Heath Ledger Was Possessed During 'The Dark Knight' Says Real Exorcist

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
10303 pageviews
89 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Heath Ledger Was Possessed During 'The Dark Knight' Says Real Exorcist

[pic - click to view]

The idea that Heath Ledger was possessed by a demon during the production of The Dark Knight is not new. Some folks truly believe that the young actor opened himself up, and became susceptible to, a truly evil force. One that drove Heath's performance as The Joker.

One of those people that believe Heath Ledger may have been under the influence of Satan's minions in his portrayal of this iconic Batman villain is The Reverend Bob Larson, the world's leading exorcist, and foremost expert on cults, the occult, and supernatural phenomena. He is currently making the rounds in discussing the authentic nature of the exorcisms seen in The Devil Inside.

We recently caught up with Bob to chat about this new thriller. Along the way, we began discussing the dangers of demon possession in acting. And how certain roles or performances may make a person more accessible to demons. Heath Ledger's name came up automatically while discussing this topic. Which begs the question: If Heath Ledger was possessed by a demon...Did that demon want to act? Because if that is a demon, he is giving one heck of a performance. And he is quite cooperative with the crew. Why would a demon possess an actor, and then continue to carry through with making a movie. A movie is hard work.

In my professional opinion, I don't think a demon has the patience for all the wait time that occurs on a set. I could be wrong. Maybe this particular demon wanted to give the performance of a life time. I imagine him shuffling through Hell with his hat and cane right now, screaming, "See, that Oscar is mine!"

Here's what Bob had to say on the matter.

Like The Devil Inside, the more recent exorcism movies have been these faux-documentary, found-footage type thrillers. The actors are never well known. When we are watching this movie, and we see these people who are possessed on screen, acting out this demonic reckoning, and they get lost in what is a very scary, very real performance...Does that make them more susceptible to actually being possessed by a real demon? Are they opening themselves up in an unhealthy way? Especially when these actors are not on a contained movie set. But, like we see here, they are in a real location for the purpose of authenticity in the making of the film?

Bob Larson: Well...I'd be more worried about a Heath Ledger and a Joker character. We all know where that ended up. As legend has it, even Jack Nicholson warned him not to do that movie, because of the nature of that role. There is always a danger in loosing that line of distinction. But I don't see that happening in this particular film. Because I think they take a realistic, factual approach to it. At the beginning of the film, which I like, there is a lot of interaction and discussion about what exorcism is. How it operates. Through the dialogue, the questions of these young seminarians that are in this exorcism school give very authentic answers. There was very little that I could disagree with there. At least there is the semblance of factuality here, which is very strong...Which is very different from something like Paranormal Activity, which is just about looking for things that go bump in the night.

Let's go back to Heath Ledger. Its your professional opinion, as the world's most renown exorcist, that Heath Ledger was, in fact, possessed by a demon during the making of The Dark Knight. That's what propelled his performance as The Joker...

Bob Larson: I would say...something overtook that man. There is a strong possibility that somehow, he just took on too much of the evil of this character. After all, whether it was psychological or spiritual, he could not draw that distinction anymore. That is not the first time I've had an actor tell that sort of thing to me. When they are called onto portray that role. With this movie here, though, I don't see that happening.

Have you actually had professional actors come to you after portraying a certain character? Or something that is evil in a film? Do you find actors coming to you for character exorcisms?

Bob Larson: I have. There have been instances of that. Obviously, I deal with political figures, business people, as well as ordinary people...A lot of people in the entertainment industry. But I am sworn to secrecy on that. Clergy confidentiality doesn't allow me to discuss anything about that. But...There is that danger. I wouldn't say that it is a common danger. But it certainly is at work out there.

We know that demons are very smart, and very cunning. Basically, what you are telling me is, demons know, and are more apt to stay away from something like The Devil Inside. Because that is cliché. They are more apt to go where they won't be detected...

Bob Larson: I think that is fairly accurate. However, with what they are portraying in this film...The caution is..."Do not try this at home." Know what you are doing. When we train people to go through exorcisms, they go through an extended apprenticeship program. Hours of training. Hours of sitting alongside others who are performing exorcisms...Before they ever step out on their own. To take this on single-handedly, so to speak. There is always danger there. There is physical danger. There is the danger of physical violence. There is the danger of harm to the other person. I have been through some pretty scary situations in the years that I have been doing this. Its something you approach with a great deal of caution. What I do like about this movie is that they are interested in the scientific aspect of it. Can you psycho-neurologically determine and identify possession. In fact, I think you can.

Which brings up my next question. Here we have actors in a movie, who are believable on screen as a person who has been possessed. If we put that same performer in front of you, will you be able to tell the difference between someone who is acting the part of a soul possessed and someone who is actually soul possessed?

Bob Larson: Look, there are no special effects in a real exorcism. Whatever is happening, is really happening. If the eyes are dilating, they are really dilating. If the body is contorting in a way that is seemingly impossible for a person, from a muscular skeletal manner, to do...It is really happening. There are no smoke and mirrors in an actual exorcism. This is for real.

So there is no way an actor could fool you?

Bob Larson: I would know in a short period of time. I've had people try to fool me. For sick reasons, or just for curiosity, to see if they could. First of all, I am not going to do this in most cases unless I have profiled the person's history, and I have checked into their background. We don't take random people off the streets. And say, "Oh, we're going to do an exorcism." There is some factuality there. Secondly, you spend a fair amount of time on an exorcism. You don't just jump in, throwing around a bunch of holy water. And waving a cross. You ask a lot of questions. Anyone who is pretending wouldn't get very far, after a couple of hours of questioning.

[pic - click to view]

EXCLUSIVE: Heath Ledger Was Possessed During The Dark Knight Says Real Exorcist of The Devil Inside - MovieWeb.com

89 comments for "Heath Ledger Was Possessed During 'The Dark Knight' Says Real Exorcist"

6 years ago '05        #2
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
No he wasn't.

That is all.

01-06-2012, 03:53 PM         #3
jackedNtan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"depression hits losers the worst" says real psychiatrist
 01-06-2012, 04:40 PM         #4
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '05        #5
therealmtg 3 heat pts
space
space
$536 | Props total: 11 11
he was acting god doesnt exist sorry
 6 years ago '06        #6
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,496 | Props total: 14816 14816

can we stop talking about this overrated a.ss movie now?
 6 years ago '06        #7
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,697 | Props total: 8661 8661
 Birdman's Back said:

can we stop talking about this overrated a.ss movie now?
you calling dark knight overrated what comicbook character movie was better than this?
 6 years ago '06        #8
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
you calling dark knight overrated what comicbook character movie was better than this?
comic book movies suck

i dont think Dark Knight sucks tho (or Batman Begins), they were good. Dark Knight is unbelievably overrated. that sh*t is dope but dudes wanna act like it was one of the best movies of all time and alot of it is because Ledger died. Period. if he didnt die his sh*t wouldnt have been overrated as much (and again he was dope just not near as dope as ppl wanna act like).
 6 years ago '05        #9
philly5 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 1 1
i find this as a compliment to ledger portrayal more than anything.
 6 years ago '11        #10
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
Let the man rest in peace! Greatest movie and performance by an actor I have ever seen, probably will ever see. If you dont agree thats fine but do the man and his family a favor, let him RIP
 6 years ago '05        #11
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 Birdman's Back said:
comic book movies suck

i dont think Dark Knight sucks tho (or Batman Begins), they were good. Dark Knight is unbelievably overrated. that sh*t is dope but dudes wanna act like it was one of the best movies of all time and alot of it is because Ledger died. Period. if he didnt die his sh*t wouldnt have been overrated as much (and again he was dope just not near as dope as ppl wanna act like).
Why do you care if it's one of some people's favorite movies of all time, though?

6 years ago '05        #12
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 Reppindaburghh said:
Why do you care if it's one of some people's favorite movies of all time, though?

And THIS is exactly where his arguments fall apart every single time...

Anyway, as a believer and a (sorta/kinda) Christian, this guy is full of sh*t.
 01-06-2012, 07:20 PM         #13
TEK2yuhDOME 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Birdman's Back said:
comic book movies suck

Maybe you heard all the hype than saw it and was disappointed?

I remember when I saw it, the first day it came out, I almost sh*t my pants the first 20 mins because it was so epic.
 6 years ago '05        #14
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 Birdman's Back said:
comic book movies suck

Dude, there were people talking about how great his performance was WAY before he died. In fact, Warner Bros. was trying to figure out how to market it for Oscar acclaim because they were so confident in his performance. All of this was BEFORE he died... So, I doubt your theory.

And, as I said in a previous thread, the word "overrated" is overrated.
 6 years ago '06        #15
DonYBE 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,991 | Props total: 1959 1959
 Birdman's Back said:
comic book movies suck

It's one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. What you fell to realize it completely revitalized a genre in my opinion was slowly dying because with movies like Daredevil, Superman Returns, Spiderman 3, X-Men 3, etc. dropped the ball on the elements on what makes a successful superhero movie. Batman Begins and TDK completely raised the bar and it LITERALLY forced everyone back to the drawing board and making superhero movies with a better story and a much "darker" feel. That's why you seeing them rebooting Spiderman again, as well as Superman, Fantastic Four with that "darker" and more realistic feel (well as reaslitic you can get with superhero films)

I dont know what movie you are watching, but the praise Heath Ledger gets from the movie is not because he died, it's because it was well deserved. Even before he passed, the media were talking about him winning an oscar for his performance because NO ONE had ever seen some play a such a complex character and nail it with flawless precision, and he made you ACTUALLY believe that's who he was. There is nothing overrated about his performance at all. That's one of the greatest performances EVER. I suggest you go watch that movie again.

Last edited by DonYBE; 01-06-2012 at 07:52 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #16
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
I have so many issues with this thread, mainly the response(s) to it, so I'l say nothing at all.
 6 years ago '06        #17
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:

That logic is so retarded...

Why do you care what I care about?

Se7en said:
How is it overrated?
Because I didnt think it was near as good as most make it out to be... pretty simple...

TEK2yuhDOME said:
Maybe you heard all the hype than saw it and was disappointed?

I remember when I saw it, the first day it came out, I almost sh*t my pants the first 20 mins because it was so epic.
That might be part of it... I heard how great it was then watched it and was like "that sh*t was dope" but didnt think it was no epic sh*t. Ppl get so gotdamn mad when u have a different opinion, ppl jumping on me for saying it was OVERRATED.... notice i never said it was WACK, i even said it was DOPE...

DaOmega_1 said:
Dude, there were people talking about how great his performance was WAY before he died. In fact, Warner Bros. was trying to figure out how to market it for Oscar acclaim because they were so confident in his performance. All of this was BEFORE he died... So, I doubt your theory.

And, as I said in a previous thread, the word "overrated" is overrated.

Oh yeah the people that MADE the movie thought it was great, im SHOCKED...

What part of "IT WAS GOOD" dont you get? I simply said I didnt think it was as good as everybody wanted to make it out to be, get over it bruh...

Last edited by Bama Boy; 01-06-2012 at 09:15 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #18
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18966 18966
 6 years ago '06        #19
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,919 | Props total: 25872 25872
alot of people during the cast did say heath would tell you to call him joker and stayed in his trailer all the time when they weren't shooting even on breaks and stuff
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy