Game Informer: "Old School gamers will freak out over next Cover"

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 dnice0589 said:

[pic - click to view]

they making a south park rpg
That was last months...we talking about this months
 6 years ago '04        #82
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
Lets be honest here, its going to be something half of us are going to be looking at like

while the other half
 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM         #83
atl12o13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freedumb said:

[pic - click to view]

Greatest.Idea.Ever.....man......we could only dream.

How about

Road Rash(Ea would screw it up though)
BattleToads and Double Dragon would be amazing
Shining Force
Actual Phantasy Star game.

I got a feeling its gonna be Rygar or Ghosts n Goblins or something though.nintendo been bringing back alot of games too though.
 6 years ago '04        #84
space
space
 XxC4xX said:
Lets be honest here, its going to be something half of us are going to be looking at like

while the other half
Yep it's going to be the Usual GI hype Machine fail...but it's fun guessing what it is to me...

I don't get hyped up over it, I just like to try to see if I can guess it...
 6 years ago '04        #85
space
space
 The S-Word said:
...Yeah, I know what you're saying about the co-op. Drop-in/Drop-out would be a logical step (The two TMNT Arcade games and the Final f!ght port immediately come to mind). @The pod race part, too. I was kinda the same way, happy I beat the first part...and still dying right after.

And yeah, those 'retardedly hard a.ss games' you mention do have you on some 'Hate/Love' sh!t A few other series with hard (Though not ridiculously hard like the above two) games I can't stop playing are Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man, and Ninja Gaiden. Case in point: I was clowning people who were b!tching about Mega Man 9's difficulty when it's actually one of the easier games in the series, especially compared to the first one. And I always get to the same point in the first two NES Ninja Gaiden games near the end, and die. And die. And die. I finally said 'fu*k it...' And still play both to this day

...Yeah, it was definitely an overlooked game, both the Arcade and SNES versions. Hell, I'd always heard of the game, but hadn't played it until years later (Like 10 years ago ). In short, it's another Konami classic (Do they even make bad games?)...
yeah those games I am talking about... Ghouls n Ghosts (Ghosts n Goblins), Battletoads, Contra, and Devil May Cry 3 (Try it on the Dante MUST DIE! setting, and I know it's not really Old School but hard liek Old school games) and let me know how many controllers you break... Castlevania never seemed that hard to me, a couple parts yeah but overall it was never a hard game... now Ninja Gaiden I actually forgot how hard that game was so add that to the four I just listed and make it Five then)...I just miss the HARD Single Player games from back in the day...
 6 years ago '04        #86
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,678 | Props total: 1300 1300
...Anybody mention Streets of Rage? A new one would be great, especially considering 3 was kind of a letdown (Yeah, I said it).

Da Ill One said:
yeah those games I am talking about... Ghouls n Ghosts (Ghosts n Goblins), Battletoads, Contra, and Devil May Cry 3 (Try it on the Dante MUST DIE! setting, and I know it's not really Old School but hard liek Old school games) and let me know how many controllers you break... Castlevania never seemed that hard to me, a couple parts yeah but overall it was never a hard game... now Ninja Gaiden I actually forgot how hard that game was so add that to the four I just listed and make it Five then)...I just miss the HARD Single Player games from back in the day...
...Yeah, I've heard about DMC3's difficulty (Isn't that the one where people b!tched so much about the game's difficulty that Capcom re-released an easier version? ), though you must be a beast to say the Castlevania games (At least all but the second one) weren't hard. True, the older ones are very pattern-reliant, but they're not walks in the park, either (Damn Medusa heads ).

And yeah, the Ninja Gaiden games were always a problem (I hear Ninja Gaiden III on NES has some damn near Battletoads-like difficulty). But yeah, I've been saying for a while now that gamers today are kinda spoiled, difficulty/gameplay wise, and freak out when really hard games like NG, DMC3Dark & Demon's Souls, etc. come around because they're not used to the hardcore difficulty those games have.
 6 years ago '04        #87
space
space
 The S-Word said:
...Anybody mention Streets of Rage? A new one would be great, especially considering 3 was kind of a letdown (Yeah, I said it).

...Yeah, I've heard about DMC3's difficulty (Isn't that the one where people b!tched so much about the game's difficulty that Capcom re-released an easier version? ), though you must be a beast to say the Castlevania games (At least all but the second one) weren't hard. True, the older ones are very pattern-reliant, but they're not walks in the park, either (Damn Medusa heads ).

And yeah, the Ninja Gaiden games were always a problem (I hear Ninja Gaiden III on NES has some damn near Battletoads-like difficulty). But yeah, I've been saying for a while now that gamers today are kinda spoiled, difficulty/gameplay wise, and freak out when really hard games like NG, DMC3Dark & Demon's Souls, etc. come around because they're not used to the hardcore difficulty those games have.
I don't know if i'd say I was/am a Beast...but you know people always have that one game that they are just a "natural" at more than some other games...for me it was Castlevania, I just was good at it from first time i touched the sticks on it... can't say that for other games, but Castlevania, Resident Evil 1, and and R-Type...I could just play and was good at them...
 6 years ago '07        #88
Royce207 
space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 3 3
 berzerkerguts said:
also....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

i remember this sh*t back on that msdos/windows 95 .. was literally the only game had i access to other then wolfenstein...

Last edited by Royce207; 01-02-2012 at 04:32 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #89
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443
Altered beast... Do it
 6 years ago '04        #90
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 atl12o13 said:
Greatest.Idea.Ever.....man......we could only dream.

How about

Road Rash(Ea would screw it up though)
BattleToads and Double Dragon would be amazing
Shining Force
Actual Phantasy Star game.

I got a feeling its gonna be Rygar or Ghosts n Goblins or something though.nintendo been bringing back alot of games too though.
No i'd rather have PSO2

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

y
 01-03-2012, 10:17 PM         #91
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k PSO if you gotta pay (extra)

i played the original PSO on Dreamcast and it still remains one of the greatest experiences in my life. but once they added that "Hunter's Pass" to pay $15 a month it was over with the quickness.
 6 years ago '04        #92
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
fu*k PSO if you gotta pay (extra)

i played the original PSO on Dreamcast and it still remains one of the greatest experiences in my life. but once they added that "Hunter's Pass" to pay $15 a month it was over with the quickness.
pso on dc was pretty much free, even when ver 2 dropped after awhile that became free. i dont remember if pso ep 1 and 2 were 10 or 15. but psu im pretty sure was 15.

either way i supported it enough to play thru the lifespan of pso. i didnt really like psu as much, that sh*t was too much of a grind fest.
 01-04-2012, 07:49 PM         #93
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxC4xX said:
pso on dc was pretty much free, even when ver 2 dropped after awhile that became free. i dont remember if pso ep 1 and 2 were 10 or 15. but psu im pretty sure was 15.

either way i supported it enough to play thru the lifespan of pso. i didnt really like psu as much, that sh*t was too much of a grind fest.
I think it was Ep 1 and 2 when they started the Hunter's pass. Im not sure that was almost a decade ago, but i know it was a change during that time because i went from playing it 24/7 to dropping it completely when they did that
 01-04-2012, 09:39 PM         #94
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some of the games mentioned on here...my childhood
 6 years ago '04        #95
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
i think i need to hit amazon and cop some ps1 classics
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy