Microsoft or Sony To Quit Console Race?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 KSoraci7 said:
I don't see why it would be Sony though, has as much chance has M$ really. Marketshare at Sony has taken a tumble as we all know, but it's not because of the gaming division.

In fact, Sony's gaming division is the strongest in the company so why on earth would they "bow out" of the gaming world...to "save themslves" from being able to support making cameras in the future?? It's ridiculous.

Just so happens the guy making this "prediction" works for cloud based gaming, just making a shock prediction to make people think that cloud gaming is the future for his own benefit.

While cloud gaming may be something of the future, predicting that one of the 3 major console makers is bowing out from consoles at this E3 is beyond comical.
At this point it wouldnt be M$ or Nintendo, period. Sony's gaming division is the strongest within the company true, but if they were losing out per console sold before they dropped the slim what does that tell you. Taking into consideration the point you made in your post.

None of the big 3 are dropping out anytime soon, maybe 15 years from now maybe.
 6 years ago '06        #62
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 DJ Krayzie said:
Microsoft has all the momentum in the world with their gaming division.. I guarantee neither one will bow out, just saying if it would be either one, I'd have to say Sony. Argument is moot anyway, because we both know neither one will be going anywhere anytime soon.
I hate to harp on sales but both systems have sold the same to this date. I don't see how one has more momentum than the other besides the fact we live in the country that 360 sells the most which is the reason why you have that perception. From a global standpoint it's the same.

I personally don't care about it but the fact still remains that Sony has sold the same amount in one less year, I think this perception about 360's momentum is only because we live in America my dude.
 6 years ago '07        #63
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
:bsflag:
 6 years ago '06        #64
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 XxC4xX said:
At this point it wouldnt be M$ or Nintendo, period. Sony's gaming division is the strongest within the company true, but if they were losing out per console sold before they dropped the slim what does that tell you. Taking into consideration the point you made in your post.

None of the big 3 are dropping out anytime soon, maybe 15 years from now maybe.
That doesn't tell me anything besides the fact the console was $600 at launch, last gen when PS2 was out most of the sales came came 5-6 years into the life cycle. Even when 360 & PS3 was out it was selling at it's peak because of price.

Companies have always made their money off software sales and accessories & DLC not consoles. Why do you think M$ charges so much for HDD's and the Vita charges $100 for a 32GB SD card.

Why do you think Sega went out of business? Because all their software was burnable.

At this point, this rumor is comical nothing more.
 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM         #65
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
MUmbles is banned and he's afraid he's next..
As much as I hate that Sony loving, MS hating troll....I'd be sad to see Coolio go

Dont take away the real n*ggas mane
 6 years ago '04        #66
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
That doesn't tell me anything besides the fact the console was $600 at launch, last gen when PS2 was out most of the sales came came 5-6 years into the life cycle. Even when 360 & PS3 was out it was selling at it's peak because of price.

Companies have always made their money off software sales and accessories & DLC not consoles. Why do you think M$ charges so much for HDD's and the Vita charges $100 for a 32GB SD card.

Why do you think Sega went out of business? Because all their software was burnable.

At this point, this rumor is comical nothing more.
Im not speaking on the rumor that one might bow out, we all know that isnt going to happen. Im just saying sony hasnt been that successful lately.
 6 years ago '06        #67
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 XxC4xX said:
Im not speaking on the rumor that one might bow out, we all know that isnt going to happen. Im just saying sony hasnt been that successful lately.
In the gaming division no, in other divisions yes. Which is more proof as to why they wouldn't get rid of the gaming division.
 6 years ago '10        #68
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
 DJ Krayzie said:
Microsoft has all the momentum in the world with their gaming division.. I guarantee neither one will bow out, just saying if it would be either one, I'd have to say Sony. Argument is moot anyway, because we both know neither one will be going anywhere anytime soon.
Yeah, if Japan never existed.

Oh wait it does exist. Let see how MS is doing in Japan.

Ill wait.
 6 years ago '04        #69
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
In the gaming division no, in other divisions yes. Which is more proof as to why they wouldn't get rid of the gaming division.
and those failures will drag down the entire company even the most profit making sectors. kind of like sega, what truely k!lled the wasn't the pirating but investing ridiculous amounts of money into projects such as shenmue hoping for a quick return.
 6 years ago '04        #70
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 Shade7Revo said:

Yeah, if Japan never existed.

Oh wait it does exist. Let see how MS is doing in Japan.

Ill wait.
M$ has Momentum in the UK
$ony has some in JP

Here neither one is dwarfing the other.

Except Nintendo, hardware sales are k!lling both
 6 years ago '06        #71
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 XxC4xX said:
more powerful of course im hoping and betting on it, innovative no. sony hasnt been innovative since the ps1, every move they have been making was to stay in competition with moves made by someone else. (motion control, netflix, premium subscriptions etc) its just like sony is just following the trends set by nintendo and microsoft.

sony did motion control before both nintendo and microsoft

Da Ill One said:
MUmbles is banned and he's afraid he's next..

mumbles got banned cause he purposely made a bunch of threads with the intent of getting banned...unless hurting ur feelings becomes a bannable offense, i dont see why i'd get banned

KSoraci7 said:
I hate to harp on sales but both systems have sold the same to this date. I don't see how one has more momentum than the other besides the fact we live in the country that 360 sells the most which is the reason why you have that perception. From a global standpoint it's the same.

I personally don't care about it but the fact still remains that Sony has sold the same amount in one less year, I think this perception about 360's momentum is only because we live in America my dude.

and while we're on sales, let's not bring out the graph again

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #72
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 XxC4xX said:
and those failures will drag down the entire company even the most profit making sectors. kind of like sega, what truely k!lled the wasn't the pirating but investing ridiculous amounts of money into projects such as shenmue hoping for a quick return.
If anything the bleeding sectors get cut, you don't sacrifice the cash cow to save what's dying. You cut costs with dying divisions, go with profit and rebuild other sectors from there.

And yes Sega died because of piracy. The very game you mention couldn't get quick return because it was getting ripped by the masses.
 6 years ago '07        #73
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 DominationCM said:
I want to look this from a True Gamers angle, just hear me out. Sony and Microsoft arent going anywhere because the fallout would be catastrophic. Lets talk about Nintendo, since I've been coming in here mothafu*kas hardly ever mention the Wii. You know why? Cause True Gamers like everybody in here dont even consider it a next gen console. We start f!ghts in this bi*ch arguing over pointless views about Sony vs Microsoft. Aint none of us really checking for the Wii, I have not seen a thread about mothafu*kas who cant wait for the release date of any Wii games. Just today there was a thread about Ghost Recon getting delayed, because that game matters to True Gamers.

From a True Gamers view TO ME, Nintendo has already bowed out! The Wii sold the most, cant argue with that. Just because it sold the most dont mean its the best. Nintendo bowed out to True Gamers when they targeted none gamers. Nintendo was like "fu*k true gamers lets sell our sh*t to soccer moms and librarians and sh*t" Just look at the games that have come out on the Wii, for every good Mario game theirs 15 bad ones and another 20 that shouldnt have been thought of. Some of these games the developers at Nintendo just gave the fu*k up. They knew soccer moms and 6 year olds dont know the difference between a average game and a sh*tty game. When I read gaming mags I look at the ratings of Wii games I see 4's and 5's. Nintendo did this. When game drops on all consoles pay attention to what's said about the one on the Wii.

Now I have to give credit were credit is due Nobodies beating Nintendo when it comes to hand helds.
but isn't nintendo coming out with a more advanced console than the wii sometime soon?
 6 years ago '04        #74
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 coolio said:
sony did motion control before both nintendo and microsoft
Microsofts freestyle pro 1998
The Freestyle Pro, released in 1998, was a rather novel gamepad, as the up-down-left-right directions in analogue mode were controlled by the movement of the controller, more precisely by the absolute pitch and roll position of the pad.

or the Sega Activator that dropped in 1993
 6 years ago '11        #75
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
According to our sources, Apple will be premiering a new tablet based console at this year's E3. It will feature it's own Marketplace, a Streaming TV/Movie service, and Online Gaming sponsored by influential publishers such as EA, Epic, and Naughty Dog. We'll keep you posted as this story continues to progress.
 6 years ago '10        #76
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
 XxC4xX said:
Sony has some in JP
Some? Let me correct you:

Sony has ALL the momentum in Japan.
 6 years ago '04        #77
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
If anything the bleeding sectors get cut, you don't sacrifice the cash cow to save what's dying. You cut costs with dying divisions, go with profit and rebuild other sectors from there.

And yes Sega died because of piracy. The very game you mention couldn't get quick return because it was getting ripped by the masses.
it would matter it shenmue was pirated or not, it would take every dc console owner to buy that game retail atleast 3 times for sega to turn profit from that, hell half of the dc owners didnt have it, and like you said alot of them bootlegged it.

sony hasnt cut any bleeding sectors, they just continue to bleed. i never said sacrificing the cash cow. If a business goes under, regardless if they have a product generating cash flow if they have 40 other products/projects bleeding them dry.
 01-12-2012, 03:03 PM         #78
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
Xbox live is it's own Steam

xbl arcade and the indie sh*t has been a moderate success at least....PSN is a wasteland
Xbox live is its own steam?

Where do xbox sell games that cheap like steam do
 6 years ago '05        #79
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,493 | Props total: 2498 2498
yo where the picture at for this post, thats all i came in here to see
lol
 6 years ago '06        #80
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 XxC4xX said:
Microsofts freestyle pro 1998
The Freestyle Pro, released in 1998, was a rather novel gamepad, as the up-down-left-right directions in analogue mode were controlled by the movement of the controller, more precisely by the absolute pitch and roll position of the pad.

or the Sega Activator that dropped in 1993

we're talking about consoles
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy