Deron Williams not seeing the benefits of playing in big market

most viewed right now
 128
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 99
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 92
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 68
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
16 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
9436 pageviews
107 comments


JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
avatar space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
Deron Williams not seeing the benefits of playing in big market
 

 
CLEVELAND — According to Deron Williams, a potential move to Brooklyn — or any major market, for that matter — won’t increase his bottom line.

Despite speculation that Williams covets the financial windfall a.ssociated with big cities, the Nets point guard, who holds the franchise's future in his signature hand, said his free agency decision won’t be based on any uptick in endorsement money.

Williams has a sense of where he stands on Nike’s totem pole, and it might be below the profit margin.

“I’m not Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant or LeBron James,” Williams told the Daily News before scoring 16 points in Sunday’s 98-82 loss to the Cavaliers. “(Marketing value) depends on who you are, No. 1. I don’t think it’ll make a difference for me, which is why I don’t really care about big market, small market.”

Williams said he’s never been advised by Nike on how a location would boost his marketing value, and he doesn’t envision himself commanding the type of cachet that reportedly landed Derrick Rose a $250 million deal with Adidas, even as Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is promising global stardom.

Without such a lucrative endorsement deal, Williams hinted that the high cost of living in New York — where he rents a SoHo townhouse — offsets the smaller monetary bonuses of playing in a big market.

Of course, Williams would get an extra year and $30 million on his contract by re-signing with the Nets instead of another team. He has already ruled out an extension.

“I’m sure I could make a couple more hundreds of thousands or something like that a year (on endorsements), or maybe a $1 million per year,” said the 27-year-old, who is married with four children. “But you could go somewhere in Florida or Texas and you’re not losing 8% state tax, plus you don’t have a city tax, plus the cost of living isn’t two times higher than anywhere else.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

 As NJ Nets fall to Cavs in Cleveland, All-Star Deron Williams not seeing the benefits of playing in big market - NY Daily News
Sounds very ecstatic about playing and living in ny/nj........

107 comments for "Deron Williams not seeing the benefits of playing in big market"

 6 years ago '04        #2
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
avatar space
space
$18,700 | Props total: 15528 15528
High cost of living in New York? For a superstar basketball player who makes millions playing a game?

Get the fu*k outta here.
 6 years ago '09        #3
2nd2none 
space
avatar space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
in other words

"we just got sh*tted on by the cavs i'm getting the fu*k outta here"
 6 years ago '05        #4
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
avatar space
space
$37,697 | Props total: 2454 2454
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
“But you could go somewhere in Florida or Texas and you’re not losing 8% state tax, plus you don’t have a city tax, plus the cost of living isn’t two times higher than anywhere else.
Watch Out Nets Fans i think he's gunna leave
 6 years ago '10        #5
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
ummm he said he wants to win so it's not surprising...why were going after dwight............
 6 years ago '11        #6
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 2nd2none said:
in other words

"we just got sh*tted on by the cavs i'm getting the fu*k outta here"
 6 years ago '07        #7
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
meanwhile in orlando.....

JohnDenton555 John Denton
.@DwightHoward : "It's starting to remind me of team that went to Finals. Instead of pting fingers, we stick together and get the job done."

@DwightHoward getting input. He suggested a change to a play in 4th Q and told SVG it would get @JJRed!ck47 an open 3. Result: huge JJ 3.

.@DwightHoward on 4th Q play call: ``I told J.J. to get ready because the ball was coming to him. Coach put trust in my coaching skills.’’
dwight aint giving up on this team yet....


Dwill need to come out and just say the nets suck and he demands a trade to Orlando.

Come to Orlando Dwill! No state tax, low city tax, overall low cost of living, and white bi*ches with a.ss(i know you love them white girls). Plus Magic got shooters on deck.
 6 years ago '07        #8
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
mavs will be a serious team if d will goes to dallas. fu*k the mavs.....
 6 years ago '06        #9
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$40,538 | Props total: 18044 18044
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
meanwhile in orlando.....



dwight aint giving up on this team yet....


Dwill need to come out and just say the nets suck and he demands a trade to Orlando.

Come to Orlando Dwill! No state tax, low city tax, overall low cost of living, and white bi*ches with a.ss(i know you love them white girls). Plus Magic got shooters on deck.
Nets wouldnt trade him to Orlando even if he asked. If he leaves he leaves. Same with Dwight for you guys it is what it is. I dont mind Deron leaving cuz he cant carry a team by himself and we have 2 good picks in a stacked draft


Last edited by Rique; 01-02-2012 at 12:34 AM..
 01-02-2012, 12:38 AM         #10
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Smart man. He knows he'll never be the star that prokorov is telling him he will be. D-will is a great player but he doesn't have the skills that casual fans like, he's not going to jump out the building nor is he lightning fast.
 6 years ago '07        #11
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Kooper said:

[pic - click to view]

This

He's good as gone and Avery Johnson's idiotic rotation aint helpin either
 6 years ago '10        #12
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
As of now, I see Deron leaving the Nets & going to the Mavericks in the summer. Hometown, great owner, still has a superstar in Dirk. With Dwight, I'm staying put on my stance that he will resign with the Magic.

I haven't really thought of the possibility of Deron going to Florida to team up with D12 because it seems way too good to be true, but idk anymore.

One last thing that probably doesn't mean anything lol, just remember that Deron doesn't owe the Nets anything. He got traded there unknowingly he tried his best in a sticky situation, he tried to lead a team that didn't have the greatest roster & did all he could. If he leaves there shouldn't be any major backlash


Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 01-02-2012 at 12:54 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #13
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 KnicksLost said:
This

He's good as gone and Avery Johnson's idiotic rotation aint helpin either
This n*gga really had D will at the 2 with Sundiata at the 1

I'm sure Dwill came to work like fu*k this sh*t man, These n*ggas know not what they do

Also Marshon should start at the 2 seems like a preschool decision to me, I'm just sayin
 6 years ago '06        #14
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$40,538 | Props total: 18044 18044
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
As of now, I see Deron leaving the Nets & going to the Mavericks in the summer. Hometown, great owner, still has a superstar in Dirk. With Dwight, I'm staying put on my stance that he will resign with the Magic.

I haven't really thought of the possibility of Deron going to Florida to team up with D12 because it seems way too good to be true, but idk anymore.

One last thing that probably doesn't mean anything lol, just remember that Deron doesn't owe the Nets anything. He got traded there unknowingly he tried his best in a sticky situation, he tried to lead a team that didn't have the greatest roster & did all he could. If he leaves there shouldn't be any major backlash
Deron cant go to orlando they have no cao space. Yeah i aint mad at him if he leaves he isnt the type of player that could headline a brooklyn move alone either.
 6 years ago '07        #15
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,845 | Props total: 4830 4830
 refuze said:
High cost of living in New York? For a superstar basketball player who makes millions playing a game?

Get the fu*k outta here.
somethin wrong wit an athlete bein fiscally responsible?
 6 years ago '06        #16
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
He leaving any way. If I was the nets if I don't get howard then you might aswell trade d.will by trade deadline.
 6 years ago '06        #17
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$40,538 | Props total: 18044 18044
 HarbingerOfSwag said:
This n*gga really had D will at the 2 with Sundiata at the 1

I'm sure Dwill came to work like fu*k this sh*t man, These n*ggas know not what they do

Also Marshon should start at the 2 seems like a preschool decision to me, I'm just sayin
Deron wants to play off the ball. We let him basically make the whole playbook. It would work if brook wasnt hurt. the pick n roll with brook is 80% of our offense.
 6 years ago '10        #18
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
 Rique said:
Deron cant go to orlando they have no cao space. Yeah i aint mad at him if he leaves he isnt the type of player that could headline a brooklyn move alone either.
They don't? Oh well that book shut & yea it shouldn't be that big of a problem if he does decide to leave.

I can't front though, the allure of having a rich billion-dollar owner, cap space & picks for days, young stars in Marshon Brooks/Kris Humphries, starting in a new city & you're the face of the franchise? Man....that's hard to pass up.

 marcusaka50 said:
He leaving any way. If I was the nets if I don't get howard then you might aswell trade d.will by trade deadline.
Trade?

That is risky as fu*k. There is a chance he could re-sign with the Nets bruh.
 6 years ago '04        #19
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Kris Humphries is a young star?
 6 years ago '10        #20
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
 hockeythug said:
Kris Humphries is a young star?
Double-double machine. I personally think so
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 56
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
69 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 46
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy