Cam Newton blames Jamarcus Russell for making it hard for the Black NFL QBs

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
bottom line is the only person cam should be trying to prove something to is himself. he shouldnt be worried about how prejudice people perceive him and he shouldnt be trying to prove to people that he is not another jamarcus or vince young. his performance on the field will speak for itself. no need to bootlick, kowtow or throw other black qbs under the bus.
 12-29-2011, 08:55 PM         #62
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
bottom line is the only person cam should be trying to prove something to is himself. he shouldnt be worried about how prejudice people perceive him and he shouldnt be trying to prove to people that he is not another jamarcus or vince young. his performance on the field will speak for itself. no need to bootlick, kowtow or throw other black qbs under the bus.
Thank you. It don't even seem like white people asked him to suck d!ck. He just came in and got on his knees.
 6 years ago '07        #63
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 ondatpurple said:
Truth. I think him bringing up the other guys is a cop out and bullsh*t excuse but Cam will be alright.
 6 years ago '04        #64
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
i dont see how he blames vince young for anything. all he ever did was win. and sh*t many players have off the field issues, at every position, so thats a moot point, and vince did work on his game a ton, he has many ppl in his corner backing him up with that. furthermore vince has been to the playoffs, pro bowl twice, which is more than a lotta qbs that come to the league plus has a winning record still as a starter. hes an idiot for that. jamarcus could have done better, but to be fair, he didnt have a whole lot around him either in oakland. the reason so many blacks face adversity is because the media and a lot of these traditional coaches want to keep the QB position white, because the primary demographic of the nfl, which is mid american white folks, like to see white qbs because validates that bullsh*t notion that whites are the leaders and thinkers on the teams, which is flawed in so many respcts. and the league is trying very hard to protect that type of QB, in the midst of an overtake by more athletically capable QBs who can do things on the move, which would include more black qbs.

and to you dudes talking that "race card" bullsh*t. you need to look up the history and manifestations of racism in the media and pop culture as well as read Third and a Mile, which details the historic struggles of black qbs in the NFL and read about joe gilliam, doug williams, and people like eldrige d!ckey, who outplayed kenny stabler, but because he was black couldnt get the job for hte raiders. race is definitely an issue and its not all in someones head. its institutional.
 6 years ago '10        #65
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,227 | Props total: 11113 11113
them n*ggas aint work hard....who the last high black draft pick pre Cam...them n*ggas...some lazy a.ss not tryna get better unprofessional a.ss n*ggas...black qbs are fewer then there are even less GOOD early first round black qbs...like it or not...fair or unfair they all impact each other...
 6 years ago '06        #66
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 quan3106 said:
them n*ggas aint work hard....who the last high black draft pick pre Cam...them n*ggas...some lazy a.ss not tryna get better unprofessional a.ss n*ggas...black qbs are fewer then there are even less GOOD early first round black qbs...like it or not...fair or unfair they all impact each other...
was I believe or VY
 6 years ago '04        #67
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 quan3106 said:
how the fu*k you know if they work hard or not? define working hard and tell me what those guys didnt do. especially vince. how you gonna say a playoff QB, 31-19 as a starter, pro bowler, who improved his passing despite having sh*tty receivers, not work hard. you are stupid as fu*k dude. matter of fact, vince got rookie of the year, AND had a better winning percentage his rookie year than cam. the fu*k you talkin about? the rookie rushing record he broke was held by who? VINCE. no, you dont throw ppl under the bus when you dont know their situation. and your analysis that black qbs not being as prevalent is stupid considering how difficult it is for black qbs to get opportunities. and yes they impact each other because the media makes it that way, but you dont see them do white guys like that when david carr, ryan leaf, his teammate clausen, and other white guys suck a.ss. the nfl has always been racially biased and thats not really a secret. but a young qb like him saying out of line sh*t, isnt a good look. you dont sh*t on other black qbs like that, like i said, when you dont understand the situation. hes no more of a choir boy than those guys, his a.ss was stealing sh*t and taking money, he has no right to talk about what makes a qb look bad. gtfoh and he needs to shut up and play football
 6 years ago '08        #68
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,827 | Props total: 12541 12541
 jplaydadon said:
how the fu*k you know if they work hard or not? define working hard and tell me what those guys didnt do. especially vince. how you gonna say a playoff QB, 31-19 as a starter, pro bowler, who improved his passing despite having sh*tty receivers, not work hard. you are stupid as fu*k dude. matter of fact, vince got rookie of the year, AND had a better winning percentage his rookie year than cam. the fu*k you talkin about? the rookie rushing record he broke was held by who? VINCE. no, you dont throw ppl under the bus when you dont know their situation. and your analysis that black qbs not being as prevalent is stupid considering how difficult it is for black qbs to get opportunities. and yes they impact each other because the media makes it that way, but you dont see them do white guys like that when david carr, ryan leaf, his teammate clausen, and other white guys suck a.ss. the nfl has always been racially biased and thats not really a secret. but a young qb like him saying out of line sh*t, isnt a good look. you dont sh*t on other black qbs like that, like i said, when you dont understand the situation. hes no more of a choir boy than those guys, his a.ss was stealing sh*t and taking money, he has no right to talk about what makes a qb look bad. gtfoh and he needs to shut up and play football

Great post.
 6 years ago '07        #69
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 jplaydadon said:
:applause:
 12-29-2011, 10:18 PM         #70
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats the problem with blacks,,,always grouping themselves, cant never just be an individual
 6 years ago '04        #71
htown 
space
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 759 759
 Majestic_GMMB said:
See that's why I posted that other thread because this was going to become some black on black (or pretending their black) agrument....and it don't matter what I state because anything I say will be "homerish".....As soon as Cam says there is racism...White America will blow up on him because they don't want to face the truth and the same stupid fu*king idiots calling a "****" will say he dumb for speaking the truth....Its a lose-lose...
nah, I will actually give him props because he won't be some bootlickin house boy...I'm willing to bet when he's with the fam or at the barbershop, he didn't say race played no part with his criticism. I don't even really blame him because he's young as hell, but he'll see once the sh*t hits the fan...them same peckerwoods you're trying to appease will fry your a.ss in a heartbeat.
 6 years ago '04        #72
htown 
space
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
pretty much my sentiment
 6 years ago '04        #73
htown 
space
space
space
 DrX said:
thats the problem with blacks,,,always grouping themselves, cant never just be an individual
from the article it sounds more like whites are trying to group blacks
 6 years ago '04        #74
htown 
space
space
space
 jplaydadon said:
i dont see how he blames vince young for anything. all he ever did was win. and sh*t many players have off the field issues, at every position, so thats a moot point, and vince did work on his game a ton, he has many ppl in his corner backing him up with that. furthermore vince has been to the playoffs, pro bowl twice, which is more than a lotta qbs that come to the league plus has a winning record still as a starter. hes an idiot for that. jamarcus could have done better, but to be fair, he didnt have a whole lot around him either in oakland. the reason so many blacks face adversity is because the media and a lot of these traditional coaches want to keep the QB position white, because the primary demographic of the nfl, which is mid american white folks, like to see white qbs because validates that bullsh*t notion that whites are the leaders and thinkers on the teams, which is flawed in so many respcts. and the league is trying very hard to protect that type of QB, in the midst of an overtake by more athletically capable QBs who can do things on the move, which would include more black qbs.

and to you dudes talking that "race card" bullsh*t. you need to look up the history and manifestations of racism in the media and pop culture as well as read Third and a Mile, which details the historic struggles of black qbs in the NFL and read about joe gilliam, doug williams, and people like eldrige d!ckey, who outplayed kenny stabler, but because he was black couldnt get the job for hte raiders. race is definitely an issue and its not all in someones head. its institutional.
real sh*t...that's what I tell my folks, they want to keep the last "great" bastion of American sports white...just look at how many chances these woods get...Culpepper has to beg to just be a 4th string qb, but d!ckmouths like Kyle Boller will be in the league for at least ten years total when it's all said and down
 12-29-2011, 11:28 PM         #75
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 htown said:
real sh*t...that's what I tell my folks, they want to keep the last "great" bastion of American sports white...just look at how many chances these woods get...Culpepper has to beg to just be a 4th string qb, but d!ckmouths like Kyle Boller will be in the league for at least ten years total when it's all said and down
 6 years ago '11        #76
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,249 | Props total: 1277 1277
 htown said:
 6 years ago '04        #77
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 Cheeze said:
 SomeOnesoN said:
so what are you idiots face palming about? explain...
 12-30-2011, 12:20 AM         #78
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
so what are you idiots face palming about? explain...
the whole keep the last "great" bastion of American sports white line....you dumbasses realize there are more black players in the NFL than white people right? its like 65-70 to 25-30 black/white..... If you're going to be bigots at least know what you're talking about first.

Culpepper is also 34...I mean really...are you retarded? Why do you think McNabb isn't out there? Cause THE MAN wanted to put his WHITE QB out there? Or was it cause McNabb wasn't doing anything and they wanted to see what Ponder could do since they drafted him in the 1st round and wanted him to get experience?

Last edited by Cheeze; 12-30-2011 at 12:23 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #79
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 Cheeze said:
the whole keep the last "great" bastion of American sports white line....you dumbasses realize there are more black players in the NFL than white people right? its like 65-70 to 25-30 black/white..... If you're going to be bigots at least know what you're talking about first.

Culpepper is also 34...I mean really...are you retarded? Why do you think McNabb isn't out there? Cause THE MAN wanted to put his WHITE QB out there? Or was it cause McNabb wasn't doing anything and they wanted to see what Ponder could do since they drafted him in the 1st round and wanted him to get experience?
my gosh you are stupid. he meant the quarterback position in the NFL you dumbass. which the nfl has HISTORICALLY held on to for white players because its a.ssociations with intelligence and leadership, which are traits the average NFL consumer and ticket holder, which are white mid american, and middle to upper class males, hold dear. have you not heard of the racism blacks have encountered playing the position? or the insinuations that blacks are not intelligent enough to play the position in the media or blatantly by fans? you cant be serious. and is making the point that several white qbs have a longer leash than black qbs with no merit. as*hole david carr got TWO big contracts with the texans, and never won sh*t. even got several more jobs as a backup after that. there are plenty of whites that get opportunities that blacks dont get. thats the point he was making and hes completely right. the fu*k are you talking about. and how are we being biggots?
 6 years ago '06        #80
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 Cheeze said:

This...

True there aren't very many black qbs, but Blacks dominate the landscape in 2 of the major 4 sports in America. I don't agree with Cam's comments, but I am not surprised by them either. But I think it is important that we pay homage to

Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy