Five-star S Landon Collins Picks Alabama over LSU Mom not pleased (Video)

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
8357 pageviews
102 comments

jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Five-star S Landon Collins Picks Alabama over LSU Mom not pleased UPDATE (Video)

[pic - click to view]

Landon Collins woke up Thursday morning on top of the world.

The five-star safety from Geismar (La.) Dutchtown High was set to announce his much-anticipated decision to attend Alabama or LSU and begin moving toward his college career.

But by Thursday night, after Collins picked the Crimson Tide over his home-state school, Collins had become a laughing stock. After Collins stated his choice live on ESPN during the Under Armour High School Football All America Game, his mother embarrassed him by publicly disapproving of his choice.

"I feel like LSU is a better place for him to be," Collins' mother said. "LSU Tigers, number one. Go Tigers."

She even, reportedly, started a "Geaux Tigers" chant.

It was not the best moment for Collins and his mother, and it not only fueled ridicule from LSU fans and everyone who saw the video on YouTube, but also Collins' fellow All America Game teammates.

"There is a way to conduct yourself in those situations," Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco defensive lineman Darius Hamilton told Rivals.com. "When you are on national television she shouldn't have done that to her son. There is still a long way to go until National Signing Day and whatever issues she has should have been worked out behind the scenes."

Hmmm, and that's coming from the 17- or 18-year-old kid.

National Signing Day is a little more than a month away, on Feb. 1, and any grievances Collins' mom had over his college choice could have been hashed out at home before Collins will officially sign. Verbal commitments are non-binding.

Even if Collins' mother didn't like his choice, she should have at least supported her son in public. Then she could have smacked him in the head in the car on their way home. (Not that we here at the Doc condone domestic violence.)

It will be interesting to see if the outcome of Monday's BCS Championship Game between LSU and Alabama changes either Collins' or his mom's perspective.

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Landon Collins picks Alabama, but his mother is sticking with LSU | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

UPDATE:
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Collins does not live with his mother but rather with his stepmother, who was also present for the announcement and was the first to hug Collins following his announcement. Collins' girlfriend, a current UA student, was also present for the announcement.

Despite the disagreement with his mother, Collins told reporters following the event that his commitment to Alabama is firm.

"Yes, I'm going to be firm in my commitment - that's where I want to go," Collins told BamaOnline's Charles Power. "My mom isn't going to affect my decision. I'm going to stay with the Roll Tide Roll and go to Alabama."

In his interview with Power, Collins said that despite the last-minute drama, he has been certain about his decision to go to Alabama for some time and doesn't feel compelled to stay close to home for his college career.

"I just felt more at home there. I just wanted to get out of Louisiana. I made up my mind two years ago that I would go to Alabama. I just never had the chance to since my parents wanted me to do it on national TV. I never told the coaches, they just watched it on TV."

MORE INFO:
1. Mother's name is April Justin.
2. He made his selection known to LSU and Alabama on WEDNESDAY. His mother had a full 24+ hours to digest the news.
3. Collins' girlfriend is enrolled at Bama. If you'll notice the young lady standing behind him in a crimson shirt at the Under Armor game announcement, that would be her.
4. Collins has said for two years that he likes Alabama. He bonded with the coaches.
5. Collins' FATHER and stepmother -- his stepmom is a girls' volleyball and basketball coach and high school AD in Louisiana -- support his choice of Alabama.
6. Collins and his mother are somewhat estranged but he invited her because its his mother

Last edited by jlandryst; 01-07-2012 at 08:20 AM..

102 comments for "Five-star S Landon Collins Picks Alabama over LSU Mom not pleased (Video)"

6 years ago '11        #2
PrimeTimeJones3 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 933 933
his mom looks young...she can get it
 01-07-2012, 08:32 AM         #3
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And this is why he lives with his dad and step mom...
 6 years ago '07        #4
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,743 | Props total: 159 159
Damn moms looking good.
 6 years ago '06        #5
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,375 | Props total: 5656 5656
His mom is a clown.
 6 years ago '07        #6
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 banga said:
His mom is a clown.
he should've never invited her

hopefully she's not a negative influence on him in the long run.
 6 years ago '05        #7
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,113 | Props total: 516 516
bi*ch support your son... i would go crazy if that was my mom....
 6 years ago '06        #8
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,616 | Props total: 8924 8924
NO SUPPORT. SAD

WISH HIM WELL ALL THO I HATE BAMA.. GOT SOME NICE COACHES AND sh*t OVER THERE
 6 years ago '07        #9
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,978 | Props total: 462 462
I thought LSU current Safety Eric Reid would have persuaded him to come to LSU

Saban Polly offered him more playing time right away then Les was....A few months ago he had a picture on Twitter of him and his girl with Bama hoodies and hats on and his girl go to Bama so you know he going to watch his pus*y lol this was a no brainer
 6 years ago '10        #10
kawgre12 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,181 | Props total: 7758 7758
Milf
 6 years ago '05        #11
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
his girl got her meal plan in check
 6 years ago '05        #12
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
His mom is just going to ruin his moment like that
 6 years ago '04        #13
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,191 | Props total: 3339 3339
Moms crazy, she can get it though
 6 years ago '06        #14
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,491 | Props total: 14788 14788
 Tmac225 said:
I thought LSU current Safety Eric Reid would have persuaded him to come to LSU

Saban Polly offered him more playing time right away then Les was....A few months ago he had a picture on Twitter of him and his girl with Bama hoodies and hats on and his girl go to Bama so you know he going to watch his pus*y lol this was a no brainer
Saban dont offer no recruits playing time... Julio has said many times thats one of the big things that drew him to Bama... Saban told him he would be given the CHANCE to earn playing time but he wouldnt promise him sh*t.

Sounds like to me he wanted to get the fu*k away from his moms lol and its no surprise when top DBs wanna be coached by Saban.
 01-07-2012, 11:37 AM         #15
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol hoodrat. the fact she decided that that was the time to say something shows you why they're estranged. bet she aint gonna be at any more of his televised events. if I was his father I woulda went ham on her after the cameras went off.
 01-07-2012, 11:46 AM         #16
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the mom reminds me of a better looking pinky with blonde hair
 6 years ago '06        #17
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 71 71
Damn white girls be on it
 6 years ago '11        #18
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
This chick going to ruin this n*gga career.
 6 years ago '11        #19
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,877 | Props total: 167 167
Where is this boy's father at!? If you know your baby momma dont know how to act you have to make sure you there to keep her in check and not embarrass your son in his shining moment. This kid is going to get it from the upper classmen at UA his first few months because of this because of this. I can see the jokes now
 01-07-2012, 12:09 PM         #20
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCballer40 said:
Where is this boy's father at!? If you know your baby momma dont know how to act you have to make sure you there to keep her in check and not embarrass your son in his shining moment. This kid is going to get it from the upper classmen at UA his first few months because of this because of this. I can see the jokes now
He invited her

After all it is his mom, just think how pissed she would be if her son didn't invite her. He probably didn't like it, but it is his mom...
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy