Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
223 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
267 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #101
philly5 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 1 1
Not really, I think it be better but they don't have to. If you pick a team, STICK with them. Just because they're good for 4 years and start getting bad, doesn't mean you can jump ship to a better squad. Pick teams, and stay with them. Bandwagoners
 6 years ago '05        #102
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Kingpin 313 said:
I'm different making the playoffs doesn't matter if you lose the goal is the winning the Superbowl everybody else is a loser it don't matter if you go 0-16 or make it to the Superbowl and lose both teams didn't achieve anything one just got to go on vacation earlier

A bandwagon fan is not about to root for a losing team for almost a decade they would have been moved on to who ever been winning
a losing team and a team that didnt win the superbowl are two different things, no matter what you say (even though i agree with the sentiment that its superbowl or bust every year) but the patriots are not a losing team, it is what it is
 6 years ago '07        #103
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
I "inherited" my fanhood from my father but was raised in MD. My parents had me in Cowboys apparel before I even knew what football was. If football was on TV, it was the Cowboys. Cowboys were all I heard about. sh*t, I probably didn't even know the names of any other teams:lachen001:

By the time I was old enough to understand the game and really be a die-hard fan, it wasn't even a choice or decision to be made, I just liked the Cowboys
 01-14-2012, 02:42 PM         #104
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you don't root for either the team from the state you are from or for the team your father roots for you might as well just admit you are a casual fan and watch the WNBA..
 01-15-2012, 08:20 AM         #105
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '11        #106
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
way I see it, if you don't inherit, you should be a fan of whatever team you get local coverage on, unless your family got the ticket. I just never understand fans of teams that rarely get to see half their games, don't even know what the stadium/dome looks like, etc. And at a patriots fan trying to spin it like its tough being a pats fan
 6 years ago '09        #107
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,991 | Props total: 22274 22274
fu*k the wagon
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #108
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
Abso-fu*king-lutely. Im from Sacramento, obviously all we have is a basketball team, but that didnt mean i just picked random teams in the other sports. I picked the teams in my general area. The city attached to the team means something to me. I dont want my team to win and then fly back "home" to other side of the country. I want to be part of that homecrowd. All these fu*kin Bulls/Cowboys/Yankees fans thousands of miles away can eat a d!ck. Now if ur state has no team at all, or the closest team isnt relevant to you at all (such as San Diego to me for example), go ahead and choose whatever team you like.
 6 years ago '04        #109
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,323 | Props total: 2472 2472
you can root for whoever u want just dont change "your" team every year

ive liked green bay ever since i can remember...the lions just never did it for me...i liked watchin barry, they are fun to watch now and i like to see em win but im rooting for the pack when they play each other
 6 years ago '08        #110
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 chctynig2804 said:
So now people shouldnt have the right to choose but rather pretend to like/support their hometown team because of some unwritten code?? Makes no sense to me but if that helps you decipher between who is "real" and who is fake then so be it
When does loyalty have to be a written law? I thought loyalty just "was". The only people who complain about the belief that fans should be loyal to their city/state/region teams are usually those people who DONT root for their city/state/region. Because if you were loyal to your local squad, you wouldnt get offended when the subject comes up. Only bandwagoners get offended when bandwagon fans come up.

You live in the DMV yet rep the Dallas Cowboys, that makes no sense. I live on the Southside of Chicago, am a loyal Southsider to the point that in Chicago's two team sport (baseball), I wont even root for the other Chicago team (i.e. the Cubs) because they're not from the Southside. If I live in Chicago and wont even root for the Chicago Cubs over the Sox because Im a Southsider, then what's the excuse for you to root for a team in a completely different town?
 6 years ago '07        #111
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
$55,459 | Props total: 43424 43424
 Pyro911 said:
Abso-fu*king-lutely. Im from Sacramento, obviously all we have is a basketball team, but that didnt mean i just picked random teams in the other sports. I picked the teams in my general area. The city attached to the team means something to me. I dont want my team to win and then fly back "home" to other side of the country. I want to be part of that homecrowd. All these fu*kin Bulls/Cowboys/Yankees fans thousands of miles away can eat a d!ck. Now if ur state has no team at all, or the closest team isnt relevant to you at all (such as San Diego to me for example), go ahead and choose whatever team you like.
 6 years ago '04        #112
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
Its one thing to not "root" for your hometown team, but to be a hometeam hater is just disgusting! And I think you may be on the hater side my friend...

With that being said its different in different sports for me.

In football its more team oriented to me so therefore I rolls with the Lions, I also enjoy the Steelers as being the model imo im a semi fan I guess.

In basketball its more player oriented so when Brandon Roy got drafted by the Blazers I became a Blazers fan because I follow the players in hoops more then the teams. Same thing with the Clippers when they drafted Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin. But I will always support the Pistons even though I do like teams better and always have.

Hockey and Baseball its easy to be a Detroit fan

So be a fan of whoever you like but dont be a hometown hater homie.
 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM         #113
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm a hometown team hater and couldn't care less what people think. I have always, and will always, pull for the same teams for the rest of my days, the same teams I have pulled for all of my 40+ years.
 01-15-2012, 10:42 AM         #114
Kushton Slater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It all depends, I was born in Chicago, but I grew up mainly in Mobile, Alabama, (where there are no professional sports teams outside of minor league baseball and stuff). Because of this, I repped the Bears and I repped the Saints, (most people from Mobile are either die hard Saints fans or Falcons fans, with a few scragglers here and there for other teams) Bears 1st then Saints 2nd.
 6 years ago '04        #115
space
space
Another thing about just choosing a random team like the Pats and your from Detroit, I will never be able to truly take you serious when discussing matters involving the Pats and neither should (Boston/NE)Pats fans but that's the risk you take when you just pick a team to root for.
 6 years ago '04        #116
space
space
 canesin2099 said:
I'm a hometown team hater and couldn't care less what people think. I have always, and will always, pull for the same teams for the rest of my days, the same teams I have pulled for all of my 40+ years.
a 40+ year old admitted hater on boxden....

.... Ahhh fu*k a smiley or GIF. You ain't sh*t bruh
 6 years ago '05        #117
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Its sickening but a person is gonna root for who they wanna root for
Badwagoning is like racism it will never stop
 6 years ago '07        #118
Mr.NYCinNC 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,902 | Props total: 2280 2280
I think you should root for your hometeam

Main reason being all the Yankee Fans i see that aint never step a foot in the city of New York. Then you got Cowboy, Lakers, Yankees Fans (their the worst), the new york fans who like our football and baseball teams but like the Lakers I always loved watching kobe play but i stayed loyal to them Knicks since day 1. I also feel bad for all the real miami heat fans cause they have to deal with the bron jumpers and random people who will like the steelers pirates, and penguins but like the heat
 6 years ago '11        #119
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Veno da Don said:
Another thing about just choosing a random team like the Pats and your from Detroit, I will never be able to truly take you serious when discussing matters involving the Pats and neither should (Boston/NE)Pats fans but that's the risk you take when you just pick a team to root for.
Brady played at Michigan it was the first football game I ever seen I can keep going but your opinion don't matter
 6 years ago '11        #120
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Veno da Don said:
Its one thing to not "root" for your hometown team, but to be a hometeam hater is just disgusting! And I think you may be on the hater side my friend...

With that being said its different in different sports for me.

In football its more team oriented to me so therefore I rolls with the Lions, I also enjoy the Steelers as being the model imo im a semi fan I guess.

In basketball its more player oriented so when Brandon Roy got drafted by the Blazers I became a Blazers fan because I follow the players in hoops more then the teams. Same thing with the Clippers when they drafted Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin. But I will always support the Pistons even though I do like teams better and always have.

Hockey and Baseball its easy to be a Detroit fan

So be a fan of whoever you like but dont be a hometown hater homie.

I could careless about Detroit teams i wish them well unless they playing my team
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
35 comments
2 days ago