Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

most viewed right now
 77
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 64
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 55
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 54
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 ghettofied said:
^^^No, no, no, no, no. SMH, I pulled for MJ because he was raised in my HOMETOWN in Wilmington, NC. WTF is wrong with you? He went to the University I love (UNC) raised in my state (NC) and that's bandwagon? Wow! That's like saying a person in PA can't like the Lakers because Kobe is from PA. Bulls weren't my team, MJ was my team. WTF?
i see your logic, but in terms of the teams you used, philly fans should hate the lakers...that sh*t is in our blood
 01-14-2012, 10:41 AM         #22
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
But see that is what a bandwagon fan truly is...when ur team is doing bad you switch to a top team. If you've liked a team you're whole life and repped through good an bad and stuck with them from the beginning I don't set how you can be considered a bandwagon fan
It doesn't matter if you jumped on the bandwagon to start that's what you are. Unless there was some reason that you became a Yankee fan and live on the other side of the country.

sh*t isn't hard sitting through the tough times as a Laker fan. We win at least once a decade and normally more . But us Laker fans from LA are also mostly Dodger fans so we have to sit through that sh*t every motherfu*king year
 6 years ago '04        #23
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
avatar space
space
$21,874 | Props total: 8205 8205
 StateProperty88 said:
i see your logic, but in terms of the teams you used, philly fans should hate the lakers...that sh*t is in our blood
I get what you're saying. Its funny a PA boy, beat his hometown team back in the day, for the title too. Just SMH at that period.
 6 years ago '06        #24
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$28,985 | Props total: 10649 10649
 ghettofied said:
^^^No, no, no, no, no. SMH, I pulled for MJ because he was raised in my HOMETOWN in Wilmington, NC. WTF is wrong with you? He went to the University I love (UNC) raised in my state (NC) and that's bandwagon? Wow! That's like saying a person in PA can't like the Lakers because Kobe is from PA. Bulls weren't my team, MJ was my team. WTF?
Is this dude serious?



So a Cleveland fan wouldn't be a bandwagoner if they switch to Miami cause LeBron is from Ohio

So if you been reppin the bulls your whole life and you switch to a heat fan because dwade is from there isn't a bandwagon fan

Son that is definition lol
 6 years ago '04        #25
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 ghettofied said:
^^^No, no, no, no, no. SMH, I pulled for MJ because he was raised in my HOMETOWN in Wilmington, NC. WTF is wrong with you? He went to the University I love (UNC) raised in my state (NC) and that's bandwagon? Wow! That's like saying a person in PA can't like the Lakers because Kobe is from PA. Bulls weren't my team, MJ was my team. WTF?
Dude, thats kinda bandwagoning... You were only a fan of MJ.. not the team, so you would have been a fan of any team MJ was on.. if we traded MJ back in the day you would have switched allegiances.. Were you a Wizards fan when he played for them? I just feel like if you were a sports fan growing up, you need to pick one team and stick with them FOR LIFE.. thats dedication to your team. You can think players on different teams are great players, but it becomes bandwagoning when you start to make those your fav teams when they start winning when you had no prior allegiance to them..
 6 years ago '10        #26
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 philly337 said:
Is this dude serious?



So a Cleveland fan wouldn't be a bandwagoner if they switch to Miami cause LeBron is from Ohio

So if you been reppin the bulls your whole life and you switch to a heat fan because dwade is from there isn't a bandwagon fan

Son that is definition lol
no a bandwagoner is someone who switches to a team just because they are good. if your a dwane wade fan and root for the heat your not a bandwagoner unless dwane wade gets traded to the pacers or some sh*t and you stop cheering for the pacers. if your from new york and have no connections to minnesota but like the vikings your not a bandwagoner cuz the vikings have always sucked
 6 years ago '06        #27
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$28,985 | Props total: 10649 10649
 ghettofied said:
Same reason I'm pulling for TJ Yates this weekend. Hes the first Tarheel QB to start an NFL game. I'm not suppose to root for his team and support my Universities first QB to start? You're not making any sense, sir.
There is a difference in pulling for a player or having a favorite player and switching the teams you rep every time a good player comes out your hometown and your team is sucking. What you going to do if somebody good comes out of Carolina and bobcats suck you going to switch favorite teams again? Son that is what a bandwagon fan is

What if nuggets turn into a dynasty they going to be your new favorite team because ty Lawson played for unc


Last edited by philly337; 01-14-2012 at 10:52 AM..
 01-14-2012, 10:51 AM         #28
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Being a fan of a player and following that team is a bandwagon fan. You are picking the best players in the league so of course those teams will pretty much always be competitive.


You aren't following no fu*king David Lee type of a player. Your following a top 5 player who will generally put his team in contention or force eventually force a situation where he ends up on a contending team.
 6 years ago '10        #29
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 -BigC- said:
Being a fan of a player and following that team is a bandwagon fan. You are picking the best players in the league so of course those teams will pretty much always be competitive.


You aren't following no fu*king David Lee type of a player. Your following a top 5 player who will generally put his team in contention or force eventually force a situation where he ends up on a contending team.
so aaron rodgers parents are bandwagon fans cuz the only reason they cheer for the packers is cuz aarons on the team? even though when they really started cheering for the packers it was probably the year he started when the team went 6-10?

what about steven jacksons parents who root for the rams even though they havent gotten much better then 8-8 in the last like 7 years?

i dont see how anyone could possibly say that they are bandwagoners
 6 years ago '06        #30
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$28,985 | Props total: 10649 10649
 G Code said:
so aaron rodgers parents are bandwagon fans cuz the only reason they cheer for the packers is cuz aarons on the team? even though when they really started cheering for the packers it was probably the year he started when the team went 6-10?

what about steven jacksons parents who root for the rams even though they havent gotten much better then 8-8 in the last like 7 years?

i dont see how anyone could possibly say that they are bandwagoners


Please tell me you're trolling
 6 years ago '04        #31
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
D Wade is from the Chicago area and pretty much grew up like 7 miles from me.. But fu*k him, he plays for the Heat.. I think he is a beast as a player but that doesn't mean he gets my support because we are from the same place.. If he played for the Bulls, that would be a different story.. I support D Rose, because he plays for the Bulls and he is from Chicago.. But if he leaves or gets traded, then its fu*k him
 01-14-2012, 10:58 AM         #32
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Are you really trying to bring up an exception like that? Bringing up wild sh*t like that shows your argument is weak as fu*k
 6 years ago '04        #33
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
avatar space
space
$21,874 | Props total: 8205 8205
 philly337 said:
Is this dude serious?



So a Cleveland fan wouldn't be a bandwagoner if they switch to Miami cause LeBron is from Ohio

So if you been reppin the bulls your whole life and you switch to a heat fan because dwade is from there isn't a bandwagon fan

Son that is definition lol
NEVER repped the Bulls, just watched MJ because he was raised in NC. Is this sh*t not getting through your thick skull? I watched him when he was with the Wizards too. I honestly don't care is Lawson balls out. I'll pay attention to them because they went to my University. But, that's about it. Hes a great player, but, that's as far as it goes with him. Plus, hes not from NC or even raised in NC.
 6 years ago '08        #34
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$32,813 | Props total: 12482 12482
Worst is them f*ggots repping lakers/yankees/patriots or cowboys/yankees/lakers

seems like the op is one of them bandwagoning f*ggots

Me personally, I'm from maryland, no team growing up...everybody was either a foreskin fan or a cowboy fan....i really loved watching that boy randall do his thing against both them homos and my love for the eagles was born....not really a big basketball fan but i do follow the wizards...and I'm a bron stan
 01-14-2012, 11:00 AM         #35
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nu Tymez said:
I know people who were strong Bulls supporters in the 90s when Jordan was here.. But when we started losing, those fake mofos jumped and never were Bulls fans again.. If you are a real fan then you ride with your team through good and bad times no matter who the players on the team are.. I hate that more than anything though, when people are fans of players on the team rather than the team itself.. Like one of my guys who was a Cleveland fan when LeBron was there, now he is a Heat fan.. sh*t is disgusting...
thisssss


its funny tho, speaking of this hometown shyt its funny how these ny n*ggaz was like fu*k the knicks and d!ckriding other teams before last season

but now cus they got stat and the f*ggot melo n*ggaz is hoppin on the bandwagon hard acting like thats ok just because its their hometown, fu*k outta here wit that shyt if it was like that u wouldve been supporting the knicks before stat & melo got there shyt pisses me off

mothafu*k the knicks and these fake a.ss knick fans
 01-14-2012, 11:01 AM         #36
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ghettofied said:
NEVER repped the Bulls, just watched MJ because he was raised in NC. Is this sh*t not getting through your thick skull? I watched him when he was with the Wizards too. I honestly don't care is Lawson balls out. I'll pay attention to them because they went to my University. But, that's about it. Hes a great player, but, that's as far as it goes with him. Plus, hes not from NC or even raised in NC.
Nothing wrong with supporting people that went to your college of choice. The majority of college fans do this . We don't change teams we just know who went to the school we support and follow them.
 6 years ago '04        #37
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
avatar space
space
$21,874 | Props total: 8205 8205
The thing is, I haven't pulled for the Bulls or I could care less about the Bulls right now! How is that bandwagon? The Bulls are good, and I still don't give a fu*k about them. I watched the Wizards and wanted MJ to do well, but after he left I could've cared less about them. They were damn good as well for a while. With Jamison, Arenas (before injuries), Caron Butler, etc. But, I didn't give a fu*k about them. How is that bandwagoning?
 6 years ago '06        #38
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$28,985 | Props total: 10649 10649
 ghettofied said:
NEVER repped the Bulls, just watched MJ because he was raised in NC. Is this sh*t not getting through your thick skull? I watched him when he was with the Wizards too. I honestly don't care is Lawson balls out. I'll pay attention to them because they went to my University. But, that's about it. Hes a great player, but, that's as far as it goes with him. Plus, hes not from NC or even raised in NC.
Bandwagon fan being mad
 6 years ago '06        #39
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$28,985 | Props total: 10649 10649
 ghettofied said:
The thing is, I haven't pulled for the Bulls or I could care less about the Bulls right now! How is that bandwagon? The Bulls are good, and I still don't give a fu*k about them. I watched the Wizards and wanted MJ to do well, but after he left I could've cared less about them. They were damn good as well for a while. With Jamison, Arenas (before injuries), Caron Butler, etc. But, I didn't give a fu*k about them. How is that bandwagoning?
 6 years ago '04        #40
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I don't think it should matter because people have various reasons for who they like. Your dad or older brother may have been a fan because that's there hometown team, you may just like a specific player. I live in Pittsburgh, and I have been most of my life, but I was born in Los Angeles and all of the men in my family are Laker fans and Steeler fans. I'm an Arizona Wildcats fan because my brother played football there, other than that I try to support all of the local teams save for the steelers?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 40
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 28
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy