Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM         #621
Trill Clinton  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
we just look at it differently. of course common,ice cube, will smith are going to have have some sort of relevancy in rap/pop culture but like i said rap is a young people's music. its the only genre that can act like people 20 years later doesn't exist. so the older they get the less relevant they are to the new crowd that keeps it going. that's all i meant by that. you can probably find more age 20-under people know the ones i mentioned more for their movies than their music
Dude,Hip hop has been around since the 80's.My pops who is 51 was my age when hip hop started to gain steam and pop off.He stills listen to hip hop right now.Rap isn't just young peoples music.You think n*ggas just turn 40 and stop listening to rap? A n*gga in his 40's isn't gonna be checkin' for the dougie or Rack City because that's immature/teen sh*t but put on some Biggie or Pac and that n*gga will be jammin' now just like he did in the mid 90's.

Just because Common isn't hot to a random 16 year old,doesn't mean he isn't relevant.Same thing w/Cube,Will Smith,Cool J etc.Just because you only see teenagers on 106&Park don't make the mistake and believe that raps fanbase is primarily 30 and under.Hell Hov is 40 something.

Last edited by Trill Clinton; 01-09-2012 at 10:44 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #622
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
I really hate you new n*ggas (yes, I'm mad). Are you really trying to find reasons for Drake to NOT respond?? In hip hop, you're supposed to look at battles like badges of honor, something you try to earn, not run from. Used to be if you liked an artist you couldn't wait to see what he would do against another MC, but the pussification of America has changed that.

Sad thing is, you know Common hurt the Drake stans when they can only say sh*t like "His verse didn't sound as polished, he should have cut it better". Really? REALLY?? "He's just trying to sell records" Really? Common is arguably the most famous he has ever been in his entire career, but NOW he wants to pull this - ok.

I used to think hip hop was in trouble because of some of the artists of today, but I see now it's really the fans that are the problem. Damn shame.

And just so you know, if you need to play a Drake CD to get pus*y,you just as lame as the n*ggas out here paying for it.
 6 years ago '10        #623
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20861 20861
These past couple of comments got me shaking my head forreal. I'm really glad Common dissed Drake cuz he helped exposed a lot of y'all seriously.
 6 years ago '08        #624
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 popsjenkins said:
I really hate you new n*ggas (yes, I'm mad). Are you really trying to find reasons for Drake to NOT respond?? In hip hop, you're supposed to look at battles like badges of honor, something you try to earn, not run from. Used to be if you liked an artist you couldn't wait to see what he would do against another MC, but the pussification of America has changed that.

Sad thing is, you know Common hurt the Drake stans when they can only say sh*t like "His verse didn't sound as polished, he should have cut it better". Really? REALLY?? "He's just trying to sell records" Really? Common is arguably the most famous he has ever been in his entire career, but NOW he wants to pull this - ok.

I used to think hip hop was in trouble because of some of the artists of today, but I see now it's really the fans that are the problem. Damn shame.

And just so you know, if you need to play a Drake CD to get pus*y,you just as lame as the n*ggas out here paying for it.
exactly......
 6 years ago '09        #625
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,136 | Props total: 7291 7291
 bc23 said:
So word is Drake has a response ready on power 106 hmmmm
speak up
 6 years ago '10        #626
bc23 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$352 | Props total: 27 27
Guess no response tonight o well
 6 years ago '04        #627
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6424 6424
 Trill Clinton said:
Dude,Hip hop has been around since the 80's.My pops who is 51 was my age when hip hop started to gain steam and pop off.He stills listen to hip hop right now.Rap isn't just young peoples music.You think n*ggas just turn 40 and stop listening to rap? A n*gga in his 40's isn't gonna be checkin' for the dougie or Rack City because that's immature/teen sh*t but put on some Biggie or Pac and that n*gga will be jammin' now just like he did in the mid 90's.

Just because Common isn't hot to a random 16 year old,doesn't mean he isn't relevant.Just because you only see teenagers on 106&Park don't make the mistake and believe that raps fanbase is primarily 30 and under.Hell Hov is 40 something.
i understand all that. my dad listens to rap too but there are people out there that listened to rap til a certain point and got tired of it for whatever reason. my brother in law used to listen to jay-z,dmx,outkast,etc. and now listens to it less and he is 32. you see that with rap more than anything else. majority of rap is primarily 30 and under. it might start getting higher as the years go on but right now yes most of it is 30 and under
 6 years ago '10        #628
space
space
 bc23 said:
Guess no response tonight o well
?

So there was supposed to be a response but what happened?
 6 years ago '05        #629
UrMainPriority 1 heat pts
space
space
$840 | Props total: 4 4
 popsjenkins said:

Beanie Sigel - Empire strikes
Jadakiss - fu*k Beanie
Fat Joe - 50
Jadakiss - Animal
Eminem - Hail Mary
Eminem - Nail in the Coffin
we can go as far back and say
LL Cool J - Jack the Ripper

all fairly quick responses that were polish tracks
I'm not saying his diss was wack, i'm saying he should but an extra day into making it sound better. Its a bullsh*t cut in my opinion. My bad for wanting quality to stay in hip hop. Ross just put out a mixtape that's better then some artist albums
 6 years ago '05        #630
UrMainPriority 1 heat pts
space
space
$840 | Props total: 4 4
 popsjenkins said:

Jadakiss - fu*k Beanie
Fat Joe - 50
Jadakiss - Animal
Eminem - Hail Mary

I'm not saying his diss was wack, i'm saying he should but an extra day into making it sound better. Its a bullsh*t cut in my opinion. My bad for wanting quality to stay in hip hop. Ross just put out a mixtape that's better then some artist albums.
 01-09-2012, 11:03 PM         #631
Trill Clinton  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
i understand all that. my dad listens to rap too but there are people out there that listened to rap til a certain point and got tired of it for whatever reason. my brother in law used to listen to jay-z,dmx,outkast,etc. and now listens to it less and he is 32. you see that with rap more than anything else. majority of rap is primarily 30 and under. it might start getting higher as the years go on but right now yes most of it is 30 and under
People not fu*king w/rap anymore isn't really about it being a young mans sport though,I'm only 23 and I'm finding myself not listening to rap that much anymore not because i don't love it it's just because there is a lack of sh*t that grabs my attention.There is a reason why ALOT of the Sportscenter heads who joined BX for the hip hop section (like myself) barely migrate over here anymore.The majority of rap isn't 30 and under,how can you say that when damn near most of the rappers that matter nowadays are over 30? The 30 and under crowd is just what's shown on television and represented on message boards.

Last edited by Trill Clinton; 01-09-2012 at 11:05 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #632
space
space
 UrMainPriority said:

Jadakiss - fu*k Beanie
Fat Joe - 50
Jadakiss - Animal
Eminem - Hail Mary

I'm not saying his diss was wack, i'm saying he should but an extra day into making it sound better. Its a bullsh*t cut in my opinion. My bad for wanting quality to stay in hip hop. Ross just put out a mixtape that's better then some artist albums
I don't think it's smart to compare a quick verse to a full length track but I see where you're coming from....sort of.
 6 years ago '10        #633
bc23 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$352 | Props total: 27 27
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
?

So there was supposed to be a response but what happened?
illicitx said power 106 was droppin Drake's response, but idk if dude was joking. Guess we find out in the morning.
 01-09-2012, 11:06 PM         #634
CIDF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lets see if drake really about that hip hop sh*t. all you coming in here mad drake got hit listen closely you v*gina between the leg and mouth having a.ss c*nts. Drake was never built for this rap sh*t bottom line is if you yap your mouth in front of real n*ggas your gonna get disrespected. this ain't fu*kin canada were you can leave all your doors open at night and get free health care, n*ggas had to compete and watch their every move to make it out here. drake is not a straight shooter, he's a pus*y footer, a front runner, a "no i didn't even mean that sh*t" type of n*gga. don't forget who the fu*k you really are. bottom line is if you didn't have 40 (who should change his fu*king name) you wouldn't be sh*t. and 40 is a nerdy a.ss spoiled white boy who doesn't deserve any respect beyond the beats that he makes. he tryna hide behind fake industry n*ggas like wayne n*ggas with energy and smarts but no CHARACTER. drake has no real n*ggas on his team which is why he had to try and befriend so many people in this industry to make it. all i know is if i was facing jail time, or was facing a downfall in my career (BUN B COUGH COUGH) i would probably do my best to get on a rich soft n*gga like drakes side too. Common wants to bring the rough outta drake and he's gotta do it for hip hop. LIL n*gga THIS IS AMERICA HE DISRESPECTED YOUR DADDY IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE NATION YOU BETTER COME BACK WiTH SOMETHING FAST BEFORE YOU LOSE ALL YOUR RESPECT.
 6 years ago '07        #635
Exquisit 2 heat pts
space
space
$571 | Props total: 160 160
I think drake lost.

"Son of a bi*ch now imagine what your father is"

6 years ago '08        #636
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,539 | Props total: 17169 17169

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #637
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6424 6424
 Trill Clinton said:
People not fu*king w/rap anymore isn't really about it being a young mans sport though,I'm only 23 and I'm finding myself not listening to rap that much anymore not because i don't love it it's just because there is a lack of sh*t that grabs my attention.There is a reason why ALOT of the Sportscenter heads who joined BX for the hip hop section (like myself) barely migrate over here anymore.The majority of rap isn't 30 and under,how can you say that when damn near most of the rappers that matter nowadays are over 30? The 30 and under crowd is just what's shown on television and represented on message boards.
i thought people stop coming here because of all the troll threads. which are annoying as hell. most rappers get on from around 23-27 and then depending on how their career goes survive for 7-10 years. 50 came in 10 years ago. he is making billion dollar deals but f!ghting with his label to even have a single out. nelly, about 13 years ago but outside of 1 pop song nobody mentions him and he doing beach shows in sarasota, florida. nas,jay-z, and eminem are the ones that are going to have to prove my theory wrong. because those are the only 3 i see being popular with the potential of going plat each time being well over the age of 40. so until i see that im going to believe what i believe. i also think that these last couple of albums jay-z about to do might be his last but that another topic
 6 years ago '07        #638
Exquisit 2 heat pts
space
space
$571 | Props total: 160 160
Common need to go this hard though:

[video - click to view]

01-09-2012, 11:26 PM         #639
Killa Kwamz  OP
space
space
space