Steve Smith says Cam is better by far, "If Tebow is standing next to me I'd tell it to his face."

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
9267 pageviews
206 comments

Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
Steve Smith says Cam is better by far, "If Tebow is standing next to me I'd tell it to his face."

[pic - click to view]

By STEVE REED, AP Sports Writer – Thu Dec 15, 5:25 pm ET

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith said when it comes to comparing Cam Newton to Tim Tebow there is no comparison.

Smith said time will prove Newton is by far the better NFL quarterback.

"If Tebow is standing next to me I would tell it to his face — come check me out in five years, Jack, and you'll know who's the best quarterback," Smith said.

Newton is 4-9 as a starter, although he's put up incredible individual numbers. He has a chance to become the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards and run for 500 in the same season. He already has 554 yards rushing and needs only 427 yards passing to reach 4,000.

Tebow is 6-1 as a starter this year for Denver with five impressive come-from-behind victories. But Smith believes Denver's defense isn't getting enough credit for the Broncos playoff push.

Smith said Newton's versatility makes him a better quarterback.

"Everybody wants to crown Tebow as a versatile quarterback," Smith said. "Versatile to me means you can throw the ball very accurately, run the ball and create things. The only he can create is running. He isn't very accurate."

Tebow has won more games than Newton this year, but that doesn't matter to Smith.

"You can't compare Cam to Tebow. I think Cam's a more complete player," Smith said. "Tebow has the wins. But everybody wants to crown Tebow. Yes, he has the will to win. I think Tebow is no different than any other professional (in that way). But Tebow has a great opportunity to play behind a great defense."

Denver has allowed the fourth-fewest points in the league; the injury-plagued Panthers defense ranks 22nd in points allowed.

Smith pointed to Tebow's statistics in the first three quarters of last Sunday's game against Chicago — he was 3 of 16 — as an example of his inaccurate arm and lack of accuracy in the passing game.

"That's not a versatile quarterback," Smith said.

Still, Tebow has been able to do what Newton hasn't — win games late.

The Panthers have led in 12 of 13 games this year, but have lost six contests when they've led in the fourth quarter. On the other hand, Tebow has five game-winning drives in the fourth quarter this year and six for his career.

In Denver, the fourth quarter has become known as "Tebow Time."

Panthers center Ryan Kalil said he doesn't see too many similarities between the two quarterbacks.

"They are two different players," Kalil said. "I don't know much about Tebow other than the highlights, but I think they're different. If I had to choose one it would be my guy. Everyone keeps tagging this thing that he's a winner, but it's not one man, it's a football team. I think they're playing good as a football team."

Kalil said Newton is a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback.

"I do," Kalil said. "He's young and he has a lot of room to grow. I think he's already shown he's pretty darn phenomenal."

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Panthers Smith says no comparing Newton to Tebow - Yahoo! News

Last edited by Jayceon; 12-16-2011 at 03:43 PM..

206 comments for "Steve Smith says Cam is better by far, "If Tebow is standing next to me I'd tell it to his face.""

12-16-2011, 12:14 AM         #2
Marcus42 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah i'd take Newton, he has a lot to learn but he got a lot more potential.
 6 years ago '04        #3
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,897 | Props total: 8233 8233
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
Cam has reached his peak already. Tebow is the future. Cam is a loser and his stats are way inflated.
Welp, Boxden has a retard offically. Shut the F U C K UP!

Last edited by ghettofied; 12-16-2011 at 09:57 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #4
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Judas.
 6 years ago '08        #5
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,893 | Props total: 12603 12603

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Eagles All Day; 12-16-2011 at 01:23 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #6
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
actual people unrelated to Tebow think otherwise?

I'm sure numerous Broncos players would agree with Steve Smith
 6 years ago '05        #7
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
Cam has reached his peak already. Tebow is the future. Cam is a loser and his stats are way inflated.
 6 years ago '11        #8
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
We all know this, I think even Tebow knows this. But dude just wins games. Give Cam some time and he'll be able to pull off winning seasons.
 6 years ago '07        #9
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
"Everybody wants to crown Tebow as a versatile quarterback," Smith said. "Versatile to me means you can throw the ball very accurately, run the ball and create things. The only he can create is running. He isn't very accurate."
What does Steve Smith read or hear? I've never heard that.
 6 years ago '05        #10
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
wow just when you thing bx couldn't get any stupider BOOM smith is a 100 percent correct.

u cant even compare tebow avg 150 yards 48 percent but espn continues to show jaded stats to make it look like he sum great QB . Dude is only good for 2 or 3 drives a game fu*king def has to play lights out for tebow to even get to the 4th . but hey its tebow so lets ignore everything else that they discredit other Qb for like mark joe and cam . but use it to big up tebow
 6 years ago '10        #11
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 1300 1300
I'm starting to wonder how less Tebow can do in a game and still get major credit for these wins. It's getting sickening.
 6 years ago '07        #12
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 rek0nize said:
I'm starting to wonder how less Tebow can do in a game and still get major credit for these wins. It's getting sickening.
QBs get credit period. Win or Lose.
 6 years ago '10        #13
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
Cam has thrown more interceptions then td's and his team loses almost every game. n*ggas wanna talk about his rushing td's like thats an accomplishment when Carolina already has 2 great backs and Cam's just takin up their carries. Like i said Carolina is just forcing the offense through him and thats the reason for his stats.

and dont give me that bullsh*t about tebow only being good in the 4th quarter. U must not watch the games if you can't see that the play calling is completely different in the 4th than it is through quarters 1-3. Tebow would be just as good in the earlier part of the game if they just "unleashed" him as Skip Bayless would say.
Don't be low iq'd.

Cam don't have the defense the Broncos have. You give him that defense and they got 10 wins right NOW.
 6 years ago '10        #14
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
 TH35 said:
QBs get credit period.
I just figured good ones only received credit.
 6 years ago '07        #15
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 rek0nize said:
I just figured good ones only received credit.
Naw, that's the reason why I don't like QBs that much.
 6 years ago '10        #16
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
the broncos D is overrated. U see what Christian Ponder did to them ?
Overrated by who's standards?? YOURS??
 6 years ago '06        #17
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 93 93
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
the broncos D is overrated. U see what Christian Ponder did to them ?
overratted?

other than the minny game denver gives up like 12 PPG in the last 5.

Yeah pretty overrated
 6 years ago '04        #18
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,568 | Props total: 13181 13181
I like him having his QB's back... but he's picking on an easy target. Tebow don't talk sh*t. You get no points for picking on Tebow.
 6 years ago '04        #19
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Cam has the better skill set as far as a QB goes he has the tangible stuff no denying that but it does seem like he lacks the leadership part and he is a little bit too ego driven, after what he said about his team this year you don't wanna hear that if your his teammates do you?

just watched something with him being interviewed too much "I, I, I" "me, me, me" "my team has to get on my level"

I like Cam and hes proved to me he has so much skill I just hope he hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

Last edited by K1; 12-16-2011 at 03:56 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #20
Scoop24 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,795 | Props total: 1379 1379
You can keep the stats.. sh*t means nothing when u ain't winning.

That being said Cam is better than Tebow. But Tebow is a winner and that's all that matters.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy