Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-10-2012, 05:37 AM         #661
lyonsm316  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skullfiend said:
youre stupid as fu*k.

this thread is really upsetting me...

if we are talking about hip hop history, then ice cube is relevant to that convo..

if were talking about who had a bigger impact on history ... ice cube is more relevent...

if we are talking about who is more relevant RIGHT NOW, its easillt mac miller

see right now, people that are relevant include Mac miller, big sean, drake, waka flocka, rick ross, kendrick lamar, the game, j cole - ETC

are they amongst the best of all time? hell no .... are they relevent now? yes

people relevant to hip hop, but not relevant right now include ice cube, common, krs, dmx, etc

common used drake to make himself relevant...

is common relevant? as of today ... YES ...

before the sh*t with drake .... fu*k no. he wasnt relevent. dudes album went wood, and sold less than 20000 second week.

drake pushed 500,000 first week or some sh*t. those are the numbers from someone relevant

common just wants to sell records.

ludacris dissed drake in his mixtape
big sean diissed drake when his album came out
pusha t dissed drake when fear of god 2 came out

see the pattern?
So basically you are basing all of this on sales numbers! Not on the fact that Common is lyrically superior to Drakes life! You may as well have a teenage girl come in here and argue the same point because they are the ones buying Drakes album, you know that right!?

Also I am pretty sure Ludacris is not trying to become relevant when he starred in one of last years biggest movies and is about to be in the following two films too! Maybe just maybe Luda and Common are trying to send the message across that Hip Hop has become too soft!!

Get upset!
 01-10-2012, 05:44 AM         #662
.aviator.man.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
music wise common and ludacris are not relevent at the moment, and that is most likely to them, the most important thing to be relevent in, not wit books and movies and sh*t.
 6 years ago '05        #663
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 J Rob said:
I think y'all are confusing relevance with popularity....they both go hand in hand, both Drake and Common are relevant, but Drake is only relevant because of his popularity. Common is relevant because of his resume. Drake hasn't been in the game long enough to be as relevant as Common. If Drake falls off within the next 5 years, he won't be as highly regarded as Common is
Thank you. Now can all these morons take the relevancy card and go slit their wrists with it?

Niccaz need to stop negating the fact that its a rap battle. You win rap battles BY RAPPING.
 6 years ago '04        #664
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
I was looking forward to commons album before the beef.

Common def came with it on this remix.I mean damn,I was hoping for a longer verse.He will ether drake if he responds.The funny thing is drake use to be a dope 5 or 6 years ago before he went rnb/pop.He was or never will be as lyrical as common tho.

I got my popcorn ready.
 6 years ago '10        #665
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 1526 1526
 ant30ant33 said:
So we gonna act like Jayz & nas didn't have issues over a woman
So we gonna act like 2pac & biggie didn't have issues over a woman
Common don't have to put out another rap album ever he doing movies
Movie money >>>> Music money

Damn do people in here know history of rap or just started listening in 2011 SMDH
Exactly!

Arson said:
common's first two albums sold a combined 4k. He didn't get his first gold plat until 04-05 and that was from Like water for Chocolate and that sh*t came out in 2000. The fact common is even still round to even have a legit battle with one of the biggest rappers on the planet 20 years later without everybody saying "Common? where the fu*k that n*gga been?" says he's very relevant.
Thank You!

I see a lot of ho a.ss n*ggas in here
 6 years ago '04        #666
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,449 | Props total: 6041 6041
Im the type of n*gga dat bump future and brick squad but i heard it on the radio this mornin and i must say ole boi went in on drake he go have to respond
 6 years ago '05        #667
lil 1 
space
space
space
$464 | Props total: 0 0
i honestly think drake had a better verse but it wasn't direct so i'll give common's reply a nodd for that but if drake comes at him like he did on stay schemin, Common better step his game up. as dude said before the destiny child sample was pretty much a hard hitting diss and i guess the canada dry line and that's it. Common gotta come harder if he is going to rep Old school rap
 6 years ago '04        #668
Skammy Gee 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 108 108
Drake stans are
[pic - click to view]

as fu*k lol
 6 years ago '05        #669
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 UrMainPriority said:

Beanie Sigel - Empire strikes
Jadakiss - fu*k Beanie
Fat Joe - 50
Jadakiss - Animal
Eminem - Hail Mary
Eminem - Nail in the Coffin
we can go as far back and say
LL Cool J - Jack the Ripper

all fairly quick responses that were polish tracks
I'm not saying his diss was wack, i'm saying he should but an extra day into making it sound better. Its a bullsh*t cut in my opinion. My bad for wanting quality to stay in hip hop. Ross just put out a mixtape that's better then some artist albums.
Lol those were good responses to good challenges.
Common responded just as he should have. Drake's verse was lightwork. Common's verse was lightwork, BUT MORE EFFECTIVE. Now everybody wants to know what is it about. Is it about Serena? That interest is BECAUSE OF COMMON'S verse.

Do ya'll niccaz really need someone to break the sh*t down for you that bad?
This is supposed to be hip hop. No instruction manuals come with this sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #670
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,449 | Props total: 6041 6041
who gives a fuk how it sounds too n*ggaz actin like its a album cut
 01-10-2012, 08:42 AM         #671
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn they are even hittin this hard on that radio down here in dallas... it's not just BX that wants a beef the whole fu*kin industry wants this sh*t....
 6 years ago '11        #672
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
Ether. Drake fans consist of females and f ags. I do disagree on f!ghting over a bi*ch, especially that overrated tennis playing gorilla tho. But lyrically, this is just like the GOD KRS ONE vs Nelly

Last edited by VinylDigga213; 01-10-2012 at 08:57 AM..
 01-10-2012, 08:58 AM         #673
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #674
The Scenario 43 heat pts43
space
space
$4,129 | Props total: 3148 3148
 Trill Clinton said:

6 years ago '08        #675
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
 UrMainPriority said:

Beanie Sigel - Empire strikes
Jadakiss - fu*k Beanie
Fat Joe - 50
Jadakiss - Animal
Eminem - Hail Mary
Eminem - Nail in the Coffin
we can go as far back and say
LL Cool J - Jack the Ripper

all fairly quick responses that were polish tracks
I'm not saying his diss was wack, i'm saying he should but an extra day into making it sound better. Its a bullsh*t cut in my opinion. My bad for wanting quality to stay in hip hop. Ross just put out a mixtape that's better then some artist albums
I appreciate the history lesson, but instead of posting a list of full tracks that were created by said artist, how about you create me a list of artist that released a diss Verse off of someone elses track that was released no more than 72 hours after the original.

See what people fail to realize is that Common comes from a different era. In what I like to call the pre-50 cent era, MC's released music that showcased their skills first. If they wen't gold or platinum then that was just icing on the cake.

When Illmatic dropped, there was no talk about "how much you tink it sold first week??" Same with Reasonable Doubt, Doggystyle, The Chronic, Aquemini, Supreme Clientele. We cared about the product, not how many 14-24 yr old white kids (let's really be honest here) purchased the album.

Common is like a tenured professor, he's put in work for so long his job is safe no matter what. Whether he sells 4k copies or 4 million. So to the cat who asked why would he put out an album for sale if he didnt care about numbers, there is a very simple answer, RECORD COMPANY CONTRACT. He's obligated to release albums, just like every other signed artist.

If your main argument on why Drake>>>Common is because Drake sold more than Common, especially in a battle, then you should be a little bit more worried about the boy wonder.
 6 years ago '05        #676
freshtoodef 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,610 | Props total: 4371 4371
Drake goin have to catch a body the way common bombed on his a.ss
 6 years ago '09        #677
ImageOfTruth 
space
space
$3,053 | Props total: 16 16
Some facts for y'all.

Drake = definition of relevant, in demand i.e. sold out shows, platinum albums, number 1 songs, worldwide touring.

Common = definition of over the hill i.e. doing acting with no major roles, album going wood, no major tours, doesn't sell out big venues.

You do the math you simpletons.

"back when n*ggas used to reach it was for the weapon, nowadays n*ggas reach just to sell they records".
 6 years ago '11        #678
xrayvisionmedia 
space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
Common came out in 93-94. He is still releasing albums today. This means that a record company will still invest in his projects 20 years after he came out.

Drake came out on a major 3 years ago. Lets see if he can still get a album released in 2019.

This analogy of relevant you youngsta's are using is like saying D Rose is better then Jordan because he is selling out arenas today and Jordan has not done that in over ten years.

I don't blame you youngsta's, I know half of you are white boys trying to understand this black culture of hip hop and the other half were educated in public schools which are designed to keep you stupid.
 6 years ago '05        #679
UrMainPriority 1 heat pts
space
space
$840 | Props total: 4 4
 popsjenkins said:
I appreciate the history lesson, but instead of posting a list of full tracks that were created by said artist, how about you create me a list of artist that released a diss Verse off of someone elses track that was released no more than 72 hours after the original.

See what people fail to realize is that Common comes from a different era. In what I like to call the pre-50 cent era, MC's released music that showcased their skills first. If they wen't gold or platinum then that was just icing on the cake.

When Illmatic dropped, there was no talk about "how much you tink it sold first week??" Same with Reasonable Doubt, Doggystyle, The Chronic, Aquemini, Supreme Clientele. We cared about the product, not how many 14-24 yr old white kids (let's really be honest here) purchased the album.

Common is like a tenured professor, he's put in work for so long his job is safe no matter what. Whether he sells 4k copies or 4 million. So to the cat who asked why would he put out an album for sale if he didnt care about numbers, there is a very simple answer, RECORD COMPANY CONTRACT. He's obligated to release albums, just like every other signed artist.

If your main argument on why Drake>>>Common is because Drake sold more than Common, especially in a battle, then you should be a little bit more worried about the boy wonder.
Wow I can see you comprehension level is low.
Your ENTIRE argument has nothing to do with what i said so let me break it down for you in simpler terms. *cough* No bullsh*t cuts in 2012. I said nothing about who sold what, nothing about Drake>>> Common.

As for the beef I think they both are throwing jabs. I think its time for Drake to step up, I mean that "Sonofabi*ch I imagine what your father is" line goes hard *pause*. Not b/c its a punchline, but because we all know there are personal issues within this battle and every1 knows how drake soft a.ss feels about his pops per album. I'm just enjoying the moment. Hip hop is back. Keep the quality to a standard. And when the smoke clears i do think Drake will be victorious, but i refuse to sleep on Common.
 6 years ago '11        #680
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
 ImageOfTruth said:
Some facts for y'all.

Drake = definition of relevant, in demand i.e. sold out shows, platinum albums, number 1 songs, worldwide touring.

Common = definition of over the hill i.e. doing acting with no major roles, album going wood, no major tours, doesn't sell out big venues.

You do the math you simpletons.

"back when n*ggas used to reach it was for the weapon, nowadays n*ggas reach just to sell they records".
I don't give a fu*k how many records bubble gum drake sold to his tween, female, and homo fan base. I judge on lyrical ability and content. Drake can make billions and i still wouldn't respect dudes sh*tty 'music'. Common's made better music all around compared to drake's gay sh*t this decade and has classics in the golden era of hip hop, at hip hop's prime IMO.

Last edited by VinylDigga213; 01-10-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now