Audiences Can't Understand "Bane"

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,421 | Props total: 25053 25053
 Jackson High said:

[pic - click to view]

Bane is a bad guy whose super-strength comes from a drug that he continuously inhales.
Why? Why? Why? Im Starting To Hate Hollywood...
 6 years ago '04        #42
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,369 | Props total: 39 39
 killya said:
he sounded fine in the trailer. He sounded pretty bad a.ss actually. The prologue was iffy. Maybe it was because he was yelling?
Yea, just watched the prologue. Had no issue understanding him either, not sure what people are complaining about. Can't wait to see this movie. Nolan builds extreme hype for his movies, it's amazing. I thought it couldn't get better than Part 2 with Joker, but this looks like it might top it.
 12-25-2011, 04:12 PM         #43
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 santos0303 said:
Don't get the big deal. I could understand him fine in the prologue and the trailer no problem at all and its a cool effect really fits the character theyre trying to betray ....haha does remind me of that Russian dude from Die Hard With A Vengeance though
Who gives a sh*t if you heard it fine? If it's getting this much attention from the majority of the people who've seen it, then it's a problem. One or two clowns on boxden won't erase a valid concern that something may need to be changed.

psylence2k said:
You dont have to keep his voice muffled in order for the general audience to "believe" he's inhaling something, it's a pretty trivial detail that no one is really gonna care about. It's much more necessary for dialogue to be clear than for us to be constantly reminded that Bane is inhaling steroids. Let's look at the bigger picture here, it's ridiculous for Bane to go through the whole movie sounding like he has a d!ck down his throat.
I was hoping me not understanding him was just because of a sh*tty cam, but now that people who actually saw it in IMAX says it's horrible, I hope it won't affect the release date or anything.
 6 years ago '10        #44
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,532 | Props total: 5867 5867
I'm still iffy about Bane, period. Never really liked him too much.
 12-25-2011, 04:31 PM         #45
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ant McQueen said:
I'm still iffy about Bane, period. Never really liked him too much.
Hardy is a great actor tho so he'll make it work. The voice being unintelligible at times has me worried tho if there's a huge response that can't here him from these short spots alone
 12-25-2011, 04:54 PM         #46
lok2685  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nolan said it himself when he was doing the press from the Prologue that he barely began to edit & cut the film. Until someone comes & out and says that the final cut is that way then people have a reason to have a problem but its the fu*king trailer. He has several months to perfect the film. The film will make bank, everyone will love it, the end. Give the man some credit he does know what he is doing.

Plus Bane is the perfect villain for the way he wants for his version of Gotham, just as Penguin was perfect for Tim Burton's Gothic version of Batman. Penguin is in no way realistic, neither is clayface, k!ller croc or even most villains in Batman's rogue's gallery. After doing Ra's Al Ghul, Joker & Two-Face who else is left Riddler, Hugo Strange, Mr. Freeze or Bane

Riddler while could be done the right way doesnt really fit what Nolan wants to do. Mr. Freeze is too unrealistic & Hugo Strange might remind too much of the audience of Scarecrow.

Bane fits because of the fact that he can match Batman's intelligence & he is so physically strong. But it would have been nice to see Zsasz or even Deadshot
 12-25-2011, 05:11 PM         #47
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lok2685 said:
Nolan said it himself when he was doing the press from the Prologue that he barely began to edit & cut the film. Until someone comes & out and says that the final cut is that way then people have a reason to have a problem but its the fu*king trailer. He has several months to perfect the film. The film will make bank, everyone will love it, the end. Give the man some credit he does know what he is doing.

Plus Bane is the perfect villain for the way he wants for his version of Gotham, just as Penguin was perfect for Tim Burton's Gothic version of Batman. Penguin is in no way realistic, neither is clayface, k!ller croc or even most villains in Batman's rogue's gallery. After doing Ra's Al Ghul, Joker & Two-Face who else is left Riddler, Hugo Strange, Mr. Freeze or Bane

Riddler while could be done the right way doesnt really fit what Nolan wants to do. Mr. Freeze is too unrealistic & Hugo Strange might remind too much of the audience of Scarecrow.

Bane fits because of the fact that he can match Batman's intelligence & he is so physically strong. But it would have been nice to see Zsasz or even Deadshot
Yea because somehow the final cut will fix a muffled voice...oh wait.

Zsasz was in the first movie, you want a movie about some guy who cuts people? Yea that would be cool and nothing like a sh*ttier version of Dark Knight. And how the fu*k is pengun not realistic? Some short mafia guy? Yea bro, crazy. k!ller Croc is some guy with a skin condition. And Ra's is an immortal wizard

Let the directors do the directing kids, your ideas are horrible.

Last edited by One Gud Cide; 12-25-2011 at 05:17 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #48
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,068 | Props total: 1840 1840
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
bane sounds like the smoke mutant from hellboy who was in that fish bowl bio suit thing
I thought the same thing
 12-25-2011, 05:39 PM         #49
lok2685  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:
Yea because somehow the final cut will fix a muffled voice...oh wait.

Zsasz was in the first movie, you want a movie about some guy who cuts people? Yea that would be cool and nothing like a sh*ttier version of Dark Knight. And how the fu*k is pengun not realistic? Some short mafia guy? Yea bro, crazy. k!ller Croc is some guy with a skin condition.

Let the directors do the directing kids, your ideas are horrible.
Yea youre right because they can't go back and use this contraption called a computer and use top of the line editing tools and alter the audio so that people will be able comprehend what he is saying.

And I love how you called Zsasz as "some guy who cuts people", try reading his backstory its far more than that. Deadshot is 2nd only to deathstroke as DC's top a.ssassin (yeah a horrible idea on my part).

Penguin realism depends on who writes him but in the end Penguin as a villain is far more interested in two things (amassing wealth & prestige) than actually doing any real harm to the structure & stability of Gotham as a city as has been what Nolan is trying in Ra's Al Ghul & Joker.

As far as your last statement thats what I was doing, I was saying have faith in his abilities and not bashing him

Last edited by lok2685; 12-25-2011 at 05:42 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #50
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
if worse comes to worse...they can just have hardy sit down in a booth for a week and voice over his lines...and digitally touch it how they want it to be and still be understandable for the masses
 6 years ago '09        #51
rdogg11 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
 # 58 said:
if worse comes to worse...they can just have hardy sit down in a booth for a week and voice over his lines...and digitally touch it how they want it to be and still be understandable for the masses
I'm pretty sure that is what is going to happen.
 6 years ago '11        #52
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,672 | Props total: 493 493
I understood him fine, some people must be terrible listeners.
 6 years ago '07        #53
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,617 | Props total: 2459 2459
they need to fix that sh*t
 12-25-2011, 07:02 PM         #54
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
black mask

Hush

the mad hatter

if nolan is going for realism he can keep making batman movies going by batmans vilain list.
 6 years ago '04        #55
blazeworth 1 heat pts
space
space
$632 | Props total: 22 22
In all likeliness all of Hardy's lines were already recorded in a sound studio and digitally made to sound muffled. In the preview he sounds fine, in the Prologue not so much, they seem to already have addressed and fixed the issue. The plane seen also was very loud when I saw it in IMAX and could understand some distortion but making him impossible to understand will not make the movie any better. What do we know about Bane in this film?? I love how people hate on a character they know nothing about,he is not the same character as any comic book or cartoon. This will be a great movie.
 6 years ago '04        #56
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,879 | Props total: 2935 2935
 # 58 said:
thats the problem, from what im getting is the studio WANTS nolan to have hardy ADR his lines, but nolan doesnt want to do that (im a.ssuming because he thinks itll take away from the quality of his on-set performance)

so theyre saying have him re-record, and nolan is saying no im just gonna mess with the levels and try to make it clearer

i think part of the problem is its a tough accent for us americans to understand to begin with, then when you put the mask on..etc

i didnt have a problem though
 12-25-2011, 07:22 PM         #57
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still don't understand the problem, i had 0 problems understanding him along with my friends.

People need hearing aids i suppose, either way if he fixes it or not it won't bother me, people said the same sh*t about batman and not being able to understand him in TDK but it didn't change the fact that it almost made a billion and is beloved by millions, also didn't have a problem understanding batman in TDK, though i will admit the voice sounded like sh*t.

Rahnayr said:
This, personally if i was nolan and this was my vision i wouldn't change it, if people have a problem understanding it that's their fu*king problem because clearly this isn't a issue with everyone, like i said mother fu*kers need hearing aids.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 12-25-2011 at 07:25 PM..
 12-25-2011, 07:25 PM         #58
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rahnayr said:
why do people on here think it's just "some people"....they do realize these were released nationwide right?
 12-25-2011, 07:26 PM         #59
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
why do people on here think it's just "some people"....they do realize these were released nationwide right?
And nationwide people are saying they have no problem understanding.

These articles just single out the ones who are deaf and need to buy themselves a hearing aid.
 12-25-2011, 07:26 PM         #60
*Missy*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackson High said:

“The Dark Knight Rises prologue was really great, especially when Bane spoke the soon-to-be-classic line: 'Mmrbl ffrmrff hmrbblfmm,'" wrote one fan.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago