The Lions' Matthew Stafford is in position to lap the Jets' Mark Sanchez in the race to elite status

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #101
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,425 | Props total: 3136 3136
 biscuit said:
Go ahead and look at my comments in this thread Bandwagon. I gave him his props but elite is going too far.

The title of the thread has elite and Stafford in the same sentance. Not yet brah... Calm the fu*k down.
Seriously, Stafford is a good qb but nowhere is he elite, lets see how those numbers would b if he didn't have Megatron. He'd still be a good qb without him but megatron makes him look better than he really is.
 6 years ago '04        #102
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 d4deesnuts said:
Seriously, Stafford is a good qb but nowhere is he elite, lets see how those numbers would b if he didn't have Megatron. He'd still be a good qb without him but megatron makes him look better than he really is.
stafford is quite the leader too. theres a video of him against the browns and he is mic'ed up, good video
 01-05-2012, 10:40 PM         #103
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 biscuit said:
Can't tell a Detroit n*gga nothin' man. 1st playoffs in 12 years and now Jesus is playing QB for them
i coulda swore people thought jesus was playin for denverand for the record im not from detroit
 6 years ago '07        #104
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 SmooveDude said:
i coulda swore people thought jesus was playin for denverand for the record im not from detroit
oh they did, then they all went silent 3 weeks ago.
 6 years ago '04        #105
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,259 | Props total: 3845 3845
 SmooveDude said:
Smoove, I wasn't even addressing you and wouldn't call you bandwagon ever. Its this Linguistic kid... Where the fu*k have you been all season dog?
 6 years ago '04        #106
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
$82,004 | Props total: 11807 11807
 dtown1759 said:
First of all the ARTICLE (which nobody seems to have actuallly read) nowhere actually proclaimed that Stafford is an elite QB at this juncture in time, it merely said that he has lapped Sanchez in the race to elite status. People are taking the article way out of context

This was 22 posts ago...

I happen to agree that Stafford needs to win a playoff game before he is crowned a truly elite NFL quarterback and it's unfortunate that his first chance at doing so is against the hottest team in the NFL in their stadium, but we'll see what happens, and there is no doubt that he is well on his way
 6 years ago '04        #107
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 d4deesnuts said:
The whole 5k passing yard thing is bullsh*t now. He's one of 4 players to hit this mark and it took what? Like 18 years for Marinos record to b passed yet 3 mofos did it all this year. I guarantee brees record will be beaten in a couple years, at least within the next 5. My whole point of this is that passing is alot easier now and a sh*tload of ppl will be hitting the 5k and beyond mark like it aint sh*t from now on.
nope just the elite QBs will pass for 5k. You know like Brees, Brady, ARod, Stafford.

The problem is how you guys keep talking about "anybody can do it" but just look at this year only the BEST QBs can accomplish this feat.

Ok if you wanna say Stafford is not elite yet, but understand 5,000 41tds ARE ELITE NUMBERS! This is not a hard concept to understand. If you wanna see him do it for more years that's one thing but don't talk about 5k yards like anybody can do it because they cannot and will not.

Downplaying my QB accomplishments
 6 years ago '04        #108
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
when was Sanchez ever in the race, it gets real annoying to me when these crappy qbs whose teams win a few games and they're called elite
 6 years ago '04        #109
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 Veno da Don said:
nope just the elite QBs will pass for 5k. You know like Brees, Brady, ARod, Stafford.

The problem is how you guys keep talking about "anybody can do it" but just look at this year only the BEST QBs can accomplish this feat.

Ok if you wanna say Stafford is not elite yet, but understand 5,000 41tds ARE ELITE NUMBERS! This is not a hard concept to understand. If you wanna see him do it for more years that's one thing but don't talk about 5k yards like anybody can do it because they cannot and will not.

Downplaying my QB accomplishments
exactly man, everyone keep talking about how it's a qb league and that anyone can do what the top 4-5 did thi year, well, why didn't they??? if anyone can pass for over 4k, how come only ten did it? if its so easy to throw 30 tds how come only five did it? if its so easy to complete over 65% of passes, how come only 4 did? if its so easy to have over 100 qb rating how come only four did???
 6 years ago '04        #110
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 finishim said:
when was Sanchez ever in the race, it gets real annoying to me when these crappy qbs whose teams win a few games and they're called elite
Especially when their teams' success is in no way due to their play. So many people hyped Sanchez up because he's a "winner" and went to two consecutive AFCC games. All the while, everyone and their moms act like they didn't have a ground and pound rushing attack with great defense. Take this year for example: running game and defense stalls, Sanchez is trash. And the worst thing is that the Jets fans who were all saying Sanchez was in a class above average will ever deny saying any of that because they don't want to make themselves look like idiot d!ck riders.
 6 years ago '04        #111
space
space
 d4deesnuts said:
Brady has Gronk, Hernandez, Welker

Arod has G. Jennings, Jordy, Finley,

Brees has Graham, Colston, Sproiles...

Can we please stop using this excuse! Who is he supposed to be throwing to a bunch of undrafted Free Agents.

Schwab has Andre Johnson is he better then Stafford?

Kolb has Larry Fitz is he better then Stafford?

Its just a dumb argument to use, add that to the fact when "Elite Recieving Cores" were mentioned nobody even considered the Lions.

You fu*ks can't have it both ways. But again anything to discredit Staff I get that...
 6 years ago '07        #112
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 Veno da Don said:
i will give you this point...

But all the "he has a stud WR", "He benefits from rule changes" are excuses that can be said about any "great QB"
true, but this year has been crazy. before this year, 22 QBs threw for 4500 + yards...22. 6 QBs this year did that. Stafford is a good QB and probably gonna get better, but lets just see how he does to follow this up. Its not fair to call him elite, because he's not. He's had 1 good season. Brady, Manning and Brees have done it more consistently. Rodgers is well on his way.
 6 years ago '09        #113
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,493 | Props total: 7237 7237
 1LynguisticMind said:
If you can't recognize Staffords natural talent on the football field your just a hater
Jeff George had natural talent, ws he elite?
 6 years ago '07        #114
space
space
UNRELATED:....

Didn't think it was worthy enough to make a thread, involves the Lions so I'll post it here........

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles GM Howie Roseman "called off" a proposed August trade that would have sent CB Asante Samuel to the Lions for a pair of second-day draft picks.
The deal was far enough along that Roseman had the Lions contact Samuel, but it fell apart when the Eagles held out for a first-rounder. The Inquirer expects Roseman to "dangle" Samuel on the market again this offseason, though the asking price will have to drop significantly. With Samuel's salary jumping from $5.9 million to $8.4 million, the Eagles may have to settle for a third-round pick.
 6 years ago '07        #115
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 keithbm1111 said:
true, but this year has been crazy. before this year, 22 QBs threw for 4500 + yards...22. 6 QBs this year did that. Stafford is a good QB and probably gonna get better, but lets just see how he does to follow this up. Its not fair to call him elite, because he's not. He's had 1 good season. Brady, Manning and Brees have done it more consistently. Rodgers is well on his way.
That's why I say there are only 3.5 elite QBs. Other are too inconsistent. The word elite is thrown around by journalists too much.
 6 years ago '07        #116
space
space
 TH35 said:
That's why I say there are only 3.5 elite QBs. Other are too inconsistent. The word elite is thrown around by journalists too much.
yeah people lose meaning of the word "elite"

it pains me to say Eli is a good QB, but he is way way too inconsistent to be considered elite.

Rodgers...this is his first, truly "elite" type year, granted he was great in the SB run and had a good year last year, but theres not much doubt he will be elite if not already
 6 years ago '04        #117
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 TH35 said:
 6 years ago '04        #118
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
yeah people lose meaning of the word "elite"

it pains me to say Eli is a good QB, but he is way way too inconsistent to be considered elite.

Rodgers...this is his first, truly "elite" type year, granted he was great in the SB run and had a good year last year, but theres not much doubt he will be elite if not already
all I'm going to say is, Rodgers is the model or consistency, obviously this year is different, but in his three previous, he averaged 30 tds, 10 ints, 4,300, 8.2 ypa, with a 99.8 qb rating, if three top three (in the league those years), dominatingthe playoffs, plus this season don't give him the elite status idk what else he could do, he's turned it over less than any qb since he entered the league, scored more tds, had the best qb rating, only thing he doesn't top is yards and prob never will with brees around

Last edited by finishim; 01-06-2012 at 10:05 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #119
space
space
 finishim said:
exactly man, everyone keep talking about how it's a qb league and that anyone can do what the top 4-5 did thi year, well, why didn't they??? if anyone can pass for over 4k, how come only ten did it? if its so easy to throw 30 tds how come only five did it? if its so easy to complete over 65% of passes, how come only 4 did? if its so easy to have over 100 qb rating how come only four did???
Don't be logical Al that will go over people heads.

I put Stafford as of right now right below ARod, Brees, and Brady. Stafford is THE LEADER of that next class top of the 2nd tier. With his numbers he could be mentioned with the top dogs but I will be fair and wait 2 more season I guess since that's the criteria.
 6 years ago '04        #120
space
space
 finishim said:
all I'm going to say is, Rodgers is the model or consistency, obviously this year is different, but in his three previous, he averaged 30 tds, 10 ints, 4,300, 8.2 ypa, with a 99.8 qb rating, if three top three (in the league those years), dominatingthe playoffs, plus this season don't give him the elite status idk what else he could do, he's turned it over less than any qb since he entered the league, scored more tds, had the best qb rating, only thing he doesn't top is yards and prob never will with brees around
not even Aaron Rodgers is elite to bxsc standards

So when are you qualified to be considered "elite"? SB nah that's not enough, 5k 40tds nope not even... I guess you have to be retired before your track record is good enough to be considered "elite"

and no the term is NOT overused. Brees, Brady, ARod, Manning. Then on the cusp Stafford, Eli, Big Ben. That's 7 out of 32 starting QBs who deserve a mention is that really too much?

Oh yeah Al lets not forget the fact Arod lost 1 game with one of the worse defenses in the NFL now if that ain't elite/unstoppable then I dont know what else these players have to do.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy