Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
407 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I don't think it should matter because people have various reasons for who they like. Your dad or older brother may have been a fan because that's there hometown team, you may just like a specific player. I live in Pittsburgh, and I have been most of my life, but I was born in Los Angeles and all of the men in my family are Laker fans and Steeler fans. I'm an Arizona Wildcats fan because my brother played football there, other than that I try to support all of the local teams save for the steelers?
 6 years ago '04        #42
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,864 | Props total: 8192 8192
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I don't think it should matter because people have various reasons for who they like. Your dad or older brother may have been a fan because that's there hometown team, you may just like a specific player. I live in Pittsburgh, and I have been most of my life, but I was born in Los Angeles and all of the men in my family are Laker fans and Steeler fans. I'm an Arizona Wildcats fan because my brother played football there, other than that I try to support all of the local teams save for the steelers?
Coming from a guy that likes the Lakers and Cowboys. This makes perfect sense.
 6 years ago '04        #43
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 ghettofied said:
The thing is, I haven't pulled for the Bulls or I could care less about the Bulls right now! How is that bandwagon? The Bulls are good, and I still don't give a fu*k about them. I watched the Wizards and wanted MJ to do well, but after he left I could've cared less about them. They were damn good as well for a while. With Jamison, Arenas (before injuries), Caron Butler, etc. But, I didn't give a fu*k about them. How is that bandwagoning?
Dude, its bandwagoning because you're jumping from team to team.. A fan sticks with one team and roots for them only.. I know what you're saying, you support because they from your hometown, thats fine.. you can support and follow a team, but it becomes bandwagoning when you switch that to your fav team..
 6 years ago '08        #44
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
I dont really care if people pull for different teams but atleast make who you pull for make sense regionally.

Lakers
Steelers
Red Sox
Dodgers

6 years ago '06        #45
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
 ghettofied said:
LOL, you are a bandwagon fan. Just to think, I respected you for being an MJ fan and disliking Kobe. Then your dumb a.ss come in here (as a bandwagon fan). Making excuses for sh*t.
I'm a bandwagon fan? I've repped the same teams since I was a youngin...you've switched 3 bball teams (that's just what you're telling us) we haven't even got into other sports
 6 years ago '10        #46
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 philly337 said:

Please tell me you're trolling
how can you hop on a bandwagon when the team sucks. there is no bandwagon cuz no one is willing to make one cuz no one gives a sh*t about a sucky team
 6 years ago '04        #47
space
space
 Nu Tymez said:
Dude, its bandwagoning because you're jumping from team to team.. A fan sticks with one team and roots for them only.. I know what you're saying, you support because they from your hometown, thats fine.. you can support and follow a team, but it becomes bandwagoning when you switch that to your fav team..
What if you never had a favorite team? Just watched for one player. Because he was raised in your hometown?
 6 years ago '06        #48
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
 Nu Tymez said:
Exactly...

Dudes taking it to heart..its no disrespect its just that it is what it is...
 6 years ago '04        #49
space
space
 philly337 said:
I'm a bandwagon fan? I've repped the same teams since I was a youngin...you've switched 3 bball teams (that's just what you're telling us) we haven't even got into other sports
Followed one player, never a team. Like most Kobe fans do now, anyways. Except my reason actually makes sense.
 6 years ago '04        #50
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,980 | Props total: 4324 4324
I'm from Portland and we don't have a baseball or football team so a lot of people just root for whatever team. I have a lot of people tell me I'm bandwagon because I root for the Niners and the Giants when the closest teams are the Seahawks and Mariners. I don't give a sh*t though. At least I picked my teams in the same region where I want to move to. Not like I picked the Yankees for baseball while rooting for the Niners

Edit: Oh, and no one called me bandwagon when the Niners were losing all those years, but now that they are winning it's starting again
 6 years ago '04        #51
space
space
 ghettofied said:
Coming from a guy that likes the Lakers and Cowboys. This makes perfect sense.
What Pittsburgh NBA squad should I root for being from LA? I'll wait.
 6 years ago '04        #52
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
What Pittsburgh NBA squad should I root for being from LA? I'll wait.
I would say the 76ers since their from PA. But, whatever. That's me. It makes sense if you follow Kobe cause hes from PA as well.
 6 years ago '04        #53
space
space
 ghettofied said:
I would say the 76ers since their from PA. But, whatever. That's me. It makes sense if you follow Kobe cause hes from PA as well.
I'Ve been a fan since the tail end of the Magic years, I really started watching during the Van Excel Eddie Jones years. I don't agree, but I can respect the opinion.
 6 years ago '11        #54
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 412 412
I'm a fan of all maryland college sports teams, the Ravens, and I support the Orioles, but I don't really watch baseball that much. Maryland doesn't have a basketball team and I don't support any dc teams so I never liked the wizards so for basketball I just chose the lakers in the 90's and decided to always be a fan of that team.
 6 years ago '04        #55
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 WalterWhite said:
If your teams aren't from the same state I don't respect you. The same 2 states I can kind of let slide because there is probably a reason. Older heads have excuses for that but no excuses for these kids now of days. They have a professional team for every sport close and on tv every week.

3 different states I don't even want to hear that sh*t, ol pick and choose a.ss n*ggas.
Like I said above, Oregon only has NBA and MLS, so I don't have a choice. All my teams are from the same two cities though.
 6 years ago '04        #56
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
I root for my hometown teams.. in Cleveland, Ohio... I can't stand all the Pittsburgh Steelers fans in Ohio... Especially when they all love the Ohio State Buckeyes.. It's mainly women who can't root for a non-winner like the Cleveland Browns... So they jump on the team that's winning the most during that time period... I can't really take them seriously, as real fans... I think you should support your in state teams... I mean take pride in it... It's your state, whether you like it there or not! And if you don't like it get the fu*k out.. haha

I rooted for Michael Jordan in the Bulls back in the 90's, it was because I was 12 years old and admired Jordan... Not because I loved the Chicago Bulls... I was just starting basketball, and he was my player in the decade like most!
 6 years ago '04        #57
space
space
 WalterWhite said:
If your teams aren't from the same state I don't respect you. The same 2 states I can kind of let slide because there is probably a reason. Older heads have excuses for that but no excuses for these kids now of days. They have a professional team for every sport close and on tv every week.

3 different states I don't even want to hear that sh*t, ol pick and choose a.ss n*ggas.
It's really not that serious. I am an older head, but I just can't root for the Steelers. I don't hate them or anything, I'm just not a fan.
 6 years ago '04        #58
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 WalterWhite said:
Oregon is close enough to San Fran and given the teams you have, I don't think anybody is questioning you fam. But some of these other cats
yeah, nobody on here does, but some f*ggot Seahawk fans I know in real life
 6 years ago '05        #59
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
Sometimes n*ggas were born somewhere else and have rooted on that team for years and then had to move. they are still gonna rep that team.

the n*ggas that p!ss me off are the ones that rep 5 different teams from 5 different areas... typically those 5 different teams have a successful background....
 6 years ago '07        #60
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,832 | Props total: 1998 1998
nothing or no one can tell you who to root for
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy