Dec 17 - 35 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education Has Become A Giant Money Making Scam

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #81
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 nastynoble said:
23 years old. entrepreneur. making on average 5k monthly but working for MYSELF!

i wake up when i want to. sleep when i want to. take vacations when i want to. i just have to work when its time.

my 60k self employment>>>105k under an someone else. IMO
What ever makes you sleep good at night..no hate over here
 6 years ago '06        #82
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 Optimus Crime said:
sorry but it kinda seems like you're hating here. For me... Self employment garnering 90k would probably be better than 105k under someone else (Just being honest) I was make at 60k selling cars

Dude gets days off... It's not like he's a slave. he probably gets benefits provided. Not to mention fringe benefits of being in Pharm... plus he makes almost 9 a month.... almost double the 5. Him being at 105k gives him enough disposable income [unless he lives in excess which could happen] to become an entrepreneur if he wanted to. And he gets the stability of employed work. Plus it's not like he can't take vacations at all... in fact... he has the gets paid for his lol

Edit: I'm just saying it's not a scam for everyone. They say there's more than one way to skin a cat. Like every investment opportunity... there is an opportunity for scam... But that doesn't predicate a fact that the entire institution in itself is a scam...

I mean your moms may have $100k with her masters degree and make what she makes. But when it's all said and done with my law degree I'll have around only 60k. It's about planning and opportunities... If I can work into the job I'm interning for I would be a 26 year old with 60k debt making 145k plus up to 35k in bonuses a year... I'm just saying...
Couldn't have said it better myself
 6 years ago '10        #83
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
Current College student myself......
Learning alot just by reading what you guys put up. Much appreciated.....

I'm 24 and I will take my chances with a college degree rather than not having one......Just sayin....
 6 years ago '07        #84
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
Stop majoring in non-math based liberal arts fields dumbasses
 6 years ago '07        #85
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
 RedLight said:
Use college, don't let college use you.

I'll tell you this much, real education is OUTSIDE of the school system.
^^^ Smartest statement made in this thread..
 6 years ago '07        #86
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
alright well college is def. not for me, this past semester i got placed on academic dismissal so i can't go back next semester. So ima see what's up if i can get an appeal, if not, fuk it. I have like passed like 6-7 classes in 2 years at community college.

But it's BS like wtf do i need to learn about the shyt they teach you in "basics" seriously, wtf! Lol
 6 years ago '07        #87
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 Optimus Crime said:
sorry but it kinda seems like you're hating here. For me... Self employment garnering 90k would probably be better than 105k under someone else (Just being honest) I was make at 60k selling cars

Dude gets days off... It's not like he's a slave. he probably gets benefits provided. Not to mention fringe benefits of being in Pharm... plus he makes almost 9 a month.... almost double the 5. Him being at 105k gives him enough disposable income [unless he lives in excess which could happen] to become an entrepreneur if he wanted to. And he gets the stability of employed work. Plus it's not like he can't take vacations at all... in fact... he gets paid for his lol

Edit: I'm just saying it's not a scam for everyone. They say there's more than one way to skin a cat. Like every investment opportunity... there is an opportunity for scam... But that doesn't predicate a fact that the entire institution in itself is a scam...

I mean your moms may have $100k with her masters degree and make what she makes. But when it's all said and done with my law degree I'll have around only 60k. It's about planning and opportunities... If I can work into the job I'm interning for I would be a 26 year old with 60k debt making 145k plus up to 35k in bonuses a year... I'm just saying...
i wasnt hating at all. just stating my accompliments. even if you were hitting that 60k mark you were still working at a dealership? have you ever owned a business? its a completely different thing than working for someone else. not necessarily better, just different. and yes im completely happy making my 5 gs a month. and still would be even if i was making double that working for someone elses company. i dont answer to ANYBODY...if i fu*k up its on me. as far as vacations...i completely love what i do. i often hit up the clothing trade shows as part of my vacation but also get networking done. this is my first year and i have met my projections and then some. if i work hard enough i will see at least 25-30% growth in the coming year. in the end im pretty sure i love what i do more than he loves being a pharmacist.

i think its great that "college" helped do that for him but we dont know the debt he has accrued. what is that salary worth with a debt of lets go with your number for lawschool...60k...lets say he also bought a house and a nice whip. thats indentured for life and 60 thousand of it is not a house or a car, its a piece of paper.

the sad thing is, that big a.ss investment in your law degree still doesnt insure that you will make what studies project you will make. i have 3 friends with law degrees that arent able to start their own practice because of their debt. one of them works at walmart, one works under a DA and the other...fu*k i dont know where he is. so what is different with them that they are not making 145k? what is your plan that will differentiate your future? if you make it happen thats dope. the odds are against you in getting out of that debt anytime soon.
 6 years ago '08        #88
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,060 | Props total: 4843 4843
If you're someone like me and getting a Liberal Arts major, then you gotta do more than graduate w/honors. It's more of you building connections and networks through your Department heads, and also interning, mainly for free, like crazy over the summer and Spring Semesters(I play football in the falll, so that's outta the question)
 6 years ago '04        #89
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 ballislife said:
Lol the same thing I did...how was life immediately after dropping out?
Honestly, not that different, aside from more sleep and less stress. I been freelancing even before I attended college, the only major difference is that without having to go to school, I was able to focus more on building my small business and was able to take on a lot more clients than I would be able to when I was juggling useless school a.ssignments and sh-t.

And to the other cats: please don't buy the BS from posters in this thread about "being successful with a degree >>>>" -- it's all a matter of what you're doing with your life and what industry you're in.

As a freelance graphic designer, a degree is little to no help to me. And most of the people I know with degrees either suck at designing or can't get a 9-5 if their life depended on it. Obviously, if you're in the medical or law field for example, college is inevitable, but it's definitely not a mandatory milestone.

I take pride in going against the grain and society's standards. It paid off in 2 years more than a college degree would pay off in even 5 years for me.

EDIT: For the record, I got nothing against the school system. It did its job for me (I'm 21, I have a 132 IQ, and I can read/write/count ) and it's not necessarily a scam if you know how to work the system to your advantage and you're actually smart enough to be attending college.

Last edited by RYLNYC; 12-18-2011 at 10:29 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #90
chirpflare 173 heat pts173 OP
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
 nastynoble said:
i wasnt hating at all. just stating my accompliments. even if you were hitting that 60k mark you were still working at a dealership? have you ever owned a business? its a completely different thing than working for someone else. not necessarily better, just different. and yes im completely happy making my 5 gs a month. and still would be even if i was making double that working for someone elses company. i dont answer to ANYBODY...if i fu*k up its on me. as far as vacations...i completely love what i do. i often hit up the clothing trade shows as part of my vacation but also get networking done. this is my first year and i have met my projections and then some. if i work hard enough i will see at least 25-30% growth in the coming year. in the end im pretty sure i love what i do more than he loves being a pharmacist.

i think its great that "college" helped do that for him but we dont know the debt he has accrued. what is that salary worth with a debt of lets go with your number for lawschool...60k...lets say he also bought a house and a nice whip. thats indentured for life and 60 thousand of it is not a house or a car, its a piece of paper.

the sad thing is, that big a.ss investment in your law degree still doesnt insure that you will make what studies project you will make. i have 3 friends with law degrees that arent able to start their own practice because of their debt. one of them works at walmart, one works under a DA and the other...fu*k i dont know where he is. so what is different with them that they are not making 145k? what is your plan that will differentiate your future? if you make it happen thats dope. the odds are against you in getting out of that debt anytime soon.

good sh*t bro...

the most important part that these cats dont realize is that the sky is the ceiling for entrepreneurs like you. owning your own business opens more doors than being an employee. 5 years from now you have a possibility to double, triple your salary or even hit it big. whereas in 5 years homie will be making 10k more but still be working at walgreens reading prescriptions for depressed old ladies.
 6 years ago '05        #91
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
iu vthink the biggest problem with college is... when u get out of high school, they havent shown you the routes to take to get what you want... because you dont know what u want.
 12-18-2011, 10:46 PM         #92
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
scholarship got me through college
 12-18-2011, 10:52 PM         #93
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Optimus Crime said:

Dude gets days off... It's not like he's a slave. he probably gets benefits provided. Not to mention fringe benefits of being in Pharm... plus he makes almost 9 a month.... almost double the 5. Him being at 105k gives him enough disposable income [unless he lives in excess which could happen] to become an entrepreneur if he wanted to. And he gets the stability of employed work. Plus it's not like he can't take vacations at all... in fact... he gets paid for his lol

Dude, we all know you're lying. You're not interning for Baker and Mckenzie, you probably don't know the difference between self employed income, and occupational income according to the IRS, you have a gamertag posted in your signature, meaning you are a loser who spends a good a lot of time playing video games (i.e. wasting time, not studying, not working or bettering yourself), you're not going to be making $145k fresh out of law school, then to top it all off, you threw out $60,000 in student loan debt, like that's not an exhorbant figure. America has truly bred some retards.
 12-18-2011, 10:56 PM         #94
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess some of the people on this list saw that college wasn't really necessary.

But then again, they weren't complete idiots like the majority of the college applicants who actually would benefit from attending college and becoming a compensated peasant.

Last edited by ahenson; 12-18-2011 at 10:58 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #95
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
ppl gatta do their research

research statistics, starting salarys, how difficiult is it entry into the workforce with said degree, current status of workforce, education and experience requirements

i know with a finance bba wont get me a job on wallstreet, continued education ie mba will give me a significant greater possibility of entry into a workforce, talking 30-50 percent of graduating students from that school of business, already looked into interships, ive met some people already who work in the investing banking side of certain financial institutions, that with the fact that i am planning of studying abroad looking into possibly london studying the european markets, even with all that i know i am not garanteed a job - but i am giving myself the best possibly chances of just doing that

if all that fails i have accounting i can fallback, similair courses are needed for both degrees, just higher intermediate levels of accounts which would only take me 1 year more

and i will have done that with absolutely no debt

went to community college, transfered to moderately priced public instate university (state of florida has 4-5 public universitys in the top 10 of cheapest universitys tuition wise in the entire country) - financial aid and a job and i pay for my education, mom helps me out if im short, and ive taken no loans out

only thing i would consider taking out a loan for is my mba which hopefully land me in a top 30 school, so im already saving money for living expenses if it gets me there to where i have to move outta florida for graduate business school, which all top 30 schools are, and use some of the inheritance money from my dad
 6 years ago '07        #96
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,630 | Props total: 10694 10694
Who didn't know this Once people started getting degrees online I was like man degrees ain't worth sh*t...lol.
 6 years ago '06        #97
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,238 | Props total: 5042 5042
stack your money up and be your own boss
 6 years ago '06        #98
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,071 | Props total: 18870 18870
 MPLSallstar said:
Wait until you're 25 and you don't gotta pay sh*t for a college education.
this!

they pay me to go to school!!!
 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM         #99
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Major in something like business if you do go... much more worth it than psychology or communications or some dumb sh*t...
 6 years ago '06        #100
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,527 | Props total: 18007 18007
 Optimus Crime said:
Funny... I went to college... And I didn't get scammed...

Say man you think the MBA is really worth it? I'm in my 2L year... And we got a program where we can go joint (only an extra year if I hit up the summer classes)
Gettin an mba with no work experience makes no sense to me
Home         

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago