Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
you can root for whomever you want, just don't flip flop when they're down
 6 years ago '08        #62
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,726 | Props total: 11618 11618
Yes

Deal with it
 6 years ago '11        #63
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Lmao at n*ggas saying yeah you should because of the economy the sh*t is stupid why do something if you don't like it

I should force my self to watch games I don't wanna see?
 6 years ago '08        #64
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Sport teams should be inherited not chosen. My favorite teams are the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, and Chicago Blackhawks. I inherited all my teams from my male relatives and that's how it should be. There's nothing lamer than a little kid chosing a team on the other side of the country when he's 9 years old, growing up as a fan of that team, and then pretending that doesnt make him a bandwagoner.

YES, even children can be bandwagoner so that whole, "I dont root for my hometown because Ive liked another out of state team since I was a kid" excuse is bullsh*t. And that's why you dont allow little a.ss kids to pick teams, males in your family should groomed you to rep your city and not be a ring chaser.
 6 years ago '04        #65
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 Chief Dee said:
Sport teams should be inherited not chosen. My favorite teams are the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, and Chicago Blackhawks. I inherited all my teams from my male relatives and that's how it should be. There's nothing lamer than a little kid chosing a team on the other side of the country when he's 9 years old, growing up as a fan of that team, and then pretending that doesnt make him a bandwagoner.

YES, even children can be bandwagoner so that whole, "I dont root for my hometown because Ive liked another out of state team since I was a kid" excuse is bullsh*t. And that's why you dont allow little a.ss kids to pick teams, males in your family should groomed you to rep your city and not be a ring chaser.
fu*king preach...
 6 years ago '11        #66
space
space
space
 Chief Dee said:

And if you don't have a father or brothers then what?
 6 years ago '04        #67
Hustler_101 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,687 | Props total: 311 311
So by definition who should I root for in the NBA? I'm from San Diego, born and raised, did my undergrad at San Diego State before doing my masters at USC. I Know the Clippers and Rockets used to be here but I was too young for that. I care far more for SDSU basketball than USC. Since SDSU doesn't produce any NBA players until recently (2 now, Leonard and Thomas) who both happen to be on the Spurs I've found myself following them this year.

I know people say Lakers are the closest but I've been raised to hate everything LA, just in my blood. I always believe Schools are different though from Pro Sports.

I rep

Padres, Chargers, Aztecs and Trojans but been following the Spurs the most recently (2 SDSU players)
 6 years ago '08        #68
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 Kingpin 313 said:
Lmao at n*ggas saying yeah you should because of the economy the sh*t is stupid why do something if you don't like it

I should force my self to watch games I don't wanna see?
It's about being loyal to your city and your hometown though. If you rep your city in all things else then why would sports be different? I always rep my local squads, even to the extent that I grew up a Chicago White Sox and not a Cub fan because the Cubs were from a different part of the city and Im from where the Sox are from. So even in my own city where I had the choice between two baseball teams, I stuck with my local team and not the one across town. Which is why I dont understand the excuses from people who root for teams from a completely different city.
 6 years ago '04        #69
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,973 | Props total: 4302 4302
 Chief Dee said:

I saw my dad like ten times a year growing up and he was a Dolphins fan so fu*k that. My elementary school gym teacher made me a Niners fan.
 6 years ago '05        #70
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,615 | Props total: 1687 1687
 Nu Tymez said:
You can root for any team you want... But it does p!ss me off when people who were born and raised here in Chicago intentionally root against the Bulls and Bears... That sh*t is lame is hell and I don't get it

This is what i never understood, why would someone just hate on the cities sports teams when they were born and raised in that city? You dont have to be a fan, but why hate on them?
I see it A LOT in san diego against the chargers and i just dont understand it

And for me, the only team im a fan of that ISNT from san diego is the orlando magic, and thats only because we dont have an NBA team, and when i started watching BBall (very early 90s), the magic were always on tv and so i guess i was a bandwagon fan, but can say ive been a magic fan for 20 years now, so not really a bandwagon fan anymore

Last edited by FalconBuddha; 01-14-2012 at 12:17 PM..
 01-14-2012, 12:17 PM         #71
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes you should root for your home team, its not that big of a deal if your a fan of another player.. But to root for another team because you like a player does make you a bandwagon...

For example, in the Early 90s everybody in my house except me and my father were Bulls fans, i was always a Knicks fan and Penny Hardaway was my favorite player..

When Jordan was playing they all claimed they were fans of the team not just Jordan, well when Jordan retired they stopped watching Ball altogether and recently sincr 06 became Celtic fans hmmm...

Now look at the teams they support Yankees (wonder why), and the Celtics..

I dont know but being a front runner is a lame trait...

Like this one dude at my job is a Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees fan.. What kind of bird sh*t is that..
 6 years ago '10        #72
murd410 31 heat pts31
space
space
$3,944 | Props total: 349 349
 -BigC- said:
Picking the team closest to you is means your a bandwagon fan? Really? Its the only team you will have any sort of connection with. They represent your city.

Nobody is going to make you. If you want be a Laker/Yankee/Steeler fan it doesn't matter. Just don't gloat and nobody really cares. When your teams win you shouldn't celebrate the way the real fans do because you didn't sit through the hard times the way they did.
 6 years ago '05        #73
space
space
 Hustler_101 said:
I know people say Lakers are the closest but I've been raised to hate everything LA, just in my blood.

[pic - click to view]

fu*k LA!!
 6 years ago '04        #74
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,852 | Props total: 8173 8173
 Nu Tymez said:
fu*king preach...
I mean maybe, but, my grandfather (the only real sports fan in my family, when I was growing up) Like the Skins, UNC (football & basketball), and The Braves, and didn't have a team in the NBA. I see your point, but, I never could like the Skins. Dudes, just couldn't be my team. So, I waited and luckily I got a team in the Carolina's for football.
 6 years ago '08        #75
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
Lot of n*ggaz with those multi city, multi state sigs ducking this thread
 6 years ago '11        #76
space
space
space
I love when people say I only like the patriots because they win but when i say they haven't won a Superbowl since 04 don't you think I would have jumped off 3 years ago if I was a bandwagon fan they shut up
Quick
 6 years ago '05        #77
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
I love when people say I only like the patriots because they win but they haven't won a Superbowl since 04 don't you think I would have jumped off 3 years ago if I was a bandwagon fan
04?? Lmao, like thats a long time ago??
 6 years ago '04        #78
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 FalconBuddha said:

This is what i never understood, why would someone just hate on the cities sports teams when they were born and raised in that city? You dont have to be a fan, but why hate on them?
I see it A LOT in san diego against the chargers and i just dont understand it

And for me, the only team im a fan of that ISNT from san diego is the orlando magic, and thats only because we dont have an NBA team, and when i started watching BBall (very early 90s), the magic were always on tv and so i guess i was a bandwagon fan, but can say ive been a magic fan for 20 years now, so not really a bandwagon fan anymore
Thats not really Bandwagoning.. You did pick a team across the country to follow, but you've stuck with that team for 20 years.. Even when they've had sucky years.. So you are a true fan, salute
 6 years ago '08        #79
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 FalconBuddha said:
That dumbass just exposing himself with every post.

You're the epitome of a bandwagon fan f*ggot a.ss threadstarter.
 6 years ago '11        #80
space
space
space
 FalconBuddha said:
you missed the point who would root for a team that has lost for 7 years straight if they wasn't a real fan
?

You must have just started watching sports watching your team lose for almost a decade is a long time
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago