The Lions' Matthew Stafford is in position to lap the Jets' Mark Sanchez in the race to elite status

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #161
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 dtownboy313 said:
he matthew elite as of now no. does he have the potential absolutely. as long as he remains healthy and we continue to surround him with talent. he needs a better o-line. a real running game. one full year starting look at his numbers. they speak for themselves. it just makes me wonder how we wouldve did with him under center all those games he missed. probably wouldve had better records.
he doesn't even need a better running game, they're fine the way they are and even the playmakers are there, one great wr, 2 2nd tier tight ends, good pass catching rbs
 6 years ago '04        #162
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,194 | Props total: 3340 3340
 finishim said:
he doesn't even need a better running game, they're fine the way they are and even the playmakers are there, one great wr, 2 2nd tier tight ends, good pass catching rbs
He will have a much improved running game next season with Best, Smith, LeShoure. But I feel you this is and will be a passing team as long as we have Staff and those weapons on the outside.

We about to beat the Saints tomorrow then the talk will be a little bit different I hope.
 6 years ago '05        #163
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 Veno da Don said:
He will have a much improved running game next season with Best, Smith, LeShoure. But I feel you this is and will be a passing team as long as we have Staff and those weapons on the outside.

We about to beat the Saints tomorrow then the talk will be a little bit different I hope.
 6 years ago '12        #164
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 Pistol Peter said:
 6 years ago '04        #165
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,194 | Props total: 3340 3340
 rynell said:
 6 years ago '07        #166
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,796 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Veno da Don said:
you can that case.

But but but at 23 Matt is leaps and bounds ahead of any mentioned QB, and that's a fact. So really if you put Stafford on the Saints or Packers they would still be in damn good shape.

The man make ALL the throws that any "elite" QB has ever made.
A lot of QBs can make the throws. Elite means consistently being a great player. Let Stafford get some years under his belt and hopefully some individual awards.
 6 years ago '04        #167
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,320 | Props total: 3923 3923
Best thread made in a while. 9 pages of fans trying to determine if a QB who hasn't won a damn thing is elite or not.

To top it off, Mark Sanchez is mentioned in the elite argument as well.

I'd say BX's sports intelligence has hit an all time low but this is a thread for Lions fans so its understood.
 6 years ago '04        #168
DarkStar 
space
space
$211 | Props total: 0 0
 biscuit said:
Best thread made in a while. 9 pages of fans trying to determine if a QB who hasn't won a damn thing is elite or not.
so what makes a qb elite? stat records? playoff wins? i know its not superbowl wins cause if that were true dan marino wouldnt make the cut along side a hand full of other qb's that never really won sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #169
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
$82,054 | Props total: 11865 11865
 Veno da Don said:
Marino- Mark Clayton, Mark Duper, Best offensive line in football

Elway(never threw for 30td one 4,000 yard season)- 2 Thousand Yard rusher Terrell Davis(SB MVP), HOF Shannon Sharpe

Farve-Sterling Sharpe, Donald Driver, Antonio Freeman

why would not having an elite WR be criteria for being an elite QB I ask though? Just trying to fit the argument to suit your case.
Glad you beat me to it, and if anything you could possibly say that stafford's start to his career is more impressive than any of those QBs, considering he only has ONE top 40 receiver on his team (granted he's an absolute freak of nature). Think about that for a second. Teams double and triple team the absolute fu*k out of CJ (which explains why his numbers dropped so drastically between weeks 9-14), but Stafford stilll put up gaudy stats during that tiime and win 2/4 games, and found a way to find him when it mattered most (playoffs on the line), and he found a way to find CJ again when the playoffs were on the line and reach 5k yards,

biscuit said:

To top it off, Mark Sanchez is mentioned in the elite argument as well.

I'd say BX's sports intelligence has hit an all time low but this is a thread for Lions fans so its understood.
i apologize biscuit, i forgot that this is not a discussion forum.
I'd roast you for being an illiterate bastard, not reading the article, and simply a.ssuming that it somewhere mentioned Sanchez or Stafford already having reached elite status, but I've already pointed it out twice now.

6 years ago '04        #170
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 dtown1759 said:
Glad you beat me to it, and if anything you could possibly say that stafford's start to his career is more impressive than any of those QBs, considering he only has ONE top 40 receiver on his team (granted he's an absolute freak of nature). Think about that for a second. Teams double and triple team the absolute fu*k out of CJ (which explains why his numbers dropped so drastically between weeks 9-14), but Stafford stilll put up gaudy stats during that tiime and win 2/4 games, and found a way to find him when it mattered most (playoffs on the line), and he found a way to find CJ again when the playoffs were on the line and reach 5k yards,

i apologize biscuit, i forgot that this is not a discussion forum.
I'd roast you for being an illiterate bastard, not reading the article, and simply a.ssuming that it somewhere mentioned Sanchez or Stafford already having reached elite status, but I've already pointed it out twice now.

n*gga, I ain't gotta read your article to comment on this thread

Other dudes in here are actually posting the possibility of the thread title being real so I'm here to crush dreams and talk sh*t.

Don't act like you don't want people to think he's elite either brah. You and your squad are fiendin' for respect. It's makin ya'll look thirsty as hell...

What goes around comes around my nig. Same sh*t you all have been doing all season comin' back at cha.
 6 years ago '04        #171
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
 biscuit said:
Other dudes in here are actually posting the possibility of the thread title being real so I'm here to crush dreams and talk sh*t.

Thread title:NFL The Lions' Matthew Stafford is in position to lap the Jets' Mark Sanchez in the race to elite status

biscuit said:

Don't act like you don't want people to think he's elite either brah. You and your squad are fiendin' for respect. It's makin ya'll look thirsty as hell...
 dtown1759 said:
I happen to agree that Stafford needs to win a playoff game before he is crowned a truly elite NFL quarterback and it's unfortunate that his first chance at doing so is against the hottest team in the NFL in their stadium, but we'll see what happens, and there is no doubt that he is well on his way
Again son, reading comprehension, read a book about it-- Oh wait
 6 years ago '07        #172
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,796 | Props total: 14598 14598
Stafford doesn't even have to win too many playoff games to be elite. Just consistently have good seasons.
 6 years ago '04        #173
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 dtown1759 said:

Thread title:NFL The Lions' Matthew Stafford is in position to lap the Jets' Mark Sanchez in the race to elite status

Again son, reading comprehension, read a book about it-- Oh wait
Seems as though you're a tad upset my friend about people not paying attention and reading your posted article...

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #174
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
 biscuit said:
Seems as though you're a tad upset my friend about people not paying attention and reading your posted article...

[pic - click to view]

LMAO I ain't mad about sh*t, last time I checked we have a game to play this weekend, you the salty a.ss n*gga comin in this thread to troll the fu*k out of it.. But I guess I can understand why you that way, because it''s not like there's any sort of future future for the Bears that you can make a thread about

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #175
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
But for real though dtown, you want to sit here and try and talk sh*t about me not reading the article and dissing Stafford for not being elite but you say nothing about the idiots in here who actually think so and have been discussing reasons why he is when you admit that he isn't...
 6 years ago '04        #176
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 dtown1759 said:
LMAO I ain't mad about sh*t, last time I checked we have a game to play this weekend, you the salty a.ss n*gga comin in this thread to troll the fu*k out of it.. But I guess I can understand why you that way, because it''s not like there's any sort of future future for the Bears that you can make a thread about

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You play this weekend? Do you? By the way everyone else with any football sense talks about it you bout to get fu*ked up again by the Saints. You actually have a game this weekend and aren't headed to New Orleans for a slaughter of your team? Hmmmm...
 6 years ago '04        #177
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
 biscuit said:
You play this weekend? Do you? By the way everyone else with any football sense talks about it you bout to get fu*ked up again by the Saints. You actually have a game this weekend and aren't headed to New Orleans for a slaughter of your team? Hmmmm...
hahahaha this sh*t is gettng really funny. You yourself were the one giving props to stafford after week 12 for his gutty performance. The Lions fared 2X better vs the Saints than the Giants the week before, the falcons the week after, and even better than the Bears (COMPLETELY HEALTHY) did when you had them on your HOME FIELD, despite missing Suh, our entire defensive secondary, and 25 boneheaded penalties that fu*ked us out of having any chance at a win. But go ahead, please... sh*t on your keyboard with some more of your story-changing hypocrisy.

Last edited by torious; 01-06-2012 at 10:05 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #178
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
 finishim said:
that running game would take pressure off him doe. i just believe at some point during a game you have to be able to line up and punch a team in the mouth running the ball. its about attitude. would also open up playaction opportunities. teams wouldn't be able to just line up a tee off on him knowing he's throwing 45 times. just would add that balance
 6 years ago '04        #179
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 dtown1759 said:
hahahaha this sh*t is gettng really funny. You yourself were the one giving props to stafford after week 12 for his gutty performance. The Lions fared 2X better vs the Saints than the Giants the week before, the falcons the week after, and even better than the Bears (COMPLETELY HEALTHY) did when you had them on your HOME FIELD, despite missing Suh, our entire defensive secondary, and 25 boneheaded penalties that fu*ked us out of having any chance at a win. But go ahead, please... sh*t on your keyboard with some more of your story-changing hypocrisy.
I actually gave him his props in this thread. I want to know why U so mad about me telling people not to call him elite when it seems like you don't mind if they run with that idea? Talk about hypocrasy.
 6 years ago '04        #180
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
What happened to the post-caleb-hanie-era-induced traumatic suicideally depressed biscuit who vanished then reappeared and vowed "not to talk any more sh*t??"

Short term memory's a bi*ch huh. Hate to break it to ya but Angelo's firing didn't sove all your problems.... And it's just a matter of time before the karma cycle repeats itself again

Last edited by torious; 01-06-2012 at 10:36 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy