Joe Budden Praises Kendrick Lamar, Recalls Jay-Z Advice

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
6392 pageviews
74 comments

Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,971 | Props total: 7394 7394
Joe Budden Praises Kendrick Lamar, Recalls Jay-Z Advice

[pic - click to view]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/i .. s-jay-z-advice

Joey says Kendrick Lamar is "impressive," before sharing advice he once got from Jay-Z.

During a recent interview with ESPN's The Life, Joe Budden spoke on a variety of topics including his impression of younger emcees. Budden took the opportunity to praise Kendrick Lamar. Joey also recalled a time when Jay-Z showed him support and emphasized the importance of consistency.

"Kendrick Lamar is impressive," Budden said when asked about his impression of younger emcees. "I guess there are a few guys out there that are impressive. But when I was coming up, I bumped into Jay-Z at the Def Jam offices and I was at the height of my success and he said, 'You're doing great out there. Now go keep it up.' And that stuck with me. Anybody can go out there and score 30 on any given night and never do it again. But the talent is being able to do it on a consistent basis. So that's what I'm trying to see from the younger guys. That's what I'm doing now."

He also went on to say that he's seen emcees come and go in his time within the industry.

"With some of the newer guys that are a little less accomplished and experienced, I've seen it so many times: They come out, they're hot and they fall off."

Earlier this year, Budden spoke on collaborating with various emcees, including Kendrick Lamar, Big K.R.I.T., Brother Ali and Slug.

74 comments for "Joe Budden Praises Kendrick Lamar, Recalls Jay-Z Advice"

6 years ago '07        #2
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Then Jigga blackballed him
 6 years ago '11        #3
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Then Jigga blackballed him
and Budden still survived
 6 years ago '09        #4
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,199 | Props total: 7373 7373
Joey da don
 6 years ago '10        #5
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
so he totally disregarded jays advice then
 12-19-2011, 10:31 AM         #6
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 spittapilottalk said:
and Budden still survived
who's this Budden you're speaking of :budden:
 6 years ago '07        #7
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 J Rob said:
This.

Say what you want about his lack commercial success, but who would you rather be right now, Joe Budden or Chingy?
I dont know why these would be the choices but im not sure who I would pick
 6 years ago '09        #8
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,199 | Props total: 7373 7373
 Karamu said:
who's this Budden you're speaking of :budden:
the best rapper alive
 6 years ago '04        #9
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,461 | Props total: 1455 1455
^ minus the mike jones thing. hov signed him
 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM         #10
Jackson High 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
^ minus the mike jones thing. hov signed him
If you're saying Jay-Z signed Mike, I hope you know that was a internet joke.

And I'm happy for the underground success Joe has had but I know there's a lot of sleepless nights where he's imagining what things could've been like if he wasn't known as just Mr. Pump It Up.

He's a fantastic lyricist but it's sad what happened to his career. Then again he was dissing G-unit, Game, Royce Da 5'9, Jay-Z, Prodigy, Saigon......It was bound to happen
 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM         #11
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackson High said:
If you're saying Jay-Z signed Mike, I hope you know that was a internet joke.

And I'm happy for the underground success Joe has had but I know there's a lot of sleepless nights where he's imagining what things could've been like if he wasn't known as just Mr. Pump It Up.

He's a fantastic lyricist but it's sad what happened to his career. Then again he was dissing G-unit, Game, Royce Da 5'9, Jay-Z, Prodigy, Saigon......It was bound to happen
yea but hes still makin good money makin great music which is hard to say for other people. he would have had to make a lot more pump it up tracks to stay big and i dont think he likes doin that type of music. but hes made classic mixtapes and lyrically one of the best rappers out, no doubt.
 6 years ago '05        #12
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,898 | Props total: 5734 5734
 DelbertMengel said:
so he totally disregarded jays advice then
 6 years ago '05        #13
realfastMustang 
space
space
$26,586 | Props total: 104 104
 J Rob said:
n*ggas make fun of Joey for his "lack of success" and being a "one hit wonder"......but don't seem to realize (or care) that he has one of the most loyal underground followings in the game. If I were a rapper I'd rather have that type of career than to have one like Chingy or Mike Jones where you're super hot for a year or two and then suddenly fall off the face of the earth.
Truth..........

If some of these dudes that instantly Hate on Joey took time out to actually listen to his music... they would see, Joey has CLASSICS for DAYS......

There aren't very many Emcees out there that I could say their music/lyrics actually MEANT SOMETHIN' to me....

Budden >>>
 12-19-2011, 12:29 PM         #14
Jackson High 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stayburnin said:
yea but hes still makin good money makin great music which is hard to say for other people. he would have had to make a lot more pump it up tracks to stay big and i dont think he likes doin that type of music. but hes made classic mixtapes and lyrically one of the best rappers out, no doubt.
Yea that is true especially the doing that type of music part. I read somewhere or saw a video a while back on him speaking on the matter. Now he's happy making music that he wants to make, good for him.
 6 years ago '05        #15
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,967 | Props total: 10895 10895
I might not have a lot of material from Joe Budden, but he is definitely a great rapper just based off the few tracks I like from him. He's definitely IMO one of the most underrated rappers ever.
 12-19-2011, 12:33 PM         #16
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank you Joey based god for sharing.
 12-19-2011, 12:34 PM         #17
Jackson High 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 realfastMustang said:
Truth..........

If some of these dudes that instantly Hate on Joey took time out to actually listen to his music... they would see, Joey has CLASSICS for DAYS......

There aren't very many Emcees out there that I could say their music/lyrics actually MEANT SOMETHIN' to me....

Budden >>>
The problem isn't that. It's a couple things actually.

1. His music is for the Kanye 808, Kendrick Lamar, current Drake, lovers. The type of music Joe puts out you literally have to be in a certain mood to listen to.

2. His fans.

His fans are pretty knowledgeable on his catalog but the main thing is they consider him to be best thing since sliced bread. I understand he makes great music because I'm a fan too, but the amount of -excuse my language- d!ck sucking they do makes it easy to ridicule Mr. Budden on here.
 6 years ago '09        #18
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,703 | Props total: 13278 13278
 J Rob said:
n*ggas make fun of Joey for his "lack of success" and being a "one hit wonder"......but don't seem to realize (or care) that he has one of the most loyal underground followings in the game. If I were a rapper I'd rather have that type of career than to have one like Chingy or Mike Jones where you're super hot for a year or two and then suddenly fall off the face of the earth.
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '04        #19
profit 
space
space
space
$1,404 | Props total: 123 123
How the fu*k are people sad for a dude who just got signed to shady for mils? Has a radio show and independent deals for distribution of his mixtapes? n*gga is far from broke fu*k tall talking bout
 12-19-2011, 12:38 PM         #20
Contagioso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackson High said:
The problem isn't that. It's a couple things actually.

1. His music is for the Kanye 808, Kendrick Lamar, current Drake, lovers. The type of music Joe puts out you literally have to be in a certain mood to listen to.

2. His fans.

His fans are pretty knowledgeable on his catalog but the main thing is they consider him to be best thing since sliced bread. I understand he makes great music because I'm a fan too, but the amount of -excuse my language- d!ck sucking they do makes it easy to ridicule Mr. Budden on here.
this...
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy