Common Speaks On Dissing Drake On ‘Stay Schemin (Remix)’

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
65 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 13304 13304
aint this the same n*gga erykah badu had wearing woodstock hippie clothes? this n*ggas calling n*ggas sweet? when i think hardcore hip hop people like dmx mop and uncle murda come to mind. let n*ggas like that call people sweet. n*gga lying his a.ss off tryna say the sh*t aint about serena gtfoh so does that mean drake started it? i don't think common can win this battle and my reason for believing this has nothing to do with which mc is more skilled. he can't win because n*ggas aint gonna respect the ho a.ssed reasons he's giving for starting this sh*t
 6 years ago '08        #42
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,937 | Props total: 7337 7337
 YoungFly said:
im sick of this beef. lets talk more about rozay sh*ttin on jeezy. didnt even give jeezy album time to breath. gave us that rich forever and we forgot all about jeezy.
Yeah lets talk about Jeezy selling more first week with TM103 than any Ross album despite it being pushed back.
 6 years ago '09        #43
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7950 7950
 Marvin Hagler said:
a pimp hella familiar wit da battle and even how it started at Marley crib. point wuz ole boy said Rakim approves this thread & a pimp pointed out that he never called names on any diss track. strictly sublims. fact.
i dont see how ANYONE can disagree with this dude........what he sated is FACT...its HISTORY........take it or leave it but its TRUE

and common sick of singing and soft music..is this the same common??

[video - click to view]

serena must have some powerful pus*y
 6 years ago '09        #44
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 KRCROOKSNY said:
he is......the more common do interviews and say "this aint about derena dumping me" the more people are like "this n*gga mad about serena"

when you think of soft sweet rap music...common is on top of that list

when you think hardcore music...the dmx's, the onyx's...the mop's......common dont even come close to making the cut

its sad that common's stans try to make it seem like some of common' best albums like Be or finding forever aint filled with "sweet: simp music

at the end of the day, drake is a soft n*gga.......common is a soft n*gga......can common rap...hell yeah...but is he "sweet" no question about that...hell yeah he is
 6 years ago '09        #45
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 YoungFly said:
im sick of this beef. lets talk more about rozay sh*ttin on jeezy. didnt even give jeezy album time to breath. gave us that rich forever and we forgot all about jeezy.
fukik you talkin bout that ross mixtaope was straight garbage, i would love to hear a no-ross version of the mixtape, dope beats...cool features but ross was weak on that entire tape

jeezy album>>>>>>>>>ross mixtape
 6 years ago '10        #46
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
 Jacc Blacc said:
he is......the more common do interviews and say "this aint about derena dumping me" the more people are like "this n*gga mad about serena"

when you think of soft sweet rap music...common is on top of that list

when you think hardcore music...the dmx's, the onyx's...the mop's......common dont even come close to making the cut

its sad that common's stans try to make it seem like some of common' best albums like Be or finding forever aint filled with "sweet: simp music

at the end of the day, drake is a soft n*gga.......common is a soft n*gga......can common rap...hell yeah...but is he "sweet" no question about that...hell yeah he is
Most of Common's sh*t isn't about women, but the songs that are about women aren't about having his feelings hurt. There's no drunk dialing talking 'bout " fu*k that n*gga.. " Common's stuff is a lot more mature. Retrospect For Life is about the abortion of his child. The Light is about the union of he and his lady. Faithful is about God and infidelity. A lot of Drake's sh*t is him whining and complaining about falling for the wrong chicks, fame, and Moscato.

How is Be filled with simp music? The only songs that are remotely soft are Go! and Faithful.
 6 years ago '07        #47
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Jacc Blacc said:
i dont see how ANYONE can disagree with this dude........what he sated is FACT...its HISTORY........take it or leave it but its TRUE

this is why common lost...because his reason for sweet is bullsh*t and he caught feelings
 6 years ago '08        #48
illwill23 
space
space
$109 | Props total: 4 4
 Jacc Blacc said:

i like this type of hip hop, that was sweet!!! i can play that for my momma, sister, wife, daughter, etc. Aint nothing wrong with this. These rappers do need to stop with all that singing sh*t though and singers need to stop trying to rap. Stop being cheap and get a feature on the track.
 6 years ago '09        #49
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
Most of Common's sh*t isn't about women, but the songs that are about women aren't about having his feelings hurt. There's no drunk dialing talking 'bout " fu*k that n*gga.. " Common's stuff is a lot more mature.
at the end of the day its simp music....call it mature if you want but it still is simp music, point blank

cant say fukk "sweet" rappers when you are a "sweet" rapper

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

come on..if this aint the epiotme of soft music i dont know what is.....i actually LIKE common's music and i dont mind the soft sh*t but lets call a spade a spade

drake= soft

common= soft
 6 years ago '09        #50
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 illwill23 said:
i like this type of hip hop, that was sweet!!! i can play that for my momma, sister, wife, daughter, etc. Aint nothing wrong with this.
you hit the nail on the head....i can play Common's music around my mom, she doesnt mind it, she sees him as a "good" rapper because he's not cussing and a "hoodlum"

he makes music that your mother can listen to while cleaning the house which i dont mind, i am nort opposed to that, i personally dont like to hear street sh*t 24/7...sometimes i want to listen to the drake's and the common's because they make soothing music

my problem is common is a hypocrite on 2 levels......

1. he makes "sweet" music

2. he started a beef on some simp sh*t

thats like 50 cent saying "im sick of all these gangster rappers talkin bout guns", its hypocicy at its finest

and if common hates that rappers sings does he mind it when mos def sings???? or when q-tip sings or even when nas sings???? or just when drake (who is a rapper/rnb act) sings???
 6 years ago '10        #51
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
at the end of the day its simp music....call it mature if you want but it still is simp music, point blank

cant say fukk "sweet" rappers when you are a "sweet" rapper

come on..if this aint the epiotme of soft music i dont know what is.....i actually LIKE common's music and i dont mind the soft sh*t but lets call a spade a spade

drake= soft

common= soft
So Far To Go is a toss up. But Breakin' My Heart? Nah. That sh*t is about the chick catching feelings. I don't see what's " simpish " about that.

There's a difference between expressing how you feel and coming off like a bi*ch. Drake usually falls in the latter. There's nothing wrong with loving someone and expressing it. That's not simpin'. Throwing salt on other n*ggas to a female is simp sh*t. If I call a chick I'm not trying to speak about the n*gga she's with, likes, or loves... not happening. Drake be sounding desperate and creepy with some of the sh*t he be saying.

I'm not saying Common is a hardcore rapper, but those are just a few songs out of 9 albums compared to damn near everything Drake's dropped with (probably) the exception of Comeback Season. Drake's albums sound like some Sade sh*t with rapping thrown in. n*ggas bring up the same handful of Common songs that were directed at females (Come Close, The Light, etc.) and that's it, but with Drake n*ggas would be here forever naming songs. I'm not saying Drake is wack, but him and Common aren't in the same boat.
 6 years ago '09        #52
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
Drake's albums sound like some Sade sh*t with rapping thrown in..
that IS what drake music is but thats his thing

thats the niche he made for himself..he raps...and he sings sh*t he been rapping and singing since Room for Improvement its nothing new

i like drake music...i love commons music....but im not gonna act like both of these dudes arent soft

thats like someone complaining The weeknd only raps about drugs and hoes......thats what he does lol
 6 years ago '10        #53
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
Common never sang on a song so all this BS ya talkin is irrelevant...

At the end of the day Common is still spittin at least
 6 years ago '04        #54
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 Ant McQueen said:
So Far To Go is a toss up. But Breakin' My Heart? Nah. That sh*t is about the chick catching feelings. I don't see what's " simpish " about that.

There's a difference between expressing how you feel and coming off like a bi*ch. Drake usually falls in the latter. There's nothing wrong with loving someone and expressing it. That's not simpin'. Throwing salt on other n*ggas to a female is simp sh*t. If I call a chick I'm not trying to speak about the n*gga she's with, likes, or loves... not happening. Drake be sounding desperate and creepy with some of the sh*t he be saying.

I'm not saying Common is a hardcore rapper, but those are just a few songs out of 9 albums compared to damn near everything Drake's dropped with (probably) the exception of Comeback Season. Drake's albums sound like some Sade sh*t with rapping thrown in. n*ggas bring up the same handful of Common songs that were directed at females (Come Close, The Light, etc.) and that's it, but with Drake n*ggas would be here forever naming songs. I'm not saying Drake is wack, but him and Common aren't in the same boat.
HAHA. Exactly. The thing is, these dudes already know this. If you can't see the difference between a song like Come Close and the umpteen songs by Drake whining and sh*t then I dunno. Seems like these Drake fans, even knowing this, try their damndest to make some kind of point, no matter how blatantly ignorant, just to defend him. It's fu*king weird.
 6 years ago '10        #55
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
that IS what drake music is but thats his thing

thats the niche he made for himself..he raps...and he sings sh*t he been rapping and singing since Room for Improvement its nothing new

i like drake music...i love commons music....but im not gonna act like both of these dudes arent soft

thats like someone complaining The weeknd only raps about drugs and hoes......thats what he does lol
Outside of the couple of songs that are " chick " songs.. what makes Common soft? I could understand if a good bulk of his catalog was made up of " chick " songs, but it's not.
 6 years ago '08        #56
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
 khaos said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #57
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,531 | Props total: 129 129
 J Rob said:

but you're arguing with stans.......logic doesn't work in this case

BTW, people are conveniently forgetting about this:

It's all about how he addressed the sh*t......how the fu*k was Common supposed to respond to that? If Drake though "Sweet" was about him, he could've got in contact with him and asked him man to man. Wasn't Common at that show?
Common a bytch lets keep it real. And im a fan of common. Hollywood n*gga trying to sell records. When n*gga start talking violence he want to talk louis farakan shyt knowing Sweet was aimed at drake. Called the man mama a bytch, called him a bytch thats personal, common used a shock value method to move more units fu*k that n*gga cause i bought like water for chocolate in 00' and that shyt was weak "the light" was the hottest thing on that bytch.. That bytch owe me 15 dollars. Drake been a hoe gonna always be a hoe so why common going at that man. This is like a want to be down n*gga in class picking on a lame/pretty boy/ nerd n*gga you get no stripes. Common want beef bytch come see me, ill jab that bytch for that weak shyt i paid for in 2000.

Last edited by neworleansavior; 01-14-2012 at 11:19 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #58
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,775 | Props total: 1584 1584
 Jacc Blacc said:
fukik you talkin bout that ross mixtaope was straight garbage, i would love to hear a no-ross version of the mixtape, dope beats...cool features but ross was weak on that entire tape

jeezy album>>>>>>>>>ross mixtape
lmao wow

no just no

mmg the world is ours>>>>anything on tm 103
 6 years ago '09        #59
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,024 | Props total: 22356 22356
ross stays sh*tting on everybody, jeezy shouldn't take it personal. ross doesn't know how to do anything but put out good music
 6 years ago '04        #60
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago