Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
34 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
11448 pageviews
155 comments

Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?

I Always hated that sh*t if you don't root for your hometown team then you a bandwagon fan you should be able to root for whatever team when you first start watching sports aslong as you stay with them

I live in Detroit and never liked the teams even when the pistons beat the Lakers in the finals I was pissed because I was a laker fan

I think a bandwagon fan is somebody who likes whatever team is popular and good at the time or if there team starts sucking stop rooting for them

I know there's alot of people who don't root for there hometown team and alot that do on this site so what do you think?

155 comments for "Do You Think People Should Have To Root For Their Hometown Team?"

6 years ago '04        #2
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
You can root for any team you want... But it does p!ss me off when people who were born and raised here in Chicago intentionally root against the Bulls and Bears... That sh*t is lame is hell and I don't get it
 6 years ago '04        #3
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
If that hometown team is greatly effecting your towns/citys economy then yes you should support them.
For example the Green Bay Packers. A study in the late 1990s found that the Green Bay Packers generated $144 million in total annual spending in Brown County. A city where the largest employer is Walmart.

Last edited by Javon23; 01-14-2012 at 10:21 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #4
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Kingpin 313 said:
I Always hated that sh*t if you don't root for your hometown team then you a bandwagon fan you should be able to root for whatever team when you first start watching sports aslong as you stay with them

I live in Detroit and never liked the teams even when the pistons beat the Lakers in the finals I was pissed because I was a laker fan

I think a bandwagon fan is somebody who likes whatever team is popular and good at the time or if there team starts sucking stop rooting for them

I know there's alot of people who don't root for there hometown team and alot that do on this site so what do you think?
Your city "Detroit" needs all the support it can get. And one of the reasons why its down like it is because many locals don't support things going on in their own city.
If Detroit lost any of their professional teams it would damn near cripple the city even more.

Last edited by Javon23; 01-14-2012 at 11:12 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #5
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,890 | Props total: 8226 8226
^^^^I usually don't agree with Javon. But, yes, he is correct on this issue. Sir, the person that started the thread. You are a bandwagoner. I have a friend that just like you. His teams Steelers, Notre Dame (Football), UNC basketball, LA Lakers, and the Yankees. Born in PA, raised in NC. Is that a bandwagoner? You mother F uckin right it is.
 6 years ago '10        #6
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
what if they live in like cheyenne wyoming?

what if you live in milwaukee you gonna cheer for the bears or the packers?

i was born and raised in the green bay area but i hate the bucks (bulls fan) and dont really care for the brewers( i dont give a sh*t about baseball in general) and dont care for the badgers cuz alot of kids i know who go there are little pricks, so i root for marquette more

i never understood how anyone who lives in that city could dislike their own team though. i live in green bay so im obligated to like the packers but i dont think im obligated to like the bucks or the brewers

Last edited by G Code; 01-14-2012 at 10:29 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #7
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,004 | Props total: 10674 10674
Ths sh*t always annoyed me..if anything the bandwagon/followers are the hometown fans because they're just liking who their told at a young age (although I understand the supporting your state)

Me for instance..I live in md we didn't have a team..the closest to one is the redskins who I fu*king hate. Now we get the ravens end of the 90s I'm supposed to bandwagon jump to them?

Same sh*t with bball...no md team..closest was the bullets who I don't hate but not rocking with them

orioles in the other hands are my team in baseball so maybe I just need a team from md
 6 years ago '06        #8
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 ghettofied said:
^^^^I usually don't agree with Javon. But, yes, he is correct on this issue. Sir, the person that started the thread. You are a bandwagoner. I have a friend that just like you. His teams Steelers, Notre Dame (Football), UNC basketball, LA Lakers, and the Yankees. Born in PA, raised in NC. Is that a bandwagoner? You mother F uckin right it is.
Really ur the bandwagoner technically...I a.ssume you repped the hornets...what happen when the went to new orleans? That's technically your team you grew up rooting for and then the bobcats come out and you jump ship to them
 01-14-2012, 10:29 AM         #9
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Picking the team closest to you is means your a bandwagon fan? Really? Its the only team you will have any sort of connection with. They represent your city.

Nobody is going to make you. If you want be a Laker/Yankee/Steeler fan it doesn't matter. Just don't gloat and nobody really cares. When your teams win you shouldn't celebrate the way the real fans do because you didn't sit through the hard times the way they did.
 6 years ago '04        #10
space
space
I didn't rep the Hornets. So, WRONG! I rooted for MJ and the Bulls, cause MJ was raised in Wilmington where I'm from. After he left? I said fu*k it, I didn't pull for nobody. Now, after he put his stake into the Bobs? I said, yes, I will pull for the Bobcats.
 6 years ago '07        #11
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,527 | Props total: 43701 43701
always support your local teams period. you can be a fan of the cowboys living in dc but don't be an avid redskins hater too. nothing pisses me off more.
 6 years ago '06        #12
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Picking the team closest to you is means your a bandwagon fan? Really? Its the only team you will have any sort of connection with. They represent your city.

Nobody is going to make you. If you want be a Laker/Yankee/Steeler fan it doesn't matter. Just don't gloat and nobody really cares. When your teams win you shouldn't celebrate the way the real fans do because you didn't sit through the hard times the way they did.
But see that is what a bandwagon fan truly is...when ur team is doing bad you switch to a top team. If you've liked a team you're whole life and repped through good an bad and stuck with them from the beginning I don't set how you can be considered a bandwagon fan
 6 years ago '04        #13
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I know people who were strong Bulls supporters in the 90s when Jordan was here.. But when we started losing, those fake mofos jumped and never were Bulls fans again.. If you are a real fan then you ride with your team through good and bad times no matter who the players on the team are.. I hate that more than anything though, when people are fans of players on the team rather than the team itself.. Like one of my guys who was a Cleveland fan when LeBron was there, now he is a Heat fan.. sh*t is disgusting...
 6 years ago '04        #14
space
space
Philly dude, just stop dude. I'm sorry, I've heard this logic from my boy for over 2 years now. sh*t still doesn't make sense to me.
 6 years ago '05        #15
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25137 25137
Everybody Got Different Meanings of A "Bandwagon Fan". Just Be A Fan of Whatever Team You Like and Stick With Them.
 6 years ago '06        #16
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 ghettofied said:
I didn't rep the Hornets. So, WRONG! I rooted for MJ and the Bulls, cause MJ was raised in Wilmington where I'm from. After he left? I said fu*k it, I didn't pull for nobody. Now, after he put his stake into the Bobs? I said, yes, I will pull for the Bobcats.

You just defined ever version of a bandwagon fan

My definition is you jump ship when your team is going bad which you did with the bulls

Your definition is not repping your home team which you did with the bulls when you had the hornets

fu*k is going on here
 6 years ago '05        #17
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
yeah i do think you should root for your hometown team
 6 years ago '06        #18
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Nu Tymez said:
I know people who were strong Bulls supporters in the 90s when Jordan was here.. But when we started losing, those fake mofos jumped and never were Bulls fans again.. If you are a real fan then you ride with your team through good and bad times no matter who the players on the team are.. I hate that more than anything though, when people are fans of players on the team rather than the team itself.. Like one of my guys who was a Cleveland fan when LeBron was there, now he is a Heat fan.. sh*t is disgusting...
This is a bandwagon fan
 6 years ago '04        #19
space
space
^^^No, no, no, no, no. SMH, I pulled for MJ because he was raised in my HOMETOWN in Wilmington, NC. WTF is wrong with you? He went to the University I love (UNC) raised in my state (NC) and that's bandwagon? Wow! That's like saying a person in PA can't like the Lakers because Kobe is from PA. Bulls weren't my team, MJ was my team. WTF?
 6 years ago '04        #20
space
space
Same reason I'm pulling for TJ Yates this weekend. Hes the first Tarheel QB to start an NFL game. I'm not suppose to root for his team and support my Universities first QB to start? You're not making any sense, sir.
Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
166 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
164 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy