Five Teams That Go From Good To Great with Peyton Manning

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What Team Would Go From Good To Great with Peyton Manning?
Houston Texans 52 28.11%
San Francisco 49ers 87 47.03%
Seattle Seahawks 28 15.14%
Denver Broncos 7 3.78%
Tennessee Titans 11 5.95%
Voters: 185. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-21-2011, 10:54 AM         #1
7750 pageviews
140 comments

Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Five Teams That Go From Good To Great with Peyton Manning

[pic - click to view]

Every week is a new report regarding the ever growing distance between Jim Irsay and the $90 million dollar man Peyton Manning. With every report on ESPN and every nervous tweet coming from Jim Irsay's feed, we're slowly approaching the day where Peyton Manning is either traded or outright cut from the Indianapolis Colts due to the Colts' rumored desire to select Andrew Luck with it's selection in the NFL Draft.

When you think about a bad team that immediately becomes good with Peyton Manning's presence, the Indianapolis Colts are at the top of the list. I don't understand why fellow Maxwell Award winners Manning and Luck couldn't co-exist in Indy, but we're not here to right that wrong. Let's look beyond the annoying ESPN speculation and lets give Orphan Peyton a home where he'll be appreciated, welcomed with opened arms and most importantly, well protected. Here's the top five teams I think Manning could end up if he and the Colts decide to part ways.

[pic - click to view]

1. The Houston Texans

The Texans generously exercised Matt Schaub's option for 2011 and unfortunately a rogue Lisfranc injury in his Right Foot ended his season early. I haven't heard anything from the Texans regarding picking up Schaub's 2012 option (Dangerously isn't exactly Adam Schefler either) but if there's one team who could become immediately dominant in the league with a healthy Peyton Manning, it would be the Texans. Their Wade Phillips powered Defense has helped keep this team's head above water as they move along with several key injuries. They protect the QB well as they're 24th in the league in Sacks allowed. Playing in Reliant keeps Manning in a Dome and I think a healthy Manning to Andre Johnson could be things dreams are made of.

[pic - click to view]

2. The San Francisco 49ers

Jim Harbaugh may have given Alex Smith the vote of confidence he needed after proclaiming that he is "his quarterback", but his Red Zone hesitation could lead the Coach to stray if Manning is available. Smith only has a year contract with the Niners, a contract that has yet to be extended. If Manning goes to the Niners, they'll need to upgrade their OL as they're in the top ten for sacks allowed in the league. However, if the Niners draft a playmaker at WR, they could easily field an offense that will match their dominant defense.

[pic - click to view]

3. The Seattle Seahawks

I've always felt the Seahawks were a sure armed QB away from being taken seriously. Even after going beast mode on then defending Champion Saints last year, nobody even shrugs a shoulder at the Seahawks right now. Sorry illogik, it's true. That offensive line is a problem for any quarterback going under center, but it could damn near send Manning prematurely into the Hall of Fame. Still, if they were to keep their O-line tight and Marshawn Lynch full of Skittles, i don't see why the Seahawks wouldn't rival the Niners for NFC West supremacy. Nobody's really loyal to T-Jack, right? image

[pic - click to view]

4. The Denver...Broncos?

I thought this was Tebow's Team? What are they doing on my list? Before I hit delete and put the Arizona Cardinals in, take a moment to really think about this. Tim Tebow is about as immature as they come at the QB position. With only two years in the league, he hasn't had the time to be groomed by a veteran QB. I'm not sure why Peyton would agree to be on a team with Tebow when it seems like he doesn't want to be on a team with Luck, but if he was somehow able to step into Mile High and call plays for the Broncos, that offense could improve to match that impressive defense that has kept Tebow in the game so many times this season. If there's anyone that could calm down the angry mob of Tebow fans who would see their boy on the bench next season, it's Peyton Manning.

[pic - click to view]

5. Tennessee Titans

I don't know if Peyton Manning puts this team into the playoffs or not, but I know that Matt Hasselbeck isn't the one that will. I'm not as high on the Titans as I am the other four teams, but since Manning is familiar with the division, Tennessee has one of the best offensive lines and Volunteers would love to have him back in the state...I could see Peyton landing here and being very successful. Nate Washington is an exceptional wideout and I have faith Chris Johnson will be back on track next season. That could be a very dangerous team with Manning.

Honorable Mention: New York Jets, Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins need another rookie quarterback like the Detroit Lions need another wide receiver. Dolphins could use Manning, but I don't even see that pairing happening in the realm of even this fu*ked up world i've created.

Jets fans would love to have him, I just don't see it happening.

140 comments for "Five Teams That Go From Good To Great with Peyton Manning"

12-21-2011, 11:11 AM         #2
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
49ers imo.

6 years ago '06        #3
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
Wouldn't have the $$$$$$$$.
 6 years ago '06        #4
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,591 | Props total: 8764 8764
WHAT ABOUT IF HE ISNT 100% LIKE HE WAS BEFORE INJURY, OR AS GREAT, WHAT IF ITS A BRETT DOWNFALL PERFORMANCE THING? WHO KNOWS

DIDNT he just get a 100 mill contract and didnt take one snap with new contract yet? he isnt going any where

and yes im going to say it luck is going to be a bust (just because i hate him)
 12-21-2011, 11:28 AM         #5
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaShark316 said:
Wouldn't have the $$$$$$$$.
I seriously doubt he's going to get a contract for $90 mil. I'm just thinking hypothetically though too.
 12-21-2011, 11:28 AM         #6
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Special Edd said:
WHAT ABOUT IF HE ISNT 100% LIKE HE WAS BEFORE INJURY, OR AS GREAT, WHAT IF ITS A BRETT DOWNFALL PERFORMANCE THING? WHO KNOWS

DIDNT he just get a 100 mill contract and didnt take one snap with new contract yet? he isnt going any where

and yes im going to say it luck is going to be a bust (just because i hate him)
Nobody knows.
 6 years ago '11        #7
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,047 | Props total: 3173 3173
colts not trading him within the division..cross texans and titans out..denver is in love with te-bag cross them out..Hardballs not gonna give up on alex smith ..leaving seattle or miami
 6 years ago '06        #8
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Why just those teams?
 12-21-2011, 11:30 AM         #9
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
What about the Dolphins?

Can't see the 9ers giving up on Smith after the season he's having.
I gave them honorable mention, but I like these five teams better than them to get Peyton. Peyton could help Marshall get into the end zone.

The only reason I see Smith not getting an extension is because Peyton is out there and Smith has problems getting the ball in the end zone. Other than that, he's a great QB.
 12-21-2011, 11:34 AM         #10
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRAGONFLY JONES said:
colts not trading him within the division..cross texans and titans out..denver is in love with te-bag cross them out..Hardballs not gonna give up on alex smith ..leaving seattle or miami
Peyton has a huge bonus due in February, if they want to avoid paying him that bonus they'd have to trade him. If nobody offers them a good trade then they'd have to cut him to avoid paying $28 million dollars. This thread scenario follows the idea that the Colts cut Manning.
 12-21-2011, 11:35 AM         #11
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 davon4204 said:
Why just those teams?
Those were the teams that come to mind IMO.
 6 years ago '04        #12
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 869 869
@ 2 of the 5 listed are in the same conference
 12-21-2011, 11:38 AM         #13
King Jove  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
manning, foster, tate, dre, and OD with that defense

6 years ago '11        #14
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,047 | Props total: 3173 3173
 King Jove said:
manning, foster, tate, dre, and OD with that defense

not happening they not gonna trade him to get their a.ss kicked by him twice a year..texans will be the last team considered
 6 years ago '07        #15
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
seahawks or 49ers
 6 years ago '05        #16
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7083 7083
 6 years ago '09        #17
A2P89 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 54 54

[pic - click to view]

Make the call, if nothing else big brother can help us sweep the giants again
Other teams get ur paper up

Plan b should Barkley not declare

Last edited by A2P89; 12-21-2011 at 11:55 AM..
 12-21-2011, 11:53 AM         #18
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tic Toc said:
@ 2 of the 5 listed are in the same conference
 DRAGONFLY JONES said:
not happening they not gonna trade him to get their a.ss kicked by him twice a year..texans will be the last team considered
Like I said before, the Colts really seem to be thinking hard about that $28 Million due in February. If they cut him, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes within the division.
 12-21-2011, 11:54 AM         #19
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReallyTho said:
no dolphins
They got Honorable Mention, I just don't think they're a top 5 destination.
 6 years ago '10        #20
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
How about everybody
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago