Samsung Galaxy Nexus Hacks / jailbreak / Customization Info

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '04        #21
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,567 | Props total: 2707 2707
tricks and tips for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

There is no doubt that Android 4 aka Ice Cream Sandwich brings some new gadgets and functionality and more will be uncovered everyday as everyone digs into the Galaxy Nexus. I have a few things I really like about Android 4 so far. These tips and tricks are some simple things I have found while discovering my own Galaxy Nexus today.

There are so many new features included in Android 4 that the OS itself almost feels brand new. The new favorites tray, folders, face unlock (which does actually work), NFC tools, the list goes on. I haven’t really found a portion of Ice Cream Sandwich that I have disliked.

I will share a few things that I have discovered today. If you find anything that you want to share, by all means, please share in the comments.

2. DATA MONITORING

Something that has been left off the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon that is a very welcome omission is “Bloatware”. There are some things that Verizon does stuff on phones that I do enjoy though and one of them is their data monitor widget. This has been left off of the Galaxy Nexus as well. There are two things you can do to keep up with your data still. You have the built-in data usage monitor in the settings (left) or grab a 3rd party app like Onavo (right). The built-in tool doesn’t come with a widget to track data with. Onavo is free and comes with widgets to monitor data. It takes just a few minutes to set your limits and billing cycle for month resets. It also has a monitor that alerts you when applications are running in the background going crazy with your data.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

3. SCREENSHOTS

When Android 1st popped onto the scene, you had to hook your phone up to your computer and install development software to get screenshots off a device. A couple OEMs, Samsung and HTC, started to throw in a way to accomplish this without major hoops. With Android 4, it’s now built-in. KT posted a how-to earlier today, but it’s very simple… Hold down volume down and power button for a couple of seconds and there you have it! You can share pretty screenshots (below) with friends and even readers of websites (that’s you).

[pic - click to view]

4. A LITTLE EASTER EGG FUN WITH ICS

There’s a fun little thing you can do with Android 4. It’s not very functional, but neat nonetheless. Follow along the screenshots below to see!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5. BIG BATTERY NOT DOING IT FOR YOU?

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a massive 1850mAh battery but I have heard at least a dozen people complaining about the battery life, myself included. With the built-in battery monitor in the settings, you can learn a ton about where your juice is going. I know this is not rocket science, but I am one that loves to crank up the brightness on my devices and the Galaxy Nexus has one of the nicest screens out there, so you know… turn it up! Well, that’s not so smart. I burned through 2 “almost complete” charges today with that mentality. It wasn’t until I found this little graph below that I knew that the screen was k!lling me. I changed the setting to auto-brightness and got much better battery life. This was turned off by default.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #22
space
space
tricks and tips for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus continued

6. TELL A CALLER WHAT’S UP

You know that moment you’re in a meeting and your wife calls and you don’t want to be rude and ignore the call, but you have to? You can either slide to the left to ignore or to the right to answer, right? Well, now with Android 4, you have a 3rd option. When you receive a call, you push down phone icon and instead of moving it right or left, move it up to the text icon. At that point, you will get a menu of canned responses that you can send to that caller immediately, including a choice for a custom message. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

[pic - click to view]

7. DUDE! WHERE’S MY WIDGET?

If you’ve used Android before and grab a Galaxy Nexus with ICS, you are going to hold down on the main screen looking to add a widget (left). What? All you can do now is change the backgrounds. You widgets have moved. Now, tap the center icon (the one that’s a circle with 6 dots) and you’ll get your app list. Notice at the top, you have two tabs, Apps and Widgets. Slide left to right through your icon pages or just tap the tab itself. Now you can add your widgets. You need to hold down on the widget you want to use and then it will pop up and allow you to position it.

[pic - click to view]

8. NO MORE SETTINGS BUTTON

Have no fear, there are some really quick ways to access the settings now. Of course, the old button was best in my opinion, but Google didn’t leave us hanging. The two easiest ways to access settings are a) the widget that Google gifted us (left) with and b) slide down you notifications bar and click the settings icon up top (right).

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

9. CUSTOMIZE YOUR FAVORITES TRAY

This one is simple, but very helpful. I won’t waste time explaining it when Google has a perfectly boring video to walk you through it!

10. USE FOLDERS TO ELIMINATE CLUTTER

I was an iOS user when Apple introduced folders to the iPhone. It was awesome! Clutter was now a thing of the past. Well, I know that either the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket or the Droid RAZR had the ability to create folders, but I am fairly sure that wasn’t a function of Android, rather something the OEM through in. Now, with ICS, you can create folders. You can put them on the home screen or even in your favorites tray. Just throw a couple related app icons on top of each other and you have a folder.

If you check out my main screen (top left), I have 8 folders covering 90% of my apps. When you receive the Samsung Galaxy Nexus from Verizon, you will have a Google folder already set up (top right). When you tap the folder to open, the software tells you about folders.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #23
space
space
power bar widget in your notification bar

[pic - click to view]

the app is called widgetsoid just creat a widget and Tick "notification" and "invisible" in advanced settings

6 years ago '04        #24
space
space
Add a ringing tone for calls:

We had already talked about adding a ringtone for sms notifications and we'll see how to make ring tones. As always, Android, it is very easy. Just connect the phone via USB and create the directory tree media / audio / ringtones to the root of the phone (if not already). Placed just want the mp3 file in that folder. It remains only to change the ringtone: go to Settings> Sound> Ringtone and select the phone ringing freshly added. Note that to disable USB storage memory to be able to select custom ringtones.

Add a ringing tone for alarms
We had already talked about adding a ringtone and sms notifications and a ringer for calls , we'll see how to make ringtones for the alarm (the alarm). Just connect the phone via USB and create the directory tree media / audio / alarms to the root of the phone (if not already). Placed just want the mp3 file in that folder. It will appear in the list of ringing alarm clock via its title. It remains only to change the ringtone for your alarm to go to Application Panel> Clock> Alarm tone and select the newly added to the alarm of your choice. Those who have put the clock widget on their desktop can directly access it via alarms.

Emulators:

While Google has many emulators from the Android Market, retro-gamers need not despair yet: We have compiled the most important emulators for you and show you in an additional workshop on how to install the programs. The selection of classic games is huge: With SNesoid you talk about old games for the Super Nintendo to start, while Gearoid SEGA Master System and Game Gear simulates the smartphone. The emulators include:•Ataroid (Atari 2600)
•Gensoid (Sega Mega Drive)
•Nesoid (Nintendo Entertainment System)
•GBCoid (Game Boy Color)
•GameBoid (Game Boy)
•Gearoid (SEGA Master System and Game Gear)

Watch Movies and Players

If you downloaded an internet movies for viewing on your Android handset, it is very unlikely to be able to open by default, either for lack of video codecs or by resolution of the film. For these cases it is best to download the yxplayer alternative media player that is compatible with most video formats. Yxplayer is a multimedia player that can play files Android MPG1, MPG2, MPG4, DivX, Xvid and WMV on your Android phone

Add picture in the SMS application:

In applying SMS / MMS default Android, sent messages appear in the son as sent by me with the opportunity to display your avatar or your photo. First let's see how the SMS / MMS application chooses which image display. It uses the parameter My Android phone number visible in Settings> About phone> state. Then it searches your contacts have a contact that phone number and use his photo.

We must begin by creating a contact: put your full name, your phone number, your email addresses ... and a photo. You can do this since Gmail saw that it synchronizes itself. Another advantage to create a contact for yourself is that you can share it by email, SMS, Bluetooth or NFC to easily give your details to anyone else.

Point annoying to many, in my phone number, there is marked Unknown, or there is a back issue, making it difficult to find your contact so your photo. This parameter is actually in the SIM card. It is not at all helpful to make or receive calls, there are only for cosmetic reasons. If there is not your number, we must add it. But the ROM by default does not change this setting. If you have a custom ROM (Cyanogen or otherwise), you can edit it directly.

6 years ago '05        #26
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,913 | Props total: 1478 1478
XDA has a great way to root your phone using the Toolkit its an exe so you dont have to use adb, it will Unlock bootloader, root your phone, install CMW and even let you return to a stock google rom.

6 years ago '07        #27
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13027 13027
just dled the lightflow app. game changer since i hated the default LED notification settings.
 6 years ago '04        #28
space
space
I just updated the first post.

It turns out that most of custom roms take advantage of what Im about tell you guys to speed up the phone animations to make your gnex faster and smoother WITHOUT any hacking involved.

1. Go to settings then developer options
2. check off force gpu rendering
3. set the window animation scale to .5x
4. set the transition animation scale to .5x

after this you're all set.. things will be a lot smoother and faster.
 6 years ago '10        #29
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
good looks on this thread. bout to put this bi*ch to use in a couple days
 6 years ago '05        #30
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
this thread has done wonders for me since i came to a nexus
 6 years ago '05        #31
TheChief 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,178 | Props total: 9292 9292
 duval88 said:
good looks on this thread. bout to put this bi*ch to use in a couple days
thanks
 6 years ago '10        #32
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 TheChief said:
thanks
for what? I'm guessing you meant to quote someone else
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Upcoming Horror Movies 2018 (Trailer)
25 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy