Dec 17 - 35 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education Has Become A Giant Money Making Scam

most viewed right now
 176
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 86
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
19 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 55
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
214 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
audio inside Bow Wow Lowkey Had One Of THE GREATEST MIXTAPES RUN OF ALL TIME, Most U..
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
I graduated in June and havent been able to find a decent job so far but Ill be starting dental school next year so its really not that big of a deal. Ill be in huge debt though in 5 years.
 6 years ago '07        #22
dhead_txn 
space
avatar space
space
$910 | Props total: 31 31
I graduated college in August and was laid off from my summer job the week after. During the time I was unemployed I put in over 300 applications and ended up getting a $10/hr job as a cook. I would highly recommend getting an internship before you graduate in the field that you are going into. I have a BA in Business Administration with no experience in any type of professional field that is not manual labor. There are jobs to be had but the suck! I have to find a second job to pay my student loan once it comes due in a couple of months.
 6 years ago '04        #23
askifan04 
space
avatar space
space
$315 | Props total: 0 0
College Education should = better job and more money. If you dont get that, you lose.
 6 years ago '10        #24
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 8099 8099
College is overrated unless your going for a specific field that requires higher learning. Law, Medicine, Accounting, or Science. Business and everything else you really can learn on your own. I know at least 3 owners of multimillion dollar companies that said they graduated with barely a 2.0. If you want to be a multimillionaire it isnt about what you learn in college, if you want to work for a multimillionaire and make some real money, they are going to want you to have done well in college :lachen001:
 6 years ago '08        #25
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 dhead_txn said:
I graduated college in August and was laid off from my summer job the week after. During the time I was unemployed I put in over 300 applications and ended up getting a $10/hr job as a cook. I would highly recommend getting an internship before you graduate in the field that you are going into. I have a BA in Business Administration with no experience in any type of professional field that is not manual labor. There are jobs to be had but the suck! I have to find a second job to pay my student loan once it comes due in a couple of months.
how much are you in debt, if you dont mind me askin?
 6 years ago '07        #26
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 dhead_txn said:
I graduated college in August and was laid off from my summer job the week after. During the time I was unemployed I put in over 300 applications and ended up getting a $10/hr job as a cook. I would highly recommend getting an internship before you graduate in the field that you are going into. I have a BA in Business Administration with no experience in any type of professional field that is not manual labor. There are jobs to be had but the suck! I have to find a second job to pay my student loan once it comes due in a couple of months.
not to be a prick but i always laugh at business majors...graduate with little to no business experience besides little class projects or stock market simulations and many of them think they gonna automatically be able to start their own business.

people aint getting no business loans with mad college debt on their names. my partners and i have been turned down once already and we were only asking for 15k. loan officer looked at my other two partners debt situation and was like
 6 years ago '07        #27
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
I have felonies, whats the point in going back to college anyway?


but if you take it seriously and do what you're supposed to do I dont think college is a scam.......its a business but not a scam
no, it is a scam because we are Made to believe that WITHOUT a college degree there is little to NO possibility of finding a high paying job and being successful.

if you dont believe how hard this conditioning has been programmed...just look back to the posts in the first page.

But dont expect to be a lawyer, doctor, or alot of the 100k+ careers without that education. Its that simple.
ok...a lawyer and doctor...thats fine to say. but this dude believes that we shouldnt expect to find 100k careers without a piece of paper that offers nothing tangible. x-ray technicians make a good living and dont require a college degree.
 12-18-2011, 09:02 AM         #28
TimmyGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiestoFriendly said:
Yo I know some ppl doin that too. Why would anyone even major in psychology in this day and age? there's like no money or jobs in fu*king psychology. at least no lucrative jobs. i agree with some of the things on that list man. College is waay too expensive and it keeps getting higher. i'm in community college right now and financial aid pays for 90% of my tuition. i refuse to pay a sh*tload of money for college and end up in debt with student loans. that's dumb sh*t. :/ but really, things need to change. i feel like college screws over many people and just takes their money. it's like we're all expected to go to college after high school and many of us don't plan it out or think about why we're going. we just go and end up spending more money than necessary.
So, what should people major in? I'm in my second year of studying Forensic Psychology, I'm quite curious.
 6 years ago '11        #29
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 5158 5158
fu*k.........I got 1 degree and im going back to school of stuff summer to get anotha in criminal justice
 12-18-2011, 09:16 AM         #30
Inferno724 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You need that college exp. to learn networking, nothing more. You need to consider going to college as an investment in America just like buying a house or rolling the dice in the stock market. Look at all your favorite Billionaires, Bill Gates , Mark Zuckerburg( Think thats how you spell it?) Steve Jobs, sh*t even theatrical a.ss Kanye West. All went to college made some connects then made millond dollar plus moves. Degrees don't give you exp, which is what %90 of jobs hiring are looking for so al the degrees in the world don't mean sh*t if you ain't got a connect on the inside, like a internship gets your foot in the door or you know the cat that runs the companys son or something. You gotta have a rise & grind mentality & alotta cats aint built for cuban linx ya dig? Most cats wanna go to college & be like:dancingcool: then they get out and see them bills & be like You gotta be rubbin elbows with the movers & shakers while you there if you want to get some paper fam. real talk.
 6 years ago '07        #31
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 Inferno724 said:
You need that college exp. to learn networking, nothing more. You need to consider going to college as an investment in America just like buying a house or rolling the dice in the stock market. Look at all your favorite Billionaires, Bill Gates , Mark Zuckerburg( Think thats how you spell it?) Steve Jobs, sh*t even theatrical a.ss Kanye West. All went to college made some connects then made millond dollar plus moves. Degrees don't give you exp, which is what %90 of jobs hiring are looking for so al the degrees in the world don't mean sh*t if you ain't got a connect on the inside, like a internship gets your foot in the door or you know the cat that runs the companys son or something. You gotta have a rise & grind mentality & alotta cats aint built for cuban linx ya dig? Most cats wanna go to college & be like:dancingcool: then they get out and see them bills & be like You gotta be rubbin elbows with the movers & shakers while you there if you want to get some paper fam. real talk.
sure, its an investment but at least when you invest in a house you actually get a place to live in. your "wealth" grows.

i with the rest of what you say though.
 6 years ago '07        #32
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 specialk103185 said:
College is not a waste of money. But the cost is too high. There will always be success stories of people that didn't graduate college or graduated with a 2.0 and are now multi-millionaires but these are exceptions not the norm. Having a college degree helps a great deal when you are looking for a job, and it helps you get promotions once you've found one. My college degree has opened a lot of doors for me. Not only that but i learned a lot about how the world works in college that I wouldn't have necessarily gotten on my own--or I would have had to learn in hard lessons that would have cost me more than 4 years.
what did you learn in college that you cant find on the internet?

we have all the resources at home to learn the things we want to and that we need.
 6 years ago '07        #33
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 TimmyGee said:
So, what should people major in? I'm in my second year of studying Forensic Psychology, I'm quite curious.
engineering.
 6 years ago '06        #34
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
I get all that stuff and you can't disagree with most of those stats, but that doesn't mean you should drop out or not go to college. That's a losing excuse, unless you have a legit fallback and most people don't. Truth be told, a lot of these kids are obsessed with "the college experience" and they're in over their heads. I don't know about other states but here you can go to community college, transfer the credits to a 4 year school and be out with much less debt if you can deal with not living on campus.

I think that this has become a popular argument because people want an excuse to not go to school. Engineering jobs, science and math jobs, etc. are all jobs that are out there but supposedly visual arts majors are through the roof. Something's f'ked up.
 6 years ago '04        #35
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
Get scholarships, and pursue a technical/scientific/mathematical/engineering degree with a business or liberal arts minor.
 6 years ago '10        #36
hockeysniper 
space
avatar space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
Well its not a scam for me, I'm getting an accounting degree at a top-25 business school, and through financial aid and scholarships, I won't be paying a thing until my last semester (you need 150 credits for the CPA). You just have to be smart about where you go and set yourself up for success and scholarship money by doing well in high school.
 6 years ago '04        #37
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 Inferno724 said:
You need that college exp. to learn networking, nothing more. You need to consider going to college as an investment in America just like buying a house or rolling the dice in the stock market. Look at all your favorite Billionaires, Bill Gates , Mark Zuckerburg( Think thats how you spell it?) Steve Jobs, sh*t even theatrical a.ss Kanye West. All went to college made some connects then made millond dollar plus moves. Degrees don't give you exp, which is what %90 of jobs hiring are looking for so al the degrees in the world don't mean sh*t if you ain't got a connect on the inside, like a internship gets your foot in the door or you know the cat that runs the companys son or something. You gotta have a rise & grind mentality & alotta cats aint built for cuban linx ya dig? Most cats wanna go to college & be like:dancingcool: then they get out and see them bills & be like You gotta be rubbin elbows with the movers & shakers while you there if you want to get some paper fam. real talk.
This is mostly true.. No one wants to work for free but its an investment.. You need to be interning every opportunity you get.. Forget that sh*tty $10 a hour summer job.. Go do a internship in the field you're trying to get into.. Because when you graduate, those are the people you will want to know.. They will be more likely to give you the job since they already know you're a hard worker when you were working for free... Trust me, if I knew what I know now then, things would have been totally different.. But like I said before, I still lucked up and got a good job, but I am still not in my field, I would like to be in my field, but for the benefits and the amount of money I am being paid, I could not turn it down..
 6 years ago '07        #38
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 hockeysniper said:
Well its not a scam for me, I'm getting an accounting degree at a top-25 business school, and through financial aid and scholarships, I won't be paying a thing until my last semester (you need 150 credits for the CPA). You just have to be smart about where you go and set yourself up for success and scholarship money by doing well in high school.
it is a scam if people have been mislead.

i doesnt matter when you start paying your loans off if the amount is sky fu*king high CPA genius.
 6 years ago '07        #39
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
College sports coaches make millions of dollars while top Professors make a fraction of that.

anybody have anything to say about that?

what are colleges saying to their own students?
 6 years ago '07        #40
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 beantown said:
I get all that stuff and you can't disagree with most of those stats, but that doesn't mean you should drop out or not go to college. That's a losing excuse, unless you have a legit fallback and most people don't. Truth be told, a lot of these kids are obsessed with "the college experience" and they're in over their heads. I don't know about other states but here you can go to community college, transfer the credits to a 4 year school and be out with much less debt if you can deal with not living on campus.

I think that this has become a popular argument because people want an excuse to not go to school. Engineering jobs, science and math jobs, etc. are all jobs that are out there but supposedly visual arts majors are through the roof. Something's f'ked up.
im so tired of hearing this...wtf is a FALLBACK?

How exactly can i FALLBACK on my college degree if i cant even get a job in that field in the first place? than what do i fallback on? my college debt?
Home         
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy