Dec 17 - 35 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education Has Become A Giant Money Making Scam

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
191 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-18-2011, 10:35 AM         #41
Jugganot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bobby doobie said:
and momma wanted me to go to college told her I'd be fine slanging dimes.
comes with a risk but at least slangin dimes will never get sold to china ppl will alwasy need they dimes
 12-18-2011, 10:38 AM         #42
DJ Kevgeez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darnbni99a said:
IN OTHER NEWS: I GRADUATE TOMORROW MUfu*kAS!!!!!!!!!!!
how much debt you got?
 6 years ago '04        #43
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,104 | Props total: 1356 1356
Im not a college fan, but the biggest issue is...college graduates generally still make such a larger amount over the course of their lives. You need a college degree to be a store level manager at Target.

these kids better be on that scholarship sh*t hard.
 12-18-2011, 10:44 AM         #44
Jugganot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nu Tymez said:
I graduated in 2005 with about 15K in loan debt which isn't bad over the course of 4 years.. It's not really a scam if you handle your business and take advantage of all the things allotted to you as a college student.. But I will say, as far as career it does come down to luck and who you know sometime, so don't be shy, get out there and network and intern, that ish is the most important thing you can do and can separate you from the million other 20 somethings out here looking for a job.. I have a high paying job right now that I can honestly say I got EXTREMELY lucky in getting..
thats the problem though.....ppl shouldnt have to compete for a job like that the fact is that basicly everybody will take a job and work hard if they get a job......even if u r the hardest worker and beat others its not like they were bein lazy n sh*t if only 1 out of the million can get the job then only 1 in a million got somthing out of their college or university......that is the problem not enough jobs, so they raise YOUR taxes since u got the job and give free money to ppl cuz they tryin but there is no work, why not send 100 percent of unemployment to creating jobs, at least the infrasructure will advance while your giving money away
 6 years ago '07        #45
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,664 | Props total: 4412 4412
I lost my basketball scholarship my sophomore year because of a wrong choice I made, but I only owe 30K in tuition...:iough:
 6 years ago '06        #46
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,424 | Props total: 3135 3135
 ThRoWeD MaN LaN said:
When people go to college just to go to college then you will have problems. I know someone who is majoring in psychology yet has no intentions of being a psychologist or continuing school after graduating. What sense does that make?

If you don't want to get scammed then don't go to college, so simple.
You described me n*gga! Honestly, i havn't decided if i'm gonna stick with it being my major but my reasoning for it is my brother also has a bachelors in psychology and his job has nothing to do with it and he's making bank.
 6 years ago '05        #47
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
And how successful are people who didn't go to college compared to people who got their degrees?

I'll wait.

and I'm talking on average. Don't use rappers and actors to prove your point

Also, alot of people have no idea what they are doing in college and end up taking bullsh*t classes.
 6 years ago '07        #48
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
I dropped out. Sh*t just wasn't for me. I won't say that it's a scam, but it's too damn expensive. Not everyone is gonna qualify for a scholarship/financial aid. All I can say is that you can make it without a degree. Of course you're gonna have to work hard and believe in yourself. Don't let anyone discourage you because you don't have that so called magical paper. Make your own way.
 6 years ago '09        #49
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187
Most of this is crap. College is what you make it. If you go to school, even a crappy school, make the most out of it. Take advantage of the scholarships, and internships. If you don't go looking for them then you most likely won't get any. The only real problem is that people think they are supposed to be handed something when you have to work for it. If you do get handed something then you were either privileged, knew the right people or lucky.

Granted that the money for schools are a bit drastic, if you go to college and make the right connections, take advantage of your school resources, do well in your classes and join a couple clubs and do community service, I guarantee you will be one of the graduates with a job.

You don't have to go to college in some instances but you will have to work a lot harder and outshine most graduates. It is doable but a lot of people don't have that drive to succeed this way.

Oh and don't be afraid to ask for help. I don't know if it is my own experiences or what but it seems like people try their best to not ask for help and attempt big tasks on their own. Some of the most wealthiest people made it because they asked for help. The school is there to help you, so ask for help. Go to your guidance counselor/ advisor and let them know your goals and ask for help. Make use of the tools at your disposal because once you graduate, I guarantee them n*ggas won't care about you anymore lol.

I know i'm writing a lot but I hope someone can take from this. Also try and get at least one internship per year, even if it is unpaid. Unpaid internships >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some minimum wage job you got to buy sneakers. Internships are like finding gold and in some cases a company will increase your starting salary just because you have certain internships. 6 months interning for a bump in a salary sounds like a good idea to me

Last edited by Dice; 12-18-2011 at 12:22 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #50
Alf 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 0 0
 Optimus Crime said:
Funny... I went to college... And I didn't get scammed...

Say man you think the MBA is really worth it? I'm in my 2L year... And we got a program where we can go joint (only an extra year if I hit up the summer classes)
I'm in my 2L year as well. No regrets, except I look in the mirror every day and punch myself in the fact for taking evidence.
 6 years ago '06        #51
taboo1169 
space
space
$1,450 | Props total: 0 0
The true scam is not informing people of their earning potential with, or without a college degree. You show me a Doctor with no formal education? Yeah its a give and take situation. Over 66% of students leave college in debt, but what about their earning potential? How much more do they make over a lifetime than someone who does not go to school? That is the key fact too. Plus Loan debt is good debt compared to credit card debt, or something like that. So, you need to factor in all of these things before making a blanket statement about College being a scam.
 6 years ago '10        #52
beeboywhoo 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,191 | Props total: 2361 2361
 Sivraj said:
So glad that I dropped out of college debt free and using my work money and credit to invest into real estate.
 6 years ago '07        #53
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2525 2525
 nastynoble said:
College sports coaches make millions of dollars while top Professors make a fraction of that.

anybody have anything to say about that?

what are colleges saying to their own students?
I dunno... my poli sci professor (not a poli sci major btw) had a SL550 and a Platinum Sequoia

jeehtoven said:
Get scholarships, and pursue a technical/scientific/mathematical/engineering degree with a business or liberal arts minor.
It's good. I had about 7800 in debt when I graduated... And due to the long term debt and the minimal payments I had like a 675+ Credit score (on accident) when I went to get a car after I graduated. Now post grad loans... that's another story lol

And yeah man... Engineers will never have problems getting a job. My kinfolk got a job offer with Frito Lay before he even started his last semester at Undergrad

Alf said:
I'm in my 2L year as well. No regrets, except I look in the mirror every day and punch myself in the fact for taking evidence.
yeah man... Evidence was that bullsh*t LMAO... But Federal Income Tax was the devil

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 12-18-2011 at 12:43 PM..
 12-18-2011, 12:57 PM         #54
Jamjay17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dice said:
Most of this is crap. College is what you make it. If you go to school, even a crappy school, make the most out of it. Take advantage of the scholarships, and internships. If you don't go looking for them then you most likely won't get any. The only real problem is that people think they are supposed to be handed something when you have to work for it. If you do get handed something then you were either privileged, knew the right people or lucky.

Granted that the money for schools are a bit drastic, if you go to college and make the right connections, take advantage of your school resources, do well in your classes and join a couple clubs and do community service, I guarantee you will be one of the graduates with a job.

You don't have to go to college in some instances but you will have to work a lot harder and outshine most graduates. It is doable but a lot of people don't have that drive to succeed this way.

Oh and don't be afraid to ask for help. I don't know if it is my own experiences or what but it seems like people try their best to not ask for help and attempt big tasks on their own. Some of the most wealthiest people made it because they asked for help. The school is there to help you, so ask for help. Go to your guidance counselor/ advisor and let them know your goals and ask for help. Make use of the tools at your disposal because once you graduate, I guarantee them n*ggas won't care about you anymore lol.

I know i'm writing a lot but I hope someone can take from this. Also try and get at least one internship per year, even if it is unpaid. Unpaid internships >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some minimum wage job you got to buy sneakers. Internships are like finding gold and in some cases a company will increase your starting salary just because you have certain internships. 6 months interning for a bump in a salary sounds like a good idea to me
:agreement6: :agreement6: Glad somebody has some sense.... some of yall talk out yall a.ss
successful people with degrees>>>>>>>>>> people without one
 12-18-2011, 01:03 PM         #55
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmfao you won't get anywhere without college, this is bullsh*t, without the fact of looking at rothschilds, alan greenspan, monkey-obama.com, and the rest of the democrats who freely hand out money we don't have...the fu*k, if you're lazy, you don't get money, you don't eat you die...or you get a job and you can eat...fu*k every black person who doesn't work but has an escalade from welfare stamps and not feeding their babies....I'm very happy to say I'm still in college, and probably, from what I've read, I have 5-10x the amount of a.ssets so far of anyone in this thread...I'll smoke a blunt to that and laugh my entire way to the bank every time gold goes up counting the money I made, and the money you lost from obama and your ignorance of american financial politics...
 6 years ago '04        #56
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
It's really not just because the amount of jobs that require a college degree. Even though it is stupid because most the time you don't need a degree to do these jobs but since it is a requirement people have to do it.

Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you are smart or smarter than a person without one though... I know plenty of college graduates that I can't believe they graduated, honestly met some really stupid/ignorant people with degrees not to say there isn't plenty of those people without degrees also.

Honestly college is a waste of time/money in the sense that most jobs that people will get don't require any of the information you learned in college but sense every employer wants to see that degree is the only reason it is useful unless you want to be engineer, lawyer, doctor etc
 6 years ago '10        #57
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,304 | Props total: 1960 1960
nothing shocking... nowadays, if you wanna make that real $ you need to go to college
 12-18-2011, 01:23 PM         #58
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know sooo many folks that are working in retail with NO plans of going to college.......they don't have no plans of starting a business either...so it's like wtf? what's your next move in life?

and i've also worked with a slew of folks that have degree's and they aren't doing absolutely sh*t with them....right there making way less money than they intended to make.

i'm talking no school, not even trade school..........and I guess they are surrounded by a bunch of folks that don't do the school thing.....so when you're surrounded by a bunch of motherfu*kers that have no care for school period or a bunch of folks that have graduated college and have obtained their degree, but they're working right there along side you dealing with bi*ch a.ss customers....it kind of opens your eyes to some sh*t......you either do one or two things.......

1. You get determined being around all of those people that don't plan on doing sh*t when it comes to school and the folks that have graduated but is right there with you.

2. You get depressed, lose hope on the school sh*t, and simply just give up......because you think well if all of these people aren't doing sh*t with their degrees, and the other folks just don't give a fu*k about school period, then I might as well just not even try.

Im on that number 1 sh*t, I refuse to just settle when I know I can get a degree and make some serious money.......but since working in retail and getting to know people, I've never thought I'd know so many folks that just can't simply stand the thought of school....classroom's are not their thing at ALL! and some of these folks are young as hell....it's like after high school, they all just say fu*k it I'm done.
 6 years ago '09        #59
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838
2 me the government should pay for a student to at least get an a.ssociate degree and im talking the full amount as well not just grants and then if you wanna get a four-year degree or higher you should have to take out loans then and also receive grant money.
 6 years ago '04        #60
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
College isn't for everyone but it is proven on average that those with degrees will make more, not that you can't make your own way without one, but it will be harder.

You can join the electricians union out here in the Bay Area and will end up making over/under 100k a year once you are done with your apprenticeship.
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago