Who has done more for hip hop? Eminem or Kanye West?

most viewed right now
 173
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
54 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 92
Video inside Savage: Chick Tells Her Husband She's Cheating On Him & He Thinks She's..
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
111 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 66
Video inside Slut Amber Rose meets the Slut Maker
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Who has done more for hip hop?
Eminem 47 44.34%
Kanye 48 45.28%
Hard to choose 11 10.38%
Voters: 106. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #281
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
Kanye cuz he put out Watch The Throne

 6 years ago '05        #282
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 4429 4429
 sheedawg said:
you are an idiot. How is College Dropout which features Kweli, Mos, Common etc cater to the same fan as MBDTF which features Ross, Nikki Minaj, Rihanna etc? I swear some of the people in here have no idea of placing anything in context, they act like hip hop has been the same and want it to be the same forever.
People who say that are idiots..and that's why I can agree with you completely that Kanye did a lot for hip hop in the last ten years..my only complaint is it seems like people give credit to Kanye for each phase hip hop changes in just because he creates an album capturing that phase. But he is a very influential artist for our time and culture.
 6 years ago '10        #283
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$10,621 | Props total: 1621 1621
Kanye by far.
 12-21-2011, 09:28 PM         #284
FukUrLife187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo .. storchaveli bodied yall n*ggas ... "gives props"
 6 years ago '05        #285
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 261 261
 Storchaveli said:
And? Great producers, but to make a career out of copying and pasting already existing work... SMH. It is what it is.



Em was already a huge star BEFORE 50 exploded. sh*t, even Jay recalled Em's fame and success being so crazy that he had to wear a bulletproof vest when they met once. He recalled that from the outside looking in. How are you gonna say 50 did that when 50 came AFTER and owes a nice part of his success to Em? 50 has said that himself. So Em's success and influence was all a dream? How old are you 16? Let me guess, you use the word "cray" now?


All speculation and non-substantive.



I didn't say he "brought" it to the masses, as in being the only one. He introduced it to many. I had 2 friends back when that movie came out whose parents couldn't stand them listening to rap or even Em himself. They were dragged to that movie and once they saw what rap was about and what the culture was like, they backed off and didn't mind them listening to Em and other hip hop. And you can't be serious with counting how many battle rappers are "popular" today. Kanye's music is in heavy rotation on POP stations. Even Em's singles (besides maybe Not Afraid and Beautiful) don't mean much. It's fu*kin pop music, bro. You seriously gonna count battle rap a failure cuz it's not "successful in pop music" (with Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Drake, etc)?



Questionable clothes. Diva behavior. Yeah, that's doing alot for hip hop. You give him too much credit. As if those other backpacking rappers didn't already dress weird and colorful. Just because he's the most popular, doesn't mean he's responsible for those who aren't as popular.



Are they as famous and well known as Em? Are they not being helped out by him one way or another and given a push in a more mainstream light? Are they not using Em's resources? That's how. You can't be this dense.



Yeah cuz he hasn't signed any rappers and pushed out new material at ALL. That Re-Up CD wasn't made to display all those other rappers on it. You're right, he's not planting seeds in hip hop at all. fu*k outta here.



Wait, what? Are you fu*kin kidding me? So Em hasn't been in movies? Em hasn't won an Academy Award? He's not a household name? So Kanye fame wasn't brought to new heights because of his diva behavior and tantrums ("George Bush doesn't care about black people")?


I'm done with this "cray" clown.
Just tryna work out why you listen to hip hop after your first sentence, which further backs up my point that Eminem fans think Eminem's brand of hip hop is the holy grail of the art form.

As usual Eminem fans completely fail to grasp simple points because they are blinded by bias.

Em brought hip hop to masses, he didn't make it cool though, 50 Cent did. 50 Cent at the peak of his powers, had everyone repping G-Unit, baggy clothing, Doo rags etc. Simply put, Eminem's image was never "cool", so that nullifies your point. Yes Eminem gave us 50 cent, I'm not debating that, because its a fact, but 50 Cent is his own man and took the opportunity that Em gave him, and took it to unbelievable levels.

Yeah it does matter, pop = popular, and battle rapping is not popular amongst the masses, hence it doesn't even occupy a large part of the hip hop landscape today, its such a niche that caters to a specific type of listener, than in the most part, doesn't even like popular music. You seem to be forgetting what the thread is about, which is influence, would the hip hop landscape be different without 8 Mile? NO.

You seem to forget that, for the most part, in order to be influential you have to have a large following, and yes, there are people in the same mould as Kanye, but they aint on the worldwide scale that he is, hence why he is influential.

cause Slaughterhouse is really caking off Em's name? Fact is, the majority of people that were fans of the artists in Slaughterhouse were fans before Eminem's co sign. Yes, Em's name and co sign provides them with more exposure, but your talking like these guys have the potential to be global stars with the help of Em, which you know you dayum self aint ever gonna happen, SH numbers will tell you that and the SH group of artists aint even in THAT mould either, Budden being the perfect example of that.

Em has been won and Academy Award, and thats a very good look for the genre, there's no debating that. 3-6 Mafia also has an Academy Award as well. The fact you continually only put focus on Kanye as being a diva etc already tell me you just have something against Ye, I mean even to the point of discrediting one of the very foundations that hip hop was based on, sampling.

You don't understand what existing outside the realm of hip hop means, you guys may hate on Kanye for being into fashion, but him just being at a event in Europe is taking it to places outside of the stereotypical listener, these are places where hip hop is not a dominant genre. Jay at Glastonbury is another perfect example of this, Jay touring with U2 and Coldplay. It's called introducing hip hop the culture, to audiences unfamiliar or who see hip hop as a certain thing. People like Jay and Kanye are out there to show people that hip hop can be for them, that its not just this one thing that purists keeping harping on about. How many times do you hear of Eminem doing anything outside of hip hop...yeah, I'll wait.
 6 years ago '05        #286
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 261 261
 Switchc2390 said:
People who say that are idiots..and that's why I can agree with you completely that Kanye did a lot for hip hop in the last ten years..my only complaint is it seems like people give credit to Kanye for each phase hip hop changes in just because he creates an album capturing that phase. But he is a very influential artist for our time and culture.
I do agree with you, Kanye is very much always a product of his time, but It;s how he stay relevant, same with Jigga and the fact is that people look when they do it. I mean there are always people doing something before others, but its on the scale that they do it at that makes them important to hip hop, because people outside hip hop pay attention.
 6 years ago '11        #287
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2618 2618
 sheedawg said:
Just tryna work out why you listen to hip hop after your first sentence, which further backs up my point that Eminem fans think Eminem's brand of hip hop is the holy grail of the art form.

As usual Eminem fans completely fail to grasp simple points because they are blinded by bias.

Em brought hip hop to masses, he didn't make it cool though, 50 Cent did. 50 Cent at the peak of his powers, had everyone repping G-Unit, baggy clothing, Doo rags etc. Simply put, Eminem's image was never "cool", so that nullifies your point. Yes Eminem gave us 50 cent, I'm not debating that, because its a fact, but 50 Cent is his own man and took the opportunity that Em gave him, and took it to unbelievable levels.

Yeah it does matter, pop = popular, and battle rapping is not popular amongst the masses, hence it doesn't even occupy a large part of the hip hop landscape today, its such a niche that caters to a specific type of listener, than in the most part, doesn't even like popular music. You seem to be forgetting what the thread is about, which is influence, would the hip hop landscape be different without 8 Mile? NO.

You seem to forget that, for the most part, in order to be influential you have to have a large following, and yes, there are people in the same mould as Kanye, but they aint on the worldwide scale that he is, hence why he is influential.

cause Slaughterhouse is really caking off Em's name? Fact is, the majority of people that were fans of the artists in Slaughterhouse were fans before Eminem's co sign. Yes, Em's name and co sign provides them with more exposure, but your talking like these guys have the potential to be global stars with the help of Em, which you know you dayum self aint ever gonna happen, SH numbers will tell you that and the SH group of artists aint even in THAT mould either, Budden being the perfect example of that.

Em has been won and Academy Award, and thats a very good look for the genre, there's no debating that. 3-6 Mafia also has an Academy Award as well. The fact you continually only put focus on Kanye as being a diva etc already tell me you just have something against Ye, I mean even to the point of discrediting one of the very foundations that hip hop was based on, sampling.

You don't understand what existing outside the realm of hip hop means, you guys may hate on Kanye for being into fashion, but him just being at a event in Europe is taking it to places outside of the stereotypical listener, these are places where hip hop is not a dominant genre. Jay at Glastonbury is another perfect example of this, Jay touring with U2 and Coldplay. It's called introducing hip hop the culture, to audiences unfamiliar or who see hip hop as a certain thing. People like Jay and Kanye are out there to show people that hip hop can be for them, that its not just this one thing that purists keeping harping on about. How many times do you hear of Eminem doing anything outside of hip hop...yeah, I'll wait.


The last paragraph just made u look like a idiot Eminem was just in Australia performing in front of 60 thousand people and took lil Wayne with him he is one of the best selling artist outside of the US people overseas didn't fu*k with hip hop like that until Eminem came and it shows because him and 50 are the only 2 really selling overseas

jay z need U2 to go overseas Eminem go by himself and introduce hiphop


Last edited by Kingpin 313; 12-21-2011 at 10:14 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #288
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 261 261
 Kingpin 313 said:
The last paragraph just made u look like a idiot Eminem was just in Australia performing in front of 60 thousand people and took lil Wayne with him he is one of the best selling artist outside of the US people overseas didn't fu*k with hip hop like that until Eminem came and it shows because him and 50 are the only 2 really selling overseas

jay z need U2 to go overseas Eminem go by himself and introduce hiphop
Jay sold out Australia in 2006.....on his own.
 6 years ago '05        #289
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 261 261
 Kingpin 313 said:
The last paragraph just made u look like a idiot Eminem was just in Australia performing in front of 60 thousand people and took lil Wayne with him he is one of the best selling artist outside of the US people overseas didn't fu*k with hip hop like that until Eminem came and it shows because him and 50 are the only 2 really selling overseas

jay z need U2 to go overseas Eminem go by himself and introduce hiphop
which is why 2Pac is arguably been the most well known worldwide hip hop figure....please, fall back, and yet again you another example of Eminem fans thinking that his brand of hip hop is the be all end all.
 12-21-2011, 10:45 PM         #290
FukUrLife187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol yall are truly dumb
 6 years ago '11        #291
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2618 2618
 sheedawg said:
which is why 2Pac is arguably been the most well known worldwide hip hop figure....please, fall back, and yet again you another example of Eminem fans thinking that his brand of hip hop is the be all end all.

Eminem is the most known worldwide in hiphop go and check stats and numbers stop guessing on sh*t




Em sold more then anybody from any gerne of music last decade he is the most successful rapper and probably will always be n*ggas can keep hating it won't change the record books


The highest selling rap album-MMLP

The highest selling rapper-eminem

Most awards for a rapper- Eminem

He didn't change hip hop but yet has almost every hiphop accomplishment possible


Last edited by Kingpin 313; 12-21-2011 at 11:20 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #292
whothebestmc 99 heat pts99
space
avatar space
space
$20,243 | Props total: 10650 10650
 Kingpin 313 said:
jay z need U2 to go overseas Eminem go by himself and introduce hiphop
you were good till you said that, jay can sell out concerts anywhere, acting like he ain't headline glastonbury. The rest of it was fine cause em can sell out anywhere too
 6 years ago '05        #293
mattdogg444 
space
avatar space
space
$14,559 | Props total: 836 836
Eminem...

why is his race still a problem for people? seriously...he makes good music, get over the colour of his skin...should be used to it by now its been over 10 fu*kin years
 6 years ago '11        #294
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,505 | Props total: 292 292
If anything kanye got rid of the don't ask don't tell rule in hiphop with his flamboyant f*ggotry.
 12-22-2011, 03:10 AM         #295
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kanye
 6 years ago '10        #296
MexicanKingPin 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 204 204
Did you lames forget that eminem signed 50 cent who went on to sell millions on his own and start his own franchise? who did kanye sign that blew up like 50?

and em signs grimey rapper's not no soft pus*y rapper's like kanye does.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
How was your life when this song dropped?
81 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Kaylin Garcia
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Now That's A Real A$$!...
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
NBA LD Luka Doncic Wins Euroleague MVP... @ 19yo He Becomes The Youngest MVP ..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 15
NBA The narrative that Lebron's team is trash has begun. Again. (I've lost cou..
111 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 12
Thanos Or Darkseid
138 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
It's Dark & Hell is Hot Turns 20
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
NBA Steph Curry has OFFICIALLY lost all hope, his HAIRLINE,& thinks he is in a..
68 comments
2 days ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy