Dec 28 - Robin Thicke Says Black Women Arenít Better Off with White Men

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-28-2011, 06:59 AM         #1
7224 pageviews
62 comments

ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 28 - Robin Thicke Says Black Women Arenít Better Off with White Men

[pic - click to view]

Paula Patton and her husband Robin Thicke definitely know how to make marriage look good, from Paparazzi shots of the two out and about to Red Carpet debuts, and even his music videos.

With the release of his new album, ďLove After War,Ē Essence chatted with Robin about what separates him from other artists and his thoughts on black women and love. Hereís what he had to say:

On people getting married and making love to his music

To be a part of your biggest days ó you know your child being conceived or born, or you walking down the aisle ó thereís really nothing sweeter. Thatís the truth.

Itís actually the best thing. Itís nice if you can make someone drop it like itís hot, or pop a bottle. But weíre always dropping it and popping it. What I realize about the difference between me and my peers ó you know, Chris Brown and Drizzy Drake and all my musical peers ó is that they havenít been with the same woman for 18 years and Iíve been with a Black woman for 18 years. Iíve never dated a White woman. Donít want to. Iíve never been on a date with a White woman. When you have that relationship and that means the most to you ó you know I canít live without that woman, she is my muse, my best friend, and my creative partner. I didnít have a great relationship with my mom and she didnít have a great relationship with her dad and we became that for each other. Sheís my mama and Iím her daddy. I even call her mama and she calls me daddy. We are that to each other.

On being misunderstood

A lot of mainstream magazines, like SPIN and Rolling Stone, they still donít get me. They canít figure out how a funny guy with a dad on a sitcom can have a 90 percent Black female audience. Itís never happened before. I didnít plan it that way. I just love the music and I love my wife and she is a strong Black woman, so if my wife doesnít like it, how can the other Black women like it? If my wife approves of the song, Iím doing it.

On whether black women are better off with white men
I think thatís ridiculous. There are so many good Black men out there that are hardworking, decent, and handsome, you know? To start that rumor is as bad as starting any other negative rumor. There are great Black men out there. There are only a few good White men ó trust me. (Laughs) Good luck finding a good White man who understands your journey. I only have three White friends. Iíve got 20 Black male friends, who are all good men who take good care of their wives, and good care of their children. I know amazing Black men. Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe youíre being too stubborn. Maybe youíre not saying youíre sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.

Eighteen years to this man? I think Paulaís got a good thing going. What do you think about what he had to say?

[pic - click to view]

Source

62 comments for "Dec 28 - Robin Thicke Says Black Women Arenít Better Off with White Men"

6 years ago '07        #2
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
I think that’s ridiculous. There are so many good Black men out there that are hardworking, decent, and handsome, you know? To start that rumor is as bad as starting any other negative rumor. There are great Black men out there. There are only a few good White men — trust me. (Laughs) Good luck finding a good White man who understands your journey. I only have three White friends. I’ve got 20 Black male friends, who are all good men who take good care of their wives, and good care of their children. I know amazing Black men. Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe you’re being too stubborn. Maybe you’re not saying you’re sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.
well said Mr. Thicke.

people use the black-marriage stats as well as single mother stats to say black men are lazy and don't take of their kids but just because someone isn't married to their kids mother doesn't mean they don't take care of their kids or that black men are players and don't know how to commit.

also people end to abuse the definition of "single mother". single parenthood just means you're whom the child physically lives with most of the time. it doesn't mean the other parent isn't in the child's life.

its sad what people interpret from statistics.
 6 years ago '06        #3
G2MC 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,382 | Props total: 989 989
It's not about color it's about mentality.

Is the person you're with mentality ready and capable to be a part of real dedicated relationship?

That's a question of mentality not color.
 6 years ago '11        #4
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
y is it always abt race
 6 years ago '07        #5
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
he knew that he has exactly 20 black friends
 12-28-2011, 07:00 PM         #6
lifeundthescope  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4o 0z said:
y is it always abt race
Because race is a factor in the United States and should be talked about. Deal with it.

Last edited by lifeundthescope; 12-28-2011 at 07:06 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #7
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
 Pistol Peter said:
 6 years ago '04        #8
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 4o 0z said:
y is it always abt race
Unfortunately that's the society that we live in. It is what it is. Good read.
 12-28-2011, 07:08 PM         #9
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 khaos said:

[pic - click to view]

Paula Patton and her husband Robin Thicke definitely know how to make marriage look good, from Paparazzi shots of the two out and about to Red Carpet debuts, and even his music videos.

With the release of his new album, ďLove After War,Ē Essence chatted with Robin about what separates him from other artists and his thoughts on black women and love. Hereís what he had to say:

On people getting married and making love to his music

To be a part of your biggest days ó you know your child being conceived or born, or you walking down the aisle ó thereís really nothing sweeter. Thatís the truth.

Itís actually the best thing. Itís nice if you can make someone drop it like itís hot, or pop a bottle. But weíre always dropping it and popping it. What I realize about the difference between me and my peers ó you know, Chris Brown and Drizzy Drake and all my musical peers ó is that they havenít been with the same woman for 18 years and Iíve been with a Black woman for 18 years. Iíve never dated a White woman. Donít want to. Iíve never been on a date with a White woman. When you have that relationship and that means the most to you ó you know I canít live without that woman, she is my muse, my best friend, and my creative partner. I didnít have a great relationship with my mom and she didnít have a great relationship with her dad and we became that for each other. Sheís my mama and Iím her daddy. I even call her mama and she calls me daddy. We are that to each other.

On being misunderstood

A lot of mainstream magazines, like SPIN and Rolling Stone, they still donít get me. They canít figure out how a funny guy with a dad on a sitcom can have a 90 percent Black female audience. Itís never happened before. I didnít plan it that way. I just love the music and I love my wife and she is a strong Black woman, so if my wife doesnít like it, how can the other Black women like it? If my wife approves of the song, Iím doing it.

I think thatís ridiculous. There are so many good Black men out there that are hardworking, decent, and handsome, you know? To start that rumor is as bad as starting any other negative rumor. There are great Black men out there. There are only a few good White men ó trust me. (Laughs) Good luck finding a good White man who understands your journey. I only have three White friends. Iíve got 20 Black male friends, who are all good men who take good care of their wives, and good care of their children. I know amazing Black men. Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe youíre being too stubborn. Maybe youíre not saying youíre sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.

Eighteen years to this man? I think Paulaís got a good thing going. What do you think about what he had to say?

This. White men spent centuries putting down their own women you think they're going to consider a black women their equal?
 6 years ago '06        #10
T.C_So_Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 73 73
 Magic City said:

Is the person you're with mentality ready and capable to be a part of real dedicated relationship?

Yall better listen to this man !!
 6 years ago '04        #11
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
That k!lls a lot of his fans' dreams

most of his fans are lonely a.ss black women that think some white man will show up on her front door and save her
 6 years ago '10        #12
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13677 13677
this coming from a white mane?
 6 years ago '06        #13
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
This dude needs to shut the fu*k up. I know he's pandering to his fans and wants to drum up some extra support with his main fan base, but seriously shut the fu*k up. To say that there aren't any good white or black men out there is plain stupid and ignorant, just like it's ignorant to say that any race has better man than the next race. In an attempt to sound cultured he sounds like a f'king moron and I can speak from experience because I've dated black, white, and spanish women and it all comes down to personal taste and what that individual female has to offer.

We need to move the fu*k on in this country and stop trying to downgrade entire races of people all the time, but as long as there's idiots like this in the public eye making ignorant statements it's never going to happen because his followers will buy into it.
 6 years ago '05        #14
Mannish-Yay 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 2474 2474
 Pistol Peter said:
 6 years ago '06        #15
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10697 10697
This dude annoys me for some reason...

Tries way too hard to be down...reminds me of self hating people

Is white but

Would never date a white woman
has all black friends
basically says white men suck and black men are great

Shut up son...ur trying too hard
 6 years ago '06        #16
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,749 | Props total: 1187 1187
 philly337 said:
This dude annoys me for some reason...

Tries way too hard to be down...reminds me of self hating people

Is white but

Would never date a white woman
has all black friends
basically says white men suck and black men are great

Shut up son...ur trying too hard
Blacks are a large part of his demographic. At least he knows what not to say
 6 years ago '11        #17
panelas 31 heat pts31
space
space
$778 | Props total: 2 2
this guys a fu*kin looser
 6 years ago '08        #18
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,032 | Props total: 5818 5818
 4o 0z said:
y is it always abt race
Because n*ggas like you are too lazy
 6 years ago '04        #19
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
he is over doing the a.ss kissing a little... but nothing wrong with that, its a fresh change from the usual racists out there
 12-28-2011, 09:17 PM         #20
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he made very clear what he meant to say...i can understand that. but also...

Magic City said:

!!!

Pistol Peter said:
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? ďEnough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy