Ray Allen calls out David West for ditching Celtics

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-21-2011, 02:27 AM         #41
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hope all you n*ggas break ya fu*king leg...
 12-21-2011, 02:43 AM         #42
evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's his choice. Be a professional about it
 12-21-2011, 02:57 AM         #43
sputomalato 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought he didn't go to Boston cause the Odom trade f*cked everything up?
 6 years ago '04        #44
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,467 | Props total: 2702 2702
Pacers on the rise ?lmao they have a good team but they wont win a championship in our lifetime
 6 years ago '04        #45
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 joshdogg26 said:
i know dummy, it's .3 less per year, but basically an additional year at $9 mil, so to say he chose more money is fu*king retarded
But he did choose more money

12-21-2011, 07:57 AM         #46
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats fu*kin right. I can't even keep up with all this bugged out NBA trade action. I thought we had David West. And although he is somewhat similar to KG in skill-set, hes awesome and I was psyched about that. Now that I heard this news and Ray's reaction, I love Ray Allen more than ever.
 12-21-2011, 07:59 AM         #47
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Although because of that asinine fu*king trade mid season last year to dismantle the celtics championship squad, im not feeling great about Celt's chances to win it all this year, even with David West. Last season was THE TIME! (Best record in the NBA, had beaten the Spurs, Lakers and Heat handily when Perkins trade was made, everyone was healthy etc.) Just being a realist, fu*k YOU DANNY AINGE!!!

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 12-21-2011 at 09:31 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #48
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13027 13027
 SOCIALITE said:
But he can get an even bigger contract after the 2 seasons and make even more on that 3rd year as well as lock up a few more years on top of that.
i think if ur goal was to make the most money coming off a serious knee injury, u'd probably take the longest contract with the most guaranteed money lol. clearly that wasn't the motivation here. u really think he was looking at both deals like "ok so i can get $10 mil a year for 2 years either way, but that third year at $9 mil? fu*k that noise!" lol. maybe he did choose flexibility to see if he can prove himself coming off of his injury, maybe he didn't like the outlook in boston, but the case that he really compared them and chose indy for "more" money is asinine.

jeehtoven said:
But he did choose more money

i mean yes it's technically true that that's more annually on average, but it's still less money overall. nobody has the motive of taking "more money" if they turn down 3 years/$29 mil for 2 years/$20 mil lmao. especially coming off a torn ACL, if he made his decision based on the money, he'd probably be looking for the longer contract with the most guaranteed money. i could see if it was significantly less annually, but i mean $1 mil over 3 years?
 6 years ago '09        #49
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,110 | Props total: 1651 1651
Most of you guys didn't even read the article sh*t y'all some ignorant mofos. David west and ray Allen been talking and west meant with ray Allen talkin about how he really wants to go to Boston to help and win an championship Etc. when nba got back to together David west changed his mind and then took the pacers deal last min(that's why ray said his ego kicked in) that's why Allen upset because Allen and west were talking and west already agreed to come to Boston but its whatever
 6 years ago '09        #50
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,110 | Props total: 1651 1651
 King856 said:
so West can't change his mind? Ray should keep the bi*ch sh*t outta the media.
Of course he can ray just stating his opinion that was it. End thread
 6 years ago '11        #51
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$686 | Props total: 2 2
 Hurricane24 said:
fu*k him, david west wanted to play on a team on the rise, not on its last leg
On the rise?

6 years ago '10        #52
gakhteebo 
space
space
$2,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Hurricane24 said:
fu*k him, david west wanted to play on a team on the rise, not on its last leg

Pacers on the rise ?

I know it was pre season, but im going to a.ssume you havnt seen pacers offense now :p
 12-21-2011, 09:26 AM         #53
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggaz acting like the Pacers are a problem

Only Hansbourough is a great piece

Granger is ridiculously overrated
 6 years ago '05        #54
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,729 | Props total: 12514 12514

i mean yes it's technically true that that's more annually on average, but it's still less money overall. nobody has the motive of taking "more money" if they turn down 3 years/$29 mil for 2 years/$20 mil lmao. especially coming off a torn ACL, if he made his decision based on the money, he'd probably be looking for the longer contract with the most guaranteed money. i could see if it was significantly less annually, but i mean $1 mil over 3 years?
He just chose the longer contract with more security because it's 1 more year for an extra 9mil.. Thats more money. Period, no matter how you try to slice it. This is his last big contract, he's not getting anything remotely closer, and him knowing he probably wouldn't be able to make a huge impact on the Celtics in terms of numbers, as he would on the Celtics.. So of course he's going to Indy, possibly a bigger role, secured through one more year while picking up an extra 9mil, and still on a playoff team.

You keep talking about "averages" if the Celtics are refusing to give you that third year, and you know it's your last big payday, wouldn't you take the contract with the extra year, for another 9mil? Plain and simple West went to Indy for the guaranteed 3rd year and extra 9mil on the contract.
 6 years ago '07        #55
space
space
 Hold That said:
He just chose the longer contract with more security because it's 1 more year for an extra 9mil.. Thats more money. Period, no matter how you try to slice it. This is his last big contract, he's not getting anything remotely closer, and him knowing he probably wouldn't be able to make a huge impact on the Celtics in terms of numbers, as he would on the Celtics.. So of course he's going to Indy, possibly a bigger role, secured through one more year while picking up an extra 9mil, and still on a playoff team.

You keep talking about "averages" if the Celtics are refusing to give you that third year, and you know it's your last big payday, wouldn't you take the contract with the extra year, for another 9mil? Plain and simple West went to Indy for the guaranteed 3rd year and extra 9mil on the contract.
he chose the shorter contract worth less money

the celtics were offering him 3 years/$29

the pacers were offering 2 years/$20

familiarize urself with the subject before u make urself look so stupid

that's exactly what i'm saying, he obviously wasn't going for more money since he clearly would have taken the celtics deal if that was his preference.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 12-21-2011 at 09:37 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #56
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,729 | Props total: 12514 12514
 joshdogg26 said:
he chose the shorter contract worth less money

the celtics were offering him 3 years/$29

the pacers were offering 2 years/$20

familiarize urself with the subject before u make urself look so stupid

that's exactly what i'm saying, he obviously wasn't going for more money since he clearly would have taken the celtics deal if that was his preference.
If thats the case then Ray Allen has no point with the more money line then. My mistake if your right then.
 6 years ago '07        #57
space
space
 Hold That said:
If thats the case then Ray Allen has no point with the more money line then. My mistake if your right then.
that's exactly what i've been saying all along. he also bullsh*tted saying the celtics players took less to play there.
 6 years ago '05        #58
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
when a player decides to go to a team that's offering "more money" (which isn't true because the deals are pretty much the same) his "ego kicks in" and he doesn't care about winning.. If he goes to a team full of hall of famers he is ring chasing instead of trying to carry a team.. Haters gonna hate I guess...
 6 years ago '08        #59
dubs07 
space
space
$734 | Props total: 0 0
jesus is super salty
 6 years ago '08        #60
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,722 | Props total: 12141 12141
I absolutely love Suger Ray game but he wrong on this 1.

David West is 31 and coming off blown out knee...this his last payday and if he took less money now he would never be able to recoup that money in the future...he'd basically be playing for less the rest of his career. He prolly wouldn't have even came that hard with his statement if Jeff Green hadn't gotten hurt.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago