Dec 14 - Black Teen Spanked on Viral Video Found Dead

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
13592 pageviews
133 comments

jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Dec 14 - Black Teen Spanked on Viral Video Found Dead

[pic - click to view]

A teenager who was a fleeting sensation on YouTube earlier this year after he was videotaped being spanked by his uncle for boasting about gang ties on his Facebook page was found shot to death last week, just steps away from his Terrytown neighborhood home.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office said Michael Taylor, 16, was found shot to death shortly after 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7 when deputies responded to a report of gunshots in the area.

Taylor had been shot multiple times.

Sgt. Larry Dyess, JPSO spokesman, told the Times-Picayune that authorities had no suspect or motive in the incident.

Taylor’s mother, Kimberly Ward, told the newspaper that she kept strict tabs on her son, even making him stay on the sidewalk in eyesight of their home when he went outside. The night of the shooting, she said, Taylor received a text message from a friend at about 8 p.m. and went outside to chat.

"She said she called him back inside a few minutes later to find out what was going on, and he told her he was just talking and went back outside. A few minutes later, her daughter received a text message saying that Taylor had been shot, and then another saying he was dead," the newspaper reported.

"Ward said she rushed from the house, driving around the neighborhood looking for her son, but didn't find him until she was coming back to her apartment complex. That's when she saw his body on the cold sidewalk, clad in the red sweatshirt she'd noticed when he left the house.

"I came home and saw my son on the ground," Ward said.

In addition to his mother and sister, Taylor is survived by a brother, grandparents and a host of relatives and friends. His funeral is scheduled for this morning.

In the YouTube video, posted in January, Taylor’s uncle ordered him to disavow any ties to gangs, announced that the family "don’t come from that sh--," and then proceeded to take off his belt and spank Taylor in full view of the laptop camera.

Rappers Lil Wayne and Birdman spoofed the video, as did another video site called StuntKidzTV.

The original video sparked tons of reaction, from people who applauded the uncle’s actions, calling it an overdue return to old-school parenting and discipline, to those who speculated the public humiliation might drive the teenager deeper into a gang's circle because the youth had been humiliated.

"I am not surprised to hear that this young man's life has ended violently. When I saw the video, I kept thinking that by beating this youth, the uncle was setting him up for some kind of tragedy, either prison or an early grave," said Stacey Patton, who in April launched the web site SparetheKids.com to offer black parents alternatives to corporal punishment and the tools to help foster the healthy development of children.

"I don’t understand why more people don't make the connection between how children are dealt with at home and the larger societal impact," Patton said. "Studies show that maltreated youth make up a disproportionate number of youth involved in school and gang violence. Violent parental discipline increases the risk that a child will act violently later in life. The use of violent discipline teaches children that violence is an appropriate means of shaping behavior and solving problems. Physically disciplining a child has no positive impact for the child, that child's relationship with the parents, or the larger community."

Ward told the Times-Picayune that her son was mild-mannered, but had begun hanging out with tough guys, telling her that he did it for protection to avoid problems with other students.

She cited a couple of incidents that she said might have led someone to come after her son, but in each case, Ward maintained her son had been the victim of a misunderstanding or was targeted because of his connection to others who may have instigated a dispute.

She also said Taylor recently took a photo with a friend that was posted on Facebook, that the friend had been involved in an ongoing dispute with an Algiers group and that someone recently threatened Taylor when she took him to the mall recently.

Ward told the newspaper she believed her son's friends, not his actions, led to his death.

"He was guilty by a.ssociation," she said.

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Black Teen Spanked on Viral Video Found Dead

133 comments for "Dec 14 - Black Teen Spanked on Viral Video Found Dead"

12-14-2011, 12:10 PM         #2
I'm Da Illest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rest in Peace
 6 years ago '10        #3
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 6 years ago '04        #4
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Wow....
The irony!
 12-14-2011, 12:17 PM         #5
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's dead.......why is that funny to you?
 6 years ago '04        #6
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 Dos-effect said:
he's dead.......why is that funny to you?
Not laughing at that for a second. That's some horrible sh*t. I'm laughing at a conversation I had earlier with another BX member and how this was subsequently posted afterward.
 12-14-2011, 01:07 PM         #7
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sad........i got a lil cousin in the seem situation...he keep hang with these thugs. all ready got sucker punched a some ghetto a.ss house party ....i hope nothing happen to him. that whole lifestyle is lame. these kids think its cool, it dont help these pus*y low IQ rappers brag about it. most of them never even been into a fist f!ght before

Last edited by DrX; 12-14-2011 at 04:52 PM..
 12-14-2011, 01:23 PM         #8
Triple sod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I am not surprised to hear that this young man's life has ended violently. When I saw the video, I kept thinking that by beating this youth, the uncle was setting him up for some kind of tragedy, either prison or an early grave,"
Way to stay classy - Dumb c*nt
 6 years ago '09        #9
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,699 | Props total: 13235 13235
Damn RIP
 6 years ago '11        #10
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
I got my a.ss beat on a daily. My dad knocked me out in in front of the school in 7 th grade. I got locked up in 7 th grade for attempted murder. The beating my dad gave me didn't make me violent I just grew up in a bad neighborhood. They picked on me cause my parents where not from America ( panama). I always had to f!ght. But I turned out good I graduated school with a 3.2 got a scholarship to college. And I just finished grad school. I was giving no chance to make it by anyone but my family. So it's not the child rearing that gets a kid k!lled its the environment u grow up in. Where u grow up can k!ll you.
 6 years ago '06        #11
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,103 | Props total: 223 223
sad news RIP
 6 years ago '04        #12
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2651 2651
Oh well.
 6 years ago '06        #13
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
The lady from that website is full of sh*t. When you don't discipline your kids and you let them run wild, that's when they end up in gangs. My parents beat the sh*t out of us. I woulda never dared join a gang. Lack of parenting is the reason n*ggas out there getting shot and robbed every gotdamn day and when black men wanna step up and do the right thing by these knucklehead kids, people got something to say about it.
 6 years ago '07        #14
0812 20 heat pts20
space
space
$577 | Props total: 2 2
the uncle was rite for whoopin him but how did the vid end up on the net.
 6 years ago '08        #15
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,829 | Props total: 12544 12544
Sad. Uncle was right in trying to get him straight. Now kid is just another statistic.
 6 years ago '06        #16
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,668 | Props total: 1371 1371
Lil Wayne and Birdman did not spoof that video
 12-14-2011, 05:35 PM         #17
ashnpat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow so sad rest in peace
 6 years ago '08        #18
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Another one bites the dust....
 12-14-2011, 06:46 PM         #19
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As a grown man I just feel the gang sh*t is stupid....When I was younger I ran with a few of the guys from my hood but we never had to resort to sh*t like this...and I come from 1 of the worst hoods in the Tri-state area....I keep seeing all these kids dead before 16 and its cause n*ggas are just scared. The n*gga with the gun is also the n*gga that fears everyone else more than anything....

Sad sh*t, his uncle tried to save em.
 6 years ago '04        #20
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,566 | Props total: 2425 2425
I heard about this sh*t on the news last week. I didn't know that was him though...
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy