NBA 2K12 defense

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
8302 pageviews
14 comments

imsochrisp 
space
space
space
$552 | Props total: 154 154
NBA 2K12 defense

I just started playing and I f*cking suck on defense and offense, so hard to play 2k now. So i was wondering how long did it take you guys to play good defense and beat comp on default skill level? In a.ssociation im getting blown out man and everytime they post me up they draw a foul and one.

Not only posting up, but whenever they spin i can never keep up with them. A spin move will make my guy fly if i hit jump.

Last question, why are first round draft picks worth so little in trades?

14 comments for "NBA 2K12 defense"

6 years ago '10        #2
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,755 | Props total: 8684 8684
lay off the turbo give them space to drive but be close enough where you can close out in time once they get by i try to bump and switch off to someone else to stop them.....you can change your defensive settings and ish that also helps. 2-3 and 1-3-1 are my D's this year though
 6 years ago '09        #3
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
defense is fluid now
 6 years ago '10        #4
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,755 | Props total: 8684 8684
 faceoffizhere said:
defense is fluid now
still feels same to me......cant stay in front of guy for nothing
 6 years ago '09        #5
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
ive had game since release date and still suck on defense

its funny the cpu can blow pass me with ease but i cant blow past the cpu for nothin so hard to get to the rim in this game
 12-15-2011, 01:17 PM         #6
typicalblackman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm terrible at defense. I used to resort to playing computer defense until I realized I didn't want to be a bi*ch anymore. I haven't been good online since 2K9.
 6 years ago '06        #7
Riley Freeman 
space
space
$2,172 | Props total: 36 36
 Poohdini said:
ive had game since release date and still suck on defense

its funny the cpu can blow pass me with ease but i cant blow past the cpu for nothin so hard to get to the rim in this game
Had Brendan Haywood on a switch with D. Rose couldnt get past that slow a.ss 6 12(jk) n*gga for nothing ! SMDH !!
 6 years ago '07        #8
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
Defensive keys
-layoff turbo
-use lock on in moderation (I usually do just below 15 feet)
-be gentle on the analog, dont just cut it hard left and right use the sensitivity to ur advantage.
-know your defender and offensive player. Everyone has different tendencies and sweet spots get a better idea when your going against a skilled player.
-do no jump to block unless its a dunk or layup

Offensive keys at getting to the basket
-lay off turbo (think of it as the aggressive button and their is a thin line between aggressive and out of control)
-know your players shot tendencies and attributes becuz not everyone is creative enough to get a shot off much less make it.
-practice practice practice! The dribble moves in this game allow you to be quick and there are no animations to get sucked to on D so blowing by somebody is as easy as setting them and faking them out. The best moves are subtle flicks of the left knob in addition to a dribble move.
-the hop step and step back jumpers are your best friends for getting the defense to respect you penetration so that you can set them up.
-dont force it in the offense. Throw in a hesitation here and there but once you start holding the ball its easier for the defender to anticipate a drive.

Last edited by Cambury; 12-15-2011 at 02:45 PM..
 04-05-2012, 08:49 PM         #9
God Mode 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how to you help your cpu teamates play a bit better...defensive a.ssist helped me a bit..but im not sure wut the in game sliders shuld be.like the crash boards and all that
 6 years ago '05        #10
Greece 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,603 | Props total: 1202 1202
Yeah seriously I had to switch to rookie and still have close games with the CPU. First time since I was a kid that I had to put any game on the lowest level.
 6 years ago '05        #11
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,709 | Props total: 7001 7001
I can play defense I just hate f*gs who change their controller layout so they can spam spin moves then bi*ch when u let the cpu take over due to their cheesing
 6 years ago '11        #12
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
I can guard other n*ggas on defense in 2k but when it comes to the cpu on anything above all star? fu*king fogettaboutit

Them n*ggas make everything, and it's hard as fu*k to keep them in front of you.

What really makes me mad tho is the CPU's defense in this game, Dribble moves are complete sh*t now. You can't even cross up a center to get into the lane

I can't even fu*k with standard Pick and Rolls because it's a guaranteed turnover 70% of the time When they trap you it's over. Can only run Pick and Slips

Oh fu*k yall n*ggas that just camp in the lane with your center, step your perimeter D up lames

And another edit

I realized I ain't offer any advice

But ummm, just keep playing. I just got into 2k last year in 2k11 and that bi*ch was HAAARD!!!
Took me 2 weeks of playing to get into it and learn what to do. Thought I had it figured out for 2k12, but another 2 weeks of fustration ensued. Gotta keep playing to find the niches and lapses and what best works.

I used to do the tight defense all the time (Hold LT) but that doesn't seem to work as well, stay off the turbo and give a tad bit of space for them to run into you when they drive. Also once you start playing more, you recognize their plays and it can make for easy pickings to start a fastbreak

Last edited by Backflipz; 04-05-2012 at 10:32 PM..
 04-05-2012, 11:04 PM         #13
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im a decent defender and defense is hard as sh*t on this game....

its not like 2k11, a star player can penetrate and hit contested shots ....
 04-05-2012, 11:07 PM         #14
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont let cpu guard ....i guard players myself and its hard this year....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy