Fade's Review of ‘Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition’

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
6298 pageviews
105 comments

Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Fade's Review of ‘Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition’

[pic - click to view]

With the CD dropping everywhere tomorrow I figure I'd get this out of the way now. Warning it is a VERY long read. Skip to the bottom for the overall score.

Waiting - The intro isn't as good as two of its predecessors (TM101's & The Recession's intros>>>) but Jeezy comes correct. Lil Lody actually drops an above average beat this time, I was surprised by that. "bi*ch I'm legendary, bi*ch I'm a living legend. Been through street hell so I can get street heaven" - 4/5

What I Do (Just Like That) - That horror flick piano riff brings nostalgia back like a mofo. Drumma Boy brings that 101 feeling right back with his ill production. Lyrically Jeezy could've came a little bit harder. That "drink like a toilet" line, ehh. He saved it with the 3rd verse though, "must be drinkin amnesia 'cause I forgot what I said". I've had those nights too - 4/5

O.J. (feat. Fabolous & Jadakiss) - This track grew on me, I wasn't feelin it the first few spins through. I remember cats complaining about Fab & Kiss' features & they weren't bad. Both of their verses were better than Jeezy's. A forgettable verse from Jizzle, and Lody's bad sample usage with the beat cadence subtract from this track though. - 3/5

Nothing - I still am not a fan of the beat like that, Lody could've done better. Lyrically this is one of Jeezy's stronger tracks on 103 though. "And I aint feelin what you sayin hoe, you out of place. I'll have you feelin what I'm sprayin, yeah it's on my waist". A lot of quotable bars from Jizzle this time around. Despite the beat - 5/5

Way Too Gone (feat. Future)
- This track also grew on me, couldn't stand it at first. About the 5th time listening it started hitting me that it was better than I was giving it credit. A little story telling from Jeezy & I can relate to bein way too gone. Plenty of nights I've been faded off some liquor, can't say the same about "white" though. Future, let's not even waste time on this cat. - 3/5

Supafreak (feat. 2 Chainz) - D. Rich on the beat, have to say I'm a little disappointed by the execution. Instrumentally this song is lacking that "it" factor. This track reminds me a lot of Lesbian (from Trappin Ain't Dead) lyrically. 2 Chainz actually drops a good verse this time, surprised by that too. - 3/5

All We Do (Smoke and fu*k) - More story telling about the broads from Jizzle this time. Can't really relate because I don't smoke, but if it were all we do is drink & fu*k then I'd feel it 100%. A decent sample use from Midnight Black on the instrumentals. This track is forgettable though honestly. - 2.5/5

Leave You Alone (feat. Ne-Yo) - This one's for the females obviously but I fu*ks with it the short way. Warren G could've done better with the piano riffs but Ne-Yo's feature is a good fit. Lyrically from Jeezy it's so so. "Wake up in the morning and I'm still here, wake up in the morning and I ain't gone" - c'mon son. Other than a few bad lines it's decent - 3/5

Everythang - The intro screams Lody lol. Jeezy singing though, that's unexpected and the execution could've been done better. This reminds me a lot of Nothing as its another bottom from the top story from Jeezy. I like hearing these from Jeezy though. The singing though holds this track back sadly. - 3/5

Trapped - When I first heard this I was like whoa. Jill Scott goin at Rozay too?! image J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League did a great job of building the best beat on 103 around what Jill Scott gave them (check the back story on this if you don't understand). Lyrically Jeezy does what he's supposed to do on this beat. - 5/5

F.A.M.E. (feat. T.I.) - Ah, more nostalgia. This reminds me of the Trap or Die II Jeezy that we got in the summer of 2010, a Jeezy I fu*ked with heavily mind you. A lot of people were complaining about Jeezy not bringin 'trap rap' back on this track but I fu*ked with this heavily when it dropped & still do now. Lyrically it's one of Jeezy's strongest tracks in his entire catalog. T.I.'s feature is dope too. - 5/5

I Do (feat. Jay-Z & Andre 3000) - Dope beat, love the sample that M16 used. Sadly that's where the dopeness ends. Jeezy's verse was solid as well as Andre 3stacks' verse. Jay-Z's verse was one of the worst I've heard from him though. Major disappointment this track was. - 1/5

Higher Learning (feat. Snoop Dogg, Devin the Dude, & Mitchelle'l) - Love this track right here. Such a chill vibe on the beat that Lil C built. D. O. Double G does his thing as he should with his feature. This track just wouldn't be right without Devin the Dude. Mitchelle'l's singing was nice too. Perfect track. - 5/5

This Ones For You (feat. Trick Daddy) - This track is a perfect reply to Ross even if inadvertent by Jeezy. Trick Daddy goes the fu*k in on Ross though "Raise ya hand and swear you wasn't my number 1 fan". Even if it wasn't serious between the two, it might be after this track. - 5/5

Verdict: 51.5/70 = 73.5% (C-) | A solid album from Jeezy this time around. TM 103 > TM 102, but it's not even close to the Recession or Thug Motivation 101.

Last edited by Retro; 12-19-2011 at 05:05 PM..

105 comments for "Fade's Review of ‘Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition’"

6 years ago '11        #2
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
The last 4 tracks are deluxe edition tracks, that's why I didn't add them. sh*t the review is long enough as it is
 6 years ago '11        #3
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
i do is a 1/5!??!
I hate that song with a passion
 6 years ago '10        #4
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
All We Do 2.5/5
 6 years ago '11        #5
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 Mocking Mind said:
All We Do 2.5/5
Like I said it's forgettable. It's my second least listened to track off 103 behind I Do
 6 years ago '10        #6
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,667 | Props total: 172 172
yea its his opinion but

all we do

is

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #7
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
i think that song with future is the best song on there. that's my opinion though. i feel inna nother world blastin that.
 6 years ago '05        #8
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,461 | Props total: 25175 25175
 Fade said:
The last 4 tracks are deluxe edition tracks, that's why I didn't add them. sh*t the review is long enough as it is
...Well Just Give A Score On The Tracks. Im Curious To See A Score For .38 Featuring Gibbs and Never Be The Same From You.
 6 years ago '11        #9
Lucky Lefty14 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 65 65
We can agree to disagree on a few songs, most notably OJ, I Do and Way Too Gone, but everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect that.

TM101-5/5
Recession 4.75/5
TM103-4.25/5
TM102-4/5
 6 years ago '04        #10
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
i disagree
 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM         #11
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this n*gga gave a 2.5 for All We Do
 6 years ago '08        #12
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12599 12599
Bum n*ggaz on bx giving album reviews now
 6 years ago '11        #13
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
Maybe 'All We Do' will grow on me, but it hasn't yet

Fresh Whyte said:
...Well Just Give A Score On The Tracks. Im Curious To See A Score For .38 Featuring Gibbs and Never Be The Same From You.
.38 (feat. Freddie Gibbs) - I fu*ked with this track heavily before Gibbs hopped on it. Once he did hop on it just made it that much better. - 5/5

Ballin' (feat. Lil' Wayne) - I like the beat, reminds me of 101 a lot. Lyrically it's decent from both Jeezy & Wayne. - 3/5

Lose My Mind (feat. Plies)
- Had this track in constant rotation in 2010, but always fast forwarded past Plies' verse. Some like it, I can't fu*k with it or him period. Despite plies - 4/5

Never Be the Same - Not sure why this didn't make the album. One of the best tracks I've ever heard from Jeezy. - 5/5
 6 years ago '10        #14
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
 NotoriousKCK said:
How can you say a song has a dope beat and solid verses from two of the three contributors, yet give it a 1/5? Your song explanations don't really match up with the scores.

In my opinion, the entire album is forgettable. I don't imagine that I'll be playing anything off of this album in the future, aside from possibly What I Do, F.A.M.E., and Trapped. And I like the first three albums - the production on this album does absolutely nothing for me. The entire record kind of feels like he was just going through the motions.
well damn.... i could understand where u coming from though, he wasnt as agressive lyrically as he was the 1st 3 albums or on his trappin aint dead or trap or die 2 mixtape

Last edited by jt satan; 12-19-2011 at 05:02 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #15
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,497 | Props total: 6073 6073
n*ggaz still sleepin on 102 i see
 6 years ago '11        #16
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 NotoriousKCK said:
How can you say a song has a dope beat and solid verses from two of the three contributors, yet give it a 1/5? Your song explanations don't really match up with the scores.
If the song was just an instrumental it would be a 4/5. You overestimate the meaning of the word "solid". A average verse from 2/3 & a HORRIBLE verse from someone who was supposed to body the track is what subtracts from the track. The meaning for the score fits it perfectly.

The Blueprint said:
Bum n*ggaz on bx giving album reviews now
Bum n*ggaz still throwin their 2 cents at me like I asked for it
 6 years ago '10        #17
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
ayo fade..

Drich did superfreak. you might want to change that lol
 6 years ago '04        #18
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,569 | Props total: 2429 2429
I don't hate I Do but I don't like it either. It's one of those songs that I'mabout. All We Do is dope though
 6 years ago '10        #19
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
n*ggaz still sleepin on 102 i see
man idk why n*ggas hate 102 so much
 6 years ago '11        #20
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 jt satan said:
man idk why n*ggas hate 102 so much
I don't hate it, it's just the worst Jeezy album of the 4
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy