they feel the effects of the championship throughout the city.

smartest Cowboy fan on bx:agreement6::agreement6:
 01-15-2012, 12:45 PM         #124
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MythMade said:

^ that right there.

i've had a unique experience as far as my nfl fandom goes...i was born and raised just outside of new orleans, brought up in a family of saints super-fandom lol. there's pictures of me at 4 years old on my dad's shoulders in the superdome with fleur de lis face paint and a dome patrol shirt my family goes HARD for the saints.

but...when we moved to tampa just before i turned 11, when i started to get into football...playing pop warner etc. i was surrounded by bucs coverage, bucs fans, etc. and i slowly started to have more of an affinity for them as i developed my identity so to speak as an nfl fan. i'm one of like 3 bucs fans in my entire family out of a total of 7 or 8 non-saints fans and many of them have the same story - new city...growing love for the team that was in their face and there you have it.

i couldn't have seen myself just randomly becoming a fan of a team i wasn't surrounded by on a daily basis but it happens to some people so it is what it is...i feel bad for them for never really being surrounded by the diehard experience but at the end of the day it's a personal choice and y'all do whatever you want i didn't grow up in london amidst chelsea fans but i love that team with every fiber of my being
 6 years ago '09        #125
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
For you dudes who wanna use the argument that people who aren't in the city of the team so they can't get the coverage or call in to radio shows and feel the local pain, are you a fu*king idiot? You do know in today's world I can watch every news station in my team's town right? You do know you can read every paper and article from your team's local coverage on the internet right? You do know that just about every radio station has a website that streams or offers you podcasts and call in info right?

There is no way in the hell you can't be a full on fan in the world today with all the various amounts of coverage offered and the power of the internet. I only wish I had all that sh*t growing up so I could have kept up with my teams better growing up.

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 01-15-2012 at 01:02 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #126
space
space
So, I can't just go to the team website and see way more gear than the local walmart? I can't travel to the city when my team wins to attend the parade? I understand some people who want to use the local fandom thing as an excuse but come on people that doesn't make you any more of a fan than someone who doesn't live in the city of a respective team. It just means you pay less in gas or airfare to see the team regularly.
 6 years ago '07        #127
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
For you n*ggas who wanna use the argument that people who aren't in the city of the team so they can't get the coverage or call in to radio shows and feel the local pain, are you a fu*king idiot? You do know in today's world I can watch every news station in my team's town right? You do know you can read every paper and article from your team's local coverage on the internet right? You do know that just about every radio station has a website that streams or offers you podcasts and call in info right?

There is no way in the hell you can't be a full on fan in the world today with all the various amounts of coverage offered and the power of the internet. I only wish I had all that sh*t growing up so I could have kept up with my teams better growing up.

It's not the same bruh.

There is a difference in reading an article on their website, to turning on ESPNRadio or The Ticket(sports station in DFW) and listening to all of the hosts and listeners spazzing out about how the Boys, or Mavs, or Rangers just played. A Cowboys fan in DC isn't listening to Ben and Skin on their way to work over-react about a loss or call Victor Butler a rising superstar(lol). Those fans aren't listening to GAC, or Bob and Dan, or Norm Hitzges, or anything like that.

Of course you can read reports online and listen to a :30 audio clip on any media site, but you DO NOT EXPERIENCE the same elements of fanhood people in the city experience.

Period.
 6 years ago '07        #128
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
So, I can't just go to the team website and see way more gear than the local walmart? I can't travel to the city when my team wins to attend the parade? I understand some people who want to use the local fandom thing as an excuse but come on people that doesn't make you any more of a fan than someone who doesn't live in the city of a respective team. It just means you pay less in gas or airfare to see the team regularly.

I understand you being sensitive about this seeing as you rep teams from San Fran, San Antonio, Atlanta, Montreal, and Indiana, but you're not the same as people in those cities.

You may like them just as much, but you ARE NOT experiencing the same things those people experience.

And going to a team's website to buy something has nowhere near the same connection as buying something at the stadium or the local d!ck's Sporting Goods because those places have EVERYTHING local.
 6 years ago '09        #129
space
space
 MythMade said:
It's not the same bruh.

There is a difference in reading an article on their website, to turning on ESPNRadio or The Ticket(sports station in DFW) and listening to all of the hosts and listeners spazzing out about how the Boys, or Mavs, or Rangers just played. A Cowboys fan in DC isn't listening to Ben and Skin on their way to work over-react about a loss or call Victor Butler a rising superstar(lol). Those fans aren't listening to GAC, or Bob and Dan, or Norm Hitzges, or anything like that.

Of course you can read reports online and listen to a :30 audio clip on any media site, but you DO NOT EXPERIENCE the same elements of fanhood people in the city experience.

Period.
Actually they can with satellite radio in the car. I used to listen to a lot of Dallas sports talk radio when TO and Ken Hamlin played for the Cowboys on my satellite radio. I wish you n*ggas would listen to me. You can read the newspapers from just about every city word for word online just as people in that city would read a hard copy of it over their morning coffee and listen to radio stations live as they listen to them also. Not just clips but the full broadcast. sh*t, thanks to several radio apps on my smartphone I can listen all day to many radio stations across the country.
 6 years ago '09        #130
space
space
 MythMade said:
I understand you being sensitive about this seeing as you rep teams from San Fran, San Antonio, Atlanta, Montreal, and Indiana, but you're not the same as people in those cities.

You may like them just as much, but you ARE NOT experiencing the same things those people experience.

And going to a team's website to buy something has nowhere near the same connection as buying something at the stadium or the local d!ck's Sporting Goods because those places have EVERYTHING local.
So for you it's all about convenience? Because that's the only thing that separates the two. So because you buy your keychain and skully from the local store but I buy mine from the team website you're a bigger fan than me? Come on dude, you make no sense.

Most of my family lives in Tennessee and Georgia but they are probably bigger Cowboys fans than people who live in Dallas. Them fools go to every home game as a group. You can't tell them they aren't real Cowboys fans because they don't shop at d!ck's over on Marketplace Blvd

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 01-15-2012 at 01:16 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #131
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Actually they can with satellite radio in the car. I used to listen to a lot of Dallas sports talk radio when TO and Ken Hamlin played for the Cowboys on my satellite radio. I wish you n*ggas would listen to me. You can read the newspapers from just about every city word for word online just as people in that city would read a hard copy of it over their morning coffee and listen to radio stations live as they listen to them also. Not just clips but the full broadcast. sh*t, thanks to several radio apps on my smartphone I can listen all day to many radio stations across the country.

So you have 5 different satellite radios? Cause here in Dallas when I turn on ESPN Radio they switch from Cowboys to Mavs pretty quick. I get all of my radio coverage from ONE station.

What do you do when the Atlanta station switches from the Braves to the Falcons? Switch to a Fort Bend one? What happens when a San Fran station switches from the Niners to the Giants? Do you hurry up and find a Montreal station?

Again, you're eating Cinnamon Toasters while fans in the city are eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it's not the same as the real thing.
 6 years ago '10        #132
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
I'm stuck rooting for mine.....I pray they relocate.......seriously.....im tired of the bullsh*t.
 6 years ago '09        #133
space
space
 MythMade said:
So you have 5 different satellite radios? Cause here in Dallas when I turn on ESPN Radio they switch from Cowboys to Mavs pretty quick. I get all of my radio coverage from ONE station.

What do you do when the Atlanta station switches from the Braves to the Falcons? Switch to a Fort Bend one? What happens when a San Fran station switches from the Niners to the Giants? Do you hurry up and find a Montreal station?

Again, you're eating Cinnamon Toasters while fans in the city are eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it's not the same as the real thing.
You just verified for me that you have no clue what you are talking about. I should have known before now but I fell for the okey doke. I'm usually good about not taking the bait of idiots.
 6 years ago '07        #134
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
So for you it's all about convenience? Because that's the only thing that separates the two. So because you buy your keychain and skully from the local store but I buy mine from the team website you're a bigger fan than me? Come on dude, you make no sense.

Most of my family lives in Tennessee and Georgia but they are probably bigger Cowboys fans than people who live in Dallas. Them fools go to every home game as a group. You can't tell them they aren't real Cowboys fans because they don't shop at d!ck's over on Marketplace Blvd

Thanks for zeroing in on an arbitrary point. I walk into Wal-Mart, I see at least 5-6 people looking at the Rangers-Cowboys-Mavs-Longhorns stuff. I can walk up to any one of these people and talk about our latest buzz. You buying sh*t off of the website does not give you the same connection.

People who rep all of the teams in their city know what I am talking about. I am not saying you do can't root for your teams like everyone else, but I can say your experiences aren't the same for people who live there.
 6 years ago '07        #135
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
You just verified for me that you have no clue what you are talking about. I should have known before now but I fell for the okey doke. I'm usually good about not taking the bait of idiots.

Cliche comeback for ignoramuses who are mad someone disagrees with them.

Just because you are the definition of what I am talking about, doesn't mean you aren't a "real fan." You're fan experiences are just different.

Keep getting mad though.
 6 years ago '11        #136
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Im from Baltimore. I'm a Ravens fan. I hate Orioles because they've sucked my whole life. I think the fact that my hometown team sucks is why I never really got into baseball. College sports? I hate the terps in basketball because of Gary Williams. Terps never go after the hometown basketball stars (Rudy Gay, Melo, Donte Greene, Kevin Durant, Josh Selby, Michael Beasley etc.) All those local players and Gary Williams couldnt grab a single 1 of them. So in NCAA basketball I root for Kentucky because I like the way Coach Cal recruits. NCAA Football I usually root for WVU because they always have players from Baltimore.
 6 years ago '11        #137
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 Fly 2ndComing said:
For you dudes who wanna use the argument that people who aren't in the city of the team so they can't get the coverage or call in to radio shows and feel the local pain, are you a fu*king idiot? You do know in today's world I can watch every news station in my team's town right? You do know you can read every paper and article from your team's local coverage on the internet right? You do know that just about every radio station has a website that streams or offers you podcasts and call in info right?

that argument is cool for people growing up right now...my argument was for people who would've came up without the majority of that sh*t...hell, there was a packers fan on here who didn't live in green bay and didn't know what the stadium looks like...iunno, you really can't get the same bond with your team living in New York rooting for the 49ers that you can staying 30 minutes from candlestick
 6 years ago '04        #138
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
ok fly your point is taken but you can't sit here and tell me its humanly possible to hear coverage of teams in three different times zones and two different countries. That's just too much for a person to keep up with and have a life...

On the other hand I listen to Vilente and Foster who covers all hometown sports, one stop shop.

Imo be a fan of whoever but I just find it odd that a person from Detroit would be a fan of the Patriots and Lakers it seem like somewhere along the line they got caught up in media coverage and that hot train, hence the bandwagon.
 6 years ago '07        #139
Mr.NYCinNC 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,902 | Props total: 2280 2280
 Veno da Don said:
Imo be a fan of whoever but I just find it odd that a person from Detroit would be a fan of the Patriots and Lakers it seem like somewhere along the line they got caught up in media coverage and that hot train, hence the bandwagon.
of t/s was bandwagon at a time
 6 years ago '08        #140
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,809 | Props total: 9127 9127
I don't care who you're a fan of and I'm not the residing judge ont he matter either.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
145 comments
1 day ago