Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
7476 pageviews
50 comments

Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,842 | Props total: 30022 30022
Warriors' $7 Million Experiment Crashes and Burns

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Kwame Brown's season with the Golden State Warriors is all but over.

The Warriors announced Thursday that the former No. 1 overall pick is expected to miss at least three months because of a chest injury, putting the much-maligned center's season in serious jeopardy. He will have surgery in the next few days to repair a tear in his pectoralis major, the large chest muscle that attaches to his right shoulder.

Brown
Brown

Brown could return in April if the team is in playoff contention.

"It's a blow," Warriors general manager Larry Riley said. "I've struggled since I've been here to try to get us a player with some size and a physical presence in the middle. And I was quite hopeful that with Andris Biedrins and Kwame Brown's presence in the middle, that we had ourselves in a good situation and that would be productive for us. But that's all kind of water under the dam now."

Brown's injury is only the latest for a team still searching for its place under new coach Mark Jackson.

Point guard Stephen Curry is back in Charlotte, N.C., rehabbing his troubled right ankle -- which he had surgery on May 25 only to sprain it at least three times already this season. He will rejoin Golden State when they play at Charlotte on Saturday, when the team hopes to have a clearer time frame for his return.

Biedrins had missed the last three games with a sprained right ankle before returning against the Orlando Magic on Thursday night. But starting small forward Dorell Wright missed the game with a bruised right knee.

"We're a no-excuse basketball team," said Jackson, echoing his season-long mantra.

Brown's injury popped up in the fourth quarter of Golden State's 111-106 overtime victory over the Miami Heat on Tuesday night reaching in to foul Udonis Haslem. Brown had started the past three games, averaging 9.7 points and 6.3 rebounds and was among Golden State's best interior defenders.

Jackson I'll tell you, this guy has done everything we've asked him to do. He's brought a toughness and a presence to this basketball team. Tough loss for us.
” -- Warriors coach Mark Jackson on Kwame Brown's injury

The Washington Wizards selected Brown with the top pick in 2001, but he never became the force inside so many had projected. He played for the Lakers, Memphis, Charlotte and Detroit before signing a $7 million, one-year deal with the Warriors in December.

"Tough loss," Jackson said. "I'll tell you, this guy has done everything we've asked him to do. He's brought a toughness and a presence to this basketball team. Tough loss for us. Even sitting out there with his shirt on (Tuesday night), still being part of the team, he was a jewel for us."

Ekpe Udoh and rookie Jeremy Tyler are expected to see an increase in minutes behind Biedrins.

Riley said the team already has explored options to pursue another big man since Brown's injury revealed itself in an MRI exam. After missing out on Tyson Chandler (New York) and DeAndre Jordan (Clippers) during free agency, it's unlikely Golden State will be able to land an impactful center without a blockbuster trade.

Coincidentally, the Warriors aren't the only team searching to replace an injured big man.

Atlanta's Al Horford went down with a similar injury and is expected to miss at least three months. The Hawks had been hopeful to contend in the Eastern Conference.

"Those are strange (injuries) in basketball. You just don't see that. Those are football and weightlifting injuries," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said before his team faced the Warriors. "You see a lot of defensive linemen, offensive linemen and weightlifters get those injuries. The time I've been in the league, I can't remember another guy with a torn pec, it's a strange injury for our league."

[pic - click to view]

Source:
[pic - click to view]

Kwame Brown of Golden State Warriors to three months with chest injury - ESPN

50 comments for "Warriors' $7 Million Experiment Crashes and Burns"

6 years ago '07        #2
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,371 | Props total: 13020 13020
that's weird how him and horford both had the same injury and both times it looked more like a dislocated shoulder
 01-13-2012, 11:59 AM         #3
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
$7MILL FOR THIS n*gga?!

The Fuhk?! O_o
 6 years ago '04        #4
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
Who didn't see this coming?? Warriors are my team but they always seem to disappoint every year
 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM         #5
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '11        #6
The One N Only 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 31 31
all these injuries.....
 6 years ago '06        #7
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,608 | Props total: 8534 8534
jamarcuss is somewhere smiling
 6 years ago '06        #8
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Million dollars a game
 6 years ago '09        #9
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,915 | Props total: 22126 22126
wow thats crazy he was playing really good for a backup 5.
 6 years ago '10        #10
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,750 | Props total: 934 934
The GOAT is down...
 6 years ago '09        #11
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,265 | Props total: 1350 1350
Dude was playing great......
 6 years ago '11        #12
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$686 | Props total: 2 2
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Pectoral Party tonight
 6 years ago '05        #13
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Kwame won
 6 years ago '09        #14
messy marv stan 4528 heat pts4528
space
space
$53,699 | Props total: 66332 66332
he coulda had a great career if it wasnt for the injuries
 01-13-2012, 04:43 PM         #15
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whats up with the beasley pic tho
 6 years ago '06        #16
presto 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,266 | Props total: 162 162
clown all yall want but he was def serviceable.
 6 years ago '11        #17
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,923 | Props total: 8764 8764
he was playing hard man
 6 years ago '11        #18
zenndogg98 26 heat pts26
space
space
$751 | Props total: 1 1
 6 years ago '10        #19
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,764 | Props total: 7325 7325
One of the better depth bigs in the league .. will be missed.

I hope we see what Jeremy Tyler's got now ... don't want to see all these minutes wasted on Ekpe PuDoh... should've drafted Greg fu*king Monroe like I said.
 6 years ago '04        #20
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
He would have been a solid 2nd or 3rd round pic
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
72 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
53 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy