Players: Jets WR Holmes quit on team during loss to Dolphins

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
5681 pageviews
74 comments

Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
Players: Jets WR Holmes quit on team during loss to Dolphins

[pic - click to view]

A season full of public relation nightmares for Santonio Holmes ended with another blow to the New York Jets captain's image.

Holmes was not on the field for the final two minutes of the Jets' 19-17 loss Sunday to the Miami Dolphins -- a loss that ended the team's fading playoff hopes -- and Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson said after the game Holmes was benched for behavior issues.

"There were guys in the huddle not happy with Santonio's demeanor throughout the game and in the two-minute drill," said Tomlinson, via ESPN. "And they said something to him about it."

A curt Holmes addressed the media after the game and said he wasn't sure why he wasn't playing during the final series.

"Patrick [Turner] patted me on the shoulder and told me to come (out)," Holmes said.

Jets coach Rex Ryan told reporters that Holmes wasn't benched.

"I looked out there, and I was wondering why he wasn't out there myself," Ryan said. "I didn't bench Santonio. You'll have to ask him."

A source with knowledge of the decision-making process told The Star Ledger that the decision to bench Holmes was made by offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer because he had run out of options with a player whom one Jet called a quitter.

"He quit," the player said. "It's happened for the past two to three weeks. It's happened all season."

Multiple players told the newspaper that Holmes was "moping" throughout the game, and the problems came to a head when Holmes and a teammate began arguing in a huddle during the fourth quarter.

"The worst thing that can happen, the worst thing, is when your teammates start to question your passion for the game," Tomlinson said, via The Star Ledger. "That's the worst thing. And I think in that huddle, that's what you saw. When guys looked in his eyes, and he didn't have that fire in his eyes, guys were turned off about that."

Holmes was asked at the end of his news conference if he wanted to play for the Jets next year -- Holmes signed a five-year, $50 million deal last offseason with $24 million guaranteed -- and he declined to answer the question.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

NFL.com news: Players: Jets WR Holmes quit on team during loss to Dolphins

74 comments for "Players: Jets WR Holmes quit on team during loss to Dolphins"

6 years ago '04        #2
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,676 | Props total: 783 783
dude got too much talent to go out like a b*tch like that.
 6 years ago '04        #3
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,669 | Props total: 3249 3249
Yea LT knows all too well about ppl questioning your passion for the game...he knows exactly how it feels
 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM         #4
tonyk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
got to love the honesty of the playing group to call holmes out like that. hopefully he responds in the right way and becomes a better player as a result of it.
 6 years ago '10        #5
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,200 | Props total: 11018 11018
Smokescreen...when your best WR is targeted once and ya a.ss QB only throws to TE and RBs of course a n*gga gonna be upset...this sh*t was all SAnchez fault...and if Shottenhymer took him out he didn't pull himself..smh..
 6 years ago '07        #6
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
team is a mess

Holmes is a f*ggot
 6 years ago '10        #7
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,839 | Props total: 20756 20756
 quan3106 said:
Smokescreen...when your best WR is targeted once and ya a.ss QB only throws to TE and RBs of course a n*gga gonna be upset...this sh*t was all SAnchez fault...and if Shottenhymer took him out he didn't pull himself..smh..
Ding, ding, ding we got a winner...
 6 years ago '09        #8
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,076 | Props total: 1814 1814
The good ole days...

[pic - click to view]

If he the captain though, he can't go out like that. No matter how much Sancheck is a bum and can barely get pass more than 2 reads, you gotta put the game face on and play like you wanna win.
 6 years ago '04        #9
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 2015 2015
real sad... f'n quitter.
 6 years ago '04        #10
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 glepurple said:
dude got too much talent to go out like a b*tch like that.
Does he? What has he done that has been so impressive outside of his performance in the Superbowl? He's not an elite receiver. Not even close.
 6 years ago '09        #11
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,639 | Props total: 2745 2745
I know things looked bleek, but you can't check out on your team like that.
 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM         #12
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SixOneFour said:
The good ole days...

[pic - click to view]

If he the captain though, he can't go out like that. No matter how much Sancheck is a bum and can barely get pass more than 2 reads, you gotta put the game face on and play like you wanna win.
sanchez is a bum holmes has to play through that though.
 6 years ago '10        #13
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
Does he? What has he done that has been so impressive outside of his performance in the Superbowl? He's not an elite receiver. Not even close.
They might have sucked LASTYEAR if he didn't take 5 yard passes to the house LASTYEAR in like 5 comebacks...
 6 years ago '06        #14
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
sanchez had holmes looking like a third string WR
with them garbage throws

clean house, everybody on offense got to go
 6 years ago '04        #15
knives 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
 HotBYoungTurk said:
real sad... f'n quitter.
he didn't quit, sanchez is a fu*king bum. how you only target holmes 1time? Even plax wasn't getting looks and you're trying to make the playoffs with your qb throwing picks to dt and sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #16
dannyIZA 
space
space
$561 | Props total: 7 7
i wish i could find the thread from when holmes got traded and i said wallace > holmes and everyone made fun of me, now whos laughing!?!?!??!?!
:billdat a.ss:
 6 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 quan3106 said:
They might have sucked LASTYEAR if he didn't take 5 yard passes to the house LASTYEAR in like 5 comebacks...
I don't recall it being five, but I'm not a Jets fan. That's still only one season. That in no way makes him an elite Wide Receiver with "too much talent to go out like that" His numbers were very average in Pittsburgh with a MUCH better QB and his numbers haven't been sh*t since he left.
 6 years ago '10        #18
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I don't recall it being five, but I'm not a Jets fan. That's still only one season. That in no way makes him an elite Wide Receiver with "too much talent to go out like that" His numbers were very average in Pittsburgh with a MUCH better QB and his numbers haven't been sh*t since he left.
ATLEAST 5...he may not be elite but he is a playmaker....
 6 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 steeLTown said:
he was probably like "why did i wanna leave a great organization to come play for this joke of a team "

Typical Yinzer response. Burgh n*ggas think the Steelers are the be all end all of the NFL.
 6 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 quan3106 said:
ATLEAST 5...he may not be elite but he is a playmaker....
I'll give you that. He makes more plays in NY than he did here.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy