5 Rappers Currently Better Than Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-25-2011, 07:23 PM         #101
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fade said:
I don't know why you're suggesting that we debate flow right now. I never once hinted that Jay's flow on the album was wack or anything, just that his lyrics weren't up to par. That has nothing to do with how well he rapped or lack thereof...

Let me ask you something. On the songs you listed are the entire songs about the things you mentioned or are they wrapped in luxury bars? Because that's all I heard from him on WTT. I've listened to the album back & front 4 times. Having a few bars here & there that aren't the typical luxury sh*t DOES NOT mean he wasn't on his luxury sh*t the rest of the album.

Sit here & tell me that WTT was a seriously lyrical album from Jay. Key word, ALBUM...
I suggest you relisten or at least look at the lyrics if you think you hear luxury bars as much as you claim to. Don't hear nothing about bigging his cars, woman, or money on the songs I named plus murder To Excellence which I forgot to add on. Yeah the album as a whole isn't socially aware or anything but you can say the same thing for every Jay album. Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 1, etc. That's what Jay is, a BRAGGADOCIOS rapper, he just has songs with substance when he needs to. If it's barely irking you that it's not considered lyrical then you really haven't listened to Jay much.

And not even debating flow, just pretty much the entire package as a lyricist. Would you say someone who's not rhyming, flowing off beat, with no mic presence whatsoever but still talks about real sh*t can be considered a good lyricist? Substance alone doesn't make lyricism, I don't think Common was great nor bad on TD/TB, just disappointing from what I expected with those amazing beats No ID produced. Pusha pretty much did that Sweet beat justice by freestyling over it.
 6 years ago '07        #102
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 Fade said:
...Read that last line again & tell me you still agree with what you wrote. Since when is substance rap NOT lyrical ability?

I'd much rather hear a verse with substance & a boring flow than a sick flow where they're just rhyming words. HOW you rap doesn't have anything to do with it for me.

Yes you can. That's all WTT is, Ye & Jay trading luxury bars. Don't tell me you're a delusional Jay fan that thinks ALL of his lines are a double entendre. You're smarter than that Karamu...
damn FADE....

for some reason I always thought you were just some "production over lyrics" dumb a.ss teenager

good sh*t.
 6 years ago '11        #103
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Karamu said:
I suggest you relisten or at least look at the lyrics if you think you hear luxury bars as much as you claim to. Don't hear nothing about bigging his cars, woman, or money on the songs I named plus murder To Excellence which I forgot to add on. Yeah the album as a whole isn't socially aware or anything but you can say the same thing for every Jay album. Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 1, etc. That's what Jay is, a BRAGGADOCIOS rapper, he just has songs with substance when he needs to. If it's barely irking you that it's not considered lyrical then you really haven't listened to Jay much.
You're right, I don't fu*k with Jay for this very reason & that's why he isn't in mah top 5. I don't want to, but I might listen to the album again & read the lyrics as I go. But I highly doubt that I'll see anything that time around that I didn't the other 4 times. I'm pretty sure he mixed those verses with other luxury/"braggadocio" bars which was my point from jump street.

Karamu said:
And not even debating flow, just pretty much the entire package as a lyricist. Would you say someone who's not rhyming, flowing off beat, with no mic presence whatsoever but still talks about real sh*t can be considered a good lyricist? Substance alone doesn't make lyricism, I don't think Common was great nor bad on TD/TB, just disappointing from what I expected with those amazing beats No ID produced. Pusha pretty much did that Sweet beat justice by freestyling over it.
Is that entire first sentence about Common? Because if it is :smhlol: (<- we need a smiley for that)

Common on TD/TB >>> Jay on WTT like I said. His flow was better than Jay's (dude kept pausing like he had to catch his breath, the fu*k was that?), that's not even debatable. If you think it is listen to Ghetto Dreams. /argument
 6 years ago '04        #104
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
Budden is one of the few rappers that has flow but is still boring and wack as fu*k
 6 years ago '11        #105
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:
damn FADE....

for some reason I always thought you were just some "production over lyrics" dumb a.ss teenager

good sh*t.
Nope. To me they go hand in hand. Sometimes one outshines the other but it is what it is. I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of ill production & lame lyrics in the same package. The fu*k I look like bangin some Juicy J / Waka / Gucci? That's not Fade at all bruh
 6 years ago '07        #106
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
Budden is one of the few rappers that has flow but is still boring and wack as fu*k
you also think The Recession is better then MMLP

get the fu*k off this website
 6 years ago '04        #107
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
you heard the album 4 times? lmao

a whole 4 times? lmao

you opinion is null n void

the song ghetto dreams is about fukkin bi*ches, where's the substance in that?

just shut the fukk up
 12-25-2011, 07:39 PM         #108
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fade said:
You're right, I don't fu*k with Jay for this very reason & that's why he isn't in mah top 5. I don't want to, but I might listen to the album again & read the lyrics as I go. But I highly doubt that I'll see anything that time around that I didn't the other 4 times. I'm pretty sure he mixed those verses with other luxury/"braggadocio" bars which was my point from jump street.

Is that entire first sentence about Common? Because if it is :smhlol: (<- we need a smiley for that)

Common on TD/TB >>> Jay on WTT like I said. His flow was better than Jay's (dude kept pausing like he had to catch his breath, the fu*k was that?), that's not even debatable. If you think it is listen to Ghetto Dreams. /argument
na i wasn't talking about Common, just using an example that people base substance to highly for lyricism(my opinion some may not agree)

I disagree again, Jay's flow was hungrier, people say he paused on the entire album but in reality it was only noticeable on Who Gon Stop me second verse and Made In America. His flow was fantastic on Why I Love You, n*ggas In Paris, Otis and Welcome To The Jungle. On top of that some of his wordplay was RIDICULOUS, again I'm not saying it's more important than substance but I'm sure you'll at least agree these are impressive.

I'll just agree to disagree with you here because I don't see a middle point to this conversation
 6 years ago '11        #109
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Young Hov said:
you heard the album 4 times? lmao

a whole 4 times? lmao

you opinion is null n void

the song ghetto dreams is about fukkin bi*ches, where's the substance in that?

just shut the fukk up
n*gga considering all of the different artists I listen to in addition to the fact that I HATE that album 4 is more than enough.

When I mentioned Ghetto Dreams I was talkin about flow only, not substance. Stop jumpin into sh*t you're not supposed to be in.

You can quit replying to me now. I have no idea why you think I care about what you have to say

inb4n*ggayoukeptreplyingsoobviouslyyoucaredsoshutt hefukkup
 6 years ago '11        #110
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Karamu said:
na i wasn't talking about Common, just using an example that people base substance to highly for lyricism(my opinion some may not agree)

I disagree again, Jay's flow was hungrier, people say he paused on the entire album but in reality it was only noticeable on Who Gon Stop me second verse and Made In America. His flow was fantastic on Why I Love You, n*ggas In Paris, Otis and Welcome To The Jungle. On top of that some of his wordplay was RIDICULOUS, again I'm not saying it's more important than substance but I'm sure you'll at least agree these are impressive.

I'll just agree to disagree with you here because I don't see a middle point to this conversation
Like I said, it's not even debatable. Common's flow in 2k11 >>> Jay's. Yeah, let's just agree to disagree...
 6 years ago '09        #111
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 Fade said:
I don't know why you're suggesting that we debate flow right now. I never once hinted that Jay's flow on the album was wack or anything, just that his lyrics weren't up to par. That has nothing to do with how well he rapped or lack thereof...

Sit here & tell me that WTT was a seriously lyrical album from Jay. Key word, ALBUM...[/B]
Tell me how these verses are not 'up to par'...please, enlighten me:

Picture if you will, that the throne was burning
Rome was burning, and Iím sitting in the corner all alone burning
Why does it always end up like this?
Something that we donít determine
Same people that I fought for
That I f!ght for, that I ride for
That I live for, that I die for
Be the reason that these n*ggas is alive for
and they want me dead
But Iím so sorry but I just canít die for you
But I can make em put their hands in the sky for you
We waiting for the fireworks like July 4th
Get fly more, get high more, cry boy, why for?
When the grief is over, beef is over, Iíll be fly when Easterís over
I tried to teach n*ggas how to be kings
And all they ever wanted to be was soldiers
So the love is gone, Til blood is drawn
So we no longer wear the same uniform
Fu*k you squares, The circle got smaller
The castle got bigger, The walls got taller
And truth be told after all that said
Ni**as still got love for you
Tears on the mauseoleum floor
Blood stains the coliseum doors
Lies on the lips of a priest
Thanksgiving disguised as a feast
Rolliní in the Rolls-Royce Corniche
Only the doctors got this, Iím hidiní from police
Cocaine seats
All white like I got the whole thing bleached
Drug dealer chic
Iím wonderiní if a thugís prayers reach
Is Pious pious cause God loves pious?
Socrates asks, ďWhose bias do yíall seek?Ē
All for Plato, screech
Iím out here balliní, I know yaíll hear my sneaks
Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy, laid beats
Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats
Preach
Sorry junior, I already ruined ya
ĎCause you ainít even alive, paparazzi pursuiní ya
Sins of a father make yoí life ten times harder
I just wanna take ya to a barber
Bondiní on charters, all the sh*t that I never did
Teach ya good values, so you cherish it
Took me 26 years to find my path
My only job is cuttiní the time in half
So at 13 weíll have our first drink together
Black bar mitzvahs, mazel tov, mogul talk
Look a man dead in his eyes
So he know you talk truth when you speak it, give your word, keep it
And if the day comes I only see him on the weekend
I just pray we was in love on the night that we conceived him
Promise to never leave him even if his mama tweakiní
Cause my dad left me and I promise never repeat him
Never repeat him, never repeat him
My dreams is big, Reality set in
Let off a clip from a automatic weapon,
Through shots in the door, it died in Vegas
Though it fought so hard, I knew it wouldnít make it
Iím a tortured soul, I live in disguise
Rest in peace to the leader of the Jackson 5
I died in my sleep, Iím still Big Pimpin
I ball at the mall, Beginning of the ending
Where the f*ck is the sun?
Itís been a while, Momma, look at ya son
What happened to my smile?
My tears is tatted My rag in my pocket
Iím just looking for love, I know somebody got it
Champagne for the pain, Weed for the low
God damn Iím so high, Where the f*ck did I go?
Iím losing myself, Iím stuck in the moment
I look in the mirror, My only opponent
Where the f*ck is the press? Where the f*ck is the Pres?
Either they know or donít care Iím f**king depressed
No crying in public, Just lying to judges
Risking my life, Iím already dying, so f*ck it well
his verses on murder to Excellence? On That's My bi*ch where he's talking about the under-representation of blacks in American beauty? Made In America? The Joy?

And BTW, there's nothing wrong with braggadocio content, it's actually quite integral to hip hop...name me your top 10 artists and I can guarantee there will be some braggadocio content (even Joe Budden, who's my favorite rapper, resorts to braggadocio rhymes fairly often)...and as Karamu said, it's not the content that matters, it's what you do with it...Jay is witty and creative with his lyrics and he delivers them with such a natural energy and charisma that it's beyond great...
 6 years ago '04        #112
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 Fade said:
in addition to the fact that I HATE that album 4 is more than enough.
there you have it folks

you in here with hate in your blood, no one is takin you seriously fukk boy

now shut the fukk up, you're lookin like a fool
 12-25-2011, 07:49 PM         #113
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vos said:
And BTW, there's nothing wrong with braggadocio content
co-sign, not everything in hip hop has to be emotional and deep to be great. diversity is what makes artists great
 6 years ago '07        #114
space
space
 Karamu said:
co-sign, not everything in hip hop has to be emotional and deep to be great. diversity is what makes artists great
and thats exactly what jay lacks the most
 12-25-2011, 07:57 PM         #115
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1LynguisticMind said:
and thats exactly what jay lacks the most
not even gonna argue with you, you're an awful poster who brings nothing to any discussion but blatant hate
 6 years ago '07        #116
space
space
 Karamu said:
not even gonna argue with you, you're an awful poster who brings nothing to any discussion but blatant hate
dog if you came up for air for just one minute and realized how much you choke on jays d!ck maybe you could actually look view jay from an honest perspective

lines in songs don't = diversity

different subject matter in DIFFERENT SONGS does, and 85% of Jay's music is him bragging about his wealth and image.

you want diversity? check out artists like Nas, Eminem and Kanye
 6 years ago '11        #117
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Vos said:

his verses on murder to Excellence? On That's My bi*ch where he's talking about the under-representation of blacks in American beauty? Made In America? The Joy?
Key word in that entire thing, verses. Taking them out of context & scoping them out is proving my point. If he had entire lyrical songs why wouldn't you just post them instead of select verses? He does have 2, I'll give you that. But again out of 16. That's nowhere near good enough for me.

Vos said:
And BTW, there's nothing wrong with braggadocio content, it's actually quite integral to hip hop...name me your top 10 artists and I can guarantee there will be some braggadocio content (even Joe Budden, who's my favorite rapper, resorts to braggadocio rhymes fairly often)...and as Karamu said, it's not the content that matters, it's what you do with it...Jay is witty and creative with his lyrics and he delivers them with such a natural energy and charisma that it's beyond great...
I never said there was anything wrong with braggadocio subject matters, I just said I don't fu*k with it like that.

Top 10:

1. Nas
2. 2Pac
3. Notorious B.I.G.
4. Scarface
5. Andre 3000
6. Eminem
7. DMX
8. Jay-Z
9. Ice Cube
10. Kanye West

Took me a while to get 9 & 10. Don't k!ll me for mah list, it's all subjective (& subject to change at that.)

Witty word play is dope when you're talkin about somethin other than a do-rag wrappin your waves up with pockets full of hope That's all Jay falls back on & I'm sorry I just can't get into it like that.

And WTT I didn't hear "energy" - I heard an old man pausing to catch his breath...
 6 years ago '11        #118
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
That's an objective list by the way. Before anybody asks why Jay is in mah top 10 when I don't fu*k with him it's because it's out of respect. I'd be stupid to deny the impact that Reasonable Doubt & The Blueprint had on the game. I may not fu*k with his subject matter, but he can put an album together like almost no other...
 12-25-2011, 08:15 PM         #119
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1LynguisticMind said:
dog if you came up for air for just one minute and realized how much you choke on jays d!ck maybe you could actually look view jay from an honest perspective

lines in songs don't = diversity

different subject matter in DIFFERENT SONGS does, and 85% of Jay's music is him bragging about his wealth and image.

you want diversity? check out artists like Nas, Eminem and Kanye
wait I choke on jays d!ck who makes 5 threads about him a month?

no i never said lines in songs mean diversity, quote me where i said that? I can name plenty of Jay songs with different subject matter, you're ignorant as fu*k and I'm not going to dedicate time into posting songs for you because you're just gonna be back in a month with another Jay thread adding no intelligent to any conversation. I don't agree with Fade's opinion but at least I can respect it with him adding a perspective to the conversation.

And I'd love to check those 3 artists out if I didn't have their catalogs on my iTunes library

Last edited by Karamu; 12-25-2011 at 08:21 PM..
 12-25-2011, 08:19 PM         #120
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drake kanye tyga ross meek mill and several other corny soundin muthafu*kas
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteveís thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy