Dec 17 - 35 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education Has Become A Giant Money Making Scam

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
203 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
9828 pageviews
129 comments

chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
Dec 17 - 35 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education Has Become A Giant Money Making Scam

[pic - click to view]

#1 After adjusting for inflation, U.S. college students are borrowing about twice as much money as they did a decade ago.

#2 According to the College Board, college tuition is absolutely soaring.

Average tuition and fees at public colleges rose 8.3 percent this year and, with room and board, now exceed $17,000 a year, according to the College Board.

#3 Average yearly tuition at private universities in the United States is now up to $27,293. That figure has increased by 29% in just the past five years.

#4 In America today, approximately two-thirds of all college students graduate with student loan debt.

#5 In 2010, the average college graduate had accumulated approximately $25,000 in student loan debt by graduation day.

#6 According to the Student Loan Debt Clock, total student loan debt in the United States will surpass the 1 trillion dollar mark in early 2012.

#7 The total amount of student loan debt in the United States now exceeds the total amount of credit card debt in the United States.

#8 Over the past 25 years, the cost of college tuition has increased at an average rate that is approximately 6% higher than the general rate of inflation.

#9 Back in 1952, a full year of tuition at Harvard was only $600. Today, it is $35,568.

#10 The cost of college textbooks has tripled over the past decade.

#11 One survey found that 23 percent of all college students actually use credit cards to pay for tuition or fees.

#12 According to recent Pew Research Center polling, 75% of all Americans believe that college is too expensive for most Americans to afford.

#13 College has become so expensive that it is causing many college students to do desperate things in order to pay for it. For example, an increasing number of young college women are actively advertising on the Internet for "sugar daddies" who will help them pay their college bills.

#14 The student loan default rate has nearly doubled since 2005.

#15 Approximately 14 percent of all students that graduate with student loan debt end up defaulting within 3 years of making their first student loan payment.

The Quality Of College Education In America Stinks

#16 The typical U.S. college student spends less than 30 hours a week on academics.

#17 According to very extensive research detailed in a new book entitled "Academically Adrift: Limited Learning on College Campuses", 45 percent of all U.S. college students exhibit "no significant gains in learning" after two years in college.

#18 Today, college students spend approximately 50% less time studying than U.S. college students did just a few decades ago.

#19 35% of U.S. college students spend 5 hours or less studying per week.

#20 50% of U.S. college students have never taken a class where they had to write more than 20 pages.

#21 32% of U.S. college students have never taken a class where they had to read more than 40 pages in a week.

#22 U.S. college students spend 24% of their time sleeping, 51% of their time socializing and 7% of their time studying.

#23 Federal statistics reveal that only 36 percent of the full-time students who began college in 2001 received a bachelor's degree within four years.

Not Enough Jobs For College Graduates

#24 Only 55.3% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 were employed last year. That was the lowest level that we have seen since World War II.

#25 According to the Economic Policy Institute, the "official" unemployment rate for college graduates younger than 25 years old was 9.3 percent in 2010.

#26 One-third of all college graduates end up taking jobs that don't even require college degrees.

#27 In the United States today, there are more than 100,000 janitors that have college degrees.

#28 In the United States today, 317,000 waiters and waitresses have college degrees.

#29 In the United States today, approximately 365,000 cashiers have college degrees.

#30 In the United States today, 24.5 percent of all retail salespeople have a college degree.

#31 The percentage of mail carriers with a college degree is now 4 times higher than it was back in 1970.

#32 Right now, there are 5.9 million Americans between the ages of 25 and 34 that are living with their parents.

#33 According to one recent survey, only 14 percent of all Americans that are 28 or 29 years old are optimistic about their financial futures.

#34 Record numbers of Americans are going to college, but incomes for young American adults just keep falling. Since the year 2000, incomes for U.S. households led by someone between the ages of 25 and 34 have fallen by about 12 percent after you adjust for inflation.

#35 Once they get out into the "real world", 70% of all college graduates wish that they had spent more time preparing for the "real world" while they were still in school.

[pic - click to view]

35 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education Has Become A Giant Money Making Scam - Flip The Pyramid - Be Part Of The Truth

129 comments for "Dec 17 - 35 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education Has Become A Giant Money Making Scam"

6 years ago '11        #2
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
and momma wanted me to go to college told her I'd be fine slanging dimes.
 6 years ago '08        #3
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,922 | Props total: 7312 7312
Theres a solution to pretty much all of those problems/things.

#1 After adjusting for inflation, U.S. college students are borrowing about twice as much money as they did a decade ago.

Pick the best college in state and GET scholarships. Over a billion dollars in grants and scholarships go unused every year People dont take advantage of much. I mean even with the books sh*t. U know how many used and old editions of books I buy a year. Since my sophomore year I havent spent more than 200 in total on books and thats including the fact I sold them back ofcourse. Dont stay on campus. as well. Schools r*pe you with that. Its unfortunate the cost of schools are so high. But thats the economy we live in today.

If u dont go to school thats fine. But dont expect to be a lawyer, doctor, or alot of the 100k+ careers without that education. Its that simple. I would have graduated with under 7000 in loans if it wasn't for the fact I needed money on the side. Solid number which I can easily pay back after I graduate.

#18 Today, college students spend approximately 50% less time studying than U.S. college students did just a few decades ago.

#20 50% of U.S. college students have never taken a class where they had to write more than 20 pages.

#21 32% of U.S. college students have never taken a class where they had to read more than 40 pages in a week.

That sounds like the students fault I never wrote no damn 40 pages but thats probably because my major deals with financials. Most Ive ever written is 12. My major isn't journalism tho. The correlation between writing X amount of papers has nothing to do with college being a scam

#22 U.S. college students spend 24% of their time sleeping, 51% of their time socializing and 7% of their time studying.

#23 Federal statistics reveal that only 36 percent of the full-time students who began college in 2001 received a bachelor's degree within four years.

fu*k I mean Ima graduate in 4 years with 150 credits to sit for my CPA. Only did summer school once Its all ambition.

Not Enough Jobs For College Graduates

#24 Only 55.3% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 were employed last year. That was the lowest level that we have seen since World War II.

Cant say sh*t about that cuz im still tryna get work.
 6 years ago '05        #4
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,098 | Props total: 386 386
they go unused because people dont qualify for them
 12-17-2011, 12:17 PM         #5
IceBergSlim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3stacks said:
Theres a solution to pretty much all of those problems/things.

That sounds like the students fault I never wrote no damn 40 pages but thats probably because my major deals with financials. Most Ive ever written is 12. My major isn't journalism tho. The correlation between writing X amount of papers has nothing to do with college being a scam

man that says write 20 pages and read 40 pages you big dummy...looks like someone could use some college.
 6 years ago '10        #6
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 1495 1495
When people go to college just to go to college then you will have problems. I know someone who is majoring in psychology yet has no intentions of being a psychologist or continuing school after graduating. What sense does that make?

If you don't want to get scammed then don't go to college, so simple.
 6 years ago '08        #7
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,922 | Props total: 7312 7312
 IceBergSlim said:
man that says write 20 pages and read 40 pages you big dummy...looks like someone could use some college.
honest typo mistake
 12-18-2011, 01:07 AM         #8
benzsl4585 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t, I got my JD and I'm working on my MBA.

I'm handling my business. Those other people fu*ked up.
 6 years ago '07        #9
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2525 2525
 ThRoWeD MaN LaN said:
When people go to college just to go to college then you will have problems. I know someone who is majoring in psychology yet has no intentions of being a psychologist or continuing school after graduating. What sense does that make?

Funny... I went to college... And I didn't get scammed...

benzsl4585 said:
sh*t, I got my JD and I'm working on my MBA.

I'm handling my business. Those other people fu*ked up.
Say man you think the MBA is really worth it? I'm in my 2L year... And we got a program where we can go joint (only an extra year if I hit up the summer classes)
 6 years ago '10        #10
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 ThRoWeD MaN LaN said:

Yo I know some ppl doin that too. Why would anyone even major in psychology in this day and age? there's like no money or jobs in fu*king psychology. at least no lucrative jobs. i agree with some of the things on that list man. College is waay too expensive and it keeps getting higher. i'm in community college right now and financial aid pays for 90% of my tuition. i refuse to pay a sh*tload of money for college and end up in debt with student loans. that's dumb sh*t. :/ but really, things need to change. i feel like college screws over many people and just takes their money. it's like we're all expected to go to college after high school and many of us don't plan it out or think about why we're going. we just go and end up spending more money than necessary.
 12-18-2011, 02:33 AM         #11
DeeCaoili 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fools about to Occupy Boxden now?
 6 years ago '06        #12
darnbni99a 
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 24 24
IN OTHER NEWS: I GRADUATE TOMORROW MUfu*kAS!!!!!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '11        #13
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
everything is business, they gotta make money too. What's one of the primary goals of a business? To grow.
 6 years ago '05        #14
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10785 10785
So glad that I dropped out of college debt free and using my work money and credit to invest into real estate.
 6 years ago '04        #15
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I graduated in 2005 with about 15K in loan debt which isn't bad over the course of 4 years.. It's not really a scam if you handle your business and take advantage of all the things allotted to you as a college student.. But I will say, as far as career it does come down to luck and who you know sometime, so don't be shy, get out there and network and intern, that ish is the most important thing you can do and can separate you from the million other 20 somethings out here looking for a job.. I have a high paying job right now that I can honestly say I got EXTREMELY lucky in getting..

Last edited by Nu Tymez; 12-18-2011 at 03:12 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #16
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
Yo #22, that was me in college And I still got thru in 4 years w/ honors n*gga. Deal With It.
 12-18-2011, 04:25 AM         #17
ballislife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dropped out
 6 years ago '04        #18
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
I dropped out of college (FIT) about 2 years ago, and I was like 1 class away from getting my a.ssociates. One of the best life decisions I've ever made.

I can't say college is a money making scam, but it's 100% most definitely not for everyone.
 12-18-2011, 04:49 AM         #19
ballislife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
I dropped out of college (FIT) about 2 years ago, and I was like 1 class away from getting my a.ssociates. One of the best life decisions I've ever made.

I can't say college is a money making scam, but it's 100% most definitely not for everyone.
Lol the same thing I did...how was life immediately after dropping out?
 12-18-2011, 04:50 AM         #20
benzsl4585 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Optimus Crime said:
Funny... I went to college... And I didn't get scammed...

Say man you think the MBA is really worth it? I'm in my 2L year... And we got a program where we can go joint (only an extra year if I hit up the summer classes)
Do it now. Promotions will come w/ ease in the future.
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago