Microsoft or Sony To Quit Console Race?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
9173 pageviews
127 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Microsoft or Sony To Quit Console Race?

Cloud gaming service Gaikai has made the bold prediction that either Sony or Microsoft will quit the console race during E3. Speaking at CES, Gaikai chief product officer Nanea Reeves claimed that "not all of the current console makers will have one more generation. That will be the big news at E3."

This is, to put it mildly, a controversial point of view. It's worth noting that Gaikai's business relies on cloud gaming, so having one less console to compete with would be in the company's best interest. For that reason, this prediction should be taken with a huge grain of salt, especially as rumors about new consoles continue to fly.

This comes just twenty-four hours after Sony's Kaz Harai said that a PlayStation 4 won't be at E3. In Gaikai's view, it could be that a new Sony console isn't coming at all.

Source -
[pic - click to view]

IGN

127 comments for "Microsoft or Sony To Quit Console Race?"

6 years ago '08        #2
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 2079 2079
Idk about this one.
 6 years ago '04        #3
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,772 | Props total: 251 251
i call ducktales atleast for next gen, the gen after that though is up in the air
 6 years ago '05        #4
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,893 | Props total: 20993 20993
Definitely false IMO, although if it was one of the two, it would have to be Sony after this current generation.
 6 years ago '04        #5
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 DJ Krayzie said:
Definitely false IMO, although if it was one of the two, it would have to be Sony after this current generation.
yeah I would think IF one of them quit it would be Sony also because Sony the company as a whole is bleeding money profusely... they can't afford many more multi Million dollar loses...or even Billions (if they get hacked again and go down for 2 months)...i'm not saying this will happen BUT if it is true I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is the one that quits...
 6 years ago '05        #6
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,893 | Props total: 20993 20993
 Da Ill One said:
yeah I would think IF one of them quit it would be Sony also because Sony the company as a whole is bleeding money profusely... they can't afford many more multi Million dollar loses...or even Billions (if they get hacked again and go down for 2 months)...i'm not saying this will happen BUT if it is true I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is the one that quits...
Yeah, that's what I meant as well, Sony as a company has been taking shots in multiple departments. Definitely doubt it, and I hope not, I'd be severely disappointed if we lost Playstation anytime soon. That would be awful for the industry.
 6 years ago '11        #7
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
I figured a "couple of members" in here would say SONY and not Microsoft. And I have to agree, See Microsoft will never burn thru and lose money because they got all of yalls.
 6 years ago '06        #8
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
obviously wont happen
 6 years ago '04        #9
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,758 | Props total: 1384 1384
Why can't it happen? I mean If this has any weight to it, why wouldn't one of the companies want to drop out and put their power behind steam? Granted that they do release a console type device.

Steam now hosts more than 40 million accounts and 1,800 games, and its 2011 year-over-year sales increased 100 percent for the seventh year in a row, Valve announced today with a ridiculously smug grin on its face (we a.ssume). During the Holiday Sale, Steam clocked more than 5 million simultaneous users -- in perspective, that's easily more people than the entire population of Norway, all on Steam at the same time.

Steam served over 780 petabytes of data to gamers in 2011, more than doubling the amount delivered in 2010, Valve reported. More than 19 million items were traded in-game, Valve president Gabe Newell said, and he promised that more free-to-play titles will be launched in 2012 to supplement the 18 Steam already hosts.

Newell hasn't forgotten about Big Picture Mode, Valve's attempt to infiltrate living rooms with a top-boxy device that will offer Steam via controller navigation on "more screens throughout the house." Newell said Valve is "preparing for the launch" of Big Picture Mode, so we're guessing we can expect to see something concrete by 2015.
 01-11-2012, 07:59 PM         #10
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I could see microsoft stepping back from the whole out-do each other sh*t, microsoft now has a lock on it's fanbase, they release a xbox 3 with kinect 2.0 filled with all that multimedia horse sh*t and it will sell like hotcakes.

but quitting consoles? No, they will just become more and more like a computer until one day we start swapping out gpus and adding extra ram.
 6 years ago '04        #11
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,772 | Props total: 251 251
 Da Ill One said:
^^^^ if they dont end up quitting they will end up partnering up with somebody like apple or google to make a set-top box gaming device, instead of a gaming device that can substitute as one.

Nintendo is out of the picture, M$ even though they took hits in the xbox department with the red ring its not enough to tank the brand, Sony on the other hand not only were they bleeding money from the ps3, but the psp, its tvs etc.

I truely hope no one bows out truthfully, competition runs the gaming industry.

Last edited by XxC4xX; 01-11-2012 at 08:20 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #12
gc le phresh 
space
space
$209 | Props total: 0 0
what i would like to see is sony designing the hardware and letting nintendo take the reigns publishing, sells nintendo all of its first party ips... can you imagine playing a new uncharted and a new mario on the same system
 6 years ago '04        #13
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
Xbox live is it's own Steam

xbl arcade and the indie sh*t has been a moderate success at least....PSN is a wasteland
 6 years ago '07        #14
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,660 | Props total: 17904 17904
 DominationCM said:
I figured a "couple of members" in here would say SONY and not Microsoft. And I have to agree, See Microsoft will never burn thru and lose money because they got all of yalls.
people are just as loyal to sony as they are to microsoft(see yourself as an example)
 6 years ago '04        #15
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,335 | Props total: 2758 2758
 DominationCM said:
Microsoft is one of the richest company in the world and just coming off with a very good year due to Microsoft word, window 7, kinect and 360 success.

Sony is going down in a downward spiral losing money in every market they going except for ps3 which is keeping them afloat. Its easy to pick Sony due to their current financial problem.
 6 years ago '11        #16
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
 Flawless Image said:
people are just as loyal to sony as they are to microsoft(see yourself as an example)
Fan boys on both sides want to see each other system go down in flames.
 6 years ago '11        #17
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
I want to look this from a True Gamers angle, just hear me out. Sony and Microsoft arent going anywhere because the fallout would be catastrophic. Lets talk about Nintendo, since I've been coming in here mothafu*kas hardly ever mention the Wii. You know why? Cause True Gamers like everybody in here dont even consider it a next gen console. We start f!ghts in this bi*ch arguing over pointless views about Sony vs Microsoft. Aint none of us really checking for the Wii, I have not seen a thread about mothafu*kas who cant wait for the release date of any Wii games. Just today there was a thread about Ghost Recon getting delayed, because that game matters to True Gamers.

From a True Gamers view TO ME, Nintendo has already bowed out! The Wii sold the most, cant argue with that. Just because it sold the most dont mean its the best. Nintendo bowed out to True Gamers when they targeted none gamers. Nintendo was like "fu*k true gamers lets sell our sh*t to soccer moms and librarians and sh*t" Just look at the games that have come out on the Wii, for every good Mario game theirs 15 bad ones and another 20 that shouldnt have been thought of. Some of these games the developers at Nintendo just gave the fu*k up. They knew soccer moms and 6 year olds dont know the difference between a average game and a sh*tty game. When I read gaming mags I look at the ratings of Wii games I see 4's and 5's. Nintendo did this. When game drops on all consoles pay attention to what's said about the one on the Wii.

Now I have to give credit were credit is due Nobodies beating Nintendo when it comes to hand helds.

Last edited by dom; 01-11-2012 at 11:55 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #18
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 DominationCM said:
I want to look this from a True Gamers angle, just hear me out. Sony and Microsoft arent going anywhere because the fallout would be catastrophic. Lets talk about Nintendo, since I've been coming in here mothafu*kas hardly ever mention the Wii. You know why? Cause True Gamers like everybody in here dont even consider it a next gen console. We start f!ghts in this bi*ch arguing over pointless views about Sony vs Microsoft. Aint none of us really checking for the Wii, I have not seen a thread about mothafu*kas who cant wait for the release date of any Wii games. Just today there was a thread about Ghost Recon getting delayed, because that game matters to True Gamers.

From a True Gamers view TO ME, Nintendo has already bowed out! The Wii sold the most, cant argue with that. Just because it sold the most dont mean its the best. Nintendo bowed out to True Gamers when they targeted none gamers. Nintendo was like "fu*k true gamers lets sell our sh*t to soccer moms and librarians and sh*t" Just look at the games that have come out on the Wii, for every good Mario game theirs 15 bad ones and another 20 that shouldnt have been thought of. Some of these games the developers at Nintendo just gave the fu*k up. They know soccer moms and 6 year olds dont know the difference between a average game and a sh*tty game. When I read gaming mags I look at the ratings of Wii games I see 4's and 5's. Nintendo did this. When game drops on all consoles pay attention to what's said about the one on the Wii.

Now I have to give credit were credit is due Nobodies beating Nintendo when it comes to hand helds.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Pretty graphics and an early start isn't going to make up for a loss that big. Nintendo's going to have to pull out all the stops, develop a stellar 3rd party as well as first party, lineup. They need games that not only look better than the HD twins of this generation, but play better. That pad needs to be used to it's fullest extent, it can't just be another peripheral that will gather dust on your shelf while you break out uncharted, halo, or gears. We don't need something that will last a few months, we need a console that will last a few years, if not a lifetime. Nintendo has to come through this year at e3, or they've lost a big part of their crowd.
 6 years ago '11        #19
shaquir13 5 heat pts
space
space
$449 | Props total: 0 0
why do i think that in the future nintendo is gonna choose a side and choose to make a system with microsoft (because bill gates is in bed with everybody). or choose to go with sony this is what i would hope for best interest in both companys for a huge money maker
 6 years ago '11        #20
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Bill gates aint in japanese beds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy