Cam Newton blames Jamarcus Russell for making it hard for the Black NFL QBs

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
7049 pageviews
116 comments

BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
Cam Newton blames Jamarcus Russell for making it hard for the Black NFL QBs

Despite all of the success he's enjoyed during his rookie season in the NFL, we haven't heard a whole hell of a lot from Cam Newton. Part of that is because so many people took shots at him before he even played a single down in the league, so he refused to do many interviews throughout the season. Until now. Recently, he sat down with ESPN The Mag to discuss his success, transitioning to the NFL, and, most notably, his critics. And, in doing so, he took a couple of shots at some of his fellow black quarterbacks who have gone high in the NFL Draft in recent years.

"I can't sit up here and look at it like, oh man, my critics are racist," Newton said. "I blame JaMarcus Russell and, to some degreee, Vince Young. If you have the opportunity to make that kind of money doing something you love to do, why would you screw it up? I'm trying to be a trailblazer. If Baylor's Robert Griffin decides to come out, I want people to say, 'He can be the next Cam Newton,' instead of 'He's gonna be the next JaMarcus Russell.'"

The guy's got a point. There haven't been a ton of black quarterbacks who have been successful in the NFL. And those that have have been overshadowed recently by the shortcomings of Russell, Young, and other high draft picks who never really lived up to their potential. His comments won't earn Cam any new friends, but hey, he's just being honest. And after almost an entire season of silence, that's nice to hear.

[pic - click to view]

Cam Newton Blames JaMarcus Russell For Making It Hard For Black NFL Quarterbacks to Be Successful | Complex

image Arrive
image Get Paid
image Leave

116 comments for "Cam Newton blames Jamarcus Russell for making it hard for the Black NFL QBs"

6 years ago '04        #2
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,121 | Props total: 1155 1155
off topic --- but why n*ggas bitin cam superman sh*t.

im watchin this bowl game and some DB from texas just did it.
 6 years ago '08        #3
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
lmao that sh*t is ether. Jamarcus Russell did to us what Ryan Leaf did to white people. But Jamarcus probably doesnt even care because he's probably in his huge house right now sitting back in an expensive jacuzzi made out of marble with a cuban cigar in his mouth and several white bi*ches on his arm. He could care less.
 6 years ago '07        #4
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,628 | Props total: 3274 3274

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #5
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space

ghost8 said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #6
xslick504 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,864 | Props total: 1684 1684
 Pastor Flo said:
cam mad
arrive
get paid
leave
/thread

12-29-2011, 02:18 PM         #7
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love Cam as a QB, but everytime I read his interviews, I realize that he sucks as a human.....as if Russell and Young set out to suck. Its the league, some people make it some don't. Tebow gets lucky a few times and all of the sudden he's heralded as the next great white hype. Meanwhile, my boy Cam is lighting them up and you don't hear much. OF COURSE IT'S RACISM! Successful Black people are so scared of stating the obvious sometimes..The league was never friendly to Black QBs. WTF is Cam talking about?!
 6 years ago '04        #8
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,313 | Props total: 3917 3917
Cam = real talk! I like what he's doing and how he carries himself. He has basically made Mike Mayock look like an unqualified jack a.ss when it comes to evaluating draft talent.

Responses in this thread = fu*kin'
 6 years ago '07        #9
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
He's right.
 6 years ago '08        #10
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,856 | Props total: 9178 9178
dudes full of sh*t
 12-29-2011, 02:23 PM         #11
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chief Dee said:
lmao that sh*t is ether. Jamarcus Russell did to us what Ryan Leaf did to white people. But Jamarcus probably doesnt even care because he's probably in his huge house right now sitting back in an expensive jacuzzi made out of marble with a cuban cigar in his mouth and several white bi*ches on his arm. He could care less.
lmao white ppl haven't been affected one bit by Leaf's epic fail
 6 years ago '04        #12
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,445 | Props total: 6517 6517
him "allegedly" stealing a laptop and his dad selling his services didn't exactly help
 6 years ago '06        #13
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
 biscuit said:
Cam = real talk! I like what he's doing and how he carries himself. He has basically made Mike Mayock look like an unqualified jack a.ss when it comes to evaluating draft talent.

Responses in this thread = fu*kin'
Mayock was wrong about Cam doesnt mean he is unqualified

Cam can't blame the plight of the black qb on either. Quincy Carter and that cocaine usage may have a bit to do with it.
 6 years ago '11        #14
Aces Up 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,426 | Props total: 752 752
was an innovator! He's given athletes in all sports the prototype on what to do:

Pastor Flo said:
arrive
get paid
leave
And one more for good measure
 6 years ago '05        #15
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,232 | Props total: 15793 15793
Trust me, it was already hard for black QB's before russell sorry a.ss

I don't think the whole russell situation made it any worse.
 12-29-2011, 03:12 PM         #16
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2 more years Russell will be lookin' like the beggin' a.ss n*gga I give change to e'time I go to get gas.
 6 years ago '05        #17
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,511 | Props total: 4427 4427
 dlettern said:
I love Cam as a QB, but everytime I read his interviews, I realize that he sucks as a human.....as if Russell and Young set out to suck. Its the league, some people make it some don't. Tebow gets lucky a few times and all of the sudden he's heralded as the next great white hype. Meanwhile, my boy Cam is lighting them up and you don't hear much. OF COURSE IT'S RACISM! Successful Black people are so scared of stating the obvious sometimes..The league was never friendly to Black QBs. WTF is Cam talking about?!
He's talking about how Russell showed up over weight to camp. And how Vince Young went crazy over the fans booing them, not their actual lack of skills themselves, rather their non existent work ethics to improve.

He's saying these guys had all these skills, but didn't want to put in the time to learn to utilize them all.
 12-29-2011, 03:41 PM         #18
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
He's talking about how Russell showed up over weight to camp. And how Vince Young went crazy over the fans booing them, not their actual lack of skills themselves, rather their non existent work ethics to improve.

He's saying these guys had all these skills, but didn't want to put in the time to learn to utilize them all.
I hear you....to an extent. I don't think neither of them purposely set out to fail. They just had horrible work ethics coming into the league. That being said, they really aren't the reason that he's not getting shine. He should remember how highly touted Vick was before the dog fiasco. You can get lucky a few times like Tebow and get talked about in the 10 o'clock news. Cats doggin' Young, but Orton was allowed redemption
 6 years ago '04        #19
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Hmm i guess he forgetting all the sh*t he did. Young and Russell didnt get kicked out of college for stealing or get investigated by the NCAA. I hate when black people do stuff like this.

I mean black QBs in general don't get as many chances as white QBs. But oh well he Cam Newton.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by jlandryst; 12-29-2011 at 03:50 PM..
 12-29-2011, 04:09 PM         #20
Bangladesh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oakland needs to bring back Jon gruden or they will never win again...

Sunday cowboys beating the giants bet my left pinky toe
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy