Who has done more for hip hop? Eminem or Kanye West?

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who has done more for hip hop?
Eminem 47 44.34%
Kanye 48 45.28%
Hard to choose 11 10.38%
Voters: 106. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #161
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 shadydre85 said:
like they are in 2011? no they wernt. they where on that rock sh*t.
Yeah they were. I find it hilarious that you think you know what EVERY white person in america was listening to
 6 years ago '10        #162
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,433 | Props total: 2391 2391
 Fade said:
Yeah they were. A lot of mah teachers from high school are HUGE Big & Pac fans. Stop acting like Eminem is the only person in hip hop that white people listened to...
i didnt mean it like that i ment white people wernt listing to rap back then like they do today its bigger!
 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM         #163
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and how did Eminem make rap bigger? 50 Cent is the only result of that, and that's because he was backed with perfect marketing schemes AND Dre beats. No one else in rap has seen more success than 90s rappers from Eminem making rap "bigger". All these new rap fans Eminem brought with his music, only listen to HIS music, hence the reason his sales blow everyone elses out of the water. That isn't influence, that's a personal feat
 6 years ago '11        #164
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 shadydre85 said:
i didnt mean it like that i ment white people wernt listing to rap back then like they do today its bigger!
No sh*t its bigger but you said they weren't fu*kin with it period until Eminem came. You were wrong then & you're wrong now...
 6 years ago '11        #165
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Karamu said:
Kanye done nothing for rap

bringing Common's career back to life is nothing?
giving Talib Kweli his first major single is nothing?
killing off gangsta rap is nothing?
making soul sampling popular again is nothing?(don't bring up SC, no one was influenced from that)
as much as yal hate to admit it, paving the lane for Drake IS SOMETHING. He's arguably the biggest rapper right now and his whole style was influenced off Kanye, you don't have to like it but he did something. Also all these non-gangster rappers coming up are off KANYE's influence, you wouldn't have heard of rappers like XV, Charles Hamilton, Wale, and I don't even gotta bring up Lupe Fiasco.

Kanye may not have produced The Blueprint by himself, but we know damn well Just Blaze didn't just randomly come up with beats like Song Cry, obviously Kanye influenced the entire layout for it when Just was still doing those Dynasty styled beats.

you Em stans are out of your mind

Not to hate on common but who gives a fu*k if common came back besides his fans same with all the other mine as well be underground rappers u named

And gangsta rap was already dieing 50 went pop and stop being on that gangsta sh*t after get rich kanye actually helped 50 with that album because nobody was buying 50 album until the beef over sales came up

Drake is also influenced by Ja rule and ll cool j who cares how big he is people would rather not have him in hip hop

Kanye has done something but compared to Eminem its not close
 6 years ago '11        #166
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,814 | Props total: 1196 1196
This is pointless.
Its turning to a Kanye vs Em thread.
People are just using their bias answers for half of these posts.

And like baller said its showing alot of the bs and racism on this site.
 6 years ago '10        #167
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Fade said:
Yeah they were. I find it hilarious that you think you know what EVERY white person in america was listening to
stop putting words in my mouth i never said i new what white people where listing to
 12-19-2011, 10:28 PM         #168
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shadydre85 said:
i didnt say he made i bigger i said he made it more popular and and aceptable to listen to.

if you feel shady records is distroying rap (which i think is crazy thing to say) your in titled to that. but dont over look or hate on the mans accomplishments. not you or anyone can take that away from him that sh*t is cemented in stone and history
Naw i'm not taking away from his accomplishments. He did a lot for white people, when people start talking about him blasting doors down for black people like he some sort of pioneer for blacks that's when it's Blacks blasted the door down for themselves.
 12-19-2011, 10:30 PM         #169
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Karamu said:
and how did Eminem make rap bigger? 50 Cent is the only result of that, and that's because he was backed with perfect marketing schemes AND Dre beats. No one else in rap has seen more success than 90s rappers from Eminem making rap "bigger". All these new rap fans Eminem brought with his music, only listen to HIS music, hence the reason his sales blow everyone elses out of the water. That isn't influence, that's a personal feat
Exactly
 6 years ago '10        #170
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Fade said:
No sh*t its bigger but you said they weren't fu*kin with it period until Eminem came. You were wrong then & you're wrong now...
NO! i said they wernt fu*kin with it like they are now let it go dog! and your wrong all together stay ignorant.
 12-19-2011, 10:32 PM         #171
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
Not to hate on common but who gives a fu*k if common came back besides his fans same with all the other mine as well be underground rappers u named

And gangsta rap was already dieing 50 went pop and stop being on that gangsta sh*t after get rich kanye actually helped 50 with that album because nobody was buying 50 album until the beef over sales came up

Drake is also influenced by Ja rule and ll cool j who cares how big he is people would rather not have him in hip hop

Common has 2 gold albums under GOOD Music's name
yeah gangsta rap was already dying off but it still had damn near every member from G-Unit going plat, Ja Rule, and all these other rappers wearing basketball jerseys while Kanye came into the game with Jesus Walks and shook that sh*t up.

Drake and 40 admitted the entire style for anything SFG and post that is directly influenced off 808s and Heartbreak, all this OVOXO sh*t like The Weeknd is because of Kanye. You don't have to care about it but it's sure as fu*k influence on the genre.
 12-19-2011, 10:33 PM         #172
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly or Die said:
808s and heartbreak is clearly not a hip hop album nor was it ever supposed to be

recovery is pop rap

and eminem being white has nothing to do with it

n*gga,almost every mainstream rap album released this past decade was/is pop rap.

what are you talking about?

Last edited by Trill Clinton; 12-19-2011 at 10:36 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #173
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
Naw i'm not taking away from his accomplishments. He did a lot for white people, when people start talking about him blasting doors down for black people like he some sort of pioneer for blacks that's when it's Blacks blasted the door down for themselves.
your not getting it through you think head NO ONE SAID HE BLASTED DOORS DOWN FOR BLACKS WERE SAYING HE BROKE BARRIERS DOWN FOR EVERYONE!!!!! AND ITS SO OBVIOUS YOUR A RACIST AND HATE HIM CUZ OF HIS COLOR I BET IT BURNS YOU UP INSIDE EVERYTIME HE SELLS OVER A MILLION. IM DONE TALKING,YOU CANT FIX STUPID. THANK GOD YOUR THE 1% OF PEOPLE THAT FEELS THAT WAY
 12-19-2011, 10:37 PM         #174
FukUrLife187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
these n*ggas think only white people listen to eminem .. threads dead im living proof

n yo bad meets evil wasnt pop ...
 6 years ago '11        #175
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,560 | Props total: 9466 9466
 Kingpin 313 said:
what does that prove of course his fans care, who cared about eminem coming back....oh his fans weird how that works...

commons albums since 2002> em's
 6 years ago '11        #176
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Thought you said you were done with "us"...

shadydre85 said:
NO! i said they wernt fu*kin with it like they are now let it go dog! and your wrong all together stay ignorant.
 shadydre85 said:
stop putting words in my mouth i never said i new what white people where listing to
I hope you know that you saying you know what white people were NOT listening to is the same thing as saying you know what white people were listning to, duh.

I'm not the one dancin all through this thread talkin about how I know what white people were listening to but yet I'm the ignorant one. Yeah...right...
 6 years ago '09        #177
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,170 | Props total: 7346 7346
 Karamu said:
Kanye done nothing for rap

bringing Common's career back to life is nothing?
giving Talib Kweli his first major single is nothing?
killing off gangsta rap is nothing?
making soul sampling popular again is nothing?(don't bring up SC, no one was influenced from that)
as much as yal hate to admit it, paving the lane for Drake IS SOMETHING. He's arguably the biggest rapper right now and his whole style was influenced off Kanye, you don't have to like it but he did something. Also all these non-gangster rappers coming up are off KANYE's influence, you wouldn't have heard of rappers like XV, Charles Hamilton, Wale, and I don't even gotta bring up Lupe Fiasco.

Kanye may not have produced The Blueprint by himself, but we know damn well Just Blaze didn't just randomly come up with beats like Song Cry, obviously Kanye influenced the entire layout for it when Just was still doing those Dynasty styled beats.

you Em stans are out of your mind
:agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:
 6 years ago '05        #178
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3244 3244
Both were somewhat significant in hip hop. Neither one has done as much as people around here like to give them credit for..though both are dope artists.
 12-19-2011, 10:40 PM         #179
FukUrLife187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

if it wasnt for eminem these guys wouldnt be known .... and these guys individualy each are better rappers then kanye .. sh*t there k!lling eminem right now
 12-19-2011, 10:41 PM         #180
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
That's a lie bro.

Eminem made it acceptable for white teens to like rap,if you don't see that then i don't know what to telll you.

Before Eminem rap was NOT being played like that on MTV/Total Request Live.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy