The 5 Hardest Lines From Common's Drake Diss

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
Common can't win this, he loses just based on the fact that he started a beef for no reason right before his album dropped. Then he has some pretty soft songs in his catalog as well. Not to mention being on a label with Ye and Big Sean and the nerve to diss drake :wtf:.
Where was this when Ja was singing, where was this when Nelly was singing, Wayne “How to Love” he nowhere to be found. I been a Common fan since Like Water for Chocolate and n*ggas thought I was soft in the hood for having it and I'm from the midwest like him. Dude is playing himeself even if he bodies Drake he wins the battle but loses the war.
 6 years ago '05        #62
mixtapesinc 
space
space
$688 | Props total: 0 0
 tonystarks21 said:
REAL TALK THERE WAS ONLY 10 LINES IN THE SONG...THE VERSE WAS TRASH MAN FEW ALRIGHT LINES WHY ARE PEOPLE OVERHYPING THIS sh*t BRAH
so what was a hot diss record to you?
 6 years ago '05        #63
mixtapesinc 
space
space
$688 | Props total: 0 0
 PLK187 said:
why dont you run up on drake and find out.
sound like you did already, so what did he do?
 6 years ago '10        #64
BEAST7 1 heat pts
space
space
$459 | Props total: 75 75
 kg81 said:
Common can't win this, he loses just based on the fact that he started a beef for no reason right before his album dropped. Then he has some pretty soft songs in his catalog as well. Not to mention being on a label with Ye and Big Sean and the nerve to diss drake :wtf:.
Where was this when Ja was singing, where was this when Nelly was singing, Wayne “How to Love” he nowhere to be found. I been a Common fan since Like Water for Chocolate and n*ggas thought I was soft in the hood for having it and I'm from the midwest like him. Dude is playing himeself even if he bodies Drake he wins the battle but loses the war.

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
thank u same sh*t ive been saying
 6 years ago '05        #65
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
I got to give it to Common.....all these wack rappers these days never say names and won't admit to dissing the rapper.....his bringing back to the real diss days where you name them and when you get interviewed you say your dissing them by name!
 6 years ago '09        #66
59fifty 
space
space
$22,678 | Props total: 10145 10145
 Madn*gga4 said:
Black and white, aka clear as day...

you dumb n*ggas,

double entendre dont even ask me how
I get it now...i think...black n white=clear

Itz clear he tryna live a n*ggas life like when ppl say a white person is tryna act black

ok im bullsh*ttin I still dont know wtf that line means
 01-13-2012, 05:28 AM         #67
vincentjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
trash
 6 years ago '11        #68
Kade 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 4185 4185
Ehh... Iv'e heard better disses. Even from Drake.

Remember Aristo.

Commons good but his style ain't really a dis type.

People reaching to say he got ethered.

Last edited by Kade; 01-13-2012 at 06:02 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #69
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 PLK187 said:
that sh*t was wack, and you hella reaching. lol.

the only hot line in that diss was "you canada dry" lol.

"Back when if a n*gga reach it was for the weapon, now if a n*gga reach is to sell they records"

"Shawty wanna tell me secrets bout' a rap n*gga"
This, word for word, verbatim...

Shawty wanna tell me secrets ’bout a rap n*gga
I tell a b!tch its more attractive when you hold it down >>>>>>>>>> Common said to him

and the ending went over dudes heads too, but that last line had to sting com...

dudes just are blinded by their jealousy that drake is getting his
 6 years ago '05        #70
GOD WUAN 
space
space
$675 | Props total: 0 0
honestly man this battle is a perfect example of your personality type. you have the hiphop heads who will obviously side with Common.. but then again you have the rap heads who will side with drake. lets make one thing clear.. this isnt a career revival or reach for record sales. common is good with movie deals and shows and album sales.. not every artist needs to go platinum to be considered successful. and drake is achieving a certain amount of success in his own right. but one has to realize that common is battling more than just drake.. hes taking on the new trend of "hiphop". the hiphop that is muddled by constant punchlines and singsongy formula to sale records. granted every rapper eventually will sing on a hook and what not.. but drake is an ACTUAL SINGER. imagine if you will that it was fount out that jayz used to sing before he started his career in hiphop. that would be the equivalent of when prodigy with the thriller jacket pics @ summerjam. it wouldnt be bad if drake didnt speak with the vernacular that he does.. i know everyone seen the "bagel sandwich" youtube vids and how he was before he discovered his blackside. so to hear him now just sounds so suspect.. and now hes trying to venture into the gangsta rap? he should just stick to what he knows best.. pop music. battling is something that can add notches to your career.. but if done improperly you can be another jermaine dupree vs xzibit.. (pointless battle!) but this battle has merit.. being that its the golden age vs the novelty age.. which side will claim victory? we will see
 6 years ago '11        #71
Young Hoody 
space
space
$101 | Props total: 34 34
Man people can't keep saying how soft Drake is. Common got an invite to the Damn white house wtf now he wanna diss. He not bout that life. It's not the 90s. The game he came from was loyalty honesty nd respect nd if u ask me he went against the grain. Nd he is goin to take an L. He fu*king up his own polished image he created
 6 years ago '11        #72
Kade 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 4185 4185
 GOD WUAN said:
honestly man this battle is a perfect example of your personality type. you have the hiphop heads who will obviously side with Common.. but then again you have the rap heads who will side with drake. lets make one thing clear.. this isnt a career revival or reach for record sales. common is good with movie deals and shows and album sales.. not every artist needs to go platinum to be considered successful. and drake is achieving a certain amount of success in his own right. but one has to realize that common is battling more than just drake.. hes taking on the new trend of "hiphop". the hiphop that is muddled by constant punchlines and singsongy formula to sale records. granted every rapper eventually will sing on a hook and what not.. but drake is an ACTUAL SINGER. imagine if you will that it was fount out that jayz used to sing before he started his career in hiphop. that would be the equivalent of when prodigy with the thriller jacket pics @ summerjam. it wouldnt be bad if drake didnt speak with the vernacular that he does.. i know everyone seen the "bagel sandwich" youtube vids and how he was before he discovered his blackside. so to hear him now just sounds so suspect.. and now hes trying to venture into the gangsta rap? he should just stick to what he knows best.. pop music. battling is something that can add notches to your career.. but if done improperly you can be another jermaine dupree vs xzibit.. (pointless battle!) but this battle has merit.. being that its the golden age vs the novelty age.. which side will claim victory? we will see
Could'nt focus hard enough to read.
 6 years ago '06        #73
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,595 | Props total: 3674 3674
damn n*ggas is on drake's a.ss this year
 6 years ago '05        #74
freshtoodef 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,610 | Props total: 4371 4371
if u say common on the stay skeemin track was wack u dont listen to rap he was bombing on drake... drake had some good lines too comin at common but he goin definitely need another track he mite as well drop somethin on common "sweet" beat
 6 years ago '05        #75
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 freshtoodef said:
if u say common on the stay skeemin track was wack u dont listen to rap he was bombing on drake... drake had some good lines too comin at common but he goin definitely need another track he mite as well drop somethin on common "sweet" beat
His flow was horrendous, and his lyrics were very weak, he had one OKAY line, and the way he delivered it hurt it...
 6 years ago '04        #76
k333zY 
space
space
$377 | Props total: 17 17
 SM said:
[CENTER]4. Line: "I’m taking too long with this amateur guy; you ain’t wet nobody, n*gga, you Canada dry.”

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #77
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
 okplayboy2001 said:
Drake is the most hated pop artist i've ever seen...you n*ggaz hate everything about this n*gga...yet and still he's still successful

haters gonna hate
Their is way more white kids and teeny boppers who relate to Drake and make their parents buy his music for them. You think these video game playing white kids ever even heard of Common?
 6 years ago '09        #78
mizlk33 4 heat pts
space
space
$518 | Props total: 157 157
 Da Realness said:
When I see who picks which had the better verse, i see what era some of yall come from. Common had the better verse but I wanna hear what drake puts out...
^^^This
 6 years ago '04        #79
Ill Fred 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 408 408
.......fu*k a drake
 6 years ago '06        #80
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
Wow this beef is retarded. Goddamn. Whoever started it needs a stern talking to...

Seriously though, this is terrible. Drake is the best pop artist out, common is an over the hill corny cancer looking boom bap crossover "hardcore hip-hop" spoken word rapper. sh*t just disgusts me. And I like both these dudes, but they need to stay in their lanes. Neither is built for beef, they need to stick with chicken or fish. Buncha pusses.

But really, who started this???
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago