The 5 Hardest Lines From Common's Drake Diss

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #81
precys 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,804 | Props total: 3095 3095
 59fifty said:
I get it now...i think...black n white=clear

Itz clear he tryna live a n*ggas life like when ppl say a white person is tryna act black

ok im bullsh*ttin I still dont know wtf that line means
lol there is a saying that when things are as clear as day then things are written in black and white, no grey hidden sh*t in between or in the fine print like a contract or loan for example. So he is saying that Drake is black and white in a double meaning as in his mix but also as in clear as day as in we can see right thru him. All this big guy talk is all fake and he's really a soft teddy bear lol

Then he says but trying to live a niga life. This part im not to sure but i'm a.ssuming since the way it follows the double meaning black and white line about being clear then i take it as another double meaning and not so much as niga as a person or race but it related to dark so it can be "we see right thru you but you trying to live the darker life" as in a bad guy trying to live on the "darkside" but also as in him being mixed, white side and a dark side used as a double meaning but not relating that black people are bad like some people are asking.

the first part is clearly what he meant but the second part is a play of words that one can only a.ssume what it means from what was said prior. To me, since both lines go together then its a play of him being mixed with 2 instances of a double meaning of that
 6 years ago '10        #82
corpuz79 9 heat pts
space
space
$887 | Props total: 551 551
 KnicksLost said:
wait n*ggaz is actually breaking down the lines too....the only hot line was the black and white line
So the canada dry line wasn't better...
 6 years ago '04        #83
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 .Hafestos. said:
This, word for word, verbatim...

Shawty wanna tell me secrets ’bout a rap n*gga
I tell a b!tch its more attractive when you hold it down >>>>>>>>>> Common said to him

and the ending went over dudes heads too, but that last line had to sting com...

dudes just are blinded by their jealousy that drake is getting his
How the hell is that line better than anything Common said. You're nuts.

So black and White, trynna live a n*gga life? That's straight ETHER

Son of a bi*ch, I can imagine what your father is?

WOAH
 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM         #84
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ anybody thinkin this was commons ultimate diss...this was just the warm-up...common waiting for this n*gga to reply before he drops his version of ETHER
 6 years ago '05        #85
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,183 | Props total: 3094 3094
 freshtoodef said:
if u say common on the stay skeemin track was wack u dont listen to rap he was bombing on drake... drake had some good lines too comin at common but he goin definitely need another track he mite as well drop somethin on common "sweet" beat
I been listening to rap for a hot minute now and I'm sayin Common on the Stay Scheming track was wack. Common is an amazing artist but he was weak as sh*t on that song. Drake on Stay Schemin >Common.
 6 years ago '04        #86
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
 bernadoobie said:
So we're just gonna act like "you're so black and white tryna live a n*ggas life" wasn't the biggest haymaker of them all?!

I think it was a shot at him being transparent with his fake a.ss gangsta rhymes, and being of mixed descent. How's that for a double entendre!
COMMON DOESNT GET ENOUGH RESPECT AND I BARELY EVEN LISTEN TO HIM!

HE k!llLLLLLLLLED THIS sh*t!
 01-13-2012, 12:10 PM         #87
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and how you gonna leave

"son of a bi*ch, i imagine what ya father is"

out of the top 5 hardest lines in the diss song...thats the type of sh*t that'll make a n*gga cry..dont talk about folks mama's
 01-13-2012, 12:13 PM         #88
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

unedited
 6 years ago '04        #89
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
tough time for drake stans
 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM         #90
majormedicalboI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PLK187 said:
why dont you run up on drake and find out.
LMAO my lil cuzn only 15 he could beat drake a.ss and he in the 10th grade....but i dnt want to hype drake up to catch a body like that
 6 years ago '11        #91
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,924 | Props total: 1654 1654
 cheguevara said:
@ anybody thinkin this was commons ultimate diss...this was just the warm-up...common waiting for this n*gga to reply before he drops his version of ETHER
lol you cannot tell the d!ckriders that though....especially not the one stan that typed out drake's "hard" lines and didn't even get 1 right.

I'll wait til I hear the response, and then Common hit him again
 6 years ago '04        #92
memphis10 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,598 | Props total: 2993 2993
 precys said:
lol there is a saying that when things are as clear as day then things are written in black and white, no grey hidden sh*t in between or in the fine print like a contract or loan for example. So he is saying that Drake is black and white in a double meaning as in his mix but also as in clear as day as in we can see right thru him. All this big guy talk is all fake and he's really a soft teddy bear lol

Then he says but trying to live a niga life. This part im not to sure but i'm a.ssuming since the way it follows the double meaning black and white line about being clear then i take it as another double meaning and not so much as niga as a person or race but it related to dark so it can be "we see right thru you but you trying to live the darker life" as in a bad guy trying to live on the "darkside" but also as in him being mixed, white side and a dark side used as a double meaning but not relating that black people are bad like some people are asking.

the first part is clearly what he meant but the second part is a play of words that one can only a.ssume what it means from what was said prior. To me, since both lines go together then its a play of him being mixed with 2 instances of a double meaning of that
hold up, hold up..are you white? you're trying to hard right now
 6 years ago '04        #93
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 1LynguisticMind said:
your the biggest aubrey stan tho

like that Canda Line aint tough
how is the canada dry line tight?
The "Dry" in the brand's name refers to not being sweet, as in a dry wine. When John J. McLaughlin, who first formulated "Canada Dry Pale Ginger Ale", originally made his new soft drink, it was far less sweet than other ginger ales then available; as a result, he labeled it "dry"
 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM         #94
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pbballin said:
lol you cannot tell the d!ckriders that though....especially not the one stan that typed out drake's "hard" lines and didn't even get 1 right.

I'll wait til I hear the response, and then Common hit him again
you think he gonna respond to common? i sure hope so..common gonna bodied him
 01-13-2012, 12:58 PM         #95
MadNigga4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok let me clear this sh*t up.

Wont say my name but rap about a n*ggas wife, you so black and white tryna live a n*ggas live

Black and white = clear to see (also drake is mixed black and white)
trying to live a n*ggas life= drake is trying to be someone hes not, sort of like how he living vicariously through kobe dissing his wife and such in the line right before...

And lastly to the dumb fu*k who wrote this article, the whole song had about 5 lines in total what type of **** sh*t is it to make a top 5.
 6 years ago '05        #96
precys 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,804 | Props total: 3095 3095
 memphis10 said:
hold up, hold up..are you white? you're trying to hard right now
smh because im trying to explain the line to someone im white now?? Can you tell me how that a.ssumption plays any role in any of this? lmao and tryin to hard at what, at explaining?? lmao
 6 years ago '05        #97
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
 Affectz said:
I guess u wrote that for common since ur telling us exactly what common meant,am I right?
it's actually quite obvious.. get outta highschool
 6 years ago '05        #98
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
 mcruz said:
Is it just me or was putting "say my name" at the end of the track gay?

I swear that Destiny's Child's song for a man.

Pause Common!

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #99
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
 raw51188 said:
Wow this beef is retarded. Goddamn. Whoever started it needs a stern talking to...

Seriously though, this is terrible. Drake is the best pop artist out, common is an over the hill corny cancer looking boom bap crossover "hardcore hip-hop" spoken word rapper. sh*t just disgusts me. And I like both these dudes, but they need to stay in their lanes. Neither is built for beef, they need to stick with chicken or fish. Buncha pusses.

But really, who started this???
Not built for beef? Common recorded one of the illest disses in hip hop history "The bi*ch in Yoo" towards Ice Cube when drake was still doing gay a.ss commercials as a fu*kin young weenie in Canada.
 6 years ago '05        #100
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
 Plizaya J said:
how is the canada dry line tight?
The "Dry" in the brand's name refers to not being sweet, as in a dry wine. When John J. McLaughlin, who first formulated "Canada Dry Pale Ginger Ale", originally made his new soft drink, it was far less sweet than other ginger ales then available; as a result, he labeled it "dry"

are you being serious right now b?

didn't expect anything different then someone named PLIZAYA J
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy