The Lions' Matthew Stafford is in position to lap the Jets' Mark Sanchez in the race to elite status

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #81
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
You guys think passing yards makes you an elite QB? Schaub led the league in passing yards 2 years ago, was he ever an elite QB?
 6 years ago '04        #82
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
$82,015 | Props total: 11817 11817
this thread got real funny real fast
 01-05-2012, 08:26 PM         #83
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
healthy for an entire season and he finally lives up to the hype, i can't even be mad at fat stafford
 6 years ago '04        #84
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
$82,015 | Props total: 11817 11817
 maxnn said:
You guys think passing yards makes you an elite QB? Schaub led the league in passing yards 2 years ago, was he ever an elite QB?
Alright buddy, first of all. I'm going to disregard the fact that the ARTICLE (which nobody seems to have actuallly read) nowhere actually proclaimed that Stafford is an elite QB at this juncture in time, it merely said that he has lapped Sanchez in the race to elite status.People are taking the article way out of context, But I can still make a good argument for Stafford being elite over Schaub.

Schaub did throw for a lot of yards 2 seasons ago, however the knock on him has always been (up until this season where he benefited immensely from his division turning into a sh*t souffle, that he combusts in big games with game sealing picks, fumbles, or injuries (the latter I guess I can't totally fault him for)

Stafford on the other hand, since his 2nd season, has earned a reputation as a big game quarterback, starting with his gutty game winning throw vs the browns in 2009 which he made with a dislocated shoulder after tricking the team doctors into thinking he could still play, and confirmed that reputation this season with what, 5 or 6 come-from-behind wins. Over his last four games (the time where the Lions playoff bid was on the line, he’s thrown for 1,511 yards, 14 touchdowns and two interceptions.

The Lions are 3 seasons removed from an 0-16 season. The Texans were 8-8 in 2008.

It was the combination of Tebow, the fact both Drew Brees (5,476) and Tom Brady (5.235) had greater statistical seasons and various Lions dramas and controversies that pushed Stafford aside.
 6 years ago '04        #85
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 dtown1759 said:
Alright buddy, first of all. I'm going to disregard the fact that the ARTICLE (which nobody seems to have actuallly read) nowhere actually proclaimed that Stafford is an elite QB at this juncture in time, it merely said that he has lapped Sanchez in the race to elite status.People are taking the article way out of context, But I can still make a good argument for Stafford being elite over Schaub.

Schaub did throw for a lot of yards 2 seasons ago, however the knock on him has always been (up until this season where he benefited immensely from his division turning into a sh*t souffle, that he combusts in big games with game sealing picks, fumbles, or injuries (the latter I guess I can't totally fault him for)

Stafford on the other hand, since his 2nd season, has earned a reputation as a big game quarterback, starting with his gutty game winning throw vs the browns in 2009 which he made with a dislocated shoulder after tricking the team doctors into thinking he could still play, and confirmed that reputation this season with what, 5 or 6 come-from-behind wins. Over his last four games (the time where the Lions playoff bid was on the line, he’s thrown for 1,511 yards, 14 touchdowns and two interceptions.

The Lions are 3 seasons removed from an 0-16 season. The Texans were 8-8 in 2008.

It was the combination of Tebow, the fact both Drew Brees (5,476) and Tom Brady (5.235) had greater statistical seasons and various Lions dramas and controversies that pushed Stafford aside.
church
 6 years ago '08        #86
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
Brees is about to put the young lion to rest
 6 years ago '07        #87
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,643 | Props total: 437 437
can't wait to watch them vs the saints ... we'll really see how good stafford is
 6 years ago '07        #88
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,834 | Props total: 1998 1998
even if the lions loses this weekend Stafford is still better than Sanchez
 6 years ago '11        #89
Coke Hogan 
space
space
$338 | Props total: 51 51
 smoovedude said:
who wins the the division if another team went 15-1 and has the best qb in all of the league

But alright bra hanie>staffim done until saturday

but tebow won his diviision so he's elite...got it i mean winning the division makes you elite....alex smith is elite because the 9ers won they division...ok im done

exactly........ Aaron rodgers is elite... Stafford, nah.
 6 years ago '04        #90
Bizarreagain 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,173 | Props total: 8 8
Msu msu msu msu msu msu msu msu msu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 01-05-2012, 09:51 PM         #91
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Coke Hogan said:
exactly........ Aaron rodgers is elite... Stafford, nah.
so if im understandin...only division winners QBs are elite? is that what you tryna tell me?
 6 years ago '07        #92
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
Sanchez is the Top 5 worst QB's in the league

Stafford is a future legend
 6 years ago '07        #93
space
space
 biscuit said:
So you can be elite now without winning anything? Divison, Conference, or Superbowl.

Nice. I guess there's new standards for being the best then
mother fu*ker its his first REAL year on the field
 6 years ago '04        #94
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,282 | Props total: 3855 3855
 SmooveDude said:
so if im understandin...only division winners QBs are elite? is that what you tryna tell me?
Win something damn it! Maybe a playoff game before you start hailing him Joe fu*king Montana
 6 years ago '04        #95
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 SmooveDude said:
no but stafford isnt elite yet. calm down
 6 years ago '04        #96
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:
mother fu*ker its his first REAL year on the field
Motherfu*ker then explain how he is elite in his first year not having to miss games because of changing his pad?

6 years ago '07        #97
space
space
 biscuit said:
Win something damn it! Maybe a playoff game before you start hailing him Joe fu*king Montana
If you can't recognize Staffords natural talent on the football field your just a hater
 6 years ago '04        #98
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 Sabotage said:
no but stafford isnt elite yet. calm down
Can't tell a Detroit n*gga nothin' man. 1st playoffs in 12 years and now Jesus is playing QB for them
 6 years ago '04        #99
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:
If you can't recognize Staffords natural talent on the football field your just a hater
Go ahead and look at my comments in this thread Bandwagon. I gave him his props but elite is going too far.

The title of the thread has elite and Stafford in the same sentance. Not yet brah... Calm the fu*k down.
 6 years ago '06        #100
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,427 | Props total: 3137 3137
The whole 5k passing yard thing is bullsh*t now. He's one of 4 players to hit this mark and it took what? Like 18 years for Marinos record to b passed yet 3 mofos did it all this year. I guarantee brees record will be beaten in a couple years, at least within the next 5. My whole point of this is that passing is alot easier now and a sh*tload of ppl will be hitting the 5k and beyond mark like it aint sh*t from now on.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy