Stephen A. Smith & Bucher: Kobe will most likely Demand Trade

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
14908 pageviews
174 comments

Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Stephen A. Smith & Bucher: Kobe will most likely Demand Trade

Kobe Bryant is livid with the Lakers, and he may demand a trade, Stephen A. Smith said Thursday.

Appearing on SportsCenter, Smith said ďI predicted that Kobe Bryant will demand a trade, and I am not budging from that. Heís livid. Iíve known Kobe too long. He is ticked off.

ďItís not just because [the Clippers] got Chris Paul, which is a guy that he expected to have. Itís because Jim Buss seems to be doing the inexplicable,Ē Smith said. ďIt makes no sense. Itís one thing for the team not to have improved [after losing to the Mavericks], itís another thing entirely for them to regress. If you know anything about Kobe, that is the last thing that he wants to do.

ďIt will not be pleasant at all.Ē

Reporter Ric Bucher said he would not be surprised if Kobe demands a trade. He added that a GM figured Kobe would demand a trade within a month.

Anyone who finds this report to be shocking doesnít know Kobe very well. In June 2007, Kobe wanted a trade because he was upset with the front office. He wanted the Lakers to trade Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd and was disappointed it didnít happen. He stuck with the Lakers and they pulled off a trade for Pau Gasol to make him happy. They reached the Finals three years in a row and won two titles with Pau.

After losing to the Mavs in the playoffs, some people felt it was time for changes. It looked like the Lakers were going to tweak the roster by acquiring Chris Paul from the Hornets, but the NBA canceled the deal. Then the front office traded Lamar Odom to rival Dallas for a pick and trade exception, leaving Kobe upset. And now we may be back to 2007 again.

Itís sad Kobe is being forced to play with some of the leagueís top big men such as Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. How dare the Lakers force that upon him. And if Kobe really does want a trade, the $59+ million heís set to make over the next two seasons will be unattractive to many teams.

Publicly, Kobe is saying he has faith in the front office. After all, in June 2008 he said he was done playing GM once the team got Pau. You have to figure that privately he is livid and upset that his team is falling behind his competition.

[pic - click to view]

Kobe Bryant Reportedly is Livid and May Demand a Trade | Larry Brown Sports

[pic - click to view]

174 comments for "Stephen A. Smith & Bucher: Kobe will most likely Demand Trade"

6 years ago '06        #2
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
Nobody but Laker Fans
 6 years ago '10        #3
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
Kobe isn't going anywhere.
 6 years ago '11        #4
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,919 | Props total: 1642 1642
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
who's gonna want him ?

28 other teams???? He isn't going to demand a trade though, he will DEMAND help though in which the lakers need right about now
 6 years ago '07        #5
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
How did he get his contract so that he makes so much per year? I always wondered that I thought the max was the max
 6 years ago '05        #6
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
All speculation. Never going to happen again. I like Odom...but these media people acting as if losing this guy is equivalent to the Colts losing Peyton Manning or something. fu*k...it's Lamar Odom. They guy asked for a trade because his feelings were hurt. I know he helped them win 2 titles but you really want someone that sensitive on your team going forward? They still got Bynum and still got Gasol. And still have Kobe.
 6 years ago '06        #7
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 pbballin said:

28 other teams???? He isn't going to demand a trade though, he will DEMAND help though in which the lakers need right about now
Nobody is paying 30million a year on a soon to be 34 year old with bone on bone knee caps.
 6 years ago '06        #8
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 iggyemu said:
All speculation. Never going to happen again. I like Odom...but these media people acting as if losing this guy is equivalent to the Colts losing Peyton Manning or something. fu*k...it's Lamar Odom. They guy asked for a trade because his feelings were hurt. I know he helped them win 2 titles but you really want someone that sensitive on your team going forward? They still got Bynum and still got Gasol. And still have Kobe.
They lost a 6th man of the year, now their bench consists of Luke Walton and Kapono. Shannon is gone & Ebanks will start this year yes keeping your 6MOTY is a priority.

And the fact they gift wrapped him to the team that swept them in the playoffs. Stop sugarcoating the awful move.
 6 years ago '04        #9
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,310 | Props total: 11350 11350
where is he gonna go?

get this bullsh*t outta here kobe aint going nowhere.
 6 years ago '04        #10
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
Ric Bucher in 2005: "Kobe Bryant will never play for the Lakers again"

These sensationalist idiots at ESPN have nothing better to do..

INF4MOUS said:
How did he get his contract so that he makes so much per year? I always wondered that I thought the max was the max
I believe that the reason why his contract has escalated so much is because of his tenure in the league.. And also because he had 3 contracts under the OLD CBA of 1999, which escalated far more than the current CBA does. The max contract isn't necessarily a maximum amount, it's just 10% more than what the player made over the previous year.

Last edited by A.G; 12-16-2011 at 11:47 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #11
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,919 | Props total: 1642 1642
 KSoraci7 said:
Nobody is paying 30million a year on a soon to be 34 year old with bone on bone knee caps.
Right, just because nobody would take none of them old a.ss Celtics for that much, do not mean they won't take Kobe...and he's 33.

If you think no team would want Kobe, you're either dumb, a hater, or a celtic fan.

which are you?
 6 years ago '09        #12
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,265 | Props total: 1369 1369
In terms of ticket and jersey sales, and national media attention, in addition to being an elite player, Kobe is worth what he's paid.
 6 years ago '05        #13
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
 KSoraci7 said:
They lost a 6th man of the year, now their bench consists of Luke Walton and Kapono. Shannon is gone & Ebanks will start this year yes keeping your 6MOTY is a priority.

And the fact they gift wrapped him to the team that swept them in the playoffs. Stop sugarcoating the awful move.
I am not sugarcoating anything. It's just not as a big deal as it's being made out to be. The Lakers will move on. I am not saying they'll win the championship with this roster. But these media people are acting as if they will win 45 games and be the 7th seed without Odom. They'll be top 3 in the West...exactly where they were last year. For Kobe to demand a trade they'd have to fail on a substantial level this season. That's not going to happen with the current roster.
 6 years ago '09        #14
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,265 | Props total: 1369 1369
and I'd trade anyone on the Warriors for past prime Kobe, and wouldn't think twice.
 6 years ago '06        #15
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 pbballin said:
Right, just because nobody would take none of them old a.ss Celtics for that much, do not mean they won't take Kobe...and he's 33.

If you think no team would want Kobe, you're either dumb, a hater, or a celtic fan.

which are you?
I don't know what the Celtics contracts have anything to do with this, none of them have franchise crippling contracts.

Nobody wants a player getting paid 30million a year not named Jordan you idiot, its not about Kobe.

Are you a Kobe stan or a Kobe stan, which are you
 6 years ago '08        #16
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,239 | Props total: 13601 13601
Artest should help more coming off the bench and they signed mcroberts he could help a little i guess but they need another guard too
 6 years ago '07        #17
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
I think secretly the Lakers told him that they want to rebuild and will make room to have money in the offseason to get Dwight. Trading Kobe is difficult and would take at least 4 teams but it can be done. Most likely destinations are Philly, Brooklyn and Atlanta.

won't happen tho...
 6 years ago '04        #18
spunkyXL 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,451 | Props total: 1430 1430
Kobe for Deng + Noah or Boozer...do it Paxson!!!
 6 years ago '07        #19
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,189 | Props total: 15001 15001
doubt this happens, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised

they need to take the reigns away from Jim Buss though jesus christ
 6 years ago '04        #20
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 spunkyXL said:
Kobe for Deng + Noah or Boozer...do it Paxson!!!
"Kobe will not accept any trade where Luol Deng is involved"

-Stephen A Smith
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago